Dear Laura, whats going on?

Pete said:
I'm glad you've said that Laura because I was starting to go nuts thinking how Menna's statement was viewed as demanding or insulting by others.

FWIW I didn't view his post as particularly insulting or demanding either. I agree with Laura that it's best first to ask questions, and then based on the answer, draw conclusions about the poster's intention :)

Yeah, a sincere and simple question about Menna's intentions would have been a better route. Apologies, Menna!

I see a lot of entitlement at work, pretty constantly actually, and I may have been influenced by that among getting too caught up with ordinary life. In any case, Laura's post provided a good opportunity to to step back a bit and look where I'm at.

Laura said:
In a case like this, simply asking a question and waiting for an answer is the best policy. All the assumptions appear to me to be little more than projections. Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.

Ya'll keep in mind that crystal selection involves the Cs, so it's not like we aren't in contact, it is just for a different purpose!!!

Laura's answer made me laugh out loud a couple of times because it appeared to me like the perfect answer to my own unwanted negativity about the subject. A very great thanks for that, the irony was liberating. Hopefully the story did clear up some useful informations about the chateau activity, thanks Menna, thanks Laura.

My apologies as well, Menna. I should have asked for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

An apology is in store from me as well, Menna. I'm sorry for jumping to that conclusion and making assumptions without asking for clarification first. My comment about your writing style was also pretty mean, so I apologise for that as well.

Menna, I, too, would like to apologize for coming on in such a harsh way. And, now, I will do what I should have done to start with.

You usually are very polite and don't post short, cryptic posts; is there something bothering you, or are you worried about something? Would you like to elaborate a bit about your post?

I didn't think Menna was being harsh, perhaps a but abrupt is all. I have enjoyed reading his posts, and that was a tad unlike his usual posts so I hope all is well there. I know Laura and guys at the Chateau are busy on many fronts. Thinking of you all over there, thank you for your tireless efforts :love:

For me it was more about how it might come across. That's the possible lesson I saw. Whetever it was meant negative or positive I don't know. I hope that my comment did not come across judgemental (If it did I apologize) because I didn't saw any crime in what menna did.

And to emphasize and add of what has already been shared here. It helps to not assume/suggest the absolute worst in others. Why not ask for more details first.

The C's spoke about ''Tribal Unit Strength'' (Or something alike) that isn't yet sufficient enough. Assuming the absolute worst in people is not helping that.''Tribal Unit Strength'' to me sounds like a group of people who sincerely look out for each other and who together work towards a common Aim.

Assuming the absolute worst on a whim without asking for further details is not looking out for each other. In fact, it can really hurt and it can also weaken the social fabric of the group.

Honestly said, if this ''Tribal Unit Strength'' isn't sufficient enough I think that we only have ourselves to blame, well not everyone I suppose but claiming that we are perfect would be false. (Unless you are 6STO which we aren't.)

I don't mean to lecture people. I mean I haven't been acting like a 'princess' myself at all times. So it's also a lesson for me.

Menna, I apologize too for not having asked you the right questions about your post and instead of that made assumptions.

Now I would like to hear your part from the story and proceed to ask you what I should have asked you before:

One of the reasons I doubted you and thought you weren't being completely honest was because in your post you are not asking a question, the tittle is "C's next session" or "Next session" I don't remember exactly and then inside the post it said "Laura must be busy", this is the reason why I thought you were demanding indirectly. My questions are: are you worried about something? Did you felt that the people in the forum were waiting/curious/worried about the sessions and that is why you decided to start a new thread about it? Were you asking for an answer? If yes, have you recieved the answers you were expecting? If not, what kind of answers were you expecting?

Well, as it happens, what Menna wrote ("New C's session? Laura must be busy.") was something along the lines of what went through my mind from time to time as well. Let's face it, there were so many both extraordinary and "chilling" events recently, that it is pretty natural to be curious about what the C's would have to say about it. Sure, it is important to learn how to figure out things without being "spoon-fed", but then there is nothing like receiving confirmation or answers to one's speculations. :halo:

That's why Laura's observation ("Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.") is possibly so amazingly accurate. After all, here comes Menna and dares to say what many of us thought, and probably numerous times. How dares he to expose our own inpatient wants, even if only to ourselves. ;D

Of course, it is a matter of good manners and being grateful to Laura and others for everything that's already been given. Besides, it is true that we are at the point where we can figure out most of the things by ourselves. But here's also a small video to show why we do need more "knowledgable" answers from time to time. ;)

https://youtu.be/zWSe2qezhm4

Laura said:
Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.

What is WRONG with you supermoderators, ambassadors, moderators and whatever. Menna didn't do anything wrong just stated the obvious. Is it a crime? Perhaps you should get in check your selfimportance.
Sorry but feel a little bit cranky myself :P

Menna please do not go away because of this because we will miss you. :hug:

tohuwabohu said:
Laura said:
Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.

What is WRONG with you supermoderators, ambassadors, moderators and whatever. Menna didn't do anything wrong just stated the obvious. Is it a crime? Perhaps you should get in check your selfimportance.

To be fair, it's not only the mods/ambassadors who responded the way they did, yet you chose to specifically call them out in your post. Why is that?

Keit said:
Well, as it happens, what Menna wrote ("New C's session? Laura must be busy.") was something along the lines of what went through my mind from time to time as well. Let's face it, there were so many both extraordinary and "chilling" events recently, that it is pretty natural to be curious about what the C's would have to say about it. Sure, it is important to learn how to figure out things without being "spoon-fed", but then there is nothing like receiving confirmation or answers to one's speculations. :halo:

That's why Laura's observation ("Perhaps OTHERS are feeling a little cranky because we haven't had a recent session.") is possibly so amazingly accurate. After all, here comes Menna and dares to say what many of us thought, and probably numerous times. How dares he to expose our own inpatient wants, even if only to ourselves. ;D

Of course, it is a matter of good manners and being grateful to Laura and others for everything that's already been given. Besides, it is true that we are at the point where we can figure out most of the things by ourselves. But here's also a small video to show why we do need more "knowledgable" answers from time to time. ;)

https://youtu.be/zWSe2qezhm4

I've just caught up with this thread and I think this is the most sensible explanation to what went on. Thank you Keit for offering your honest insight.

And the video you shared was actually quite entertaining.

It also made me think of the value of honest and practical answers when applicable. The way I saw it initially was "New C's Session? Laura must be busy". I think the most accurate answer to that should have been. "Yes, she must be, let's wait for her to confirm" or "I noticed that too". Because that's all that most here could first-hand verify.

Just my two humble cents.

tohuwabohu said:

I would suggest that when your life is an example to others of how to be and do, you can give valid criticism and advice. The mods and ambassadors spend a LOT of time in service to others and when a possible mistake is made, they deserve allowance.

On the other side, we still haven't heard from Menna any kind of explanation as to what was on his mind and how he was feeling and the more time passes, the more curious that becomes. We still don't know what the deal is. So, basically, it is YOU who is going a step further than anyone who questioned Menna's intent.

Back
Top Bottom