Ice Age Preparation ?

The big difference between people in the past and today is that then the times were more harder and people need not some TV shows because their lives were harsh realities, they were more independent and thus had more practical knowledge, but today people are sedentary, spoiled, protected, isolated through technology from others, etc... and face most of that "reality" through TV screens.

Also, don't think there is any way to learn any useful skills via TV fiction. It's always amazing to us when people come to stay for a week or two, or longer, how many are really lacking the most basic life skills. Thankfully, most of them are eager and willing to learn, and we like to do group projects, and I think everybody goes away from here knowing how to do new, useful things, and how to work better with others.

I agree about the practical issues you presented. The worst would be the destruction of nuclear power plants that become inacessible, yet will melt down and explode, like we have seen with fukushima (which is still poisoning the pacific!).

I have had thoughts about moving south, but I recall what someone mentioned about the great depression. Many people left cities and went into the country areas, which ended up being more dangerous than the cities that they left behind.

I had a chat with a fotcm member who lived near here a while ago about moving away:
If you have land in the country or outside the city, are you prepared to kill people who are looking to survive coming from the cities? At what point would you rather just die than to keep fighting to live?

Sorry if it sounds defeatist, but I'm going by the numbers here. You may have nice land in the middle of nowhere, but there are even more people than in the great depression who will be seeking a place to survive in. It's not always going to be about cooperation either, especially after factory farming dies off. A small farm can feed your family and friends, but cannot feed the many who are displaced and hungry.

All I know is that life is not that valuable to have to dehumanize myself to kill to survive. Let the meek inherit the earth... if it happens to be the psychopaths/sociopaths, so be it. They can have this crap hole and all of it's "excitement".

You're raising an important point. Besides, something that has been gnawing at me about survival, is that I can't see what's in it. Let's say you survive. Survive for what? So that you can say that you were one of the few humans that survived? The fabric of the world and of our society is going to crumble. We're going to be hit on all side all at once. There will be an ice age, economic collapse which is likely to bring violence, ideological violence which is likely to lead to racial violence, environmental disasters, extreme food shortage...etc. I can't see what would be a point of a life post-SHIFT. It would be survival for survival's sake -- and that is, if you even manage to survive which is unlikely. Obviously, if everything is a lesson, your survival would just be another lesson, just like dying would be...

It will sound really defeatist, but I don't see the point of putting any effort into survival. And to be honest, even if you were trying to learn new skills now to be more prepared following the shift. There are so many factors into play, that you may die before ever using them. And even if you get to use them, the haunting question to me is what would be the point of survival in such a world?

I feel all we can hope for is a swift and painless death. Or at least that is what I'm personally hoping for.

This is off topic, but what do you think happen after Earth is cleansed from the human race? A new experiment starts and the survivors of the human race become what Atlantis is to us now?

You're raising an important point. Besides, something that has been gnawing at me about survival, is that I can't see what's in it. Let's say you survive. Survive for what? So that you can say that you were one of the few humans that survived? The fabric of the world and of our society is going to crumble. We're going to be hit on all side all at once. There will be an ice age, economic collapse which is likely to bring violence, ideological violence which is likely to lead to racial violence, environmental disasters, extreme food shortage...etc. I can't see what would be a point of a life post-SHIFT. It would be survival for survival's sake -- and that is, if you even manage to survive which is unlikely. Obviously, if everything is a lesson, your survival would just be another lesson, just like dying would be...

It will sound really defeatist, but I don't see the point of putting any effort into survival. And to be honest, even if you were trying to learn new skills now to be more prepared following the shift. There are so many factors into play, that you may die before ever using them. And even if you get to use them, the haunting question to me is what would be the point of survival in such a world?

I feel all we can hope for is a swift and painless death. Or at least that is what I'm personally hoping for.

This is off topic, but what do you think happen after Earth is cleansed from the human race? A new experiment starts and the survivors of the human race become what Atlantis is to us now?

In regards to the what is happening NOW and looking at reality left and right. To me we're running in circles. I look at the news and all I can think is been there, done that. The same arguments are being rehashed and the same flaws are still there. Furthermore, ultimately, it all adds up to the same: destruction.

In regards to the what is happening NOW and looking at reality left and right. To me we're running in circles. I look at the news and all I can think is been there, done that. The same arguments are being rehashed and the same flaws are still there. Furthermore, ultimately, it all adds up to the same: destruction.

I always felt that the main lesson here is to see that things always repeat. The C's explained that moving to 4d is much like being in 3rd grade and already learning the repeated lessons, ready to move to the next grade. How else would we choose not to keep returning but at the point where we don't see much more to know?
At times, I do feel jealous of people who have hope in change, because it gives them energy to live/fight. But many of the books we have read (and the books written by Laura, etc) show that history repeats over and over.

I always felt that the main lesson here is to see that things always repeat. The C's explained that moving to 4d is much like being in 3rd grade and already learning the repeated lessons, ready to move to the next grade. How else would we choose not to keep returning but at the point where we don't see much more to know?
At times, I do feel jealous of people who have hope in change, because it gives them energy to live/fight. But many of the books we have read (and the books written by Laura, etc) show that history repeats over and over.

Perhaps, but even if it gives them energy to live/ fight, is it truly a good thing if that hope is misguided? There must be an alternative. I've been hoping that though I can't see a silver lining or find my black cat in my dark room, I would find something to go on. I still haven't found this something.

Unless, that's the point and that you aren't meant to find anything, because there is nothing in 3rd.

Talking about what we should do -not if but when-I want to be there for my husband 2 sons and daughter who do NOT want to
hear anything I could tell them now . That is their choice. I would like to be the one who is not surprised or shocked (not as much as them
anyway) to hug, smile and hold them as mothers do. Maybe if they are then prepared to listen I can tell them what I have learned here.
Maybe that's my reason for being here now.

Talking about what we should do -not if but when-I want to be there for my husband 2 sons and daughter who do NOT want to
hear anything I could tell them now . That is their choice. I would like to be the one who is not surprised or shocked (not as much as them
anyway) to hug, smile and hold them as mothers do. Maybe if they are then prepared to listen I can tell them what I have learned here.
Maybe that's my reason for being here now.

This makes sense to me, although I do find myself in DianaRose94's state of mind more often than not. If one is not taken out right away, then being of service to others who have been blindsided would be a reason get healthy, learn the skills, etc. If you turn up dead, you still learned new things, a value in itself, and if you are still around, you get to be of use. Win-win?

Personally, I'd rather do most all I can to survive whatever might be coming and help others do the same within the limits of not sacrificing trying to serve others and becoming some kind of monster just for the sake of survival. The way the conversation has turned makes me think of the book by Victor Frankl - 'Man's Search for Meaning' and what he went through to pass on what he learned from being in the concentration camps, etc. What if he had just given up and didn't strive to survive with as much dignity and morals as he could? All the people that have learned something from him would have missed out. The same for Solzhenitsyn's work and life. What about if Lobaczewski had given up? What if all the great minds and ideas of the world had not happened because they met resistance and trying times and people with those minds and ideas had given into pessimism and a nihilistic view of things. Throw in the ideas of Jordan Peterson as a guide to this IMO. Struggle to find meaning. Survival and understanding that you might help and teach others who are struggling.

I also think of the possibility of being a part of passing on the truth of things that has been researched and hard fought for by many that have come before and by Laura and the others associated with this forum. That this information might be passed through whatever 'the terror of the night' might bring. It seems to me that it is kind of like stalking the ultimate petty tyrant that a 3D being might be able to do. Stalking the ‘terror of history.’ To dodge and help others to do the same for the train coming down the tracks and maybe provide something of value to the future humankind, or at least some portion of it, however that turns out to be. If you waste some time learning new things and even die during the turmoil or whatnot, at least you are striving to 'endure and prevail' a la Damasio's 'Strange Order of Things' and at least you have given all you could to standing for something of value and worth. FWIW.

Mike, I commend you for your fighting spirit. ;-)

Most people will instinctively do all they can to survive physically. When it comes to facing a sudden onset of glaciation, wars for food and water, disruption of power and pandemics (did I mention comets?) I might be forgiven for sharing other people's realistic or pessimistic view of things.

I won't be one of those who will go crazy by losing their TV, cellphone, drugs, coffee and cigarettes, though.

We still don't know what will happen and when but I sense a general feeling of something coming down the pipe pretty soon. But then again, following this forum for 17 years, that is a feeling I have become pretty familiar with... :-)

I agree that this time things will be for real, though and when the excrement hits the rotor blades I hope and pray that I can be of service to others. I'm just wondering if there will be enough energy left for stalking petty tyrants...

I won't be one of those who will go crazy by losing their TV, cellphone, drugs, coffee and cigarettes, though.

I'll find it tough to be without tobacco, I've gotta admit. Although in my case cutting back a little and stashing a pouch or two away for a rainy day might be a good idea, and slowly build up a stockpile. I was in dire financial straits a few years back and was living on £10 a week whilst I had my debts assessed. I smoked about 2 or 3 cigs a day and I coped fine, despite the cravings.

As for TV and phones, meh, I'll not really notice them when they're defunct. I use an old skool flip top phone with no web connection anyway. I find the modern obsession with smart phones absurd, if I'm honest.

The future, much like the present, is going to be quite a challenge. It will be genuinely fascinating to see how things unfold, and then it's a matter of being competent enough to rise to the worldly challenges. If it's 5d I'm destined for, well, it'll be nice to see my brother again. As a person who has a 14 year history of mental illness, I've had to seriously scale down my life ambitions already.

What about if Lobaczewski had given up? What if all the great minds and ideas of the world had not happened because they met resistance and trying times and people with those minds and ideas had given into pessimism and a nihilistic view of things. Throw in the ideas of Jordan Peterson as a guide to this IMO. Struggle to find meaning. Survival and understanding that you might help and teach others who are struggling.

This is a very good point, we really have to do absolutely all we can to be a counterbalance to chaos, which can be both mindless and pathological simultaneously. What you have to say will always meet resistance, but no-one can argue with good deeds. Lead by example should be the golden rule.

Just as an example of facing petty tyrants, I'll offer this example.

I was in dire financial straits a few years back and was living on £10 a week whilst I had my debts assessed.

For 2 years I was faced with crippling credit card repayments which left me with £10 a week to live. My parents fed me during this period, and I spent my money on a monthly amount of tobacco, which I needed. I coped, amazingly enough, it really surprised me. I just read and watched documentaries, and only smoked when I absolutely needed to. No indulgences.

Anyway, I finally got fed up with the situation so I sought out the support of the Citizen's Advice Bureau, who represented me when HSBC demanded I pay them £5000 in debts or faced being taken to court. I told my CAB rep my whole story of how I got into debt, along with my mental health history. I offered to pay back 10p a month because otherwise I couldn't support myself. HSBC were nevertheless insistent at this point. Then I thought to mention to my rep that I thought it odd that they'd be so antsy about a small debt whilst they were laundering money for south american drug cartels, whilst paying massive fines for it (as has been documented. HSBC is a very corrupt bank!). I asked my rep at the bureau to especially make mention of this in her correspondence with HSBC, so she did.

Within a month, HSBC closed my account and requested that I destroy my bank cards and never apply for an account with them again. They wrote off my debt and our association was ended.

A small victory for me, and finally I could live as a normal person again. I drew a picture for my Bureau rep and sent it to her a few days later, as a small token of thanks. I have no idea what she made of the whole affair, but I was very, very thankful for her efforts in helping me out. Just a small example of how knowing your enemy, armed with facts, can really help you out! They enticed me into debt when I was very ill, and didn't explain what the consequences were going to be. Thankfully I did my due diligence on them and it all worked out okay in the end.

Well , you guys are more than welcome to move in with us here in Kuwait . It's really warm here , no signs of an ice-age yet . However, you will need to worry about war outbreaks or cometary bombardments,...or both.

Dittto that here in Oman.
All are more than welcome to join us too. Got lots of acreage to set up camp!
Doubtful about there being a war here though. Something special about this country.
Can't say the same for cometarty bombardment.

Just as an example of facing petty tyrants, I'll offer this example.

For 2 years I was faced with crippling credit card repayments which left me with £10 a week to live. My parents fed me during this period, and I spent my money on a monthly amount of tobacco, which I needed. I coped, amazingly enough, it really surprised me. I just read and watched documentaries, and only smoked when I absolutely needed to. No indulgences.

Anyway, I finally got fed up with the situation so I sought out the support of the Citizen's Advice Bureau, who represented me when HSBC demanded I pay them £5000 in debts or faced being taken to court. I told my CAB rep my whole story of how I got into debt, along with my mental health history. I offered to pay back 10p a month because otherwise I couldn't support myself. HSBC were nevertheless insistent at this point. Then I thought to mention to my rep that I thought it odd that they'd be so antsy about a small debt whilst they were laundering money for south american drug cartels, whilst paying massive fines for it (as has been documented. HSBC is a very corrupt bank!). I asked my rep at the bureau to especially make mention of this in her correspondence with HSBC, so she did.

Within a month, HSBC closed my account and requested that I destroy my bank cards and never apply for an account with them again. They wrote off my debt and our association was ended.

A small victory for me, and finally I could live as a normal person again. I drew a picture for my Bureau rep and sent it to her a few days later, as a small token of thanks. I have no idea what she made of the whole affair, but I was very, very thankful for her efforts in helping me out. Just a small example of how knowing your enemy, armed with facts, can really help you out! They enticed me into debt when I was very ill, and didn't explain what the consequences were going to be. Thankfully I did my due diligence on them and it all worked out okay in the end.
I'm really glad you've made it! I also wasn't quite myself when I took a loan in the bank with interest rate 15%. My bank account was recently unblocked but I will pay them what they gave me. I spent that money for my son's diapers and clothes instead of college costs. I have bigger paycheck now, I pay almost half of it for the loan and I still have more then I lived of before. I learned many skills being poor:-D but I'm not a cheapskate. So 2 more years and I'm free!

I'm really glad you've made it! I also wasn't quite myself when I took a loan in the bank with interest rate 15%. My bank account was recently unblocked but I will pay them what they gave me. I spent that money for my son's diapers and clothes instead of college costs. I have bigger paycheck now, I pay almost half of it for the loan and I still have more then I lived of before. I learned many skills being poor:-D but I'm not a cheapskate. So 2 more years and I'm free!

Thanks Martina, it really was an immense relief to finally be free from that awful bank. It's true you find out a lot about yourself and your abilities when you're poor. Here's hoping you get yourself on an even keel as soon as possible.:-)

Back
Top Bottom