Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Of course, Iodine as antioxidant is safe due to easy releasing, even in multigram doses. But how can body not use iodine, if it is chemical active itself? It kills every infection in its way. 1 gram of Iodine is worth about 0,1 USD (in Poland), so I think, using 1 gram daily won't ruin my budget soon. Especially, when I see unbelievable health benefits. I'm 47, feel like I was 20. But thinner, healthier and happier ;)

Right but I’d just like to know if any medical practitioners have any materials that can back you up, perhaps with a link to an article, or is there a book you can recommend?

I’m glad you feel healthier and happier, it’s just that I’m not willing to go beyond my protocol based off just how you personally feel. Your body is likely to be vastly different than mine.

Selenium deficiency is very rare condition, so I reason, the selenium supplementation might be damage control of iodine supplementation.
But how can body not use iodine, if it is chemical active itself?
So the basis on your assertions is your reasoning? Sorry, that's not good enough for me. It would be something else if you said your were speculating rather than presenting facts and evidence.

So the basis on your assertions is your reasoning? Sorry, that's not good enough for me. It would be something else if you said your were speculating rather than presenting facts and evidence.
There is much more than that. For example:

1. I've never seen anybody had too low selenium levels, some people claimed, but all papers I've seen showed close to upper limit, or above.
2. Chemistry equation of glutathione peroxidation and other selenium containing reactions show that selenium is preserved and recycled. So there is no real need supplying with 100 mcg or more, when body loses 10 mcg daily or even much less. And there is plenty selenium in mushrooms for example. In safest form.
3. Arguments about low levels are obviously false, when considering science sources about polution by selenium. Especially waters. Have sources in Polish if interested.
4. When people have twice the selenium as upper limit, they start losing hair and having problems with thyroid, even when they supplement iodine.
5. Selenium acts as oxidant. Oxidant are generally dangerous, and easy to overdose.
6. I haven't been using any selenium and daily using iodine since december 2015, and don't have any selenium deficiency symptoms. As well as many friends.

Right but I’d just like to know if any medical practitioners have any materials that can back you up, perhaps with a link to an article, or is there a book you can recommend?

I’m glad you feel healthier and happier, it’s just that I’m not willing to go beyond my protocol based off just how you personally feel. Your body is likely to be vastly different than mine.

Just read the thread from the beginning and follow the links. There are plenty materials. And a lot of folks on forums have the knowledge, one example:
50542973_2261461077219817_5087292606384177152_n.jpg

Just read the thread from the beginning and follow the links. There are plenty materials. And a lot of folks on forums have the knowledge, one example:
View attachment 32344

You've been asked on multiple occasions to cite your sources for people to take these seriously high doses. You can't just post a screenshot of a Facebook thread containing a few bits of anecdotal evidence. IIRC you said you were affiliated with a website or forum but it was Polish, maybe you could translate some of them sources for us?

You may be right that high doses are suitable for some people. Maybe take the time to read through this entire thread and pay attention to the examples of members having extremely negative side effects from going too high too soon. High doses are NOT for everyone, but it would be great if you could give us some links or translations to any of what you've studied.

Thought it'd be a good time to repost Gaby's SOTT article on Iodine;

I use selenium, 200 mcg, three times per day. I think the toxicity of selenium has been greatly exaggerated. I had a patient from Chile, a refugee, who developed a severe lymphoma. He was operated on but it came back. He had radiation and it recurred. He had been a patient of mine for the treatment of depression when he developed his cancer. He was given three months to live. I had started him on selenium, 600 mcg per day. Like many patients, he thought if 600 is good, more is even better. He came back and said he was taking 2 mg per day, or 2,000 mcg. I became a bit concerned about that and suggested he cut down to 1,000. In any event, he recovered and he has now been alive for seven years. There is no evidence of tumor, and his major problem today is reorienting himself in a foreign culture. So I use selenium and I use a lot of it.
Clinical Procedures in Treating Terminally Ill Cancer Patients with Vitamin C
by Abram Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D
Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Volume 6, Numbers 3 & 4, 1991, pp. 155-160

View attachment 32344

I see that you’ve emphasized what low doses do, that said, I think I’m trying to emphasize not wasting your iodine.

I too read this thread and concluded that flagrantly large doses are wasteful. 1000mg!? I bet your body won’t absorb all of that unless you take it in gradually through out the day. Would you want it to absorb this much in a short time or gradually over the span of a few months? A 1000mg over the span of a few months imho is probably much safer considering how Herx reactions might effect different people.

I’ve doubled my daily 50mg doses a few times to notice no change as result of your insistence. At this point if I’m to entertain the idea any longer the least I could do is research it at greater length.

I’m not trying to tell you your wrong, I’m just helping others who might be more frugal minded with how they spend their energy (time and money). I'm dedicated to Trophic, sold at various local retail which comes in a bit costly and really don’t want to have to increase this beyond what I’m currently spending. Nor do I wish to order online as I’m fond of the staff and the franshise that makes this easily available at local retail.

However, if there are doctors or nutritionists who can explain or back up your claim I can be convinced to try an even higher dose. This Facebook chat doesn’t really count as a legitimate source either.

You've been asked on multiple occasions to cite your sources for people to take these seriously high doses. You can't just post a screenshot of a Facebook thread containing a few bits of anecdotal evidence. IIRC you said you were affiliated with a website or forum but it was Polish, maybe you could translate some of them sources for us?

You may be right that high doses are suitable for some people. Maybe take the time to read through this entire thread and pay attention to the examples of members having extremely negative side effects from going too high too soon. High doses are NOT for everyone, but it would be great if you could give us some links or translations to any of what you've studied.

Thought it'd be a good time to repost Gaby's SOTT article on Iodine;

I even quoted translated parts of the article in the group. But what's the point? We can read there:

"Take selenium or L-selenomethionine 200mcg per day. Safe range: 100mcg-400mcg." - I say, popular myth.

"Adequate selenium levels are necessary for regulating thyroid function and iodine metabolism. If selenium is deficient, autoimmune thyroid disorders can develop. Selenium is important for activating thyroid hormones and it decreases side effects of iodine therapy. " -

but what if selenium is in excess? Excessive levels aren't adequate, and most people, even without supplementation have selenium in excess. If selenium is in excess, thyroid stops working properly.

Have you checked your selenium levels?

I too read this thread and concluded that flagrantly large doses are wasteful. 1000mg!? I bet your body won’t absorb all of that unless you take it in gradually through out the day. Would you want it to absorb this much in a short time or gradually over the span of a few months? A 1000mg over the span of a few months imho is probably much safer considering how Herx reactions might effect different people.

So you theoretically excluded effects that I have in practice. Sounds reasonable.
I wouldn't even take an effort to start a group (I was always pretty lazy kind of man, at least before Iodine), or talking to you, If the results of high doses weren't at least a bit miraculous. And if one is looking carefully, he/she may find scientific explanation for all of this.
I recomend "Human Longevity (2013) by Dr's Valentine, where you can find knowledge about connection between antioxidants (Iodine is strongest human antioxidant), mitochondria and life span. And how is it possible, that high antioxidant intake can improve cellular chemistry.

100 mg is in my opinion minimal safe dose for most or even everyone. Starting very slowly isn't good recomendation, since many people have different problems when using doses below 50 mg. As I read, You had them too. Check my few comments back for wider explanation.

From personal experience I would say grown up dose for healthy individual would be somewhere around 100-200 mg. For people who have multiple health issues I would suggest starting at 100 mg and increasing by 50-100 mg every few days/weeks up to 1000 mg and higher in order to do profound detoxification. Finishing the process is experienced as sudden energy burst. I experienced that when using 1000 mg for a few days. It can be described as returning back to young days. Staying on doses between 200 and 400 mg daily prolongs that feeling limitless (3 years now for me).

Iodine also protects cells in case of detox, the only two thing we had to remember is to back up detox from bromine by salted water, and slow increasing dose between 250 and 700 mg, because that are the levels that clear out most of mercury, and mercury iodide is quite toxic also. One can find out it's mercury detox when feeling bitter taste on tongue about hour after iodine ingestion. Then one should increase ascorbic acid intake, and also implement some sulphor source, MSM od DMSO for time of detox. When mercury finally comes out, then one will feel younger and stronger.

Ahhh! A possible growth moment for me. Thank-you! I'd not checked in with this knowledge for several years. The items noted by goyacobol always stuck in my brain as a discordant burr but never came into focus until now:

I think this is session is a key to understanding many reactions people are having to the Iodine (although some are more sensitive to it probably due to genetics). There is an old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Session 21 November 2015:

Q: (L) Well the only thing I know to help others be ready is by informing them, letting them know what's going on, and trying to help them get ahold of their health. If they don't have their health, they aren't able to cope with anything. They're not able to cope with life as it is much less if it gets any weirder or worse. So, on that point, let me ask about this iodine therapy. I just read this iodine book by a David Brownstein: “Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It”. This guy talks about how iodine can kill fungi, bacteria, viruses, detox heavy metals from the body, even the ones that other detox methods don’t get, remove evil fluoride, and basically just has miraculous effects on all the body systems. He says that 96% of all people on the planet are iodine deficient. When people come to him, he generally starts them off at pretty high doses, like 50 to 100mg a day, and sometimes twice a day. This is supposed to not only replenish the body’s iodine, but also to detox bromines, fluorines, metals, etc. It can also kill off any microbes that have taken up residence because of the body’s weakened immune system due to all those toxins. But there is this other book that I read which says that you ought to start off slowly and build up because of detox side-effects or whatnot. So, some people have started slow and as soon as they have a few drops, they start having symptoms. What are these symptoms from? Is it detox or what?

A: Activation of microbes drawing on the enhanced energy.

Q: (L) We sort of wondered if that was the case. Several of us, as soon as we had been taking iodine a few days, old issues started coming up, like cold sores and such. Several of us started having pains and tiredness and activation of some kind of viral condition, stiff neck, and a bunch of other things. It was similar to the herx reactions we had with the anti-biotic protocol. On the other hand, it seemed more like the viruses got energized by the iodine. Chu even had an attack of her cocksackie virus that flares up in her pancreas about once or twice a year. That’s what made me think that instead of backing off and lowering the dose, the best thing would be to raise the dose and nuke the critters. So, Chu doubled the dose and then did it twice a day. You went from 5 drops a day to 10 drops twice a day?

(Chu) Yeah.

(L) So, Instead of backing off like this other book says you should do, she just went full bore whole hog and nuked 'em. Is that advisable?

A: Indeed. The battle is difficult to win if you keep supplying the "critters" with food and energy.

Q: (Chu) And before, they said people who get symptoms, it's activation of microbes drawing on the enhanced energy...

(L) So if you get energized by taking the iodine, that energizes your critters too, and they start getting more active. But you're not taking enough of a dose to kill them. You're just taking enough to energize yourself, which then feeds them because you're not taking a microbicidal dose.

A: Exactly.

Q: (L) Timótheos did the same thing and so did the rest of us. When we started getting symptoms, we just took it up to the doses that Brownstein talks about: 50 to 100 mg per day or more. Okay. One of the things that Brownstein says in the book is that many people's problems are not so much critters as it is heavy metals. The iodine removes cadmium, mercury, lead, all kinds of metals from the body. It even cleans them out of the endocrine systems, which they preferentially occupy – it even removes the fluoride out of the pineal gland which is where it likes to live. Is that true? Does it do that?

A: Yes yes yes

Q: (Galatea) One more...

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) Cool. [laughter]

Of course flushing out the stirred up toxins is just as important as killing the critters too.

I did some backgrounding on you and your claims, and it seemed worthwhile to give an increased dose a try. It's been about two hours after drinking a 100 mg glass of red water, and I'm definitely feeling it. I'll see how it goes.

Cheers!

Vitamine C is also strong antioxidant, but about 100 times weaker than Iodine. What's your point? If someone uses vitamine C knows 100% truth? Isn't possible that high vitamine C doses detox from selenium?
Using your own logic, since iodine is such a good detox, 100 times better than vitamin C, then the mega high iodine doses that you advocate would detox any and all selenium levels that are too high.

As Woodsman has shown there are good reasons what Kenny is saying may be true. I'm a bit confused as to why people are incredulous when we have had this information already for years. I think it is partly the authority which Kenny projects but then fails to be impeccable in providing corroboration.

Perhaps the idea is to take large doses to knock out the critters and then slow down later if the effects are too harsh?

As Woodsman has shown there are good reasons what Kenny is saying may be true. I'm a bit confused as to why people are incredulous when we have had this information already for years. I think it is partly the authority which Kenny projects but then fails to be impeccable in providing corroboration.

Perhaps the idea is to take large doses to knock out the critters and then slow down later if the effects are too harsh?

I think that is a good method to try. It probably varies depending on genetics but I have kind of used that approach for the bugs in my life and I think it helps.

Short of antibiotics I think Iodine is amazing.

From The Guide to Supplementing with Lugol;s Iodine by Stephanie Buist, ND HC (Laura recommends here)
2. How much Iodine do I need to take?

There are no set amounts that can be given as a blanket recommendation. Everyone needs

different amounts based on their body’s ability to utilize the nutrients as well as the level of

toxic halide exposure they have each day. If you are dealing with a severe health condition then

your dosages will need to be higher than those trying to maintain good health.

a. Maintenance – It was once believed that a good maintenance dose is 25 mgs per day.

But with more information being gained about the exposures to halides bombarding our

systems (bromides, fluorides, chlorine) as well as mercury, etc., maintenance of health

may require higher doses of iodine. The iodine doctors are now beginning to believe

that 50 mgs may be the minimum required dose. Many iodine group members are

finding that dosages of 100 mgs cause them to feel the best. While this is anecdotal

information it is interesting to note.

If I have say a sinus infection or flu I increase the dosage until I think it is no longer necessary. I still get such ailments from time to time but at least I don't have to depend only on always going to a doctor for antibiotics. And I can still maintain a daily/semi daily dosage for prevention.

My highest dosage has been 137.5 mgs for a sinus flare-up. I have cut back to taking the Iodine one day and the supplements the next day which seems OK so far. You have to give space between vitamin C and the Iodine of I think at least a half hour or longer because the vitamin C neutralizes the Iodine.

First, which form of Iodine do you use? How many drops/tablets/powder? The lump feeling as I discussed on my group today is experienced when using low doses between 25 and 100 mg. Usually lasts few days only. Increasing dose makes lump disappear. One of the women reported that she made USG when feeling such pressure, and the thyroid wasn't larger than before iodine. I'm not sure if staying at low dose between 25 and 50 mg resolves the problem, surely drinking salted water and ascorbic acid makes difference.
And since selenium is cumulative and often is enviromental polution, I would recommend checking selenium levels, that may block thyroid when too high.
I use lugols iodie @ 5%, so approx 6.25mg/drop. I have been doing 16 drops /day (100mg) I only got the lump when I went up to 200-300mg. Unless my lugols iodine is not 5% (although sold as that) but maybe 3%? I don't know how to test for the % iodine.
I have a recipe for making iodine, and have made it in the past, maybe I could make some 5% (or make 12%) lugols.
Would you tell me what "making USG" is?

Back
Top Bottom