Toxic Heavy Metals Urine Test - Micro Trace Minerals

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Hi all, decided I would create a separate topic here for this because it might be missed on the iodine topic. We can also post our test results here.

So the Micro trace minerals people have offered a 15% discount for group tests. They haven't responded on individual discounts, but I think it might be worth it for individuals to ask anyway. Probably the best thing to do is email Yvette Busch (the director) directly at ybusch@microtrace.de and tell her you were referred by me, Joe Quinn, and ask if a discount is possible.

She'll send you a patient form by email and a kit in the mail (test tube and the same patient form in hard copy).

There are three tests. A baseline one that costs 83 euros, one for EDTA chelation and one for DMSA. Both cost 116 euros.

As you will read on the form, DMSA or EDTA chelation can be done just once (with a fairly high dose of 30mgs per KG of body weight) and the urine collected for the next 4 hours. From that you send a sample in the test tube (write your name on test tube) along with the filled-in form. At some point thereafter you should send payment.

Thanks Joe!

I would e-mail her, but I'm not so sure how practical it would be since I'm in the states, even if she does accept over seas patients. :( But at least I know there are places who do offer these test so I'm just going to do a little searching and hopefully find a place near me.

Hi Sollie, if you can find something equivalent in the US then that's great. If not though, the micro trace mins people have no problem sending a kit to anywhere in the world.

Thank you Joe for your effort to organize this.

Joe said:
As you will read on the form, DMSA or EDTA chelation can be done just once (with a fairly high dose of 30mgs per KG of body weight) and the urine collected for the next 4 hours. From that you send a sample in the test tube (write your name on test tube) along with the filled-in form. At some point thereafter you should send payment.

For my body weight I would need to take 2760mg of DMSA, which is about 28 capsules of 100 mg. This is slightly scary.
Are there there any potential side effects?

Z said:
Thank you Joe for your effort to organize this.

Joe said:

For my body weight I would need to take 2760mg of DMSA, which is about 28 capsules of 100 mg. This is slightly scary.
Are there there any potential side effects?

Nothing serious. Although as I mentioned on the iodine thread, you can probably still get a good idea of what your levels are if you reduce that amount significantly. For you I would take 1gram for example. Then collect your urine for the next 3 hours, fill the tube with that, and send it off. Easy peasy!

Thanks :) that definitely sounds less scary, I am a bit cautious since I have hit the bottom on iodine protocol but I will write about that on iodine thread not to clutter this one.

For those in the states, I found this lab in Illinois that does heavy metal testing for $129.95, postage paid and they include the DMSA you need to take as well. http://www.dmsachelation.com/urine-test-for-heavy-metals/

The results look similar to Joe's test results. They test for 20 different metals. Seems like a pretty decent deal.

[quote author= link=topic=40814.msg630765#msg630765 date=1454621699]
For those in the states, I found this lab in New York that does heavy metal testing for $129.95, postage paid and they include the DMSA you need to take as well. http://www.dmsachelation.com/urine-test-for-heavy-metals/

The results look similar to Joe's test results. They test for 20 different metals. Seems like a pretty decent deal.
[/quote]

:D Thank you Lilou!

I just modified the post, the lab is Doctor's Data in St Charles, Illinois, a suburb west of Chicago. And your welcome, Solie. :)

added: Doctor's Data also processes the urine toxic metals test for The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc., of Lenexa, Kansas. Urine toxic metal testing is also performed in the United States by Genova Diagnostics (Asheville, North Carolina) and Metametrix Clinical Laboratory (Duluth, Georgia), which Genova purchased in 2012.

Good find Lilou. That'll make it easier for US folks.

Thanks as well for the link to the lab here in the U.S. Curious what my test results would be, especially for Mercury. Still have most all of my amalgam fillings. I haven't started the iodine protocol or read much yet of the thread (the word, overwhelmed comes to mind). Anyway, are others using a similar test as this before starting the protocol?

Hi Cleo. I was just looking more into the provoked Heavy Metal test. The lab I listed above also does an unprovoked test for reference. What that means is they will test the urine before DMSA and then again after DMSA. It will give an idea of how much heavy metals a person has stored in the body and how much is circulating. Each person is different, so there is no "one size fits all" approach.

Before undertaking any detox protocol, it is best to do a bunch of research on the subject, as it can be dangerous. It is not something to do without proper knowledge and understanding. I have just started listening to this podcast on the subject, which will hopefully point out any pitfalls. http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2015/03/the-crucial-dos-and-donts-of-heavy-metal-testing-and-metal-detoxification/

I would think the most urgent matter would be to have your amalgams removed and stop the exposure to mercury. How many do you have left?

Lilou said:
I would think the most urgent matter would be to have your amalgams removed and stop the exposure to mercury. How many do you have left?

Hi Lilou, I pretty much have all original fillings which amounts to 12 I believe. The one I no longer have is because I had the tooth it was in pulled a few years ago. I had a consultation last year with a holistic dentist to find out more about getting the amalgams removed and they quoted a hefty price.

One way to try and go about it would be to have a couple or a few removed a year, but that would take several years for all.

So yeah it's been a stumbling block, figuring out what to do about it..

Anyway, I appreciate the info and plan to check out the podcast here soon :)

Hi Cleo, maybe you could find a "normal" dentist that would do it more cheaply and over a few visits in a short period of time? I mentioned on the iodine thread that the idea would be to tell the dentist why you are doing it, and ask him/her to drill as little as possible to avoid creating mercury 'dust'. Any large particles that you happen to ingest are not so much of a problem. Just be sure to take chlorella for a couple of days after each visit.

My regular dentist removed mine (I had 6 or 7, can't remember now, as it's been 27 years ago!). He used a rubber dam and continuous air suction. The only other thing the bio-dentist does is have the patient wear an oxygen mask. I read if oxygen is not available, you can simply put a wet paper towel over your face to cover the nose & eyes.

At a regular dentist, having amalgam replaced with white resin should cost about $100 per tooth. You may want to search the web for recommended before and after protocols to help move any ingested mercury out, there are quite a few.

Back
Top Bottom