Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

So I feel this has brought up a need for me to best get my claustrophobia and issues sorted asap.
I wish you good luck with that.

As for the chamber model, if you want to share it with others, please consider that some people may not overcome their claustrophobia easily. A more spacious model would be a safer choice.

Some models, like the vertical cylinders(Flexpert catalogue) can also accommodate two people. It might be worthwhile a thought.

not really
I have a Longfian concentrator. While the vendor didn't bother to put a maintenance manual online, a local reseller made its own which says that you can wash the filter with a detergent. The filter must be completely dry before its installation into the concentrator.

I made photos of filter location (white cylinder with a cup) and its construction. As you see there is a dirty patch on the filter after 26 hours of operation. The construction of the filter allows to rotate it around the holder and there are 3 windows inside the holder for air movement. So, if you need a quick fix, you can move the dirty part between those windows. Though it's better to replace it with a clean one.

Attachments

• photo_2023-05-17_16-09-58.jpg
    photo_2023-05-17_16-09-58.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_2023-05-17_16-10-17.jpg
    photo_2023-05-17_16-10-17.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_2023-05-17_16-10-21.jpg
    photo_2023-05-17_16-10-21.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Yes, just have to check the manual, I was not well at the time and not present. I still have to buy more since I plan to use it for a long time.
If I am not mistaken oxygen concentrator has a life span of 20,000 something hours. Still long way to go but I am wondering is there any way to know if the concentrator is actually producing quality oxygen or not ? Perhaps more technical forumites will know.

If I am not mistaken oxygen concentrator has a life span of 20,000 something hours. Still long way to go but I am wondering is there any way to know if the concentrator is actually producing quality oxygen or not ? Perhaps more technical forumites will know.

Here is a cheap test to know if the concentrator delivers O2:

Ditto. I've got copd and I find that smoking helps significantly to expel the mucus and phlegm that builds up overnight I also use two different types or kinds of inhalers, spiriva respimat, two puffs once in the morning, and salbutamol sulfate, no more than three times daily.
The standard dose of NAC is 600mg twice per day. This is what people with moderate to severe COPD take permanently along their usual COPD medication.
A bit off topic, but something that's bothered me and came to mind after posting this article in the Covid thread:

Dr. Richard Bartlett: BUDESONIDE is a very effective early treatment against COVID-19

My mother passed away in 2015 at age 88 and had been diagnosed and treated for COPD. I actually wrote a whole thing about her and my dad's passing that I was going to post in the Swamp, but failed to paste before copying something else and lost the whole thing. Nevertheless, key point was what causes COPD? Her death certificate erroneously and purposely/fraudulently indicated smoking except my mother never smoked! Well, that's how narrative affirming health statistics are generated. She was using a couple of inhalers, but I believe she mostly just sprayed her tongue rather than getting it into her lungs. She also didn't want to use her oxygen tank even at night much less during the day. Of course, HBOT wasn't then and I guess not even now a recommended treatment for COPD. I know so much more now than I knew then although my increased knowledge from alternative internet sources did result in my deleting unnecessary drugs from her regimen. She was definitely quite overweight and had mental impairment including paranoia in the past. I'm positive she didn't have Alzheimer's but age-related dementia.

Google provides these risk factors for COPD:
  • Exposure to tobacco smoke. The most significant risk factor for COPD is long-term cigarette smoking. ...
  • People with asthma. ...
  • Occupational exposure to dusts and chemicals. ...
  • Exposure to fumes from burning fuel. ...
  • Genetics.
None of those apply to my mom save maybe genetics, but I doubt that. My parents were together from their teens until my dad passed in 2003, so exposed to the same environmental conditions except my dad was a mailman that delivered mail in downtown Charleston, WV, which could have had more city pollution exposure. However, we all lived in the chemical capital of Charleston most of our lives and the direct suburb not far from Union Carbide chemical plants - Kanawha (Cancer) Valley - home to Dupont, Union Carbide, and Monsanto. My extended family still lives there and I don't believe any developed COPD although cancer has taken a few. Kidney cancer took my dad.

Perhaps it will remain a mystery how she developed COPD if she even actually had it. She had significant shortness of breath, but the excessive weight could have explained that. Of course, get a disease diagnosis to ensure lots of prescription drugs for the rest of your shortened life!

As you can probably ascertain, their illness and death still causes me grief and guilt that I didn't do enough or was unable to. Comes with the territory of being alive and love for your family, but at least, we're finding ways to achieve better health for ourselves and loved ones through this forum and communication with the Cs. A true blessing.

I sincerely hope @NewEngland Seeker can beat his cancer with the recommendations from the Cs. My husband and myself have had melanoma pigments removed and remain at risk along with our children and husband's family. He lost a cousin to it. My son and his family do lots of skiing in Colorado where they live and I doubt they ever leave the house without loads of sunscreen. I worry that this will prove counter productive due to blocking of sunlight and D3 benefits. Don't know if they supplement, but DIL has an emergency room doctor brother, so any health advice from me is moot. Grandson has asthma, but don't implicate vaccines.

I was surprised that melanoma can occur in places other than the skin. I watch vet shows on Animal Planet and a dog had melanoma in its mouth! How does that happen? Well, our toxic food, water, air, etc. no doubt plus vaccines I suppose. The C word continues to be the dark harbinger.

OK - back to our regularly scheduled interaction! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom