Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

Controversy over screening of documentary on JBP.

A documentary tracking the rise of conservative figure Jordan Peterson has faced hurdles getting to the big screen in his home country of Canada, with the creators telling RT the difficulties signal deeper problems in the West.
The film was due to be screened for a week in Canada by Carlton Cinema, a Toronto-based chain specializing in foreign and independent movies, but the screenings were scrapped. The cancellation reportedly followed complaints by some employees that they were uncomfortable with Peterson as the documentary’s subject. Controversial subject matter is apparently off limits these days, as the hyper-vigilant political correctness police gain more and more influence over what is (and is not) acceptable to say in public.

“These days politics in the West has become so polarized that people don’t even speak with people that they disagree with — and social media makes it really easy to do that, and that’s very sad,” Ghaderi said.
The hand-wringing over the Peterson documentary comes as the latest in a series of attempts in the West to silence alternative or anti-mainstream views through public pressure and “cancel culture.” Controversial public figures, often those expressing conservative views, can easily find themselves “cancelled” by liberal society or face outright censorship on social media.

From ironically wearing blackface over a decade ago to suggesting a three-year-old isn’t mature enough to decide its own gender, the list of offenses for which one can be excommunicated from polite society is growing by the day.
Despite the hurdles, however, ‘The Rise of Jordan Peterson’ did get a chance for a theatrical premiere after Canada’s Cineplex chain agreed to screen it on a cinema-on-demand basis.
Marcoccia and Ghaderi said they had received positive feedback, with viewers describing the film as unbiased and thought-provoking. That’s enough to consider their endeavor a success, they said, since that’s how they hoped the work would be regarded.

For US viewers:

Gravitas Ventures has acquired U.S. rights to “The Rise of Jordan Peterson,” a feature documentary directed by Patricia Marcoccia about the controversial Canadian psychology professor-turned-YouTube philosopher.

Marcoccia charts the rise of Peterson, who in 2016 sparked outrage and support for his stand against political correctness and Canadian human rights legislation, leading to his popularity as a global intellectual.

Peterson’s 2018 book “12 Rules For Life,” has been published in 50 languages and sold more than 3 million copies. His YouTube videos are nearing 150 million views.

“The Rise of Jordan Peterson” is set to rollout in theaters and on-demand on October 29.

Hopefully, he will recover from his health challenges.

Hey guys ! I found this clip on youtube I really like how Sydney Watson goes over some leftist ideologies.
Guys is now not politically correct by the way ! Or maybe you would be interested in buying a brand new bisexual chair ? ;-)

The "bisexual chair" (~0:35) and "conceptual units" (~9:40) :lol2: . I am so so grateful for humans being capable of humor.

On the not so fun side, I'm reminded of Peterson's warning against compelled speech. This notion of abstracting gender out of the equation (unless when referring to one of the newly invented and protected "genders", of course) seems to reflect an imposition against discernment. Thou shalt not see things as they are! We - the woke - shall prescribe the correct way of perceiving the world, and woe to those that don't comply!

The "bisexual chair" (~0:35) and "conceptual units" (~9:40) :lol2: . I am so so grateful for humans being capable of humor.

On the not so fun side, I'm reminded of Peterson's warning against compelled speech. This notion of abstracting gender out of the equation (unless when referring to one of the newly invented and protected "genders", of course) seems to reflect an imposition against discernment. Thou shalt not see things as they are! We - the woke - shall prescribe the correct way of perceiving the world, and woe to those that don't comply!

One expression I like a lot that we say here in Quebec: If you are not worth a laugh, you are not worth much ! ( Si tu vaux pas une risée tu vaux pas grand chose)

That also reminds me the black and white statement of George Bush: Your either with us or against us !

Man, he's really emotional in the interview. Seems like he still needs some time to get better.

If it wasn't Rex Murphy conducting the interview, I don't think he would have done it. Murphy has supported Peterson's work over the years and is an excellent journalist who's managed to maintain his integrity even though he's been in the mainstream media for decades.

If it wasn't Rex Murphy conducting the interview, I don't think he would have done it. Murphy has supported Peterson's work over the years and is an excellent journalist who's managed to maintain his integrity even though he's been in the mainstream media for decades.

Yes, Rex had the good grace to talk with Jordan (it must have been in May) with recognition of his troubles, with humility and supportive strength - someone who is in Peterson's court. JP needs people in his court and having Rex and people like him would have meant a great deal.

This was also very different for me anyway having grown up listening to Rex. He is like, well not sure in the states exactly who this would be for people, yet Rex caught my attention since being a young pup - listening. Now at times (because he did the partisan thing on CBC later - the State news organ) and on certain issues, there would be conflicts of thinking, and I've said some things about Rex probably because I was not paying attention (and he has some fixed ideas too). However, another side of Rex was discovered, which has also being made apparent more recently in some of his articles now that he has drifted away from the CBC (which at one time was not so horrible, the news portion). As Rex mentions of journalists today, they are in a bad way - it's a more corrupted profession in a downward spiral (he mentions), and he has been in the middle of it.

He leaves Jordan near the end when discussing the obvious radical shift or explosion four years ago, that indeed all of a sudden the "scales tipped" and here we are.

Thanks for posting the interview.

What a great discussion; thank you so much for posting it Pashalis. I was not familiar with Mr Murphy but have become favourably disposed to him after watching that. His description of his friend not having felt 'soft rain' (encouragement) for so long was just a beautiful use of words. JBP is clearly still struggling mightily with all that has happened to him over the last couple of years and most especially the last few months. I hope that he takes the time out that he needs to fully recover.

Looks like a new interview with Jordan is out (I‘m not sure though) after the ordeal his family had to go through recently:
Man, he's really emotional in the interview. Seems like he still needs some time to get better.

From what Jordan said in the interview it seems it was conducted around June this year. So at a time when Tammys situation was really bad.

Back
Top Bottom