The Carnivore Diet

I wasn’t sure where to post it but just a side note on the longer term effects of some the amazing things we learn here. I am still eating mostly carnivore in my everyday life (6 months now). And for the occasions we have guests or I am visiting somewhere I now try to be as low in carbs and oxalates as possible (including the occasional cookie). The positive effects are so convincing that it doesn’t feel like punishing myself.

About three months ago I started taking the Quinton Isotonic every evening which was really helpful with my sleep. Fast forward two months I switched to taking Quinton Hypertonic every morning as I am always very tired in the mornings come Spring. I feel much better this year. I have a good energy level throughout the day and I seem to need less coffee. Over the last two weeks, I noticed another change, I haven’t had a NeurOptimal session in over six months and around February I felt it was time for another brain fry to avoid getting back into my inner feeling of being overwhelmed by what’s on the list of things to do. But right now, since I switched to the Hypertonic I actually feel as balanced as after regular NeurOptimal sessions. I find it easier to focus on and balance the different tasks and projects at hand.

I've done 3 weeks of dry intermittent fasting + carnivore diet.

This diet makes it so easy to fast, that after the 5 recommended days, I wanted to continue. I take breakfast at 8 AM, then 2 or 3 PM, then nothing (neither drinking, no water). So, it's been 3 weeks now. it seems to be suited to me, as I'm fed up eating. We spend time at eating, cooking, go to shopping. I'm fed up!
So as to results: nothing! no good effect, neither bad ones. I even feel a bit depressed, I don't know if it's a side effect, if it's a lack of chocolate (as it is said to give good mood), if it's demotivation because I see no effect of diet, hydrotomy, AHT (15 sessions), Quinton, neuroptimal (80 sessions), vitamines, tanning at the sun (i have this chance to have plenty of sun). I even gave up coldtherapy (no effect despite torture).
So, I'm surprised when I see people reporting good effects.
Or there's something in my body that obstructs something?

I what to touch base with people that know Keto foods to give me the good and/or bad of a new mix for a mocha cappuccino drink. I anm new to this kind of diet, but have done singular one before and seem to be very responsive by my drastic weight loose when I endured it for two weeks, but by piecing together from the forums; I think this would be a possible enjoyable drink for those that are looking for a choice of different food to use on their quest to become carb-free (or very low carb diet),
Below is my recipe for a mocha cappuccino Coffee drink:
I have a drip coffee machine with a frothier:
Start with 3 table spoons of Organic coffee beans of your choice (for this I used Ground Coffee).
Add to you mug these other ingredients before starting the heated drip process:
1-2 tablespoons Coconut oil (it is solid in its form at this time).
Add two grams of pure L-Lysine HCL (SPLC) non-GMO
6 drops of Lugol’s Solution 2%
2-3 drops of concentrated Vitamin D3/K2
3 x 45 mg of pure organic Stevia Extract.
I-2 teaspoons of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
You can also add, if you have these:
500 mg Magnesium complex, 200 mg Selenium, 2,800 mg of Liposomal Vitamin C

Begin the drip process.

For the froth, I do the following:
2 teaspoons of Coconut oil.
2-3 oz of coconut milk.
1-2 x 45 mg Stevia.
Put in the microwave for 30 sec. or heat it with other methods. Stir the froth topping.
Froth the warm mixture (you can add a little bit of cocoa (1/2 teaspoon during the heating process you you should desire).
When the drip process is complete, stir the mixture.

Add the froth mixture to the coffee base, stirring as you add it slowly. Finish it by topping it with the remaining froth.
(You can do you design here with the cocoa).

To me it is very good. And I think it can meet the Keto requirements of no sugar or carbs of any type.
I am going to test my Keto level after drinking it along with my glucose level; to make sure that I stay in Ketosis.
(I just purchased a Keto Mojo meter, but have not yet made measurements yet).
I usually have scramble eggs with this drink scrambled with almond or Coconut milk. (Cooking it with Olive oil while cooking the eggs).

Any suggestions? or should the be burned in failure?
Any feedback would be very appreciated!

Found this very interesting video on LDL-Cholesterol on a low carb diet. Feeling pretty darn good about my high LDL-Cholesterol.:cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J'ai trouvé ça sur Facebook : Skráðu þig inn á Facebook | Facebook
Hedi Alaya
Admin · 6 janvier
A LIRE POUR LES NOUVEAUX
//Qu’est ce que la diète carnivore ?//
La diète carnivore - comme son nom l’indique - est une diète qui se focalise sur les produits alimentaires d’origine animale comme seule source d’apport calorique.
Le but premier de cette diète est d’éliminer les aliments de source végétale à savoir :
- les tubercules (pomme de terre, patates douces etc..)
- les racines (carotte, radis etc... )
- les feuilles (salades, épinards etc...)
- les tiges (brocoli, céleri etc... )
- les fruits (pommes, tomates etc…)
- les noix (amandes, pecan etc...)
- les légumineuses (cacahuètes, haricots etc...)
Il n’y pas qu’une seule façon d’aborder la diète carnivore.
les aliments encouragés sont:
- la viande rouge
- les poissons
- les fruits de mer
- le porc
- la volaille
- les oeufs (en petite quantité car allergène pour beaucoup de personnes )
Le miel est un aliment d’origine animale interdit par la diète car composé essentiellement de sucre (à introduire dans la diète plus tard pour ceux qui le souhaitent).
Le viandes séchées sont acceptées par la diète ainsi que le fromage (ne contenant plus de lactose). Le lait quant à lui contient une quantité considérable de glucides et doit être consommé avec modération pour les tolérants.
Les épices sont tolérées (ne sont pas recommandés).
Le café et le thé aussi (ne sont pas recommandés).
Autres synonymes de la diète carnivore est la diète zéro glucides ou zero carb en anglais (ZC)
//Pourquoi une diète carnivore ?//
Deux principales raisons sont proposées:
- Une diète carnivore maximise les apports nutritionnels pour l’homme.
- Une diète carnivore minimise les apports en pesticides et insecticides présents naturellement dans les plantes.
Je m’explique:
L’idée axiomatique de la diète est la suivante.
Les plantes se protègent contre la prédation en produisant des pesticides et des insecticides naturels. Ces agents nocifs s’attaquent aux insectes mais également aux animaux herbivores qui au contraire de nous ont une bonne capacité de se débarrasser de ces agents (via fermentation par des bactéries dans le tube digestif).
L’examen de plusieurs plantes présentes dans la nature et domestiquées présente des substances cancérigènes à forte dose aux rats. (et à nous également très potentiellement, je vous invite à vous informer en ligne sur ce point.) Parmi ces agents on nomme les tannins, les lectines, les glutens, les oxalates etc… (la liste est longue).
D’autre part, une étude des apports nutritionnels qu’apporte la viande rouge par rapporte à une quantité équivalente en calories en broccoli montre que la viande apporte une meilleure qualité ainsi qu’une meilleure quantité de la nutrition nécessaire. Sauf pour la vitamine C. (je vous invite à vous informer sur internet également)
Il existe une longue liste de nutriments essentiels à l’homme qui ne sont obtenables qu’en forme animale. Notamment, le rétinol, les CoQ10 et j’en passe.
//Quels sont les avantages d’une diète carnivore ?//
Les personnes qui suivent une diète carnivore pendant un certain nombre de mois constatent les avantages suivant:
- Une meilleur gestion de la faim car la diète permet d’être rassasié assez rapidement.
- Un soulagement du système immunitaire et disparition de quelques symptômes pour les plus vulnérables.
- Une meilleure condition physique due à une baisse de la masse graisseuse ou une hausse de la masse musculaire.
- Une meilleure stabilité émotionnelle due en partie à l’absence de sucre et à l’absence d’agents toxiques en provenance des plantes.
- La diète est assez pratique car plus besoin de compter les calories ou de faire attention aux grammes de glucides. De plus, la préparation des plats est simple.
//Quels sont les désavantages de la diète carnivore ?//
- Un désavantage à la diète qui revient souvent c’est qu’elle impose quelques limitations sociales vu la restriction. En adoptant cette diète on adopte un certain mode de vie, parfois en conflit avec les activités sociales souvent tournées vers les repas et la table.
- Un manque potentiel de vitamine C à très long terme (facilement remédiable par de la vit C synthétique.)
- Cette diète peut coûter plus cher au départ selon les préférences de chacun en termes de viandes.
- Finalement, le processus d’adaptation à une diète carnivore sera plus facile que celui pour revenir en arrière.
//Comment s’adapter à la diète carnivore ?//
Comme pour la diète cétogène, il vous faudra une période d’adaptation de quelques semaines.
Pendant cette période, votre corps apprend à utiliser la graisse comme source principale d'énergie.
La période d’adaptation dure rarement plus de 4 semaines. Pendant cette période il faut faire attention à :
- augmenter vos apports en électrolytes notamment pour le magnésium et le sodium
- ne pas faire beaucoup d’efforts.
- boire de l’eau uniquement que lorsqu'on a soif.
Tout revient à la normale après cette période d’adaptation.

I found this on Facebook: Skráðu þig inn á Facebook | Facebook

Hedi Alaya
Admin - January 6
TO BE READ FOR THE NEW ONES

//What is the carnivorous diet? //

The carnivorous diet - as its name suggests - is a diet that focuses on food products of animal origin as the only source of calories.
The primary goal of this diet is to eliminate foods from plant sources, namely:
- tubers (potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- roots (carrot, radish etc...)
- leaves (salads, spinach, etc.)
- stalks (broccoli, celery, etc.)
- fruits (apples, tomatoes etc...)
- nuts (almonds, pecan etc...)
- legumes (peanuts, beans, etc.)
There is no single way to approach the carnivorous diet.
the foods encouraged are:
- red meat
- fishes
- seafood products
- pork
- poultry
- eggs (in small quantities because they are allergenic for many people)

Honey is a food of animal origin prohibited by the diet because it is essentially composed of sugar (to be introduced into the diet later for those who wish to do so).

Dried meats are accepted by the diet as well as cheese (no longer containing lactose). Milk contains a considerable amount of carbohydrates and should be consumed in moderation for tolerants.

Spices are tolerated (not recommended).
Coffee and tea are also available (not recommended).

Other synonyms for the carnivorous diet are zero carbohydrates or zero carb (ZC)

//Why a carnivorous diet? //

Two main reasons are proposed:
- A carnivorous diet maximizes nutritional intake for humans.
- A carnivorous diet minimizes the intake of pesticides and insecticides naturally present in plants.

Let me explain:
The axiomatic idea of the diet is as follows.

Plants protect themselves against predation by producing natural pesticides and insecticides. These harmful agents attack insects but also herbivorous animals which, on the contrary, have a good ability to get rid of these agents (via fermentation by bacteria in the digestive tract).

The examination of several plants present in nature and domesticated presents carcinogenic substances at high doses to rats. (and to us also very potentially, I invite you to inform yourself online on this point.) Among these agents are tannins, lectins, glutens, oxalates etc. (the list is long).

On the other hand, a study of the nutritional intakes of red meat compared to an equivalent amount of calories in broccoli shows that meat provides a better quality and a better quantity of the necessary nutrition. Except for vitamin C. (I invite you to inform yourself on the internet as well)

There is a long list of nutrients essential to humans that are only available in animal form. In particular, retinol, CoQ10s and so on.

//What are the benefits of a carnivorous diet?

People who follow a carnivorous diet for a number of months experience the following benefits:
- A better management of hunger because the diet allows you to be satisfied fairly quickly.
- A relief of the immune system and the disappearance of some symptoms for the most vulnerable.
- A better physical condition due to a decrease in fat mass or an increase in muscle mass.
- Better emotional stability due in part to the absence of sugar and the absence of toxic agents from plants.
- The diet is quite practical because there is no need to count calories or pay attention to grams of carbohydrates. Moreover, the preparation of the dishes is simple.

//What are the disadvantages of the carnivorous diet? //

- A disadvantage of the diet that often comes back is that it imposes some social limitations given the restriction. By adopting this diet, we adopt a certain lifestyle, sometimes in conflict with social activities often oriented towards meals and the table.
- A potential lack of vitamin C in the very long term (easily remedied by synthetic vitamin C.)
- This diet can be more expensive to start with depending on individual meat preferences.
- Finally, the process of adapting to a carnivorous diet will be easier than the process of going back.

//How to adapt to the carnivorous diet? //

As with the ketogenic diet, you will need a few weeks of adjustment.
During this time, your body learns to use fat as its main source of energy.
The adaptation period rarely lasts more than 4 weeks. During this period it is necessary to pay attention to:
- increase your electrolyte intake, especially for magnesium and sodium
- not to make much effort.
- drink water only when you are thirsty.
Everything is back to normal after this adjustment period.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I've always had a bit of trouble sticking to the Ketogenic diet although the benefits were amazing.

I'm currently a week into the Carnivore diet, and thanks to all the information here which ultimately motivated me to take the plunge, I'm just reporting in to say how happy and grateful I am. I went cold turkey into the transition (was very easy because I love meat) and didn't even feel any ketoflu like symptoms, my cravings for an occasional cookie or fruits came, but just took a walk when it hit me and they went away pretty quickly too. (Hits hard at nights like usual)

It's one thing when you read all the positive notes of it, but when you go through the experience your self, It really is rejuvenating on your digestive system and love how much time is saved due to easy meal prep & minimal cleanup. Plus very easy on your wallet when going grocery shopping. One thing I love is drinking tea, and drinking just water is the only part that I'm really trying to get adjusted to.

Will report back on my journey as time progresses and how this diet benefits with meditation and my spirituality.

I've had some issues come up and wanted to explain my thinking process to see if others agree or if I'm on the wrong track. About 2 months ago, I had an itchy rash develop mostly on my face, ears and chest. I first tried a practical approach, testing any environmental factors such as scented laundry detergent, soap I was using or cosmetics, but it persisted. Around that time, I started looking at Keyhole's research on oxalates. (thank you, Keyhole, I had no idea the paleo diet I was on for years was probably poisoning me) It makes sense to me that I would have an oxalate problem and going carnivore would bring it out. I had a hard time adapting in the beginning to this diet, digestion wise, and think perhaps it was "oxalate dumping." I started eating vegetables again and sure enough the rash went away.

The main reason I started the diet was to balance out my hormones, because I was experiencing perimenopause symptoms. My cycle went back to normal while I was carnivore and the hot flashes I was experiencing went away. Now that I am eating a more LCHF diet, I'm back to missed cycles and hot flashes. I thought perhaps my issue might be PCOS as I was diagnosed with that as a teenager, but it resolved itself once I had children. With that in mind, I started looking at Dr. Jason Fung's work on fasting and his associate Megan Ramos as she resolved her PCOS with fasting. I've been doing 24 hour fasts about 4-5 times a week now for about 6 weeks. I've lost weight which is a good thing for me and feel good with this protocol, but I doubt PCOS was my issue unless I just haven't given fasting enough time yet. I guess I could just resign myself to the fact that I am at a certain age and menopause is inevitable, but it is interesting to me that my cycle would be normal while only eating meat. I'm not sure why this would be the case, but right now, I think I will continue with the fasting and try to maintain a lower oxalate diet.

I've done 3 weeks of dry intermittent fasting + carnivore diet.

This diet makes it so easy to fast, that after the 5 recommended days, I wanted to continue. I take breakfast at 8 AM, then 2 or 3 PM, then nothing (neither drinking, no water). So, it's been 3 weeks now. it seems to be suited to me, as I'm fed up eating. We spend time at eating, cooking, go to shopping. I'm fed up!
So as to results: nothing! no good effect, neither bad ones. I even feel a bit depressed, I don't know if it's a side effect, if it's a lack of chocolate (as it is said to give good mood), if it's demotivation because I see no effect of diet, hydrotomy, AHT (15 sessions), Quinton, neuroptimal (80 sessions), vitamines, tanning at the sun (i have this chance to have plenty of sun). I even gave up coldtherapy (no effect despite torture).
So, I'm surprised when I see people reporting good effects.
Or there's something in my body that obstructs something?
What effect are you looking for? Are there health issues or discomfort that are not being alleviated? If so, I'd give it more time. If you're generally healthy then the effects are probably more subtle. Also, 3 weeks is a very short time - I'd give it a few months and see. But I wouldn't expect dramatic changes if you already feel fine - you'll just keep feeling fine, just somewhat enhanced version of it.

Here are some benefits for already healthy people that I've seen reported often:

More energy throughout the day
Mental clarity improves
Meal frequency naturally drops so effortless Intermittent Fasting and its benefits
Naturally in ketosis a lot of the time, which has its own benefits
Nutrition/bloodwork improves as anti-nutrients are not consumed anymore
Resistance to sunburns, pain, and burns in general because of the omega 3/6 ratio improving.
Lower body fat and increased muscle mass
Resistance to bacterial/viral infections - no more flu season
Resistance to "diseases of civilization" as you age

These can be more or less subtle depending on how you were already doing and feeling. So basically you'd feel fine, the way fine should be anyway! Now, if you have a problem to heal, you'd have a more acute metric to see what the diet will do, I'd think.

I agree to give it more time.
I have several chronic issues for which I'm aware that diet alone will not suffice.
I also have cold hands and feet (even in spring), but I think that for this issue i have to add photobiomodulation. I thought that it would have been alleviated after 2 years of coldtherapy, but no effect have been gained. I even had skin necrosis on 3 of my toes after a cold shower. The necrosis was not large in size, so it dissapeared after 8 months of daily sun tanning (I had a little red ampoule when it was not sunny).

I have other issues that I thought would be alleviated with carnivore+ dry intermittent fasting (DIF): fatigue, brain fog, attention, memory loss. At the contrary, I feel less energized (I think there is something in my body that consumes lots of energy) and a bit depressed.

On the other hand, what I've noted good with my new diet: no body odor, less diarrhea (it is even completely resolved when it's strictly carnivore but comes back as soon as I eat a bit of chocolate or keto crackers, even homemade).
Another advantage: it has reduced my time spent for cooking. When I was on keto, I spent a high amount of my time at the kitchen because everything was homemade (cakes, chocolates, various meals). Now I continue cooking carbs for my daughter who doesn't do the diet, but less, as i also buy "normal" (not homemade) stuff for her. So, overall I spend less time in the kitchen.

The DIF with only 2 carnivore meals/day (no snaks) has become my routine (I do it permanently since 6 weeks now), as it's not fifficult for me (aside some cravings like cocoa) and suits to my opinion that we humans eat too much.

Well, it would be interesting to see some science that supports this diet. Dr. Greger, the guy who founded nutritionfacts.org and has read thousands of scientific papers on nutrition, says that a plant-based diet is ideal for optimum human health. It would seem that the positive effects some people are experiencing on the carnivore diet come from the fact that the diet itself eliminates other substances that caused harm to their digestive systems in the past (e.g. processed foods etc.). The same effects would be seen on most other mono diets.

I have a little problem with the carnivore diet. To me it is a little bit of overconsumption of proteins. As far I as understand the proper diet, the body can produce energy mostly either from carbs or from ketons. The proteins are used for building your cells and for enzyme production. The proteins can be used for the energy generation, but the underlaying biochemical process is very complicated and the body will switch to it only if it has neither carbs nor ketons available for the energy generation. As far as I remember, the Inuits and other hunter-gatherer tribes have a very high fat diet (somewhere between 50-60%). So, for me, eating lean beef is not providing enough saturated fats to your body and overconsuming proteins. So, I mostly eat meat (pork being my favorite), but I eat it with copious amount of fat. The pork I buy locally has 50% fat in it (or more) and I often cook (fry? bake?) bacon (also very fat) in the oven. I am simply not able to only eat lean beef in any great amount, unless it swims in lard or other fat I add to it. So, for me, the carnivore diet may work for some time quite OK, but eventually you need to add some saturated animal fat, which is the the main (?) source of vitamine B. In fact, I feel the best when I eat lots of fat and moderate (around 30%) amount of meat and SKIP vegetables entirely. When I eat vegetables, I try to eat them as seperate meal for dinner (around 18:00) and not mix them into my lunch, but I eat veggies only once or twice a week at most and I add lots of animal fat to the salad. If I eat veggies without the fat, my digestion is always impacted negatively, especially the intestines.

Just my 3 cents...I may be wrong on some points, so feel free to point it out.

I agree with you, Obi. Unlimited meat with only a small amount of fat isn't good. Some people seem to be able to get away with it but I tested it for myself and it caused carb cravings and weight gain (even without eating carbs). When I added additional fat those things stopped. For people who have a tendency towards insulin resistance eating all-you-can eat meat can be just like eating too many carbs. This is likely the reason that some people (most of them women, I've found) report being dissatisfied with the carny diet. They hope that lower fat will mean that they will use the fat on their bodies and lose weight but this is not necessarily true.

A carnivore diet may be good enough for some people but for others a more high fat keto-carnivore approach will yield better results with whatever health issues they may have.

I agree that eating a mainly-protein meal is a lot like eating carbs, it isn't satiating without a few big tablespoons of butter added on for good measure. Although because I'm trying to put on weight, haven't limited the amount of protein I eat. All I do is simply add a LOT of fat and eat both until I'm full. So far that seems to be working out better for me than a keto-version of the diet.

I'm not up to date with this thread but I did a quick search and this doesn't seem to have been posted yet. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

L. Amber O'Hearn has been posting videos from what looks like the first ever carnivore diet conference. Instead of embedding all the videos, here is the link to her youtube playlist CarnivoryCon19 and below is the list of speakers with direct links to the videos.

Shawn Baker, MD — “The Plural of Anecdote is Data: Lessons from N=many“
Peter J. Ballerstedt — “Reading the Environmental Hoofprints“
Miki Ben-Dor, PhD — “How Much Protein? The Evolutionary Answer“
Zsófia Clemens, PhD — “Intestinal Permeability in Autoimmune Diseases and Cancer: Measurement, Results, and Implications“
George M. Diggs, PhD — “Plant Defense Chemicals: The Dark Side of Food Plants“
Georgia Ede, MD — “The Brain Needs Meat: Mental Health Benefits of the Carnivore Diet”
Dave Feldman — “Reverse Engineering the Carnivore Diet“
Siobhan Huggins — “N=1 Field Guide: The Why of Citizen Science“
Nick Mailer — “The Tragedy of the Empathetic Carnivore“
Dr. Paul Mason — “From Lupus to Diabetes: How Your Diet Can Impact Autoimmune Diseases“
L. Amber O’Hearn — “Rethinking RDAs (Recommended Daily Allowances)“
Mikhaila Peterson — “How to Use the Carnivore Diet to Treat Autoimmune Diseases“

Q&A 1
Q&A 2

CarnivoreCon website

I watched a few of them. Some familiar faces and there's a lot that will be old news to you but there is also a lot of good info. I particularly liked Georgia Ede's presentation.

Back
Top Bottom