Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I sent an request for pricing to Macypan and they replied for shipping to Canada with:

That shipping cost is a real killer, so any discount is a good discount. Sign me up tentatively. I'll have to do some financial wizardry to pull it off but I think I can do it.
If 5 people decide to order the 1.5 ata, 10L concentrator, they would reduce price to something like 4650 per unit. So far, it would be you and me wanting one. A lot of people have already ordered and received units. So we can see if there is more interest.

Hi all, We’ve finally got our home camera unit from ZOY , 1,5 ata ! I’ve already had 6 sessions and everything goes great apart from I feel very sleepy around 3 hours after it...But with my husband it went a little more difficult . During his first session his ears were stuffed up so much that they’ve been stuffed up for about a week after and only now it got better but not completely...Did anybody face such problem ? Some advice? Is it possible to continue if ear congestion has not yet completely passed?
I don't know how much my problem is similar to your husband's, but I have a problem with one ear too. This is solved for me by blowing out my ears (Valsalva manoeuvre) at the beginning of the session during the pressure rise. I have already done 103 sessions and 30% of them were with blowing of the ears.
If you have the option to, try holding your nose shut, keeping the mouth closed and blow as hard as you can until you feel your ears relieve the pressure. You are equalizing the internal pressure with the external increasing pressure by doing this. Your ears won’t hurt. As you start to feel the pressure rise and sound start to fade, keep doing it until the chamber is fully pressurized. Yawn and swallow when depressurizing.

This is the same method used when diving. I hope it helps. That ear pressure can be very painful.

Many years ago I had neuralgia of the nerve, which manifested itself as toothache and ear pain. After a couple of aeroplane rides, my right ear got very stiff and there was a slight pain. My doctor said there was no inflammation and that I should put a cotton swab soaked with Levomycetin alcohol in my ear for pain, I could be heated with an infrared lamp, but most importantly I should use a spray of vasoconstrictor drops in my nose and blow into my ears more often. This quickly solved the problem I had been living with for almost a month.

But the problem returned as soon as I started having HBO sessions. In the beginning, when the pressure went up, I just swallowed my saliva and everything was fine. But at the 15th session, something went wrong, my ear got very congested and there was a sharp pain in my head. I tried all the above arsenal of treatment, gradually the pain went away, the ear became tender, and when diving I listen sensitively to my ear and if I feel from the beginning that the pressure is not equalized, I immediately do blowing of the ear, taking off the mask. Sometimes 1 time is enough, sometimes it takes 15.
I recently had a break from HBO for 7 days and going back to sessions was excruciating for my right ear, but blowing (Valsalva maneuver) saves the situation.
I hope this helps you.:-)

I don't know how much my problem is similar to your husband's, but I have a problem with one ear too. This is solved for me by blowing out my ears (Valsalva manoeuvre) at the beginning of the session during the pressure rise. I have already done 103 sessions and 30% of them were with blowing of the ears.

Many years ago I had neuralgia of the nerve, which manifested itself as toothache and ear pain. After a couple of aeroplane rides, my right ear got very stiff and there was a slight pain. My doctor said there was no inflammation and that I should put a cotton swab soaked with Levomycetin alcohol in my ear for pain, I could be heated with an infrared lamp, but most importantly I should use a spray of vasoconstrictor drops in my nose and blow into my ears more often. This quickly solved the problem I had been living with for almost a month.

But the problem returned as soon as I started having HBO sessions. In the beginning, when the pressure went up, I just swallowed my saliva and everything was fine. But at the 15th session, something went wrong, my ear got very congested and there was a sharp pain in my head. I tried all the above arsenal of treatment, gradually the pain went away, the ear became tender, and when diving I listen sensitively to my ear and if I feel from the beginning that the pressure is not equalized, I immediately do blowing of the ear, taking off the mask. Sometimes 1 time is enough, sometimes it takes 15.
I recently had a break from HBO for 7 days and going back to sessions was excruciating for my right ear, but blowing (Valsalva maneuver) saves the situation.
Thank you very very much !!! 🤗 We’ll try it and keep in mind !🙏

Korzik18,
Huge thanks for your experience, quotes and advice! I do not know where i got instruction no to do in camera Valsvalva manouevre. May be that was my main fault. 2 weeks my ears are still stuffed. But in a weird manner, in the morning they are ok. During the day one goes stuffed, after ‘продувание’/valsalva manouevre - gets ok. Then closer to the evening - the other one goes the same🤦‍♂️
i am almost recovered, will continue shortly🙏
But still, i was the first to go and after my experience - @skymargo avoided that trouble😅

Last edited:
In this experiment, they showed that HBOT helps with PTSD. They used a chamber with 2.5 ATA. They also used calcium carbonate crystals in the chamber to minimize CO2 accumulation.

Sometimes, very rarely Valsalva maneuver wont work for me - in those cases i provoke series of really deep yawns with my head tilted back. Sometimes even this doesn’t work but then I ignore the pain for a while and the ears eventually pop.
But this happens very rarely, now I am well past 100 sessions and I think my ears are well trained.
In the beginning it would hurt if I decompress too fast, now I hit the emergency valve and I out of the chamber fast.

¿Se pueden comparar los efectos de la Cámara Hiperbárica o son equivalentes al uso de Suero de Peróxido de Hidrógeno intravenoso? It is easier for me to recive a intravenous serum.... Regards..

If 5 people decide to order the 1.5 ata, 10L concentrator, they would reduce price to something like 4650 per unit. So far, it would be you and me wanting one. A lot of people have already ordered and received units. So we can see if there is more interest.
I got a quote from Sherry at Macy-Pan for ST1700 is $5700+$1500=$7200 and ST801 is $5700+$1200=$6900.
What unit is discounted at 4650?
Do we go directly through Macy-Pan and using a coupon code?

I got a quote from Sherry at Macy-Pan for ST1700 is $5700+$1500=$7200 and ST801 is $5700+$1200=$6900.
What unit is discounted at 4650?

Macypan got back to me and it seems there isn't much of a discount on the 1.5ATA lying chamber with 10L concentrator. This is their price per unit if 5 are ordered:

Ok if you buy 5 units,the price will be 4650$/unit include chamber,10L oxygen concentrator,air cooler and air compressure.
And about the ship cost,you need give me your address,i will check for you.
@Joe said earlier in the thread that the Chateau wanted to buy another one, so that makes 4 - Chateau, me, @Benjamin & NES. Unless the chateau has already ordered. $1050 less would certainly help. Anyone else interested?

According to Stoller's book Lyme bacteria are facultative anaerobe and can tolerate oxygen but only to some degree and below sea level oxygen pressure(160 mmHg). This is why they tend to leave the well oxygenated bloodstream and migrate to less oxygenated areas like bone marrow and joints where they are more difficult to reach, even for HBOT. In the bone marrow the partial oxygen pressure has dropped to 50 mmHg. Lyme bacteria can easily survive there.

Another problem is that Lyme bacteria can build latent or dormant persister organisms which are metabolically almost inert and cannot be killed easily. They can wake up when they sense a safe environment. When persister organisms are present, both HBOT and antibiotics face the same problem - biofilm.
At high enough pressures*, however, oxygen can penetrate biofilm and destroy bacteria.

As an alternative to HBOT there is one medicament that Stoller is favouring: nitazoxanide, known under the trade name Alinia. According to him it can be used as a standalone treatment with very good results.

Summary

- Stoller is still in favour of HBOT as treatment for Lyme disease, provided that the necessary pressure level can be achieved.
- Nitazoxanide is a very good alternative but may need some guidance. Normal adult dose: 500 mg twice a day.

* This is certainly the reason why some HBOT clinics are using elevated pressure levels of 2.0 - 2.4 ata for Lyme disease.
This is rather worrying with my Lyme Disease!The last thing we need is for the spirochetes to make cysts which then they multiply exponentially. Pesky little critters and one of the most intelligent on the planet! Ideal bioweapons as we know.

Luckily I can eat all types of pork and it is my main staple actually. But have myriad of sensitivities. Fingers crossed a deposit has been finally paid on mum's land we were trying to sell. This means I can hopefully finally get to UK, as well as see Dr. Klinghardt, for the full autonomic response tests, then the resulting Lyme and coinfection protocols and all else they assess.
These waiting years I have done my best to keep the Lyme under as much control as I can.

I am intending to get an HBOT but due to the aboe info would be grateful for advice, plus I have got claustrophobia/panic attacks in the past, Lyme especially heightens startle reflexes and zippers or lifts, evne crowds have been a trigger, especially in the summer heat here.

Depending on what you recommend I will definitely get an HBOT as well as the NeurOptimal machine, if people are still seeing results with that too.(I need to recap that thread).

I bought my tickets yesterday so am coming to UK for the month of August. Thus both can be sent to a UK address and I will ship them back to North Cyprus via road cargo myself. As I can also help others here with both machines.
Hopefully this will help make up the discount.

I am intending to get an HBOT but due to the aboe info would be grateful for advice, plus I have got claustrophobia/panic attacks in the past,

So far I have no reliable information whether soft chambers with 1,5 ata can ultimately cure Lyme disease or if they will only alleviate the problem. The HBOT centers tend to use 2.0 - 2.4 ata. The reasons are mentioned in my above post that you quoted.

My proposal for you is as follows:

Go Turkey first and test the chambers!

- Turkey has HBOT centers. Most of them should be capable of 2.0 ata and above. On the cost I have no information. Get a consultation on their experience with Lyme.
- In the low seasons hotels are offering long term stays at low prices such as € 500 per month.
- Please be prepared that any HBOT treatment, no matter what the pressure, can trigger a die-off reaction in the body, also known as Herxheimer reaction. You may want to spend long time on the sofa then.

If it should turn out that 1.5 ata should be sufficient for a cure you can still buy a chamber. It will be difficult to find this out for certain. Chambers for claustrophobic people are offered by Zoy-Tech, Flexpert and others. I mentioned some in my earlier posts.

Alternatively there is another option: Stoller's favourite medicament nitaxocanide.

According to Wikipedia it is available under several brand names: Nitazoxanide is sold under the brand names Adonid, Alinia, Allpar, Annita, Celectan, Colufase, Daxon, Dexidex, Diatazox, Kidonax, Mitafar, Nanazoxid, Parazoxanide, Netazox, Niazid, Nitamax, Nitax, Nitaxide, Nitaz, Nizonide, NT-TOX, Pacovanton, Paramix, Toza, and Zox.

It can be very expensive but not necessarily. An Egyptian source for example is offering 500 mg for 63 EGP, approx. 2€.

But have myriad of sensitivities.

This calls for a soft approach.

Our immune systems are quite aggressive, even on sunny days. When you start your Lyme treatment it would be good to add some binding and cleansing agents to your diet, such as charcoal, bentonite clay, magnesium citrate. These will help removing the toxic bacterial load from your intestines without angering the immune system any more than necessary.

In case of HBOT you may need breaks between the sessions.

If you should decide for Nitazoxanide you may need to start with a smaller dose than 500 mg, depending on your personal tolerance.

Thanks broken.english for your replies. I will only take the holistic remedies that Dr. K uses on his protocols. None of which are chemical/pharma thankfully and very effective. Chronic Lyme which I have had for many years will take 2 years approximately.
Having lived here for nearly 2o years now I happen to know that in all that time nobody has found an holistic Lyme doctor in Turkey, they all follow big pharma which makes things far worse and is only useful for early stage lyme.
I know that Dr. K does use oxygen, and nicotine patches too for quite a few cures, which he says mainstream doctors have a hard time accepting lol. But also my dad also said I would benefit and of course the C's said we would definitely need oxygen and vitamin C in the very near future too.
So for all those reasons and for others that will benefit here (where there are no HBOT treatments that I have found), I think I will still go for the main model that most people on the forum are using. Which also offers saving benefits too as a group purchase.

Plus I have a psychology lecturer friend and practitioner here who I have seen before who does hypnotherapy. So I feel this has brought up a need for me to best get my claustrophobia and issues sorted asap. Especially as 'we ain't seen nothing yet' regarding what we may have to contend with in the near future.

Once I am on the treatment regime I have been dreaming of affording, then I also feel that they may become symptoms of the past as having been Lyme related. I pray.

I feel it has truly helped me think deeply and assess what is important, what I can maybe alleviate myself, as well as how I may extend this benefit to others who also may contribute towards the total costs to have one here.

One last question I have is because these bed/tents are portable. Would they stand up to many people using them every day over an extended period. And is there anything that may need to be replaced or serviced? As there would be no agent or trained person to do this here.

Again many thanks for the thought provoking replies.

Back
Top Bottom