Suspicions about the lab are growing though, which is why the media is running interference on it...

Why a Chinese virology lab is unable to quell the coronavirus conspiracy theories around it

A Chinese state-owned virology lab in Wuhan, the epicenter of China’s coronavirus epidemic, is finding it extremely hard to quell conspiracy theories proliferating around the institution—a sign of the sharply decreased level of public trust in the government since the outbreak of the virus.

At the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a subsidiary of the state-owned research institute the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), scientists carry out virus research at a lab with the highest level of biological containment available on the mainland. Its construction was approved in 2003, during China’s last deadly coronavirus outbreak, SARS, and completed five years ago, according to Nature journal. The lab came under spotlight in late January, after Chinese scientists said the virus could have a connection to bats via an intermediary, such as some form of game sold at a seafood market in Wuhan. As the lab has researchers who study bat-related viruses, it became a target of online suspicion that coalesced into theories that the virus could have escaped from the lab, or be a bio-weapon gone wrong.

That isn't why it's suspicious. It's suspicious because those lab researchers were located at Ground Zero of the outbreak: the country's only BSL-4 lab!

All that stuff about bats, snakes, pangolins and the fish/wet market was probably disinformation in an effort to pawn blame for it off onto ordinary people.
FWIW - and this is only a Chinese whisper (!) - ordinary folk in China suspect (on what grounds, I don't know) that the first CoVid-19 case was a female virologist at the BSL-4 lab in Wuhan:

Coronavirus ‘lab leakage’ rumors spreading

The Wuhan Institute of Virology, located in the provincial capital of Hubei, which is the ground zero of the contagion, has been thrust into the media spotlight by the allegation last week that it leaked “bio-hazardous agents.”

Posts circulating on WeChat and Weibo claim that a researcher at the institute was the first to be infected by the novel coronavirus
, now called Covid-19 by the World Health Organization.

The female virologist and a graduate from the institute, referred to as “patient zero,” had never visited the city’s shambolic wet market – also known as the “zoo” – where a range of wild animals were sold. The market has been identified by the authorities as the most probable source of the deadly pathogen.

In a statement released on Sunday, the lab stressed that the researcher had left the city in 2015 and was in good health, refusing to release more information about her for privacy reasons.

Just posting this, I have not read the thread.

Someone shared a link on Instagram with me that Israel has been working on a vaccine, for Coronavirus, for the past 4 years and has one ready for the public.

There have been Coronaviruses before. Do they have a vaccine that can deal with the latest, probably mutated strain?
If vaccines of that kind are any good at all, can they be "helpful" while this outbreak is already going on?

My suspicion is that any new vaccine of that kind can only weaken our immune system and that's the last thing we need.

Quite! No other country was gonna do what China did, so why bother? I come back to my earlier idea that - once they saw this wasn't such a dangerous outbreak - the Chinese authorities nevertheless continued running with their high level of emergency preparedness largely 'as an exercise for future use'.

@Niall do you think there could be different powerful groups operating with different agendas in mind?

• As you say, there can be one group utilising this crisis to test future preparedness and other such actions for when the 'real' one arrives.
  • As others have mentioned, there could be financial elites who will use this opportunity to crash the system and reduce their exposure etc etc
The thing that I think seems to be on dispute is the actual severity of the virus. I think in order to make an objective assessment, we need to look at data without any preconceived biases. Personally, I don't think the data is out yet to make such an assessment. For one, this virus is now out in the wild where it's subject to undergo random mutations, combine with other viruses, be subject to environmental pressures and even get messed with by 4D overloads to what end, we just don't yet know.

There is already anecdotal evidence coming out that the virus in Iran isn't behaving the same way the virus in China is behaving. Some Iranian scientists have commented that based on the data they've garnered from China, they were expecting the virus now afflicting Iran to be behaving a certain way which it isn't. In the main, the virus in Iran appears to be more severe with a higher mortality rate - some estimates at a mortality rate of 5% based off people on the ground. All the surrounding cases in the countries in the middle east have an origin from Iran as well indicating the virus there has been in play for a while now and has spread far and wide. In Iran as well, they had reported a nurse in their 20s who had died which is I think the youngest age I've heard off.

It's also worth noting that Italy, the fatality rate is 3% which is slightly higher than 2%. Recently in Europe as well, a couple of kids have contracted it that is somewhat unusual.

Also, in the recent week, the virus has penetrated Africa and South America which are now new arenas that have come into play.

My point is, the whole world is now some large experiment for this virus and we just don't know how it will react to every scenario it finds itself.

To conclude that the virus is nothing yet I think is premature as the data just isn't in and there is enough anecdotal pieces of information to suggest things aren't fully understood yet.

Mix all these in with various political and financial agendas, different groups competing against each other, nature, a cosmic environment that's getting more interesting by the day and I dare say you have the ingredients for a truly explosive situation.

The idea is not to panic or fall to hysteria, the idea I think is to be as vigilant as a hawk and track multiple threads simultaneously keeping an open mind and being prepared to act quickly and decisively if the need ever arises. First and foremost, one must watch for biases as that blocks one's ability to accurately read a situation objectively.

The C's always said "Knowledge protects" and they also always said "Always expect attacks' plus we know the 4D powers are ready for a big and massive harvest plus we know they are ready to replace us all for new containers and we know the time is now!

The C's always said "Knowledge protects" and they also always said "Always expect attacks' plus we know the 4D powers are ready for a big and massive harvest plus we know they are ready to replace us all for new containers and we know the time is now!
That is a lot of C's saying and we know in just one sentence.

Yes, the C's say that Knowledge protects and always to expect attack. That is something we have come to appreciate as good advice.

Then: "We know the 4D power are ready for a big and massive harvest." No, we don't know that.

Then: "We know they are ready to replace us all for new containers." No, we don't know that. The C's have made comments in that direction, but we don't know and have no way of making that a knowledge that we can claim to know.

Then: "We know time is now". We don't know that. The C's have said something in that direction but they have also shown that they have a different understanding of time. What we can observe is that a lot of things are coming to a head, but that does not mean that this flu is the one that will lay waste to mankind.

We can observe what the corona flu has done until now in 3 months and it is not something that is alarming. The panic making is alarming, but not the flu. There is an official site that details the numbers in real time. It is of course extremely scary to read that 2875 people have died, especially if you happen to know them. A reason why there is not a site every year, that details the deaths and infected from the normal flu in real time is because the numbers are several magnitudes higher. Simply not feasible. We would run out of superlatives to describe how extremely (x100) scary that would look.

Things might change that will warrant a reassessment of the situation but so far the observable numbers don't call for it. Even if the numbers were 10 times higher than the official numbers at this stage. Osit.

@Aeneas okay.

You have the right to think the way you do and I think I have the right to think the way I do.

On some points you say, I agree. On others, I do not. It's the way of life.

If I get struck with the illness, I'll deal with it, if you do, you'll deal with it. We can't carry each others burden, everyone carries their own burden.

Thank you for your insightful views.

Let's wait to see how this plays out in the long run.

I'll be stepping aside from posting new info on this virus.

Godspeed.

@SOTTREADER & @Aeneas,
Guys, what about the people that read you posts? C’mon I thought this was a networking place and not a ....
So, you are both right but you fail to connect. We all know more or less what the Cs said, but as I see the situation, it would be far more productive to start focussing on real intel rather than info clickbites. What I call real intel is that part of information that has immediate, medium or long term consequences like for instance the CoVid19 vaccines Which are in the making. I keep on reading jurno pieces but nothing beyond the clickbite category. Besides, there is intel and intel, and it is person specific and situation dependent. To give you an example. For a group of people in deep Africa, during ebola. Evacuation time 10 hours, by car, plan in place (including essential transportables). Limited fuel for vehicles and generator (that also supplies the water pump), limited cash, limited food, No instruction to allow evacuation. The intel was sourced directly from the police, military and the local hospital. What was I geophysicist in charge, right?
Now, I’m not saying that it will ever get to that stage. It will be different, but intel is important because is the only actionable tool that you can really use to make a difference in improving the situation, yours and those around you.
PS I did not mean to say that Cs comms are clickbite, but they are so high level that at least to me the info effect is not that immediately productive.

I don't think that anyone is concluding that the virus is "nothing" or that people ought not to take precautions and keep an eye on things. For all we know, the status of things could change at any moment with another mutation of the darn thing.

It seems evident that this virus is being used in a cynical and shameless way to effect social changes.

We should also keep in mind that, under the cover of one virus, another one very well might be introduced, one way worse than the first.

But still, one needs to stay calm, get FACTS and not "anecdotal evidence" which is very often manufactured by psyops types and spread on the net as if from "real people". Remember the "babies in incubators" and "WMDs" of Iraq fame.

So, let's not contribute to the spread of what could very well be disinformation, keep our eyes open, and see how this all develops or, fizzles out, as the case may be.

Numbers Show Coronavirus Appears Far Less Deadly Than Flu, But Gov't, Media Keep Promoting Panic

By C. Douglas Golden
Published February 25, 2020 at 11:07am

The city-state of Singapore, population 5.6 million, has a face-mask problem. Namely, there aren’t enough of them to go around.

Thanks to the COVID-19 virus — better known as coronavirus — the tiny island right off the southern coast of the Malay Peninsula has had an issue keeping the masks in stock, along with hand sanitizer and other assorted items.

The government ended up subsidizing masks so that every family could have them after people decided to hoard them like they were bottled water in a storm. Pharmacies reported massive shortages of both the masks and sanitizer.

Never mind that these masks don’t particularly work that well.

Singapore had, as of this past weekend, 89 confirmed coronavirus cases. That means 0.002 percent of the population is infected. Keep in mind, too, that Singapore’s government is much more open about its COVID-19 numbers than China is being.

In other words, Spanish Influenza this isn’t.

At least Singapore is in Asia, the part of the world the vast majority of coronavirus cases are.

The United States, meanwhile, is a huge country with 300-odd million people. We had 53 confirmed cases as of Tuesday. And we’re all frightened out of our minds.

This sort of thing sells newspapers and engenders clicks. (Heck, The Western Journal has fallen into this trap as well!) But it doesn’t make us any safer and it doesn’t actually convey the scope of the disease in the United States. It also doesn’t note that COVID-19 is far less deadly than the flu in the United States.

First, something from The Washington Post which, in a saner world, would quell some of the hysteria.

The report, published Feb. 12. noted that “the virus’s destructive potential has overshadowed one encouraging aspect of this outbreak: So far, about 82 percent of the cases — including all 14 in the United States — have been mild, with symptoms that require little or no medical intervention. And that proportion may be an undercount.

“Health authorities managing the outbreak are trying to understand what that critical fact portends. Are the 60,000 sick people tallied so far just a portion of a vast reservoir of uncounted victims, some of whom may be spreading the disease? And do the mild illnesses reveal characteristics of the virus itself — something that could be useful in crafting a more effective response?”

But this is not a saner world, and if you’re hopeful for a pandemic, then you don’t really care about the facts.

And that’s the thing — the statistics show the flu is much more deadly than coronavirus.

The coronavirus has thus far claimed zero lives in the United States. That’s a zero percent fatality rate.

Compare that to the fatality rate for influenza, which is affecting far more people in the U.S. right now, with the Centers for Disease Control stating that 14,657 cases were identified during the week ending Feb. 15.

Between Oct. 1 and Feb. 15, the CDC estimates there have been between 29 and 41 million cases of the flu in the U.S., causing between 16,000 and 41,000 deaths.

Remember that the fatality rate in the U.S. from coronavirus is currently zero percent. Which one is more deadly?

Let’s trot that thinking-person emoji out.

But in China, you say, the numbers are pretty dramatic — right? Well, not as much as you might think.

“Constant on-the-nose reporting, however much it seems to serve transparency, has limitations, too,” Temple University math professor John Allen Paulos wrote in The New York Times on Feb. 18.

“It’s a short-term, and shortsighted, approach that’s difficult to resist, especially when people are afraid and the authorities are taking draconian actions. It’s only natural to compare and contrast whatever hard facts are available. And yet it’s especially dangerous to do that precisely because people are so anxious, and fear can trick the mind.”

As he pointed out, the death rate is determined by dividing the number of dead by the number of infected. However, that could be problematic.

“The number of deaths (D) seems like it should be easy enough to determine: After all, dead is dead. And yet ascribing a cause of death can be tricky,” Paulos wrote.

“The coronavirus might be blamed for the deaths of vulnerable people, especially seniors, already suffering from other illnesses, such as diabetes and other chronic conditions. On the other hand, some deaths will be attributed to other illnesses that might more accurately be ascribed to COVID-19.

“Even more problematic is figuring out the total number of infected people (I) — call that the mystery of the denominator. Patients who have tested positive and are hospitalized are included in that tally, of course. But what about those who are being treated without formally having been tested? Or those who might be infected and yet display no symptoms?”

And that latter part is much more tricky. After all, what we hear about are people in the death throes of the disease.

That’s not quite how COVID-19 — much like most infections diseases like this — works. Consider that most of the cases have been mild — and the attendant problems of numerical reporting within China.

But of course, without panic, how else can governments, particularly China’s authoritarian communist government, keep accelerating their hold on power in this case?

What will it accomplish?

Nothing — except maybe accelerating the sale of those ridiculous surgical masks.

It won’t help stop the spread of coronavirus.

However, fear helps make government more powerful — and it keeps them looking like our savior. That’s something it helps to remember in situations like this.

Exactly, I can't understand how people can't see the flu outbreaks here in Japan and how many more people died from it.
I am saying it to all I know that this is just to keep people spread fear and that everyone turn to city offices for help.
Even if the government or major is not popular such overaction will put them in savior light.
It is just insane. I even show to people the map with 80000 cases and 30000 recovering from it.
Still they see only what is going on from the media perspective in front of TV screens.

Knowledge protects because when one knows what to do, they do it. It also helps avoiding entering in irrational panic. If there are solutions to protect oneself and others around, then there is no need to panic. If one the other hand there are no solutions, there is no need to panic because not only it makes it worse, there is nothing to do about it anyway.

How to stage a fake epidemic (and brainwash billions of people)

by Jon Rappoport
February 26, 2020

“When gigantic mega-corporations steal land from Third World people and then poison these people with horrific pollution, why isn’t it called murder? Is that too stark? Does it offend delicate sensibilities? Would you say that a drug gang who shoots up a bar and kills ten innocent bystanders is just carrying out ‘typical business practices in their field of endeavor’, and should therefore never be prosecuted in a court of law on a charge of homicide?” (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)

—This article assembles facts contained in my ongoing series on the “China epidemic.” To get the details, I recommend going back and reading all those articles (archive here).

If a group wants to stage a fake and frightening epidemic, how would they do it?

First of all, what reasons would they have to launch such an audacious plan?

On one level, they want to cover up human harm that is already occurring. They want to explain this harm with a false story. For example, suppose a combination of deadly corporate air and water and 5G* electronic pollution is making people sick and killing them. The parties responsible are surely not going to admit their crimes. No. Instead, they’re going to claim a new virus is causing this harm in the form of, say, lung disease. The virus just “emerged.” “It showed up out of nowhere. It crossed species from animals to humans.”

So…the first thing needed is a cluster of cases in one locale. A small group of people who have the same symptoms. This is easy to find. How about ordinary flu symptoms? Fever, fatigue, weakness, with an emphasis on lung complications [from the forms of pollution]. A few of these people are very ill. Two of them die. Now, the publicity/news machine swings into gear.

It’s called an “outbreak.” It isn’t, but that’s the story. “They were all ‘exposed to something’” at, say, a riverfront dock restaurant.
The news—shoveled directly into mainstream outlets—comes from elite public health agencies like the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).

It’s an OUTBREAK.

To use a technical term, this is all BULLSHIT. Understand? People in the locale of the “new case cluster” are falling ill and dying as a result of the actual pollution-causes I listed above. But the news takes a different slant: “Researchers from WHO and CDC state that a ‘mystery illness’ has emerged in City X, and they are working to discover the virus…”

Who said it was a virus? Who made that unwarranted assumption? WHO and CDC. They always say it’s a virus.

At this point, suddenly, it’s news all over the planet, and most of the population is roped in, right from the get-go. Virus. Yes. I see. Which virus?

And shortly and miraculously, the answer comes: it’s VX-20. A new virus, never seen before, “which probably emerged from fish and crossed over into humans. One fisherman has already died.”

Voila. We have a new disease. VX-20.

Next question: did researchers actually find this virus? Did they?

Follow the next piece closely. There is sleight-of-hand involved.

One scenario: Researchers used what are called “indirect markers” to INFER that a new virus was there, in samples of tissue taken from several people in the original “cluster” of riverfront victims.

[Laura's not: Rappaport has used "infer" incorrectly. He should have written "imply".]

The researchers didn’t actually use basic procedures to purify the tissue sample from even one patient, and they didn’t see MANY identical viruses in an electron microscope photograph of the purified sample—if they took such a photograph at all. They certainly didn’t perform this complete test on several hundred emerging patients—they should have, but they didn’t. And most certainly, other researchers, including INDEPENDENT analysts, didn’t perform the necessary electron microscope test on hundreds of so-called “epidemic patients.”
So…the CDC and WHO researchers came up with a notion, an idea, an inference about a virus, through these indirect markers. And via a process of continuing inferences, they characterized the virus they never saw.

Scenario two: Let’s be generous and assume the researchers did bother to look at electron microscope photos, derived from only a few patients, not hundreds of patients, as they should have. What did they actually see in the photos? Maybe they saw a few particles that looked similar to each other, BUT quite possibly these virus-like particles were just passengers that ordinarily live in the body and cause no harm. However, the researchers jump up and down and say, THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE NEW KILLING VIRUS. AND WE WILL NOW ASSEMBLE ITS GENETIC SEQUENCE.

AND THEY DO.

So what? These researchers don’t bother to make the distinction between viruses that might do harm and those that do nothing. Why? Because they’re determined to find something. Anything. That’s their basic mission.

In both scenarios, they’ve fallen woefully short of proving that a new virus is responsible for making people ill.

But never mind—news outlets and governments are already on the march. THIS IS IT. A new epidemic. VX-20. A whole city is already locked down. Screeners are waving wands at passengers getting off planes. Some US talking head is saying there is now a rush to develop a vaccine. New cases of VX-20 are showing up in other cities and other countries. Boom.

Let’s examine that last part, about new cases and “spreading”— because this is where people REALLY fall for the con. They say: “Well, here is a city where there is no air or water or 5G pollution, and they’re discovering new cases, so how do you explain that?”

The new cases and the spread are based entirely on DIAGNOSTIC TESTS. Those test-results determine whether there is an “epidemic case” or a “spread.”

There are two main tests: antibody and PCR. In a nutshell, neither test is adequate to say HERE IS A NEW CASE. Both tests are unreliable and worthless. It’s more of the con. Both tests will claim to show “new cases” when they DON’T. They might show some antibodies or a few tiny fragments of what might possibly be a virus, but they show NOTHING that directly points to human illness. Relying on those tests would be on the order of laying down a bet on a game that isn’t even scheduled. It’s a farce.

Antibody tests, which purport to prove illness coming from a virus, are actually showing, at best, that the patient came in contact with a virus. Actually, before 1984, this was generally taken to mean the patient was in good shape. His immune system had defeated the germ. But then, for several no good reasons, the science was turned on its head. All of a sudden, a positive antibody test was taken to mean the patient was ill or would soon become ill. Nonsense. Farce.

The PCR test takes a tiny, tiny sample from a patient that might contain a virus, but the virus particle is far too small to comprehend. The PCR blows up that particle many times, so it can be analyzed. BUT the test says nothing about HOW MUCH virus, if any, is replicating in the patient’s body. And you need millions and millions of a virus replicating in the body to even begin talking about a cause of actual illness.

AND both tests rely on the unwarranted assumption that a virus actually causing illness—VX-20—was truly discovered in the first place.
Armed with these pathetic tests, public officials begin reporting a new epidemic case here and a new one there, and pretty soon 40 countries have new cases, and the public falls for it, hook, line, and sinker.

And THAT’S HOW you stage a fake epidemic. The rest is pure publicity and lockdown and theater.

Dangerous theater.

Toxic drugs and toxic vaccines will be brought on board to treat the epidemic that was never there.

The ACTUAL ONGOING causes of illness and dying will remain in place, shoved into the deep background. And THIS amounts to a capital crime. As in: murder. Remember that.

People will be told not to question the official line on the “epidemic.” This is called a clue. Why not ask questions? Because the answers might lead to a correct conclusion about the enormous con job.

Let me add a few comments.

The World Health Organization itself states that every year, there are millions of cases of ordinary flu around the world, and several hundred thousand deaths. This isn’t “coronavirus.” But the flu sufferers can easily be called “new epidemic cases.” Ordinary flu can be statistically “imported” and called “coronavirus.”

Then there is the medical treatment imposed on people who are told they are “coronavirus cases.” I’m talking about highly toxic antiviral drugs, which have the ability to stop natural reproduction of cells in the body. Particularly when such people already have weakened immune systems, or organ-function problems, the results can be catastrophic. The patients can die. Of course, if they do, they will be called “deaths from the epidemic.”

Finally, there is something else you may have heard of. I mentioned it a few paragraphs ago: murder. Do you really think the people who are consciously launching a fake epidemic, with all its consequences—including covering up and never remedying ongoing real causes of dying and death—would stop short of staging a few spectacular incidents of dying and death, in order to make a splash and convince the public that the virus is really a killer? Are you KIDDING? For example, suddenly, out of the blue, a few friends, previously healthy, in a small town, fall ill, and a few days later, they’re dead. Health officials state they were “positive for the virus.” “It came on quickly.” Are tests run to detect an intentional covert act of direct poisoning? Of course not. Media blare this horrible story all over the world: “THE VIRUS IS ON THE MOVE.” Same thing happens to a previously healthy family in Country X. They fall ill and die. And then a group of travelers on a mountain in Country Y become ill and die. Murder. However, the cover story is: “THE VIRUS KNOWS NO BOUNDS. IT CAN COME ON ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME.” THESE EVENTS OF DEATH “CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED BY THE VIRUS.” That’s right, when the audience is brainwashed and completely naïve.

“But…but how could anyone actually commit premediated murder of innocent people, in order to convince the public that a virus is spreading in unlikely places?”

As I mentioned, such controllers are ALREADY guilty of murder, because they’re hiding the actual ongoing causes of death with the cover story of a virus. This sort of cover-up of crime has been happening, around the world, for a long, long time. To cite just two instances, look at parts of Africa and Haiti, where the “HIV story” has been promoted and funded, wall to wall, in order to conceal intentionally created and sustained poverty, stolen farm land, and corporate takeovers involving massive poisonous industrial pollution.

When you go back in history—as I have—you’ll realize that fake epidemics are standard operating procedure. SARS, Swine Flu, West Nile, Zika, etc. I’ve written about every one of these phonies in detail…

In China, if someone has difficulties keeping the bio safety and quarantine rules, here is what the Criminal Law of China has to say on these issue.

The scope of A Class infectious diseases shall be determined in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases and relevant regulations of the State Council.

Article 331 Any person engaged in the experimentation, storage, carrying or transportation of bacterial strains and virus strains of infectious diseases who, in violation of the relevant provisions of the health administration department under the State Council, causes the spread of the bacterial strains and virus strains of infectious diseases, if the consequences are serious, shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not more than three years or criminal detention; if the consequences are especially serious, he shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not less than three years but not more than seven years.

Article 332 Whoever, in violation of the provisions on frontier health and quarantine, causes the spread or a grave danger of the spread of a quarantinable infectious disease shall be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of not more than three years or criminal detention and shall also, or shall only, be fined. Where a unit commits the crime mentioned in the preceding paragraph, it shall be fined, and the persons who are directly in charge and the other persons who are directly responsible for the offence shall be punished in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph.

People are really losing their marbles over this. I was at the gym and several people were talking about Corona, anxious about when a vaccine will come etc. The worst part was that one of them was a Dr. and she was telling people that until a vaccine is available the best protection is to get the FLU SHOT!! :headbash:

Back
Top Bottom