49 victims in shootings at 2 New Zealand mosques

There happened two shootings in New Zealand at two mosques. It is reported that 49 people died and that 4 suspects are in custody.

New Zealand police have defused several improvised explosive devices found attached to vehicles in Christchurch following mass shootings at two mosques that left 49 people dead.

The shooter entered the Masjid Al Noor mosque 10 minutes after prayers began and let off “dozens, if not hundreds of rounds,” witness Ahmad al-Mahmoud told New Zealand outlet Stuff. He described the man as white-skinned, blond, short, and wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest.

A second shooting took place at Linwood Masjid, where a witness says they saw a man leave the mosque wearing camouflage gear and a motorcycle helmet, while unconfirmed reports indicate a bomb was found on nearby Strickland Ave.

A Muslim local reportedly chased the gunmen off from the Linwood mosque, firing two shots at them as they drove off.

Four suspects are currently in custody, including one woman, and public facilities remain on lockdown while police are urging mosques elsewhere in New Zealand to close their doors for the remainder of the day. One of those detained has been confirmed to be an Australian citizen.
PM Ardern has confirmed that none of the suspects were on security watch lists.

I want to ask anyone who was thinking of going to a mosque anywhere in New Zealand today, not to go,” commissioner Mike Bush said.

A crisis meeting of national security agencies is underway at the Wellington headquarters of the New Zealand national police.
Officers cleared buildings near the mosques, while Christchurch schools have been placed on lockdown. Another witness said he saw “a man in handcuffs being led away by police.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed 49 people have been killed and over 20 injured.

A text sent by the Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand reportedly said 50 people were shot during Friday prayers.
Twenty emergency vehicles are on the scene, and six people have reportedly been taken to the hospital, with two in serious condition.
"It is clear that this is one of New Zealand's darkest days," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said in a press conference.

Footage has emerged of police ramming a vehicle and arresting a shooter.

One of the shooters, believed to be a 28-year-old Australian man, livestreamed the attack on Facebook, according to local media, and penned a lengthy manifesto characterizing the shooting as a “terrorist attack.”

The attack resulted in the highest death toll from gun violence in the nation’s recent history.

New Zealand’s three largest internet providers, Spark, Vodafone and Vocus, have announced they are blocking customers’ access to three websites located outside the country that are still hosting the livestream of one shooter’s rampage, an unprecedented restrictive measure Spark spokesman Andrew Pirie called “the responsible thing for the industry to do.”

That's totally crazy. This most be one of those times in which there's something 'in the air', cause there was a school shooting two days ago in a school in Sao Paulo, Brazil, with some 10 people dead, mostly students. That was two shooters, and the one in NZ was at least 2 shooters too, apparently, so in that respect they are 'atypical' (not the usual 'lonely wolf').

On the same day of the Brazil shooting, a school in Nigeria collapsed with around 100 children inside.

An oil container in Venezuela exploded; the government says it was an 'attack'. Yesterday, a gas pipeline exploded in Iran.

Also, Israel bombed 100 objectives in Gaza last night.

I heard this just earlier this afternoon, the article is up on SOTT too. This is just so cowardly and devastating, my heart goes out to all the people that were there and my deepest condolences to the families of the victims. From what I can gather, the suspect has been arrested but was not on any watch list, and yeah you are right Windmill Knight, it doesn’t seem to have the same lone gunman usual BS narrative to it. Not yet anyway, I’m sure the spin doctors aren’t far away though. Not too sure about the gun laws in NZ, but how was he able to procure such an arsenal of weapons? Military connections? Greenbaumed?

I heard this just earlier this afternoon, the article is up on SOTT too. This is just so cowardly and devastating, my heart goes out to all the people that were there and my deepest condolences to the families of the victims. From what I can gather, the suspect has been arrested but was not on any watch list, and yeah you are right Windmill Knight, it doesn’t seem to have the same lone gunman usual BS narrative to it. Not yet anyway, I’m sure the spin doctors aren’t far away though. Not too sure about the gun laws in NZ, but how was he able to procure such an arsenal of weapons? Military connections? Greenbaumed?

The versions I've read in Spanish seem to start focusing on the one shooter who apparently video-streamed the act via FB, so maybe later they'll say it was just him. But the version that Gawan posted above suggests at least two; one described as wearing a bullet proof vest and the other camouflage gear, seen in the other mosque. The FB shooter at some point of the stream pointed the camera towards him and he's wearing black - not camouflage.

5c8b622d08f3d9b8228b4568.jpg

Also, it's not clear to me the timeline - could the same guy have gone to one mosque and then the other? Or were the attacks simultaneous? We also still don't know who the four detained suspects were or why they were arrested.

Mass casualty shootings like Christchurch are both extremely sad and disturbing, and have become almost commonplace in Western nations, the direct result of the 17- year long US 'war on terror'. Until now, NZ has been viewed by many Europeans and Americans as a 'safe haven' - a beautiful little slice of 'the West' without any of social chaos. That illusion has now been shattered. No one will be allowed to "escape".

Details about who was involved are still being sorted out, but it's very likely there was more than one shooter given the numbers of dead and injured and the fact that the shooting happened at two mosques 5kms apart at almost the same time (1.45 -1.50pm local time). Many such shootings involve initial reports of more than one shooter only to later to be reduced to a 'lone wolf'.

Here's one example of a report of multiple people involved at the al-noor mosque:

"A woman told the Christchurch Star she lay in her car near the mosque as four to five men came running towards her.
She was unsure if they were gunmen. Moments earlier she heard what she thought was gunfire.
"When the noise got louder I saw four or five men running. I put my seat down and lay down so they wouldn't see me."

A report from the Linwood mosque:

"A well known Muslim local chased the shooters and fired two shots at them as they sped off.
He was heard telling police officers he was firing in "self defence".
"They were in a silver Subaru," he told police."

In addition, at least one person appears to have been shot at a third location, in the Papanui area of Christchurch, about 6kms from both Mosques.

Christchurch mosque massacre: 49 confirmed dead in shootings; four arrested - three men, one woman

The versions I've read in Spanish seem to start focusing on the one shooter who apparently video-streamed the act via FB,
so maybe later they'll say it was just him. But the version that Gawan posted above suggests at least two; one described as wearing a bullet proof vest and the other camouflage gear, seen in the other mosque. The FB shooter at some point of the stream pointed the camera towards him and he's wearing black - not camouflage.

Harrowing first-person footage, apparently from a camera worn by a gunman as he attacked the Al Noor Mosque in the center of the city, was streamed on Facebook, a grim development in terrorism that raised questions about the ability of global tech companies to block violent content from spreading around the world.

March 14, 2019 - Christchurch Mosque Shootings Were Partly Streamed on Facebook

Christchurch Mosque Shootings Were Partly Streamed on Facebook
Shooting at Al Noor Mosque
A 17-minute live video posted to social media appears to show the shooting at Al Noor Mosque, one of two shootings on Friday. The clip, which begins behind the wheel of a car, may have been taken from a helmet camera worn by a gunman.

mosque1-720.jpg

The video shows him driving away six minutes after the first shot. The gunman parked in the alley next to the mosque, according to his live video.
Deans Avenue - He opened fire at Al Noor Mosque.
South Hagley Park - Resumed firing outside the mosque Re-entered mosque and began firing Shot a bystander.
First shot fired - Parked - Exited mosque - Left mosque - Drove away - Got new gun from his car 1 minute later.
The gunman’s live video shows him driving away six minutes after the first shot.

The shootings were first reported at about 1:40 p.m., around the time of the midday Friday prayer, when the Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Mosque, about three miles east, would be most busy. Minutes earlier the manifesto appeared online.

The document named both mosques, and links to it were posted on Twitter and 8chan, an online forum known for hosting message boards with extremist right-wing discussions. The 8chan post included a link to what appeared to be the gunman’s Facebook page, where he said he would soon broadcast live video of the attack.

The video of the attack, which appeared to be recorded on a helmet camera, showed the gunman driving to the mosque and then opening fire even before he entered the building. For nearly two minutes, he shoots at fleeing worshipers before he leaves, runs back to his car and swaps weapons.

He then is seen re-entering the mosque and opening fire again, methodically moving from room to room and shooting into piles of bodies slumped on the green carpets. Several victims can be seen in the footage, many lying on top of one another motionless in a corner of the room.

After another few minutes, he leaves again, gets in his vehicle and drives away, pausing occasionally to fire at pedestrians and talking to himself throughout. “There wasn’t even time to aim, there was so many targets,” he says at one point.

The police in New Zealand said they were working to remove the video from the internet and urged people not to share it.

Facebook said it was alerted by the police shortly after the livestream started. “We quickly removed both the shooter’s Facebook and Instagram accounts and the video,” Mia Garlick, a Facebook representative, said in a statement. “We’re also removing any praise or support for the crime and the shooter or shooters as soon as we’re aware.”

New Zealand mosque attacker's plan began and ended online
Online accounts linked to gun attacks that killed 49 people and wounded at least 20 at two New Zealand mosques on Friday had in recent days circulated white supremacist imagery and extreme right-wing messages celebrating violence against Muslims and minorities on social media and message boards.

Awfully convenient that he left his entire manifesto online, and live streamed the event so he can be pointed to as evidence of evil white men being a danger to society.I'd bet money on him being a greenbaum type.He picked one of the most quiet and peaceful countries on the planet to carry out one of the most public terrorist acts to date.Hell he even played ''meme music'' during the live stream (alt right trolls are a danger to society,haven't you heard?).

Maybe I'm just paranoid and he really is just a nutter blowing his top,but this didn't happen in Germany or France or Italy or England,hell it didn't even happen in Melbourne where the muslim migrants are actually causing problems.Yet this Australian man chose to shoot up a quiet place in Kiwi land. Maybe somebody there wants stricter gun laws and this is New Zealand's Port Arthur? It reminds me of the (fairly recent) school shooting in america that was later used for anti gun rhetoric.

And again,the race/religion angle.He takes legitimate points from people like Mark Collette and Jared Taylor and put them all in a nice,neat little package full of sound bites that the media can run for weeks on end.This creates a mental heuristic where anyone that points out media or societal bias against whites are automatically filed under ''right wing terrorist''.

It's all so evil and so banal.

What we know about the New Zealand mosque shootings and what comes next
Police found two explosive devices attached to the suspects’ vehicles, which have since been disarmed.

Cricket: Bangladesh team narrowly avoid mosque shooting, test called off
The Bangladesh cricket team narrowly avoided being caught up in a shooting at a mosque in Christchurch on Friday that left 30 dead and forced the cancellation of a test match against hosts New Zealand.

Some 48 patients with gunshot wounds being treated in New Zealand hospital
Some 48 people, including children, are being treated in Christchurch Hospital after shootings at two mosques in the city on Friday, New Zealand health authorities said.

New Zealand police detain four after mosque shootings
New Zealand police detained four people on Friday after mass shootings at two mosques in the city of Christchurch.

Social media platforms say they are taking action to remove NZ shooting content
Social media platforms Facebook and Twitter said on Friday they would take down content involving mass shootings at two New Zealand mosques that killed at least 49 people and wounded more than 20.

Mosque shooting erodes New Zealand reputation for safety, tolerance
A deadly mass shooting at two mosques in New Zealand during Friday prayers has horrified residents of the South Pacific nation known for its low levels of gun violence and a reputation for tolerance and safety.

France steps up security near religious sites after New Zealand attacks
French authorities have stepped up security measures near religious sites after deadly attacks against two mosques in New Zealand left 49 people dead, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said on Friday.

(Note: this incident happened a day earlier ...)

Attack on government minister walking to work shocks New Zealanders
New Zealand Climate Change Minister James Shaw speaks to students during the global school strike for action on climate change outside New Zealand's parliament in Wellington, New Zealand, March 15, 2019. AAP Image/Boris Jancic/via REUTERS

New Zealanders have expressed shock after a government minister was punched in the face while walking to work, a rare attack in a country where politicians mingle freely with the public with no security cover.

Well that's very interesting. The "Christchurch New Zealand" massacre is something that Laura mistakenly talked about in the K&B videos, actually meaning the Port Arthur Massacre.

Now in 2019 we have an actual Christchurch mass shooting.

I wonder can't help but wonder if the independent stance taken by New Zealand recently concerning the situation in Venezuela has any bearing on the matter? Perhaps the attack is an 'encouragement' to get on board with the western program? See the veiled threats by Mike Pompeo below:

New Zealand praised for refusing to back Venezuela's interim president Juan Guaidó
Winston Peters' refusal to back our allies in supporting Venezuela's interim president has caught the world's attention, with many hailing the decision.

Last week, opposition leader Juan Guaidó declared himself Venezuela's interim president in an intense acceleration of efforts to force out Nicolás Maduro, who has overseen the country fall into an economic crisis.

While Mr Guaidó quickly gained the support of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and even Australia, New Zealand has chosen not to take a side in the leadership debate, instead remaining neutral.

"It is not New Zealand's practice to make statements of recognition of governments," Foreign Minister Winston Peters said on Monday.

"Venezuela needs to decide its future through free and fair elections. This Government expressed concerns about Venezuela's elections in 2018, and these concerns remain."

Mr Peters' statement was picked up by world media, with The Guardian's article on New Zealand's refusal to back Mr Guaidó among its most viewed stories on Tuesday.

"One again (sic), NZ demonstrates it has an independent foreign policy and is not a US puppet. It's a pity Australia hasn't got the confidence to do likewise," wrote another.

But not everyone was in favour of New Zealand's decision.

"It's way past time for New Zealand to follow our allies as well as Latin American democracies in recognising Juan Guaidó as interim president of Venezuela, as well as joining diplomatic and economic efforts to remove the vile Maduro regime."

Mr Peters said last year he was "extremely concerned" about "the continuing erosion of democratic norms and institutions" in Venezuela, following widespread reports of corruption.

He urged the Venezuelan government to "respect democratic norms and institutions" and protect the human rights of its citizens.

Mr Maduro is backed by Russia, China, Cuba, Bolivia and Turkey, and he retains the support of Venezuela's military.
The US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has urged countries to "pick a side", last week calling on the United Nations to back Mr Guaidó and for free and fair elections as soon as possible.

"Now it is time for every other nation to pick a side. No more delays, no more games. Either you stand with the forces of freedom, or you're in league with Mr Maduro and his mayhem," he said.

Mr Pompeo accused Russia and China of "propping up a failed regime in the hopes of recovering billions of dollars in ill-considered investments and assistance made over the years".

Venezuela is oil-rich, but hyperinflation has rendered the country's currency, the bolivar, practically worthless.

Taking to social media, many praised New Zealand for not taking a side.

"I feel like NZ has the most enlightened leadership in the world right now. Good on you guys!" one person said on Twitter.
[/QUOTE]

Awfully convenient that he left his entire manifesto online, and live streamed the event so he can be pointed to as evidence of evil white men being a danger to society.I'd bet money on him being a greenbaum type.He picked one of the most quiet and peaceful countries on the planet to carry out one of the most public terrorist acts to date.Hell he even played ''meme music'' during the live stream (alt right trolls are a danger to society,haven't you heard?).

Maybe I'm just paranoid and he really is just a nutter blowing his top,but this didn't happen in Germany or France or Italy or England,hell it didn't even happen in Melbourne where the muslim migrants are actually causing problems.Yet this Australian man chose to shoot up a quiet place in Kiwi land. Maybe somebody there wants stricter gun laws and this is New Zealand's Port Arthur? It reminds me of the (fairly recent) school shooting in america that was later used for anti gun rhetoric.

And again,the race/religion angle.He takes legitimate points from people like Mark Collette and Jared Taylor and put them all in a nice,neat little package full of sound bites that the media can run for weeks on end.This creates a mental heuristic where anyone that points out media or societal bias against whites are automatically filed under ''right wing terrorist''.

It's all so evil and so banal.

Greenbaum or somebody who lost it, I think that from the perspective of the PTB it doesn't really matter, as either way they can still use the incident to push their agenda.

Well that's very interesting. The "Christchurch New Zealand" massacre is something that Laura mistakenly talked about in the K&B videos, actually meaning the Port Arthur Massacre.

Now in 2019 we have an actual Christchurch mass shooting.

Yep, definitely an eerie coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom