Dear Laura, whats going on?

Re: Next C'ssession

Menna said:
Laura must be busy
This post would seem out of character maybe Menna can explain what was meant? I hope Laura would brush this off and wouldn't be hurt by the comment as it does lack external consideration. I would think lots of members here wonder when the next session would be but it doesn't take a genius to work out that Laura and the crew have a massive workload so why ask??

IronFloyd said:
Faced with posts and topics disrespectful and trolls like this, and considering the great and painstaking work of Laura and the team, sometimes, I think how good would be that there were no more transcripts. There are lot of interesting information exists in the past sessions, but some people want things through the easy way, and "Right Here, Right Now".

It may be a symptom of our 'instant gratification' society but I wouldn't go as far as describing Menna as a troll. I think for Menna to approuch the given comments correctly is to percieve it as a lesson in external consideration, that's all :)

loreta said:
I agree with all of you that reading all the sessions is very important and re-reading them and reading the books of Laura and on the list of books. But I don't see this sentence : "Laura must be busy" something insulting. It is a sentence that says a fact, Laura is very busy and because she is busy there is no session. Why this sentence is insulting ?

We are many who wait a new session, we keep quiet. But if someone says something for the next session it is not good. Why? We are in a forum, we feel in family, why is it bad to say Laura is busy, that's why we don't have a new session. It doesn't mean that the person who says this does not work, or read other sessions. We are all waiting a new session to clarify what is happening now in this moment in this planet, maybe. We keep quiet, Menna is not the only one waiting for a new session; but what I don't understand is why if someone is asking for a new session this is not a good question, this is bad. Or why someone saying "Laura must be busy" is insulting. Is it because I don't understand English 100% ? Is it because of the "must" ?

I undertand your point, but when I first read Menna's post I had the impresion and I see many people had it too, that it was a demanding question, because if you know the answer "Laura must be busy", why would you start a new thread? If nobody asked why there aren't new sessions, why would you write about it saying that Laura must be busy. I Read it like "hey, last session is from December and I know Laura must be busy but when are we going to have a new one?", because it doesn't sound good asking directly why there aren't new sessions when Laura doesn't have the obligation to do or load new ones.

[Quote author= Loreta] Or why someone saying "Laura must be busy" is insulting. Is it because I don't understand English 100% ? Is it because of the "must" ?[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with the "must" :)

Sorry Menna if I misunderstand you.

Renaissance said:
I agree that Menna's statement is insulting and demanding. It's also entitled and ironically, a sign of our times.
I also agree. Menna, why did you feel it was appropriate to begin a topic, and then not elaborate in any way? I sense an almost a passive-aggressive tone to the off-hand casual comment about Laura being busy. Coming from a longer-term member, it strikes me as utterly bizarre.

Aragorn said:
Hmmm...I don't think it's quite externally considerate to open a new thread to throw a one liner like that, putting pressure on Laura by asking for a new session.
Seeing Menna's posts in the past, I have often thought many were severely lacking in external consideration. It seems like not much effort has been applied to making any of his posts readable nor understandable for others, especially for those non-native English speakers on the forum. When coupled with the above comment about Laura, it suggests to me that there is little consideration for/understanding of the amount of time, effort, and energy that goes into running this forum, SOTT, and all things that come with that.

Keyhole said:
Renaissance said:
I agree that Menna's statement is insulting and demanding. It's also entitled and ironically, a sign of our times.
I also agree. Menna, why did you feel it was appropriate to begin a topic, and then not elaborate in any way? I sense an almost a passive-aggressive tone to the off-hand casual comment about Laura being busy. Coming from a longer-term member, it strikes me as utterly bizarre.

I also agree that his statement has a passive-aggressive and demanding tone. So, what's up Menna?

Laura said:
seeker2seer said:
Does anyone know the status of the crystal connection on SOTT Radio network? Is it active and only open to FOTCM members? I applied but have not yet been accepted. Besides the daily readings and signing, should non members be doing anything else with the crystals? Is there a thread where we can discuss our experiences since we received our crystals?

Be patient. We'll announce it as soon as things calm down around here just a bit. Been busy dealing with reiki attunements, research, some crystal selecting, etc.

Menna, maybe you missed this.

I was thinking about Laura's work/books and sessions the other day. Specifically, that I think we are just lucky to have what we have and consider what is available as a great gift from a person and other associated people surrounding her work that have no obligation to continue what they have done.

My suggestion would be to read something about Gurdjieff's efforts to help others and form his institutes. Try to put yourself in his place (and thus Laura et al) and realize how much effort and responsibility it takes to attempt such things. I've been reading 'Warrior's Way' by Robert de Ropp and this hit home for some reason.

Another thing to examine is instead of asking (or hinting in a backhand way) when another session is going to happen, ask what I can do to help. That seems to me what would be the considerate thing to do for the people here that continuously give.

loreta said:
We are all waiting a new session to clarify what is happening now in this moment in this planet, maybe.

What questions would you like answered? Maybe people who have questions for the Cs about the state of the world can start a new thread and post them there and forum members can then try and answer them by using the wealth of information that has already been transmitted combined with the information that we collect every day on Sott.net and this forum. I'd say that with those sources combined, there would be very few questions we could not answer with a decent degree of accuracy.

This might also be a very useful way of coming up with good questions for the Cs that really can't be answered by ourselves.

Joe said:
loreta said:
We are all waiting a new session to clarify what is happening now in this moment in this planet, maybe.

What questions would you like answered? Maybe people who have questions for the Cs about the state of the world can start a new thread and post them there and forum members can then try and answer them by using the wealth of information that has already been transmitted combined with the information that we collect every day on Sott.net and this forum. I'd say that with those sources combined, there would be very few questions we could not answer with a decent degree of accuracy.

This might also be a very useful way of coming up with good questions for the Cs that really can't be answered by ourselves.

I'd like to add that relying on sessions to clarify what's happening now could be problematic and even bad for exercising the 'thinking' so far I don't see the need for really important questions right now because as I read sott and other most trusted media combining them with what we already know you can have most of the answers.

Yes I know that the Cs guide us in some very important manners and sessions are very interesting/informative, everybody gets excited when one comes out but if there is no time or they are busy at the chateau there is no reason to ask for sessions mostly because of external consideration, second because there are a lot of sessions already to meditate on and more than that people there (at the chateau) are working on what they/we already learned from the sessions of the last 20 years. So this is good to practice 'how to think' and to be patient and I say this for myself included.

Edit: corrections

irjO said:
Joe said:
loreta said:

I'd like to add that relying on sessions to clarify what's happening now could be problematic and even bad for exercising the 'thinking' so far I don't see the need for really important questions right now because as I read sott and other most trusted media combining them with what we already know you can have most of the answers.

Yes I know that the Cs guide us in some very important manners and sessions are very interesting/informative, everybody gets excited when one comes out but if there is no time or they are busy at the chateau there is no reason to ask for sessions mostly because of external consideration, second because there are a lot of sessions already to meditate on and more than that people there (at the chateau) are working on what they/we already learned from the sessions of the last 20 years. So this is good to practice 'how to think' and to be patient and I say this for myself included.

Edit: corrections

I think a session is a very special moment, a moment full of possible insights and also a moment that makes us feel a group, in connection. We exchange ideas, we think about these ideas, etc. Some of us are patient, we understand that you are busy with many activities in action. Others maybe are not aware of this. Personally I am sure that Laura, when in session, will ask the good questions about the mondial situation, about Putin. I was not talking about some specific questions, just about that when we read a session and participate or read what others say about the session it helps to open our mind and give ideas about our present and maybe answer some questions about what is happening in this planet and in us.

Some people are more impatient then others, they need to work this part of themselves, but what I see here in this thread is a little aggresivity against Menna and I am not defending Menna, I think he is capable to do it himself. We ask patience, but what to be patient with others also? Someone is asking, is not a drama, is not the end of the world. He is not aware that Laura is busy, maybe. Be patient with this person. Just that. :)

I don't think Menna was being insulting or particularly demanding. It is true that I've been working on various things and we've had a lot of people coming and going and reiki attunements going on and so forth. I'm kinda focusing on getting the last of the crystals out and the attunements done so we can get our Crystal Network up and running. That will be a once or twice a week thing, so I can then get back to other projects too.

So I understand that some folks get a little worried when I'm too quiet. But believe me, I check the forum every day and am pretty happy when I see ya'll working things out, making connections, helping newbies and so forth. That's the way it's supposed to be.

So don't be too hard on Menna - he may just have been worried.

I'm glad you've said that Laura because I was starting to go nuts thinking how Menna's statement was viewed as demanding or insulting by others. Imo it is lacking external consideration to ask someone when their next free work will be provided so that's something he should definitely work on but then I started to imagine how he must feel with some accusing him of being demanding, insulting or passive aggressive without even knowing what provoked him to do this. To me it felt like some were being overprotective or almost attacking him. I just felt it was a counter productive way to respond to his obvious lack of external consideration. That's just me tho and maybe there's something I'm missing. It wouldn't be the first time.

Pete said:
I'm glad you've said that Laura because I was starting to go nuts thinking how Menna's statement was viewed as demanding or insulting by others. Imo it is lacking external consideration to ask someone when their next free work will be provided so that's something he should definitely work on but then I started to imagine how he must feel with some accusing him of being demanding, insulting or passive aggressive without even knowing what provoked him to do this. To me it felt like some were being overprotective or almost attacking him. I just felt it was a counter productive way to respond to his obvious lack of external consideration. That's just me tho and maybe there's something I'm missing. It wouldn't be the first time.

In a case like this, simply asking a question and waiting for an answer is the best policy. All the assumptions appear to me to be little more than projections. Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.

Ya'll keep in mind that crystal selection involves the Cs, so it's not like we aren't in contact, it is just for a different purpose!!!

Laura said:
Pete said:

In a case like this, simply asking a question and waiting for an answer is the best policy. All the assumptions appear to me to be little more than projections. Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.

Ya'll keep in mind that crystal selection involves the Cs, so it's not like we aren't in contact, it is just for a different purpose!!!

Very good point indeed!

Considerin' me-self, i feel a kinda relaxed considering new session, so ever more that it seems that unexpected sessions - out of blue - are better than "expected". So maybe not FOCUSING on that issue could help clearer transmission - so to say.

:rockon:

Nienna said:
Aragorn said:
Hmmm...I don't think it's quite externally considerate to open a new thread to throw a one liner like that, putting pressure on Laura by asking for a new session. I'm sure a new session will be arranged when it's suitable for those involved, and when there's a need.

To me, Menna isn't asking, but is passive aggressively demanding a new session.

Menna said:
Laura must be busy

Yes, for anyone who has kept up with the forum on a regular basis, it's fairly obvious that Laura is busy. And, that's an understatement.

Well, to me he's just stating the obvious and yes it is an understatement! Not many people are that busy in the world.

Back
Top Bottom