What are you listening to?

Guitarist Ana Vidovic appeared in my YouTube-feed a few days ago, and I decided to have a listen...wow! I never heard of her, but apparently she started playing the (full sized) guitar at an early age, and now she's one of the top classical guitarists in the world. From what I can tell, her technique is flawless, and she has an extraordinary capability and feeling of phrasing and expression. These two were magical performances, IMO (the first one has over 27 million views!):

And here she plays on a full sized guitar as a child:

Any arabs/Muslims playing traditional cultural music forbidden by Islamists with a Martin guitar (and Fender electric) and a right handed Fender bass upside down for fun in spite of oppression is fine with me...it's even a little bluesy...I say get down...:rockon:

Tinariwen

Because I love the guitar and I am always looking for new artists I think this is an inspiring example of young talent. It is kind of short and sweet...Hallelujah to the Cosmic Mind (and kudos to Leonard Cohen) !!!

I rediscovered an old masterpiece today: Bim Sherman's aptly named "Miracle" album :love::

For me that was profound Adaryn. So much wisdom in there, kind of a "Miracle". It is direct for those who are looking and for those who are searching and are supposed to be where they are and what they see.

Thank you.

For me that was profound Adaryn. So much wisdom in there, kind of a "Miracle". It is direct for those who are looking and for those who are searching and are supposed to be where they are and what they see.
Thank you.

Glad you liked it, goyacobol! This artist (who died in 2000, at 50) is apparently, and sadly, not very well known. (Wiki) "Towards the end of his life, Bim Sherman took a whole new musical direction. He went to India and re-recorded his classic 70s roots tunes alongside a full Indian classical orchestra in Bombay, creating his masterpiece LP, the highly acclaimed Miracle. This opened Sherman up to an entire new audience and he seemed at last to be emerging from the reggae underworld".
I hope he eventually found the place he wanted to be - over the rainbow ;-)

Back
Top Bottom