Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

@Joe , It doesn't seem like we'll get 5 people wanting the 1.5 ATA/10L concentrator to get the lowest price. If you can ask what the price is for just one with the group discount, I'm ready to order anytime. Maybe if it is a few units being ordered, but not necessarily all the same model, they'll cut a bit more of a break? Thanks again for being the intermediary on this.

Yes, I remember that one, but the reference to "over 100mg to nuke bugs" is maybe a mental note I made in my mind, I don't know, even though I could swear the Cs or Laura and crew said that. Thanks seek10.

If you have a condition requiring it, higher doses are possibly indicated. But we've learned from experiences to be careful.

After a period of doing higher doses, I have now reduced it to a good basic dose on an ongoing basis. The body needs time to do stuff and I don't think it is useful to push too hard.

100 mg per 20 cigaretts….sounds a lot. What kind of tobacco is that? American Spirit label says 1-2 mg per cigarett, referring I think to how much a smoker inhales/absorbs even though the cigarett may contain 10-20 mg. But I never thought about it to be honest.
For me it is American Spirit organic tobacco and nicotine content varies in nicotine by brand and within brand types.

It is easy to remember parts of a session but the details can blur together sometimes. 100 mg of nicotine is about 1 pack a day or 20 cigarettes.
It looks like the above 100 mg per pack is not correct. Sorry for the confusion. Back in 2016 or thereabouts I found one source with some average nicotine content for different brands.

How does the nicotine content in electronic cigarettes compare to regular cigarettes?

Author: ProSmoke Electronic Cigarettes Views: 1384540 Created: 04/08/2016 12:22 pm100% Rating / 1 Voters
ico-rating-y.gif
ico-rating-y.gif
ico-rating-y.gif
ico-rating-y.gif
ico-rating-y.gif
ProSmoke electronic cigarettes are available with cartridges with differing amounts of nicotine. When first starting on electronic cigarettes, many users wonder what level of nicotine they should opt for with their cartridges. The answer to that question varies depending on how much you currently smoke tobacco cigarettes. Also, it should be noted that electronic cigarettes cartridges are designed to last the equivalent of multiple cigarettes and are not meant to be smoked completely in one sitting.

Nicotine content of a tobacco cigarette​

Traditional tobacco cigarettes have varying nicotine contents depending on the brand. Nicotine contents of tobacco cigarettes have trended down over the past 30 years from an average of 1.35 mg per cigarette in 1968 to an average of 0.90 mg per cigarette in 1994. Per brand breakdowns are as follows and are based on a study done by the United States Federal Trade Commission on1206 varieties of domestic cigarettes between the years 1994 and 1997:
  • Lucky Strike Regular 1.6 mg per cigarette
  • Marlboro Red 1.2 mg per cigarette
  • Marlboro Light 0.8 mg per cigarette
  • Newport Regular 1.2 mg per cigarette
  • Newport Light 0.7 mg per cigarette
  • Camel Regular 1.4 mg per cigarette
  • Camel Light 0.9 mg per cigarette
  • Camel Wide 1.2 mg per cigarette
  • Capri Super Slim 0.8 mg per cigarette
  • Chesterfield Full Flavor 1.5 mg per cigarette
  • Parliament Light 0.7 mg per cigarette
  • Salem Regular 1.2 mg per cigarette
  • Salem Light 0.9 mg per cigarette
  • Basic Regular 1.0 mg per cigarette
  • Basic Light 0.7 mg per cigarette
  • Kool Regular 1.1 mg per cigarette
  • Pall Maul Regular 1.7 mg per cigarette
  • Virginia Slims 1.1 mg per cigarette
  • Winston Regular 1.2 mg per cigarette
As you can see, electronic cigarette cartridges contain much higher amounts of nicotine because they are not meant to be smoked completely in one sitting. Which nicotine level you choose depends on your personal preference and how you foresee smoking the eCigarette.

So it does sound like 100 mg is a lot of nicotine and most do not probably get that much in one day.

If you have a condition requiring it, higher doses are possibly indicated. But we've learned from experiences to be careful.

After a period of doing higher doses, I have now reduced it to a good basic dose on an ongoing basis. The body needs time to do stuff and I don't think it is useful to push too hard.
Yes, it does need time, frustrating but true. What has been driving me to go nuke mode is pain and desperation, but the better I get the less inclined I am to go for that option because it is so hard and the chance of getting better is rather low.

It looks like the above 100 mg per pack is not correct. Sorry for the confusion. Back in 2016 or thereabouts I found one source with some average nicotine content for different brands.
Natural tobacco leaves contain roughly about 0.8-2% of nicotine which is reduced by curing, fermentation and industrial processing. 20 cigarettes are about 13 gr tobacco. At 1% nicotine this would be a total of 130 mg of nicotine content.

What can be inhaled and absorbed is much less. The measurements are taken by an artificial lung following a certain protocol. I think they take 10 draws of x seconds. During smoking most of the nicotine is simply burned. Also most of the smoke inhaled will be exhaled again. This may ultimately lead to the official nicotine value of +/- 1 mg per cigarette.

In other words: Relax and breathe inhale normally!

What kinds of veggies? Maybe keto is not ideal for you? Maybe you need to add white rice or some other good carb? I certainly had to. Keto did not make me feel good.
I had to start from scratch 2 years ago, one thing at a time, took months. Now I can eat boiled cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, occasionally a little white rice, carrots, apples, sometimes piece of a banana, oat porridge (always been fine with that), sunflower seeds (roasted), chicken, fish, and eggs.

It is difficult to understand what the body reacts to, sometimes I just have bad days, could be stress or any other thing. Some foods take 5 to 10 times before it works.

What surprised me is that I react strongly to pork, it is not the fat. I used to love and feel good from any kind of porcine meat. Read somewhere that there might be a connection between Lyme and problems with eating porcine meat, regardless I'll skip that for a few months and try again later.

It is not that I decided for a special kind of diet I just never done well with (too much) carbs in general. According to recent food intolerance tests I have only problem with some nuts, but I let the body decide.

What kind of and how much carbs do you eat? I don't remember exactly but didn't you have "insulin issues"?

Yes, I have insulin issues but rice, properly rinsed before cooking, doesn't seem to bother me. I can also eat potatoes. Because of my protein folding mutation, it appears that I need a certain amount of carbs to function. At a few points, I reduced my intake to nothing but meat and rice. That felt pretty good. Then, I expanded out and little by little, found a few things I could tolerate. The biggest step forward was when I finally gave up butter entirely. It seems that no matter how pure it is, there are still some milk proteins in there and I just can't tolerate that. I also eliminated eggs and nuts entirely.

I eat a few veggies now and then, but not much. Mostly just meat and rice, or meat and potatoes.

Just saw this today:

KEN STOLLER, MD, UNWINDS VACCINES AND DISCUSSES HYPERBARIC THERAPY​

He is also one of the foremost international experts on Lyme Disease.​

@Joe , It doesn't seem like we'll get 5 people wanting the 1.5 ATA/10L concentrator to get the lowest price. If you can ask what the price is for just one with the group discount, I'm ready to order anytime. Maybe if it is a few units being ordered, but not necessarily all the same model, they'll cut a bit more of a break? Thanks again for being the intermediary on this.
Hi Lilou, yeah not enough people. If you still want one, I recommend oxyrevo. Another member may also buy from them, so if you tell the guy there (Tommy) that I referred you, he'll likely give you a decent discount. Email tommy@oxyrevo.com.

I got a new product catalogue from Flexpert(attached). It is the Chinese version but measurements are easy to see. There are two things that I found interesting:

1. Several chambers are suitable for claustrophobic people like me.

2. There is a 2.0 ata soft chamber.

The price is roughly USD 15000, freight not included. In comparison the only 2.0 ata alternative from AHA, Austria, is above 60000 USD.
The zipper is protected by additional buckles that should be closed when using the chamber. This can be done from the inside. There is a video that shows that the chamber can be operated by one person.
Contact person is Mandy Wen (wen@flexpert.com.cn).

Attachments

• Flexpert catalogue 2023.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom