Based on the bare facts and numbers, this particular wind never got up to more than a gentle breeze.

There is zero evidence to support that thesis. In fact, there is negative evidence given that corona viruses are standard "flu like viruses" and as a general rule, such viruses are widely active only in the winter.

Sounds like the same kind of baseless statements made by the media and governments. The "epidemic is silent". Really? So it's the same as if there is no actual epidemic. But it's "silent" so it's really there, even if there's no evidence for it.

"The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - Donald Rumsfeld talking crap about the WOT.

What you can envisage is perhaps made up mostly of images implanted in your head by the MSM and govt.

No doubt the madness will continue for a while, but that has, at this point, no relevance whatsoever to what this flu like virus is actually doing. This is an "the emperor has no clothes" moment, and most people are applauding wildly at the sartorial splendor of the naked regent.

Are you saying it'll get better as we move into the spring and summer as this is the flu? (I.e. seasonal?)

So cases around the world would drastically decrease and new confirmed cases will sink compared to what was being reported in Feb /March?

Covid-19 update from my city in the UK.

Life continues as normal. No closures. Restaurants, shops, bars, you name it... All open. I hear rumors that the government will close all universities. Tbh, I think they were due to close for spring anyways in a couple of weeks.

People outside are normal, no tension. Went to the supermarket today, all was normal, can confirm there was toilet roll in the relevant aisle.

Work wise, my company is following government lines - office still open though for those concerned (e.g. due to using public transport or having to care for children / elderly) they can work from home. Company has infrastructure to support home working on a mass scale, they carried out recent tests where headquarters in London was shut for a day and everyone had to work from home so IT can test the infrastructure. Regional offices only have a handful of people compared to the thousands in London.

Are you saying it'll get better as we move into the spring and summer as this is the flu? (I.e. seasonal?)

So cases around the world would drastically decrease and new confirmed cases will sink compared to what was being reported in Feb /March?

I know, it's a shocking idea. :rolleyes: Btw, cases around the world aren't drastic enough to drastically reduce.

The actual tweet from Salt Lake City PD reads:

Due to the confirmed case of #COVIDー19 from community spread, SLCPD is asking all criminal activities/nefarious behavior to cease until further notice. We appreciate your anticipated cooperation in halting crime & thank criminals in advance. #SocialDistancingNow #behaveyourself

Oh yeah, this is gonna go great.

If anything, I think everyone should be wary of what all those criminal minds out there will start doing when the general 'community awareness' that normally keeps people in check is dropped because the streets are empty.

And more generally still, something else to consider is that there's a reason why so many people, men especially, are devoted sports spectators. If they're not channeling their aggression or religiosity or whatever into supporting their sports team, then all that 'energy' has to go somewhere...

I know, it's a shocking idea. :rolleyes: Btw, cases around the world aren't drastic enough to drastically reduce.

If this happens, I swear to God!

Okay, let's wait and see how things move forward. Confirmed cases at the moment are 170k... Reckon by April 1st confirmed cases will be between 250k - 300k, will be interesting to see the trajectory from there on out.

And more generally still, something else to consider is that there's a reason why so many people, men especially, are devoted sports spectators. If they're not channeling their aggression or religiosity or whatever into supporting their sports team, then all that 'energy' has to go somewhere...

Speaking of which, a work college told me that he had tried for decades to get his hands on tickets for a football world-cup or europe—cup and now had finally succeeded in it and has fixed plans to go there in June to the football stadium in England to watch it. Then he said angrily, quote, „if those idiots will cancel the europe cup, I tell you right now, I’ll run amok!“. In the meantime there is already talk about canceling the europe cup, so his worst fears could very well come true.

He also said that he frankly thinks that this whole craziness is just another purposeful attempt to crush the world economy, like in 2008, since those idiots try that on purpose every ten years or so.

Okay, let's wait and see how things move forward. Confirmed cases at the moment are 170k... Reckon by April 1st confirmed cases will be between 250k - 300k, will be interesting to see the trajectory from there on out.

You can take "confirmed cases" with a grain of salt. Last year, "the flu" (an unknown mix of various "flu-like viruses") infected an estimated 800 million people. Kinda makes your 250k seem insignificant, eh?

Things here (Oregon) are quickly coming to a standstill. Schools, library, and events closed. It took me three stores yesterday for find some Sodium Bicarbonate, and there were only a few boxes left on that shelf, so the word about SB must be getting out.

A friend just called from LA, and reported pure craziness, such as, police are now in the stores counting items like milk (only allowed 2 containers) and lines going all the way around stores.

A friend from Phoenix Arizona went to the store at 7am this morning (Sunday) to avoid crowds and was number 40 in line to get into the store.

The very few friends and relatives that I have seem to be buying in on the hype, and I’m feeling like the odd man out, becoming more cautious as to what I do, and don't say.

The air here is quite clean, and Iv been walking in the park. Few people but still people out walking dogs a such.

You can take "confirmed cases" with a grain of salt. Last year, "the flu" (an unknown mix of various "flu-like viruses") infected an estimated 800 million people. Kinda makes your 250k seem insignificant, eh?

Wait one second! If this is just another variation of the flu... Then why is the whole world going bonkers? :nuts:

Plus, why is Italy running out of hospital beds....

Also just seen this

This must be one hell of a weird flu to create all this craziness...

Back
Top Bottom