Karmic and Simple Understandings.

Thanks for writing this, you gave me some understanding to my own struggles with this. I put a lot of pressure on myself as well which was to fix my machine quickly so I could properly participate and help out here. I'm not sure if others had this feeling but when I found this place, and spent a few weeks lurking around I had a weird feeling this place was important... I think that coupled with other issues in my life lead me to believe I was not ready for it yet when in actual fact I probably will never be ready, I just have to take the first step.

And the beauty of taking that first step is that it will possibly help you, because you are doing 'what it doesn't like'. Participating, receiving feed-back, learning to integrate what we receive from this network will help us grow until one day when we compare ourselves to the person we were yesterday or yesteryear we will see the difference (one of Jordan Peterson's rules) ! Fixing our machine without the active exchange of knowledge from this forum is hard, because we need the objective eyes and ears of others. So, enjoy the ride. :flowers:

I also had that feeling that this forum was important, even though I didn't even understand what they were doing. I just knew that I had to be here.

I also had that feeling that this forum was important, even though I didn't even understand what they were doing. I just knew that I had to be here.

This is a really interesting point. I was a complete ass when I was first present on the forum in 2006-09, embarrassing posts aplenty! Thankfully it feels like a lifetime ago looking back now, I was obsessed with aliens and blamed them for everything. I got feedback and it just didn't cut through into my understanding. I just wasn't ready back then, but also my schizophrenia was out of control. Amazingly I was holding down a full time job back then, I have no idea how I did it, I was a mess in my mind.

So, enjoy the ride. :flowers:

This has been a very hard lesson for me. Mainly because I always conflated the phrase with negative traits such as substances etc. I've learned the hard way is to enjoy the ride with sobriety, an ongoing process for me. Enjoying the ride is a bit moot for me. I get very angry when I see psychopaths getting away with what they do, and then my temper raises. It makes the enjoyment a bit questionable if I'm honest. I think I've still to find a genuine state of serenity as Castaneda put it. Something to work towards.

Thanks for writing this, you gave me some understanding to my own struggles with this. I put a lot of pressure on myself as well which was to fix my machine quickly so I could properly participate and help out here. I'm not sure if others had this feeling but when I found this place, and spent a few weeks lurking around I had a weird feeling this place was important... I think that coupled with other issues in my life lead me to believe I was not ready for it yet when in actual fact I probably will never be ready, I just have to take the first step.
And the beauty of taking that first step is that it will possibly help you, because you are doing 'what it doesn't like'. Participating, receiving feed-back, learning to integrate what we receive from this network will help us grow until one day when we compare ourselves to the person we were yesterday or yesteryear we will see the difference (one of Jordan Peterson's rules) ! Fixing our machine without the active exchange of knowledge from this forum is hard, because we need the objective eyes and ears of others. So, enjoy the ride. :flowers:

Agree, onwards and upwards:-)

I think what helped me take that step years ago (from lurking to writing an intro post anyway) was reading the Boardlurker? Read this!! thread. I found out from that thread, that I wasn't alone in finding it difficult to participate. After I wrote my intro post, it still took a few more years before I started to post more regularly too.

One thing I've been trying to understand more lately is a self-doubt and perfectionism program that comes up after I post here sometimes. I've found a thread on the 'negative introject' that has helped shed some light on it too. All part of the process it seems.

One thing I've been trying to understand more lately is a self-doubt and perfectionism program that comes up after I post here sometimes. I've found a thread on the 'negative introject' that has helped shed some light on it too. All part of the process it seems.

Exactly. Self-doubt and the opposite of self-doubt (like arrogance!), even fear is sometimes rearing its ugly head, but it does become easier when we become aware of our programmes and replace them with better ones just by thinking different thoughts or contradicting them. And afterwards I sometimes think to myself that I am making things way more complicated than they are. It's also linked to my self-importance which can be quite deadly.:-D

This has been a very hard lesson for me. Mainly because I always conflated the phrase with negative traits such as substances etc. I've learned the hard way is to enjoy the ride with sobriety, an ongoing process for me. Enjoying the ride is a bit moot for me. I get very angry when I see psychopaths getting away with what they do, and then my temper raises. It makes the enjoyment a bit questionable if I'm honest. I think I've still to find a genuine state of serenity as Castaneda put it. Something to work towards.

I see what you mean, and I have to admit that much of the time I only enjoy the ride looking back, because it can be quite bumpy. But I do enjoy the good stuff that is happening at the same time, indicating to me that I am on the right track. But then again I may be that kind of person that is always looking for the silver lining. I do think that the Universe only gives us what we can handle and that the lessons become bigger over time, which in itself may be a good sign? Just some thoughts.:hug2:

Thanks for this thread and everyone's that responded it's been interesting reading them and comforting to know I'm not the only one going through some of these.

I think my main simple karmic lesson that I'm still dealing with is imposter syndrome, especially when it comes to posting on this forum for some reason as I mentioned in my intro a few years ago. I have spent a lot of my life not having any actual grasp of my abilities and have always been under the assumption that I'm not as good as many other people in my life have told me I am at something. I lied to myself for quite a while by saying I wasn't good at said task because I knew my position in the path to learning it and how much more learning (and unknown learning) I may have to actually do. It was one of the recommended books (I can't remember which if someone knows the name off the top of their heads. ) I'd read that really made me realise this and begin been able to turn it around. I learned that others may have a better window into my subconscious than I do myself, been relatively blind to it's reasonings. So I started just listening to them and trying to work out if I'm just completely blind to that part of myself.

"I just have to take that first step"
Every moment of life gives the impression of taking that first step towards something new, something that is constantly growing.

Yeah, I know that feeling you're describing. The moment I decided to participate in the forum, I discovered a series of resistances and fears that limited the initiative that was born from the soul. My mind began to question whether I was really ready, since the most brilliant minds I know are here. Resistances of all kinds and colors emerged.

Well, a whole process of regression was set in motion in view of the imminent participation. I confess that my index finger trembled when I made the opening "click" and it was in several situations.

I believe that the most important thing is to take that first step, it is the most difficult, since it takes us away from everything that is known and for that reason that innate fear of the unknown is born.

It is fundamental to observe, ask the necessary questions and finally strengthen that will that launches us into that unknown space, since reading the forum is different from being immersed in it, integrating, interacting with the other members. This is an "unknown" aspect of our experience and it is the reason why our programs arise.

It is a great opportunity to bring to the surface of our consciousness those aspects that work "hidden" in our machine.

Now, looking back, I am happy to have taken that first step on a path that we are discovering together. Personally, I continue to strengthen the will, since fear did not win this time!:-D

My mind began to question whether I was really ready, since the most brilliant minds I know are here. Resistances of all kinds and colors emerged.

Me too! Some of the posts offered by members on here have been awesome to read, and often I've despaired of ever reaching those levels of understanding. But, compared with ten years ago, I'm in a great place, and I just keep on learning, mainly by continuing to participate as an active member. The work is its own reward. I'll proceed only if I work at my own pace, and that's the way I think.

It is fundamental to observe, ask the necessary questions and finally strengthen that will that launches us into that unknown space, since reading the forum is different from being immersed in it, integrating, interacting with the other members. This is an "unknown" aspect of our experience and it is the reason why our programs arise.

Yeah, I can wholeheartedly agree with this. With an open mind you can enquire with absolute freedom, and learning this has been a great lesson for me. Probably a Karmic and Simple understanding in and of itself? Because of my lifestyle issues in my 20's, I've always been able to spot the program runners within me, because they're sly but also crass. The parts of myself give themselves away, possibly a slight recompense for being too liberal in my younger days? I still wonder about that.

"I just have to take that first step"
Every moment of life gives the impression of taking that first step towards something new, something that is constantly growing.

Yeah, I know that feeling you're describing. The moment I decided to participate in the forum, I discovered a series of resistances and fears that limited the initiative that was born from the soul. My mind began to question whether I was really ready, since the most brilliant minds I know are here. Resistances of all kinds and colors emerged.

Well, a whole process of regression was set in motion in view of the imminent participation. I confess that my index finger trembled when I made the opening "click" and it was in several situations.

I believe that the most important thing is to take that first step, it is the most difficult, since it takes us away from everything that is known and for that reason that innate fear of the unknown is born.

It is a great opportunity to bring to the surface of our consciousness those aspects that work "hidden" in our machine.

Now, looking back, I am happy to have taken that first step on a path that we are discovering together. Personally, I continue to strengthen the will, since fear did not win this time!:-D

Sesión 11January 1995

Q: (Barry) What do you mean by traveling on the wave?

A: Traveling on thoughts.

Q: (Frank) Our thoughts or your thoughts?

A: Not correct concept.

Q: (L) What is the correct concept?

A: All is just lessons.

Q: (L) Whose thoughts are they?

A: Thoughts unify all reality in existence and are all shared.

Q: (Susy) You travel on a wave of energy created by all thought forms?

A: Thought forms are all that exists!

We are all on the road!:-)

Funnily enough though, I don't actually wish any more for it to be any different that it was. I suppose that means that I can see past the regret for the stupid choices I made and thereby taking responsibility for my life?

I agree. I've made loads of mistakes in my life, but the lessons which came with them are invaluable. I was the kind of guy who needed to eat some humble pie. I wouldn't have learned otherwise.

When the C's say you can create your own universe and dwell within, I think they meant that we were supposed to be as informed about the truth of our existence as much as we are able to, thus creating in our minds a duplicate of what is outside of us, since our minds are limitless and equal to the mind of the cosmos, at least in potential.

Wow. I hadn't really thought about that before. I always assumed that the process was a more STS process and was about gratification more than anything. Probably a bit of an assumption on my part.

There is so much to be learnt from suffering, in the moment and in hindsight, especially when we extract meaningful lessons and take the time to reflect on it, like in a life review and see the many good things that are happening at the same time when we know how to look.

It's especially pleasing to learn things in the long run, it always strikes me as a added bonus, 'cos I never expect it. Those kind of insights are one's that just leap up and grab you. It's like a slow silent process in the mind/soul, and then when things lead to insights they just emerge into being.

One of my simple understandings is that we're not unified beings. That it takes hard work and sustained efforts to become that which we falsely attribute to ourselves.

Yep, totally agree. The idea of the soul/consciousness as being like a mosaic is so useful. The very concept of a mosaic is the clue. you piece things together, in my case slowly but diligently. Part of my fastidiousness with not losing things helps me here.

Simple understandings has to do, I think, with starting to see the difference between body-centric concerns which are primarily STS and the concerns of the soul. Relationships create karmic conditions that repeat certain dynamics until polarization begins to occur in one direction or the other. Choosing to associate with like minded people for the purpose of sharing knowledge and experience accelerates the learning process and is STO oriented. It's a consciously chosen pathway that reflects a certain level of understanding in and of itself.

I'm in the heart of the battle on this point. Most of me is bored with conventional STS living, but I've yet to reach a purely cerebral level which I attribute to the elders of this forum. Perhaps I'm over-estimating things a bit here though, I mean we're all just human at the end of the day.

but I've yet to reach a purely cerebral level which I attribute to the elders of this forum. Perhaps I'm over-estimating things a bit here though, I mean we're all just human at the end of the day.

There are highly intelligent people on this forum, no doubt. And thinking "with a hammer" is highly valued. But raw intellectual power doesn't really guarantee advancement up the 'ladder.' What I think is getting closer is being objective, which carries a certain practicality with it. Self honesty and a genuine desire to do what's best for others and yourself. These are the elements of conscience, and this is what brings about a transformative power which can result in some real progress over time. But this is third density and things happen slowly here for the most part. But we are still just human and have things to learn and work to do or we wouldn't still be here.

Not speaking as any sort of authority. Just my take on it, FWIW

There are highly intelligent people on this forum, no doubt. And thinking "with a hammer" is highly valued. But raw intellectual power doesn't really guarantee advancement up the 'ladder.' What I think is getting closer is being objective, which carries a certain practicality with it. Self honesty and a genuine desire to do what's best for others and yourself.

This very helpful to hear, thanks for your insight. I remember people like Esoquest on here in 2006, he seemed too intelligent to be true. I often wonder what happened to the bright sparks who departed this forum. Buddy was another one, really intelligent fellow. How do the folk who depart here get on afterwards? I've left this forum countless times, and I always come back, 'cos there is literally no place on earth like this forum. I think I try to give the best of myself here.

I know that on a basic level I can proceed and learn what I most need here, and that's fine with me.

These are the elements of conscience, and this is what brings about a transformative power which can result in some real progress over time. But this is third density and things happen slowly here for the most part. But we are still just human and have things to learn and work to do or we wouldn't still be here.

Patience is most certainly a virtue, experience over time teaches this. The process of growing conscience is an integral part of the development of consciousness, and I suppose that is commensurate with the individual's level of being.

I often wonder what happened to the bright sparks who departed this forum.

I was also wondering about something similar a couple days ago when I was reading the comments in a 2009 session thread. There were some really interesting and thoughtful comments from forum members in that thread who don't appear to be active on the forum anymore.

Interestingly, in that same session thread there is also reference to an excerpt from The Wave series that mentions 'simple understandings.' I thought I'd share it here as it was shared in that session thread:

To live in a condition where one denies the right of the so-called "base character traits" to exist, to consider them an "error" or a "rebellion," a "Satanic delusion," is to deny fully half of existence, fully half of God - to reject Him, to NOT love him; to love only those parts that the limited human mind consider to be "acceptable" and to "hate" those parts that are not "pleasant" and desirable to fleshly comfort - and it is to love subjectively only the part of the self that is "acceptable." And this is a crucial point. To ACCEPT one's own self, in all its many parts. That does NOT mean that one "manifests" every negative character trait, it means that one accepts, loves, and tries always to choose to manifest the noble traits and to channel the base traits productively. To love objectively, all that IS, unconditionally, both the light and the darkness, and to NEVER interfere with the Free Will of another to choose to do or be as they see fit is one of the keys; one of the "simple understandings."

The excerpt is from Chapter 8 titled 'Everywhere You Look, There is the Face of God' which delves into the topic of 'karmic and simple understandings.' It's interesting now to read through that chapter in the context of this thread. It's also been quite a long while since I read it :knitting:

To ACCEPT one's own self, in all its many parts. That does NOT mean that one "manifests" every negative character trait, it means that one accepts, loves, and tries always to choose to manifest the noble traits and to channel the base traits productively.

I guess it also comes down to having a clearly defined aim because then it becomes clearer how to channel the base traits productively - in support of the aim.

Identifying base traits is one thing, what to do with them is another thing entirely and a new thing to be learned after long exposure to stuff that would have you just suppress, deny or ignore them. Simply going against previous learning on that is enough for me to feel fear and trembling! 😱:whistle: It kind of reminds me of Jordan Petersons take on the Yin Yang symbol where he identifies the path as the dividing line between the black and white sides of the symbol and the different sides as order and chaos, but from this perspective we have one foot in the base traits and the other in the noble traits. The aim then is really about meaning - that's how I'm seeing it at this time in any case.

Then of course there is the question of really getting down to whether the base traits are being channelled in a STS or STO fashion. Is it being done for self, or others - which ends up also being for self ultimately? Are the base traits defending free will or impeding it?

This very helpful to hear, thanks for your insight. I remember people like Esoquest on here in 2006, he seemed too intelligent to be true. I often wonder what happened to the bright sparks who departed this forum. Buddy was another one, really intelligent fellow. How do the folk who depart here get on afterwards? I've left this forum countless times, and I always come back, 'cos there is literally no place on earth like this forum. I think I try to give the best of myself here.

I know that on a basic level I can proceed and learn what I most need here, and that's fine with me.

Patience is most certainly a virtue, experience over time teaches this. The process of growing conscience is an integral part of the development of consciousness, and I suppose that is commensurate with the individual's level of being.
There may be exceptions, but it seems to me that in general, people who have "come" to this forum is because it was their "moment."

I have been here for about three years and a little before I found the C's, I was reading again and again the few writings that I understood to contain "truth." I was missing something and kept looking. My puzzle was incomplete.

Then, one day, at night, I stopped to rest in my car in an absolutely lonely place.

Right on the edge of the dream I clearly heard a conversation, something impossible since I was alone. What I heard was ... "Help him! There is only one day left!

Soon, I followed a small "reference" in a writing to which I never gave importance and found the C's.

The most incredible six months of "reading" of my life.

Everything fit, the puzzle was complete.

I think everyone has their "way" and each stage arrives at the right time.🤔

There are highly intelligent people on this forum, no doubt. And thinking "with a hammer" is highly valued. But raw intellectual power doesn't really guarantee advancement up the 'ladder.' What I think is getting closer is being objective, which carries a certain practicality with it. Self honesty and a genuine desire to do what's best for others and yourself. These are the elements of conscience, and this is what brings about a transformative power which can result in some real progress over time.

I am reminded of an article on SOTT recently that mentioned the long-held notion of the importance of the heart as a major, even overlooked part of the equation. This was both interesting and a little surprising since our current culture is so steeped in head trips.

Some of life's greatest, most poignant lessons involve the heart. And sometimes the lessons of the heart fly in the face of the thinking in the mind. We can't just forgive with the mind. The heart, and emotion has to be involved for the forgiveness to occur; to be genuine and truly healing.

IF we see, yet do not feel, the assertion can be made we are not fully living life. If we observe, but shun the emotional content of our experience it could be said we are avoiding who we are; perhaps the shadow part we don't wish to confront. Maybe we just want to avoid feeling anything since it has, at least, a 50% chance of being uncomfortable or downright painful. The heart and the emotions threaten our thought processes with information that doesn't always compute well and often falls outside our neatly constructed self-images, sometimes making us look less evolved than we like to think of ourselves. Data from the heart threatens the control that our minds like to maintain over our inner narratives.

So, the brain and heart are constantly messaging our consciousness. LOL - like our body - I think the conscience has 2 ears to listen with to help with this onslaught of often contradictory input!

Back
Top Bottom