What's the purpose of life?

hello!
i want to talk about something!
i feel really anxious these times!
i always think about death!
i am obsessed by death!
i feel my mortality with a big consciousness!
and this, makes me think that everything is useless!
i feel that materiality is useless!
or, more precisely, that, attachments are useless (but i have some; my life was turning around attachment).
and now, i feel that these attachtments are useless.
so, i feel empty and i only feel death!
why do i have to accomplish as i will die?
i think that the problem is that i don't feel that the society gives us the real meaning of the life.
the real meaning of life and what life is all about is the most important thing!
i talk about attachments and that i have some, so, what are my attachments?
i am obsessed with noting and keeping my ideas (what i want to do, what i have to do, my ideas about life, etc, etc).
i have a OCD (pure-o) and this obsession is the most important with the next one, which is trying to remember what i had in the mind! i am always trying to search and have all of my ideas in my mind! it became an obsession and a torture! really stressful!
i have a lot of notes and i think that, i could note be in peace, if i don't do something with them (sorting and throwing some). so, i think and feel that i could not be in peace if these parts of me still exist when i die. i mean, i think about death a lot, i feel the death and now that i will die, that it could be at any moment. and this feeling gives me the idea that i have to sort and throw some of my notes, because i don't want others to read my notes and my ideas and because these things are attachments for me, and, thinking about life, thinking about death (the two important things), and attachments are useless if we take in consideration the real meaning of life, as we will not stay here, so, these notes and all of these papers are not mine!
so, the real problem, i mean, to be more pragmatical, i would say that i don't know what to do with my ideas and my notes. i mean, in life, how to have the balance between the fact that we are living and that we have to produce things, like notes etc, to progress in our life, and how to get the balance between this thing and the fact that we will die and go away from here!
these parts of me are like strings attaching me and making me like a prisoner!
i want to burn everything sometimes!
i need some useful goals!
i had the same feeling 16 years ago, i wanted to go to asia and see monks!
i don't know how to balance this esoteric and exoteric feelings.
it's like i should be a monk (not for nothing or just "like that", i want something useful).
but, i sometimes like to make love also. i like to see feminine curves, even if i have the feeling that it is a little useless.
i don't say that i am perfect, i just say that these ideas really torture me and i don't know what to do (exactly the same feeling i had 16 years ago ; i am 33 years old). it's a living nightmare, a maze, this reality is a maze, i don't have oxygen and nothing can give me oxygen!
i have the feeling that we all are trying to reassure ourselves with illusions toward death!
i really want to cry because this obsess me. all of the humans are my brothers and sisters!
where are we going to? i can not understand this materialistic and egocentric system that we all buy everyday! why do they sell us this thing?
what is our goal? what do we have to do in this life? why?
until when? for what?
i feel like a robot with programs... that's torture! i don't know what is my place here! i will die, so, what should i do? our time is counted!
what should be my goal if we take in consideration, all of i said!
sorry for my lack of effort to have make my sentences sounds perfectly english sometimes, but, i am tired!
i maybe had some accumulated stress and... well, i don't know...
peace!

The purpose of life is very simple: to face challenges without avoidance so you progress and the universe progress.

And you seem to have a very big one in front of you right now: to find a way to balance yourself.

Do you practice sport?

The purpose of life is very simple: to face challenges without avoidance so you progress and the universe progress.

And you seem to have a very big one in front of you right now: to find a way to balance yourself.

Do you practice sport?

Yep, i do. Today, 15 km with my bike. But my system was really slow, so, it was a burden, a little.
I do some training too, but, i have some pains and inflammation and i am tired, so, it is sometimes, also, a burden.
I eat paleo, try to get enough antioxydants, omega-3, etc. I think the source of toxicity is from the mind and thus stress.
I try to practice sport. I think that i lack exposition to the nature and to new sceneries. I am a little bit suffocating!
The everyday life put a spoke in our wheels and i feel everything is useless sometimes (often).
Thanks for you answer.

Yep, i do. Today, 15 km with my bike. But my system was really slow, so, it was a burden, a little.
I do some training too, but, i have some pains and inflammation and i am tired, so, it is sometimes, also, a burden.
I eat paleo, try to get enough antioxydants, omega-3, etc. I think the source of toxicity is from the mind and thus stress.
I try to practice sport. I think that i lack exposition to the nature and to new sceneries. I am a little bit suffocating!
The everyday life put a spoke in our wheels and i feel everything is useless sometimes (often).
Thanks for you answer.

The good news is that you seem very self aware of your body and mind state. So your challenge is to find a way or another to balance the whole but do not condemn yourself as it's not always easy.

Very good the bike. But, from what you describe, I think you overstress your body, find the right measure. Try swimming if you have somewhere to do it.

And yes, if you suffocate, change the scenery, new challenges will appear but do not anticipate. Think about how to do it. Perhaps find someone to have a trip or do it by yourself. I see you doing a trek.

Materiality is not useless as it enable us to experiment this kind of sensation. The important point is that you know that is not all that exist. So relax and enjoy the trip.

For me my life/thinking/feeling/being is changed everytime I read new information. All recommended books are full of informations that can change or move something in you. When I discovered that ability I'm always hunger for more. Also, when you succeed to implement in your life what you learn from books there's always feeling that you could do much more. I hope this helps a little bit.

Also, focusing on others, especially when we are in that kind state of mind, helps.

I feel stressed when the family comes back (woman and kids)
I think it's because of my obsessions and i feel invaded like i don't exist anymore. And also, i don't succeed expressing my point of view and what i am (i fear it), i fear to be hurt. And sometimes they are really cutting, so... and i don't know to respect myself and respect others. I don't know the balance that a family should have.
I feel a big rush of stress right now because they came back. It's crazy.
I can feel pains in my body, it accentuate the pains. My blood pressure is higher.
This is really morbid.

I feel stressed when the family comes back (woman and kids)
I think it's because of my obsessions and i feel invaded like i don't exist anymore. And also, i don't succeed expressing my point of view and what i am (i fear it), i fear to be hurt. And sometimes they are really cutting, so... and i don't know to respect myself and respect others. I don't know the balance that a family should have.
I feel a big rush of stress right now because they came back. It's crazy.
I can feel pains in my body, it accentuate the pains. My blood pressure is higher.

There's a simple remedy to quick rebalance the nervous system: take a cold shower.

This is probably a stupid question, but why are you obsessed with death? To some people this concept represents the opposite of life, which is what you are asking about in your title.

To have an obsession (about anything), seems to me, to interfere with the process of life. This is because it interferes with a person's mental and physical health. How does one treat such imbalance? Well, it's a step by step process where a person looks at multiple things that they can do to improve their situation. It's not something that has one fix, or that resolves quickly. It becomes a slow improvement over time, as it changes who you are.

Some areas to consider: alternative therapies (I use kinesiology), relaxation therapy, graduating to disciplines such as meditation, yoga or Eiriu Eolas. Become attuned at Reiki and start doing it.

Éiriú Eolas

Then there's diet! Believe it or not, that can improve a lot of things over time. I also use kinesiology to 'test' what nutrients my body needs and doesn't need.

It takes effort to change one's focus, but once a person has improved their physical and mental health they are a lot stronger and are better able resist obsessions. They can even become immune to negative and cutting comments by family.

For me my life/thinking/feeling/being is changed everytime I read new information. All recommended books are full of informations that can change or move something in you. When I discovered that ability I'm always hunger for more. Also, when you succeed to implement in your life what you learn from books there's always feeling that you could do much more. I hope this helps a little bit.

Also, focusing on others, especially when we are in that kind state of mind, helps.

Yep. Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that you've developed a full-blown psychological crisis, Sun Eterna. :-(

I understand that you had a similar episode 16 years ago. Can you remember what alleviated your problems at that time?
There may have been extraordinary challenges that you had to overcome. There may be similar conflicts that challenge you today.

Since you're doing sports and paleo already, my best advice would be to have a number of psychological counseling sessions.
I know I had - been there, done that more than once.

What's the purpose of life?

I found the answer to that question by combing through the material on this site, namely the C's sessions...
For me it would be polarizing positively (without becoming compulsive and perfectionist). Further it would learning the lessons presented to me and working on my programs. There may actually be more but for me that is a tall order already.

Ursus ;-)

Yeah, i was seeing one regularly, years ago.
I did consult a NeurOptimal practitioner 3 times this year.
I was not really satisfied by the practitioner but i think the therapy had some effects because i had some strange crisis after that.
Some days after the therapy, i woke up during the night and i had the feeling of becoming crazy and that i was having a stroke, so, i did go to the emergency and all... And the days after the therapy, i was feeling really really tired and like aside from my body... it was really anxious. So, yes, i think it had some effect.
Well, there is another therapist who uses this technique, so, i will maybe go see him.
Well, yeah, i feel the need to get help in order to keep some distance with all of this and see the whole picture (but, in the picture, what i know for sure is that i will die :-P LOL).
Well, thank you all for your support and your time.
Peace.

SunEterna, it is a question beyond any common human to answer, we cannot know what we don't before we learn it.

It think it is best to look at life as an school before looking at it as purposeless, every person has a different life to live and the purpose for a person living in a tribe in this day an age is different than the purpose of the life of a CEO in relation to themselves and the world. They don't even know this.
The C's said that time is indefinite, and there are many posibilities that can open or close, and what that means here i think , is that many things can be changed in one's path as we learn how to open the posibilities, if we are sealed shut to our natural patterns of thinking, be it the result of trauma or the result of genetics, the blockages that create these patterns will limit our potential to access other points of view about one thing.

When kids are exited about an activity it is an illusion and part of them know this, but they learn and thrive in the activity, the same activity may sound utterly boring to an adult...
I wondered what happened to me, for example , things were not any different out there but there was more "light" perhaps the correct term is creativity. What damaged the creativity and the motivation? Many experiences that could be named, eventhough experiences were damaging they were nurturing and in order to survive those experiences without being consumed by them and rescuing the useful, we need to become aware of those facts andknow where we stand and face those emotions one way or another.

I have the same question as you, but perhaps G was correct in marking it as an unconquerable question, because in any scenario for a human being to lable this question would be like shrinking the universe and its possibilities to a mere rationalization bound to our human thinking errors.
I can't say for sure what it is, but perhaps it is about letting the universe displaying the answer before our eyes lifetime after lifetime, it may be an understanding that comes at another level.

My suggestion is drop it, untill you are in better standing. We need to live life and the challenges in it are more than enough, don't you think, the question of purpose of life is for the universe to answer and for us to be able to listen to the answer that is the relationship i think we should be looking for. Just some thoughts
Ruth mentioned several good points to think about..

Hi,
I read this thread a couple of days ago while posting my own & have been thinking on it. It is something I have been investigating for as long as I can remember - more than 1/2 a century. My current view is this,
Wanting to know the purpose of life is rather like asking to know the mind of 'God'. It would be like pouring 10lts into a thimble. As mortal beings there's no way we could comprehend a meaningful answer. I have chosen this path - that there is a purpose - as the alternatives makes no reasonable sense. Knowing there is a purpose is as good one can hope for. I will add, like others here have mentioned, learning is part of it. This is something I have found from more than one, unrelated, source. On this point the strategy becomes one of observation & not speculation. There will be hints as to what your lessons are. These can be quite subtle & also sometimes so obvious you look right through them. In either case if you are not 'quite' & observing then you will likely miss the cues. I want, I want, I want is not a quite & observing state, & we are under programming from our overlords to 'want' for this very reason. Speculating also interfers with observation. This is how it is for me. The information is usually in books, but not exclusively.
Death is another subject I have long be puzzled by, & have read about widely in science, religion, you name it, and I have found little worth noting. A book I can recommend is the truth in the light by Peter & Elizabeth Fenwick. dealing with near death experiences. I don't know if there is a french translation, sorry. I am currently on an interesting lead with my searching, Michael Harner's work appears to tie in across a lot areas. So far I've only read Cave & Cosmos. I would recommend reading the truth in the light & letting that sink in before any of Harner's work.
I hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom