The cause of diabetes, stroke, cancer, arthritis, alzheimers and more?

Thank you, LQB. That makes sens (removing the ill tooth).
Antibiotic are not enough, and their effect is transitory when they work, as the cause is not bacterial infection but a deficient tooth. Bacterias multiply (infection) because they attempt to get rid of the ill or dead tooth. When tooth is removed (naturally fall after infection or after decay) or artificially by dentist, it is at the cost of decreased energy in the body (meridian stuff).

Thus the importance of caring about our teeth (diet especially). If teeth become affected, then helping them to have the resources to heal themselves ie vit C, DMSO, iodine as Laura said. I would add magnesium pulling as magnesium is important in calcium balance.
Plus essential oils if infection is patent (inflammation, even abcess). without forgetting autohemotherapy.

I just use the water pic every day after brushing.

Same here. I ran across this video made by a dentist named David Kennedy a while ago that is relevant to this discussion:

I don't think he discusses P. gingivalis specifically but he talks about using a water pick to clean your mouth and gums to prevent these problems. I think his recipe for the water pick liquid is to use baking soda, salt and potassium iodide. Lugols iodine can stain the teeth but potassium iodide is a white powder so it should theoretically whiten the teeth (like a healthy version of sodium fluoride).

This is another one of his videos that discusses the solution he recommends for the waterpick and using iodine instead of fluoride:

I found a couple of other videos about how to use a waterpick and put them all together in a playlist:

Dental videos - YouTube

Lugols iodine can stain the teeth

So as it turns out I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about that, not sure why I got that in my head. I found a pretty good summary article:

HTML version
PDF version

That has lots of good info on using providone iodine as an oral antiseptic for a variety of conditions including:
  • Using it as a rinse to clean your mouth (what we've been discussing here)
  • Gargling with it up to 4 times per day to help with upper respiratory infections (ie flu, pneumonia, sinus infections, etc)
  • Treating oral mucositis (inflammation) caused by to cancer therapy (radiation, chemo)
  • Using it as a pre-treatment mouthwash before getting dental work done to keep the bad guys from getting into your bloodstream
The paper also discusses safety and has some recommendations for how much to use and how long to use it depending on your needs.

Circling back to the issue of staining, they say:
short‐term use of PVP‐I has not been shown to irritate healthy or diseased oral mucosa, or exhibit adverse effects, such as discoloration of teeth and tongue and change in taste
with a link to another source behind a pay wall.

I also found out that providone Iodine is a bit different than Lugol's and is absorbed into soft tissue (skin, gums, etc), which is why they prefer it as an antiseptic.

In summary, all of this suggests that Lugol's or providone iodine would be great to use for rinsing your mouth and gargling and it probably won't stain your teeth and this paper is worth a look if you want to use iodine as part of your dental hygiene routine.

I have been playing with this idea, and my thoughts follow:

I am skeptical of the notion that one bacteria, or a group of bacteria, are wholly responsible for chronic disease (or even those mentioned in this article). The populations on traditional diets studied by Weston A Price who had no/very few cases of Alzheimer's, diabetes, or CVD, without doubt came into contact with these bacteria, yet were not sick. There are studies showing that bacterial infection in animals is not usually the factor which induces fatality, but rather it is the over-active immune responses which cannot be shut down that kills the animal.

It is like a chicken/egg scenario. Which came first? The bacteria disrupting to immune system, or the disrupted immune system facilitating bacterial overgrowth in the first place? The debate between germ theory and terrain theory is years old. The writers of this article don't appear to be taking the conditions of the terrain into account.

I don't do any work with dental infections, but I see quite a few people with gut infections/overgrowths/yeast. A common theme for people is that they got worse after taking antibiotics/antifungals/antimicrobial herbs. Ironically, the infection usually comes back shortly after as well. This is frequently seen in people with yeast infection in the gut. Which leads me to take an alternative approach, and focus on the immune system/terrain instead of the pathogen.

The writers of this article also seem fairly naive in their statements that there is no known cure for Alzheimer's, diabetes, or CVD. One read of Dr Dale Bredersen's "The End of Alzheimer's" shows that there are clinics which are successfully reversing this condition. Infection plays a role in a portion of those patients, but there are multiple other causes including insulin resistance and toxicity. The anti-infection protocol does not work for those other patients, which suggests that this may be one cause, but not the cause. Rather, it may also be a symptom which goes on to contribute to the downward spiral.

But to say it is THE cause is fishy, and I had the impression that Big Pharma is having some influence here. This is the typical modus operandi - oversimplifying the pathophysiology of a disease, compartmentalizing the human body and focusing on individual proteins and enzymes, then developing some drug to supposedly fix the problem.

The New Scientist editor mentioned several possibilities for pharmaceutical intervention in the article, like a vaccine against the bacteria. To me, this stinks of big pharma attempting to redirect focus away from lifestyle, dietary choices, and toxic exposure - toward their "magic bullet". If only they can manufacture the right drug, then this will solve Alzheimer's, CVD, and diabetes in one fell swoop!

The problem is that most of these drugs aren't as effective as they were originally purported to be, because they modulate the function of one single thing (protein, enzyme, fatty acid, etc) and ignore the systemic dysfunction of the entire system which originally facilitated the disease in the first place.

I could be wrong, but for now, I am not convinced that this bacteria is the cause those diseases in someone with a healthy, robust immune system.

@Séamas
I think Lugols might stain your teeth, that's what I found with a quick web search, and It might have stained mine a bit (which I ascribed to coffee and cigarettes up until now). But povidone‐iodine might not, if they say so.

@Séamas
I think Lugols might stain your teeth, that's what I found with a quick web search, and It might have stained mine a bit (which I ascribed to coffee and cigarettes up until now). But povidone‐iodine might not, if they say so.

Ah so I wasn't crazy about that!

Lugols iodine can stain the teeth
First I was alarmed.

In summary, all of this suggests that Lugol's or providone iodine would be great to use for rinsing your mouth and gargling and it probably won't stain your teeth
Then I was relieved.

I think Lugols might stain your teeth, that's what I found with a quick web search, and It might have stained mine a bit (which I ascribed to coffee and cigarettes up until now).
I used iodine as a rinse after oral surgery and it sure stained my teeth.
Now I'm resigned.

I swish my Lugol's (10 drops of 2% in a bit of water) for 10-20 seconds before swallowing. I've been doing that 4-7 times a week for a couple years, on the theory that it would kill undesirable bacteria. My teeth were already a bit yellow and not bright white before Lugol's, and maybe I just haven't noticed my teeth getting more stained by Lugol's. I will continue for now because I don't see what the harm is in having stained teeth.

I swish my Lugol's (10 drops of 2% in a bit of water) for 10-20 seconds before swallowing. I've been doing that 4-7 times a week for a couple years, on the theory that it would kill undesirable bacteria. My teeth were already a bit yellow and not bright white before Lugol's, and maybe I just haven't noticed my teeth getting more stained by Lugol's. I will continue for now because I don't see what the harm is in having stained teeth.

I don´t think it´s a good idea to swish Lugol in the mouth before swallowing it. In this way you will also swallow all the bacteria that were already in your gums. Fwiw

Thus the importance of caring about our teeth (diet especially). If teeth become affected, then helping them to have the resources to heal themselves ie vit C, DMSO, iodine as Laura said. I would add magnesium pulling as magnesium is important in calcium balance.
Plus essential oils if infection is patent (inflammation, even abcess). without forgetting autohemotherapy.
I agree on the importance of using magnesium on a regular basis as it is involved in so many enzymatic processes in our bodies ( over 750), and because of our depleted soils today, even our healthiest foods are not providing the minerals and nutrients like they did a century ago. Yes, being deficient in magnesium, as most of are, the calcium is not deposited in the joints and bones but instead is precipitated out into soft tissue where it causes lots of problems.
Many years ago I was introduced to Neem toothpaste for good oral health. It comes from the Neem tree, also called the Tree of Natures Pharmacy. It is free from flouride and is a natural cleanser for the mouth. I have given it to family and friends and have received many reports back on how it clears up bleeding gums and infections in the mouth. I don't know if it is effective against P. gingivalis but Neem is a part of my oral health.
Moreover, as I learn more, it seems that our health is being devastated by fluorides and sugar. A recently released book on the negative effects of sugar can be downloaded here:
Sugar Without the Icing – Carolyn Dean MD ND

I agree on the importance of using magnesium on a regular basis as it is involved in so many enzymatic processes in our bodies ( over 750), and because of our depleted soils today, even our healthiest foods are not providing the minerals and nutrients like they did a century ago. Yes, being deficient in magnesium, as most of are, the calcium is not deposited in the joints and bones but instead is precipitated out into soft tissue where it causes lots of problems.
Many years ago I was introduced to Neem toothpaste for good oral health. It comes from the Neem tree, also called the Tree of Natures Pharmacy. It is free from flouride and is a natural cleanser for the mouth. I have given it to family and friends and have received many reports back on how it clears up bleeding gums and infections in the mouth. I don't know if it is effective against P. gingivalis but Neem is a part of my oral health.
Moreover, as I learn more, it seems that our health is being devastated by fluorides and sugar. A recently released book on the negative effects of sugar can be downloaded here:
Sugar Without the Icing – Carolyn Dean MD ND
Most medicinal plants have antiseptic properties, so it's very probable that your neem toothpaste has been effective on it. Anyways, just by strengthening teeth and body, you avoid any infection. If teeth or gum are damaged, any bug will attack it - P. gingivalis or another one. There are thousands sorts of bacterias that are normally present in our mouth, skin, gut, etc, and infect the body when required. See staphylococcus aureus, it is present in the body. If their environment (i.e. the body) changes (over-use of antibiotics and antiseptics, etc), then the S aureus will develop resistance (MRSA, highly difficult to treat), in order to survive. Every living body aims at surviving to changed environment.

Other conditions like fluorides and sugar as you noted, or loss of energy as in illnesses, stress, sedentary lifestyle etc make bugs react, multiply and infect.
My view is: Don't fear sophisticated names of bacterias, don't track them with sophisticated bacteriologic exams (outside particular conditions as septicemia, intensive care, etc). But "know your machine" (and germs are part of this machine), fix it, take care of it by avoiding harmfull things (sugar, fluoride, heavy metals, chemical antiseptic mouthwash, etc) and giving it good things (diet, minerals, stoic mind, etc).
Fear makes us follow any treatment Big pharma wants us to take. Money business is easy with fear.
PS: I'm not against antibiotics when necessary (as fragile terrain). I hope this was clear in my posts.

I too agree that chronic diseases have multi-faceted causes...
And there is no substance or technique cure!
After decades of observation of how the body heals, I have concluded that there is an x-factor that has a greater impact on how the body heals. All substance or techniques only increase the opportunity for healing and does not have any direct connection to the actual healing event. This is what I have learned through experience from both personal and professional. This is my hard-learned affirmation and I am aware that it is not the norm.
Example:
I had an intense cold once and treated it successfully with supplementation to where the symptoms were significantly improved within 24hrs and the rest of the week the cold symptoms were minimal. A few months later another cold, only the supplemental remedies that previously worked only prevented the symptoms from increasing. Then on the weekend I was able to get more sleep. After getting the needed sleep the symptoms greatly improved. This is when I realized that the body heals during a deep sleep cycle. It was this observation that turned my attention to the quality of sleep and how the body heals.
The best remedy is a long deep sleep at least three times a week:
Once I had realized the power of deep sleep, I changed my approach to health problems by first get the extra sleep then after that treat the residual symptoms. I have yet to need to treat residual symptoms with high dose supplementation of prolong therapies. This was also true with my patients. Once they got enough sleep their initial symptoms would clear. No matter what the health problem was the treatment recommendation was aggressive aerobic exercise for at least an hour and get extra sleep with attention to the quality of the sleep. If the patient could not get the deep sleep, then they would have to increase the exercise until the deep sleep happened. Once the balance of exercise and sleep was reached the symptoms would then quickly clear. For me the x-factor occurs during deep sleep. I have not been able to identify how this works, but I have notice intense symptoms completely clear after a long deep sleep cycle. If I do not go through a long deep sleep cycle, then the intense symptoms gradually improve. There is something “miraculous” that occurs during a long deep sleep cycle and that is what I call the x-factor.
If you’re not sleeping well then, you’re not exercising well:
This simple axiom also is true. The exercise must be aggressive and aerobic. Not enough and I will not get the deep sleep. If too much, then I will need more sleep than I have time for. There is a sweet spot and it takes trial and error to find it. And it is always changing so I must pay attention to the core energy needs. Too much exercise is still better than not enough.
Supplementation and healthy therapies:
I do take nutritional supplements and will go for alternative treatments, but I know view them only as assistance to my primary healing program of aerobic exercise and deep sleep cycles.
My Root canal experience:
I did have a residual infection in a root canal that would flare up when I was out of balance and diminish after I had corrected the imbalance. After several years of this I did have it pulled which cleared the recurring pain of the area. There were no other improvements in health that I was aware of.
The same tooth on the other side also needed a root canal several months ago so now I control the low-grade infection with swishing and gargling a mix of TheraSilver colloidal silver Amazon link and T.J. Clark Original Colloidal Mineral Formula Amazon Link after brushing. This formula is a potent astringent which strengthen the gums and teeth. It also, reduces the any pain & swelling of the tooth when it occurs. I find that 1 Tbsp of colloidal silver and ¼ tsp of T.J. Clark's Formula works best. The balance of the exercise and deep sleep is still the primary for this problem. I have no tooth problems when at my best but when I am out of balance the symptoms return. Two weeks ago, I had an intense toothache with a headache which I quickly cleared after a 2 day increase in the exercise and sleep schedule, plus assisted by the above-mentioned formula.

I don´t think it´s a good idea to swish Lugol in the mouth before swallowing it. In this way you will also swallow all the bacteria that were already in your gums.
Thank you. I listened and changed what I do. Now I spit out the swished Lugol's, and then afterwards drink new unswished Lugol's. At first I didn't want to change, thinking that I've done it this way for a long time and the digestive system will take care of any bacteria. It took some days to realize that changing would cost very little money and might have a big beneficial effect; in other words, no downside and only upside.

I hope the following video won't make any noise in this thread. I thought for a while and decided to bring it to your attention. 36-minutes lecture, The Plagues of Prosperity, on insulin resistance by Benjamin Bikman, director of Bikman Lab. Warning must be given that the last nine minutes have a strong religious flavor as Bikman speaks to (and is a member of) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' audience.

The talk basically goes about diabetes, insulin resistance and diet but other diseases come into view during the lecture. I was initially confused why he claims the cause of diabetes is insulin and not glucose but after listening more I understood his point. What appears most interesting to me is the fact that diabetes can be detected by insulin check much better because the higher lever of insulin appears even several years earlier than higher glucose level so a lot of damage could be prevented by change of strategy. He mentions Big Pharma too in relation to conventional use of insulin injections to 'cure' diabetes. And interestingly there is perhaps some connection between Alzheimer / insulin resistance according to Bikman (if I understood correctly).

He then ends up with things that are well know to the members of this forum and suggests a LCHF diet.

A growth hormone given to 1,800 children of 'short stature' between 1959 and 1995 was withdrawn after it was discovered to trigger Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD). It has now been discovered that 5 people are believed to have then developed Alzheimer's disease.

The growth hormone itself was extracted from corpses…
British scientists initially stumbled across the discovery while studying the brains of eight people who died of CJD after being injected with a human growth hormone.

Unexpectedly, four of the patients had huge levels of amyloid beta protein – a sticky deposit that forms among brain cells and stops them communicating with each other properly.

Although none had developed dementia, scientists say it is likely they would have, had they lived longer.
Researchers then tracked down the original growth hormone which had been stored by the Department of Health, and found it contained the misfolded amyloid-beta proteins implicated in Alzheimer’s.

When they injected the banned hormone into the brains of mice, the animals began to develop the signs of neurodegenerative disease.

Scientists discovered that five people treated with the hormone have developed the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease despite being aged just 38 to 55. None were at genetic risk for the condition.
It is thought that the misfolded amyloid proteins clump together in “stacks” that grow over time until they get so long that they snap, creating new “seeds”.

Each seed continues to grow, until this unfettered accumulation of amyloid in the brain starts to kill brain cells.
There have been no reported cases of Alzheimer’s acquired from any other medical or surgical procedures but the experts said it was important to review measures and possibly bring in better decontamination methods for surgical equipment.

The team also discovered that the amyloid proteins come in different strains, like viruses, and drugs which target the main strain could allow less dominant forms to develop, which are untreatable.
The study only looked at the records of 8 people given the growth hormones, so, unless this sample had an extremely high incidence of neuro-degeneration, it is likely that many more of the 1,800 originally treated would have the same high levels of amyloid beta protein.

Back
Top Bottom