Ice Age Preparation ?

Are you kidding me! I love New Mexico. I went there 10 times since last March for treasure hunting in the Rockies
Yes, I remember your adventure. I wanted to come along :lol:
But, it is not a warm state already, since most of it is at a high elevation. Santa Fe is sitting at around 5,000 above the sea level.
Unless you go south of Tropic of Cancer, of which the U.S. isn't, you're likely going to experience some lengthy cold spells at times. You just have to make do... But consider that southeast corner jutting into Texas?

Anyway, I thought you're Russian - or at least of its vicinity? Why are you moaning about cold?!!

@BlackCartouche

The text above is from the link you provided...

Somehow, I have not been scared by the underground. Growing, being a little kid, I always tried to squeeze myself into some underground spaces, tunnels, etc. Even now, I would be excited by the opportunity to have my own cavern, If I would ever get the property in a karst area. If it is dried - I will have myself a natural cellar, if it is full of fresh water, I will learn scuba diving...

By the way, are there any specific areas in the Southern US that Cs mentioned as being perfect to escape to when the cold moves in?

If there were any areas in the Southern US being perfect to escape to I would reckon that millions of fellow Americans would try to join you there. They will be out of food, out of money and probably out of their minds but nevertheless armed to their teeth.

I'd say the best thing you could hope for would be that gas will be so scarce and expensive that most of them won't be able to come.

Anyway, I thought you're Russian - or at least of its vicinity? Why are you moaning about cold?!!

I was born Russian with 50% of Polish-Lithuanian ancestry. I was raised in Leningrad region that is not that cold from the absolute winter temperatures perspective. But the moisture from the Gulf of Finland weaponized that cold and made our lives more miserable. As they said, one can get used to anything: hunger, thirst, heat, etcetera, but never to the cold.

I was born Russian with 50% of Polish-Lithuanian ancestry. I was raised in Leningrad region that is not that cold from the absolute winter temperatures perspective. But the moisture from the Gulf of Finland weaponized that cold and made our lives more miserable. As they said, one can get used to anything: hunger, thirst, heat, etcetera, but never to the cold.

Never say never...

Cryogenic Chamber Therapy :-P

Reactions: Ca.
You have to read until the end where they thaw out...;-)
Dude, cryotherapy is not the same as living in the conditions. It will be hard to make food and have water that is liquid. You're riding a false wave of hope with this, as if the cryotherapy is sustainable. Here's another issue.... calculate how much energy it takes to heat X mass 1 celsius... One gram of water to go up 1 degree C requires 1 calorie. Multiply that by the mass of your body and the difference between your required body temperature and the ambient and you will see that this is not a joke.

Now that we have gone back to reality, I have to say that the mini iceage will indeed cause a lot of deaths. By game theory alone, those who have the wealth now, have bought lands that will keep their security and with the die offs the ratio of these psychopaths/sociopaths with power/money will be much higher than it is today.

That is not a promising future. Please, explain how this can turn out for the benefit of the normal working class and then maybe, maybe I can have hope. Otherwise, you shouldn't pretend like sitting in a cryochamber for less than an hour means that we can survive this upcoming hell.

If this reality wasn't so restrictive in terms of survival etc, would there be an incentive to push to be in a reality that doesn't have these limits (like 4d)? Maybe the lesson here is that yes, there are hard limits and it's not our fault if we fail to survive in them. To believe in survival in any and all conditions is in itself STS, a blind belief in infinite power. I would rather die than have to get to the point of shooting competition in order that my family and I survive. You can judge that as giving up and I can judge your blind belief in survival as ignorant.

I have to add that some of my anger is directed at this gimmick of cryotherapy.... it's helpful to some but NOT a way to survive an ice age. I have worked night shift during a couple of winters where the winds despite being not much below 0 C has caused me to lose concentration/focus and ability to see even (my eyes would freeze even the tears!).

Goyacobol, have you had to stand outside for hours in subzero temperatures with a steady wind for hours on end? If so, maybe you can stand with the hard right and claim that the homeless are homeless because it's not so bad out in the freezing cold. Heck you can help them spread the laws that outlaw "homelessness".

If you have dealth with working in the environment, you might have not been so blind to how difficult it is to even just work in the environment, let survive.

It's this that makes me annoyed at the gimmicks of cryotherapy, people that think somehow the physics and chemistry don't exist because some yuppies can pay good money to sit in a chamber to feel like they are healing themselves.

I have to add that some of my anger is directed at this gimmick of cryotherapy.... it's helpful to some but NOT a way to survive an ice age. I have worked night shift during a couple of winters where the winds despite being not much below 0 C has caused me to lose concentration/focus and ability to see even (my eyes would freeze even the tears!).

Goyacobol, have you had to stand outside for hours in subzero temperatures with a steady wind for hours on end? If so, maybe you can stand with the hard right and claim that the homeless are homeless because it's not so bad out in the freezing cold. Heck you can help them spread the laws that outlaw "homelessness".

If you have dealth with working in the environment, you might have not been so blind to how difficult it is to even just work in the environment, let survive.

It's this that makes me annoyed at the gimmicks of cryotherapy, people that think somehow the physics and chemistry don't exist because some yuppies can pay good money to sit in a chamber to feel like they are healing themselves.

Divide by Zero,

Actually the link I posted is Cryogenic Chamber Therapy / Cold Adaption which was started by Laura March 12, 2012. I missed the "/ Cold Adaption" part.

I don't think all cryogenic chamber therapy is a gimmick and I don't think Laura is "some yuppie" or she would not have started the thread.

I have worked outside some in cold weather even below 0 but not for hours like you mention. I really was trying to be serious in a light hearted way based on the previous posts between SlavaOn and BlackCartouche. I'm sorry if it offended you or anyone else for that matter.

Dude, cryotherapy is not the same as living in the conditions.

The thread is also about "Cold adaption" not just cryotherapy.

You can judge that as giving up and I can judge your blind belief in survival as ignorant.

I am not judging you so why judge me. I feel like "giving up" sometimes as much as anyone but I keep plodding along. I will try to post some more hopeful thoughts on the subject of this thread later. No, I don't want to stand with the "hard right" and outlaw homelessness. Not sure why you see me as promoting such a view. I get angry about the suffering I am seeing too so I won't hold that against you.

Sorry for the tone, Goyacobol!

The holidays bring a lot of stress at work and at home for me.

My anger was misdirected due to fear: The idea about the ice age coming scares me. If society is already disjointed and can't do things well in these 'normal' conditions now, I can't imagine how bad it will be when food and transportation issues pile up.

I don't see how cold adaption can remedy the issue though. But now I see that you meant it as a joke which went over my head when I first read it.

I called it a gimmick because it's not going to help us survive in horrible conditions and is not very practical due to the cost and need of a freezer that can go that low in temperature. Meanwhile water that is not as cold as that freezer has more of an effect on the body because the thermal mass of water is much higher than the thermal mass of air.

I used the term yuppie because they are basically charging a lot of money to let people stand in a freezer. I didn't mean that who does it is a yuppie. The marketing is yuppie-hype- like seeing Wim Hof walking around the himalayas without clothes. All for showing how "extreme" it is, like using a high end freezer to go "way below zero".
Meanwhile, if he was in barely above freezing water for minutes- hypothermia would result.

it is my understanding that this ice age will not be like the maunder minimum. This time, it is a magnetic pole shift multiplied by a maunder-like solar shutdown. There are serious hints of cosmic ray levels affecting magma viscosity, compounded both by the heliopause dimming that would let more rays through, and earth's ionosphere resorbing back under the surface. Suspicious0bservers argues that would violent crustal slippage and massive volcanic activity, as an ice sheet melting from the bottom suddenly slides on the water layer. Also, there are serious concerns about the aforementioned ionosphere resorbing back below earth's radius; most of the surface would become uninhabitable with possible temporary pockets of protection where the ionosphere might poke through the surface, likely around the tropics, or whichever part of the crust happens to be sliding around those latitudes at any moment.

I know mobility and adaptability will be my greatest asset. But there are a variety of likely unsurvivable challenges that are impossible to predict, especially as we still do not understand the dynamics of the situation. Thus considering, there seems to be no solution, or rather the same solution as ever: the Work, and to work. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Divide by Zero,

The holidays bring a lot of stress at work and at home for me.

It seemed like you were stressed a bit and my post was just a "trigger". We have all been there I think and can look forward to our own "triggers" as we plod along I suppose.

I don't know if you have read that whole thread but it does cover some of the health benefits of the cold therapy. As far as Wim Hof goes he does actually use a breathing technique similar to EE to achieve his cold endurance.

It was mentioned in the thread by Niall and he gives a SOTT article, Wim Hof, the Iceman, regulates his vagus nerve to withstand extreme cold that explains how it works.

I don't think there is any one solution to be prepared in case it gets colder due to an ice-age event but we will know more "as needed" I think. If we just stick together as a network we will know which direction to set our sails so to speak.

Thanks for letting me know the details. I understand where you were coming from better now.

Here's my two cents for what it's worth:

It is quite difficult to plan for the unknown. I think the best solution is what has been offered in this forum, being working on ourselves and increasing knowledge. I could plan for the coming changes by stockpiling and buying acres of land, then walk outside and end up in Moscow, or just be hit by a comet. Stockpiles may also be a target for the masses. No matter how much ammo I would have, there could be a group large enough to still take it from me. Our ability to think clearly and intelligently in chaos may be what actually saves us.

Another factor that I think we should be prepared for is the emotional turmoil we would go through during such events. I could live in the best place on the planet to survive earth changes, but I cannot imagine what I would go through suddenly hearing that everyone I know and love is dead. This would definitely affect me and my actions after such events. It is hard to say what one may do if they have never been through such a situation. There are a number of scenarios that would certainly challenge us all, for instance, would you watch your child starve to death or end their misery? These are things I myself do not like to think about but we may not have that luxury in the future.

My family has enough for us to last a month or two. This is to be prepared for the normal disasters we face like floods, tornados, etc. We have agreed that any disaster that lasts longer than that would force us to be nomadic, which would present a whole new onslaught of challenges. We have also questioned that even if we could afford to build a bunker in the middle of nowhere that would survive the chaos, is that really a life worth living?

I think to survive these changes, if there is even a chance, will take a lot of luck. So if it's our time to go, so be it. We will do our best to not live in fear and help who we can. Beyond that, nothing is really in our control so there is no point in worrying about it. That's how I see it.

it is my understanding that this ice age will not be like the maunder minimum. This time, it is a magnetic pole shift multiplied by a maunder-like solar shutdown. There are serious hints of cosmic ray levels affecting magma viscosity, compounded both by the heliopause dimming that would let more rays through, and earth's ionosphere resorbing back under the surface. Suspicious0bservers argues that would violent crustal slippage and massive volcanic activity, as an ice sheet melting from the bottom suddenly slides on the water layer. Also, there are serious concerns about the aforementioned ionosphere resorbing back below earth's radius; most of the surface would become uninhabitable with possible temporary pockets of protection where the ionosphere might poke through the surface, likely around the tropics, or whichever part of the crust happens to be sliding around those latitudes at any moment.

I know mobility and adaptability will be my greatest asset. But there are a variety of likely unsurvivable challenges that are impossible to predict, especially as we still do not understand the dynamics of the situation. Thus considering, there seems to be no solution, or rather the same solution as ever: the Work, and to work. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think you've summed it up brilliantly. The challenges we face are just mind-boggling and an ice age is just one of them. Rapid cooling will be accompanied by political upheaval and economic breakdown, failing health and social systems.
Just imagine what the lack of antidepressants, drugs, cigarettes and alcohol let alone enough food might do to a major metropolis. Hardly 0.01 per cent of people will be informed or prepared.
Hundreds of thousands of people will try to make their way south, if there's enough gas for their SUVs. If governmental structures are still up they may not even be allowed to move.

But then again I'm reminding myself that the C's always tell us not to anticipate...

I would rather die than have to get to the point of shooting competition in order that my family and I survive.
Glad you brought that up DBZ, because it is a VERY SERIOUS point! When the sh!t hits the fan, then the matter of killing is going to very quickly become a top moral quandary for all - and I get the impression most here like to think they would rather be killed, than to kill?... Maybe to think it admirable to never under any circumstance to bloody our hands and taint our soul??
Personally, I think this attitude is irresponsible to any those most vulnerable that may come to be in our care, not least because those of us here that survive possessing advanced knowledge and understanding - especially learned foresight of C's wisdom applied in real terms - will become "beacons of light".
The sick and vulnerable, waives and strays, little children, orphans - ALL the most dispossessed - will gravitate to the light-beacons.
But the aftermath does not discriminate... There too, will be roving gangs composed of the worst kind of predator roaming the lands; rape-gangs, pedo-gangs, and every-other-unimaginable-kind-of-sicko gang seeking to have fill their wicked ways. They will take advantage of lawlessness for all its worth - and they will be terrible and unrelenting and strong with it - and wholly beyond reason!
No higher authority will intervene because there is none.

We must assume the worst depths of human depravity will visit our doorsteps in all witness. We may be all that stands between a PSYCHOPATH and a little girl getting brutally raped!!! He will NOT compromise his evils, it will be an all or nothing situation. Therefor, we must be unwavering in strength of resolve - and absolute in our conviction, in action. Or, so be it on our heads to leave at the mercy wailing babes to ravenous wolves...

Moral conundrums be damned!

I think, we all need to remind ourselves our greatest inspiration Julius Caesar who also lived in very chaotic lawless times much like that which may soon come to bear:

Session 12 July 2014

"...there IS a historical figure who is actually more commanding and praiseworthy than the pale, insipid Gallilean failure long held up to us as a role model that anyone in their right mind would NEVER follow.
Now we can distance ourselves from the schismatic disputes that have poisoned our civilization and history, that continue to poison our societies and divide people against each other; now we can KNOW the founder, who he was, what he taught, what he actually did, and even read his own words.
Not only is it liberating to be free of the lies that have been used to terrify humanity for almost two thousand years, it is liberating to know that such a man as Julius Caesar existed: a man who can stand today as a role model for the people, the poor, the downtrodden, and that despite the hatred of the wealthy elite such as Cicero and Cato, his acts were so magnificent and well-known that even they could not cover them up"

.... And, in light of JC taking life, this session is important to sink in:

Session 12 July 2014

(Perceval) Did Caesar himself ever kill anyone?

A: Many, certainly.

Q: (Perceval) So, given the times around then being very war-like, with a lot of fighting and death going on in general... and with some kind of a Great Soul at the time coming down and... it doesn't necessarily have to be a peacemaker kissing people's feet like Jesus... But is there some thing like what we would understand as a prohibition against killing other people as a requirement for being "spiritually evolved"

A: That idea is for the most part an exaggerated human philosophical construct.

Q: (L) So the idea that...

(Perceval) That to be good, thou shalt not kill...

(Atriedes) But which religion does that come from? The most killingest religion on the planet!

(Perceval) It does seem to... Killing another human being for a normal human being does seem to be quite a traumatic thing.

(Atriedes) It's socially inculcated.

(Perceval) I doubt it. I mean, for soldiers, they come back with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, they're trained to kill, and they want to kill themselves afterwards, ya know? They can't handle the fact that they...

(Pierre) Maybe the difference is that Caesar was aware of the very fundamental reason why he was killing...

A: Caesar intended to eliminate or vastly reduce killing. He knew what he was up against.

To know to commit and when to kill as a probable necessity may be our greatest 3D lesson and test yet to come - and to each become mini-Caesars to help recover the Earth those staying behind.

Back
Top Bottom