Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Nevertheless, key point was what causes COPD?
See it as a pathological physiological state - a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The lung lining can be the Achilles heel in a person. Some people have COPD due to a food intolerance or allergy, like for dust mites or gluten, or pick your choice. It's not necessarily something you inhaled, although that could be very damaging. There is COPD that is more like chronic bronchitis, and there's COPD where's there's emphysema. The first people tend to be overweight, the later are malnourished or have lower weight than average. Some just had a bacterial pneumonia for which they never took antibiotics for, and that left a scar tissue (bronchiectasis) in the lungs. They can have COPD from that. Others have asthma, and that is part of the COPD spectrum of diseases.

A person intolerant to gluten will have COPD functional tests that can be reversed or even normalized if they stop gluten and/or stop working at a bakery, provided there's no irreversible damage in the lung lining. At some point, the inflammation is such, that it destroys the lung lining. Then, you can still get better, but here in third density, irreversible damage is still irreversible. Though, the body is incredibly resilient and other parts can learn to pick up the work and compensate well enough with help or therapy.

See it as a pathological physiological state - a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Thank you Gaby for that explanation. I don't recall hearing about COPD until fairly recently considering the entirety of my life being born in 1950. Cancer, diabetes, stroke, heart attack, sure. Those were the illnesses we were most familiar with. I was in junior high before I heard of asthma - a girl student had it and the only one I knew of. Auto-immune? How old was I before I heard that? And, who knew gluten could cause a major health issue. But then, we were all happily drinking fluoridated water and getting mercury fillings!

Some just had a bacterial pneumonia for which they never took antibiotics for, and that left a scar tissue (bronchiectasis) in the lungs.
Both my parents got pneumonia vaccine - was that a positive or a negative? Funny, I got pneumonia when I was 6 - penicillin, I presume, provided the cure. No idea if it developed after a cold, but can't imagine how I got it otherwise.

The first people tend to be overweight
It makes sense that being overweight was a factor.

Again, thanks for your input - it helps me deal with a still remembered, difficult time of my life. :flowers:

Last edited:
@Joe said earlier in the thread that the Chateau wanted to buy another one, so that makes 4 - Chateau, me, @Benjamin & NES. Unless the chateau has already ordered. $1050 less would certainly help. Anyone else interested?
I'm thinking about it. I'm 41 and I haven't started aging much, but I would like to start using it regularly for anti-aging, do you all think 1-2x per week would be sufficient for that kind of use?

I am also thinking about my parents and in-laws. They are all in their 60s and 70s with various health concerns so I'm guessing they would need 200+ sessions. Based on your experience, do you all think it would be best for them to do it all consecutively day after day or would intermittently work? For instance daily for a month or two, then a break while traveling, then daily for 3 months, something like that.

I'm thinking about it. I'm 41 and I haven't started aging much, but I would like to start using it regularly for anti-aging, do you all think 1-2x per week would be sufficient for that kind of use?

I am also thinking about my parents and in-laws. They are all in their 60s and 70s with various health concerns so I'm guessing they would need 200+ sessions. Based on your experience, do you all think it would be best for them to do it all consecutively day after day or would intermittently work? For instance daily for a month or two, then a break while traveling, then daily for 3 months, something like that.

I think that a little bit of HBOT is probably better than no HBOT. 1-2 times per week may be more of a maintenance dose, tho - you may not get any significant benefits, such as anti-aging effects. I don't know for sure, but that's my sense. From what I've seen on the thread, the positive effects are cumulative and require a pretty decent level of commitment. Consecutively day after day is best theoretically, but I found that taking breaks on weekends was a good pattern to let the body have some time to adjust.

I think this applies to the Q about your parents and in-laws, too. It depends on their individual health condition, contraindications, and if they are actually interested in the therapy. Claustrophobia, deep fatigue in the beginning, and plain old annoyance of having to consistently follow through and add something to the routine are all resistance factors. They may express interest initially, and then end up backing out - that was the case with my Dad. Are they interested?

Are they interested?
My mother in law definitely is, she has varicose veins in her legs and she asked us about it recently and I mentioned this thread.

Seamus, you could do something like 45 sessions consecutively, once a year.
That sounds very reasonable and worth the investment, plus we'd have it for anything that comes up.

@Joe @Lilou please put me down for a 1.5 ata unit.

More about maintanance:
So, I have a Macy Pan 1.5 ATA soft chamber, like the first one the chateau crew got.
With the chamber I got 3 types of spare filters as on the photo below.

IMG_20230522_202518_1.jpg
Black ones in the middle are for the oxygen concentrator. I didn't replace those but instead vacuumed the dust from the old ones.
First from the right, five cylindrical filters are for the air compressor , probably with activated charchoal. They are mentioned in the manual from the supplier, to replace every 6 months. Unscrew the cylindrical housing and replace, easy.

IMG_20230517_172934_1.jpg
Next to that one is another filter (green box) and is sort of pictured to be replaced in the manual too, but I did not receive a spare one. Inside the plastic housing is a plastic looking pipe which is dirty from dust that is unwashable (tried it with a dish detergent).
IMG_20230522_205535_1.jpg
Albeit I have a superior chinese manual I am left wondering two things:
1. Do I have to replace the plastic looking filter pictured in the green box and;
2. What are the two "sweat wristbands" looking filters on first photo for?
Does anybody know or am I destined for a tet-a-tet with Macy Pan support?

@Joe said earlier in the thread that the Chateau wanted to buy another one, so that makes 4 - Chateau, me, @Benjamin & NES. Unless the chateau has already ordered. $1050 less would certainly help. Anyone else interested?

With the shipping at about $1600 on top of that, it's not going to be any cheaper than the standard price it seems. I just referring a forum member to Tommy at oxyrevo. Let me ask what price he has for 4 x 1.5ATA chambers, since in our experience they are better than Macy Pan.

With the shipping at about $1600 on top of that, it's not going to be any cheaper than the standard price it seems. I just referring a forum member to Tommy at oxyrevo. Let me ask what price he has for 4 x 1.5ATA chambers, since in our experience they are better than Macy Pan.
Thanks, Joe. If it's similar pricing, I like their model better with the curved zipper and looks to be better overall quality. And add @Seamus to the list as well. So that'd be 5 - me, chateau, @Benjamin , @NewEngland Seeker, @Seamus

Thanks, Joe. If it's similar pricing, I like their model better with the curved zipper and looks to be better overall quality. And add @Seamus to the list as well. So that'd be 5 - me, chateau, @Benjamin , @NewEngland Seeker, @Seamus

It will actually be at least $600 cheaper (or maybe more) than MacyPan.

@NewEngland Seeker seeker already got his from oxyrevo with a discount because of referral.

I think the best thing to do is for each of you place your own order with Tommy at Oxyrevo. Just to simplify things, those of you who want a discounted HBOT from oxyrevo: @Benjamin @Seamus @Lilou lease PM me and I will provide contact details for Tommy.

Placing individual orders won't change the discount offered. Also, doing it this way means less complication in me placing all the orders. So when I know how many of you actually want to buy one, I will let Tommy know that you will be ordering (using your names and locations) and he will know then to give the discount.

Back
Top Bottom