Add to that the apparent fact that Italy was hit hard for some reason. Elderly population? Rafts of migrants? Tourists? Who knows. But when your healthcare system is on the verge of collapsing anyway, the slightest surge is gonna be bad news.

There was a theory that this was a bio-weapon aimed at Iran, and that because Italians share some of the same genomes(?) with Iranians, it is also affecting them more. US main factor behind biological warfare, coronavirus cover-up: Iran official Since the US has been trying to get Iran for a very long time, I can understand why they think this way.

I also do not understand how all the CEOs of these major companies are going along with all this crap being instituted. They are participating in their own demise!

Wow, as other's have said this is a fast moving thread. Nice to see so many people here participating.

What is crazy about the situation is curfews and statements about closures until foreseeable future , it could last until august ( trump) etc. Last week, 1.5 trillion promised to Wall Street, still market went down 13%. Then trump talked about another trillion. It was not sure it same trillion or separate, trump is saying he will give 800 billion to businesses effected by the measures. Tax filing date will be extended by 45 days. Is decision makers thinking about the implications? They are printing left and right and there no consideration to logistics of how they will feed 300 million people? Do they really think they can feed 300 million people for 6 months just by printing paper?

last year, floods devastated bread basket of US reducing many crops to two thirds like corn etc. is this entire thing to control the inevitable food shortages in the name of coronavirus?

how do they know it will last for un foreseeable future or august, when China can control it in 2 months and the panic is supposed to be due lack of knowledge of the mutation. Even during the peak period in China, didn’t last more than a month. These statements are so irresponsible and it is during the election year?. They are not saying ‘we will get through it, be patient’, instead they are saying it will last long, get used to it. It’s like those post 911 statements, like ‘war on terror will last for long time.’

why do they need curfew at night? Do they think people vandalize some thing in the night because there is coronavirus?. It doesn’t make sense. Are they plan to do some thing in the night which they don’t want any body to see? If there are riots it make sense, not for coronavirus. Do they expect people come out in the night, when people are not even coming in the morning?

This looks like most unplanned action ever heard. May be they have.
May be they have body bags, black bags ready for 97% containers and wants to take in the night?

I know It looks crazy, but Nothing making sense of these measures.

One of my colleagues who has totally bought into the hysteria told me she has a friend at the CDC. Apparently her friend told hers that they are implementing social controls as quickly as possible but also in a step by step way because people get used to the "new normal" very quickly. This is from a text chain we were having on Sunday:

In my convo w the public health friend who's researching the virus he said this odd thing about how research has shown that people adjust to a new normal quickly. This is the context of him saying that response to the virus is political, that even though strict social isolation could contain this, closing everything too quickly would lead to panic. I think the government is rolling out restrictions so that we get used to it and then will call the lockdown. My guess is a week.

One of the effects of the mass hysteria is that people are more willing to accept all of these restrictions in the name of "public safety". When the "crisis" is over people will have forgotten to a greater or lesser extent what life was like "before the crisis". The longer it lasts the more people will forget. Just look at how quickly everyone forgets about the last "crisis" and the one before that. It will be easy for them to keep some or all restrictions in place, especially if there is some other outbreak or new "crisis" that they can use to justify it.

There is an incredible session Session 23 March 2019 about the underlying basis of the physiology and the role of proteins, as antennas for information. Viruses may not have a cell of their own, but they have some code enveloped in proteins. For this reason they should also be able to pick up information, and it may help to explain why and how a virus can interact with a host and modify its structure to fit or not fit.

I reviewed the session you quoted. Thanks for bringing it up, I had mostly forgotten it. One quote that stood out to me:

Q: (Joe) Why do starlings flock and move in the way they do in apparent instantaneous communication?

A: Love. Flowing and fluid movements are an expression of delight in life.

Q: (L) I would say that that doesn't mean in general, but...

A: Not always, but generally, yes.

I had two thoughts about this. We can see how the current panic is causing the human population to move in apparent "unison", but it is a stampede, a panicked herky-jerky movement and not the flowing and fluid movements that we see in a flock of birds or a school of fish. It occurred to me that I could track my own "delight in life" by checking in with myself and my body, checking in with how my body is moving. When I am afraid or angry or "shut down" emotionally my body becomes very tense and stiff. I am certainly not loving life when I am shut down.

Don't forget about Giovanni Boccaccio's book that was recently referenced on Sott:

Today, we see the Decameron as a collection of entertaining stories to keep next to your bed. In the 14th century, it was a form of social prescribing. According to Pace University's Martin Marafiot, Boccaccio's prescription for an epidemic was a good dose of "narrative prophylaxis". That meant protecting yourself with stories. Boccaccio suggested you could save yourself by fleeing towns, surrounding yourself with pleasant company and telling amusing stories to keep spirits up. Through a mixture of social isolation and pleasant activities, it was possible to survive the worst days of an epidemic.

Don't get caught up in the fear and panic (I'm addressing this to anyone reading this post, not just seek10). Keep in mind what the C's have said so many times and in so many ways about how life is lessons, enjoy the show, get the popcorn, etc. This too shall pass.

If you start getting overwhelmed sit and meditate and feel into your body. That is real (or at least more real than what's in the non-stop media coverage). Watch the sunrise or sunset. Look around for dogs playing and the wind in the trees.

I'm not advocating for a "pretend that nothing is going on and focus on the positive" "love and light" kind of head in the sand attitude, rather remember that life will go on and remember what the C's have said about how we should be during this time and not just what that they said might happen. Just sharing some thoughts that have been helpful for me in the last few days.

:flowers:

All I can say is: wow! Things are getting super crazy right now and people seem to have lost all common sense. Even one lady I work with who, on Saturday just there, was saying "it's just the like flu only way less of a mortality rate. I don't understand all the panic" has now changed her tune in 3 days to talking about droplets and particles flying about and that we should close down in case we kill all of our elderly relatives. It's insane.

The town centre here is eerily quiet and there aren't as many cars on the road. The schools are still open at the moment, but that looks like it may change very soon. I have to admit, as a self-employed person I am concerned about what will happen if my "non-essential" business is forced to close till further notice, but for now I'm plugging on and still almost fully booked - at least my clients have some sense! Many of them have been sending me updates on what the government have been saying about helping small businesses so I am grateful to have a support network both in the forum and here at home.

I spoke to a nurse who works at the local hospital this morning and she has already worked 48 hours this week (and it's only Wednesday) as they are having to cover 10 other shifts amongst the remaining staff because of all the self-isolation.

To chime in on the lack of hospital beds even before this crisis - one of my clients recently gave birth on the hospital floor because there wasn't a bed for her, so this is already a problem in Scotland too.

I hope everyone is staying safe and well amidst the panic. :flowers:

Our shift duties are being shuffled around so there can always be two teams, one works one week and the other the next week and so forth. That way losses are minimized if the first team gets a hit. The second team has to remain on standby duty, of course.
This is how some corporations organizing the duties in NYC. They divided all employee's in to 2 teams. Team A will work at office for a week, while Team B is working from home. In between they will clean entire office building. Other companies, it is either shut down or all work from home.

Hello all, could I please ask for some advice? Two girls I know (neighbour's daughter and her friend, both 10) only just created an app-group with only me and them in it. I think they are bored and/or freaking out a bit and I know they like and trust me big time. So I have to guide them a bit I guess. One of them twice typed "it is corona-time", twice I did not respond to that.
Now I don't have children so I could use advice. What do I say? Ignoring it is not the best and next time I have to respond in the best possible way. I know how to guide my friends and family but 10 year old girls... anything I need to know?

Thank you!

As you probably figured out by now, it's an inventory of human resources at all levels, after all, it's a "national emergency".

Colleagues who own a private medical practice are being asked about their private stock and if they could give it away in case of need. Medical colleges are sending invitations to retired doctors and to those who just finished medical school to step up. By law, health staff is now property of the government, and they can be mobilized wherever and whenever. Our shift duties are being shuffled around so there can always be two teams, one works one week and the other the next week and so forth. That way losses are minimized if the first team gets a hit. The second team has to remain on standby duty, of course. Our holidays, personal commitments, etc. are cancelled until further notice.

I heard the first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in my region. I was starting to think that this coronavirus is the one thing missing in action in this whole affair. Patient is stable, like they say, recovering from a normal flu.

Looking forward for the Taurids later this year! I'll enjoy the show for sure.

As an acupuncturist I'm in a funny position. Its like I'm a healthcare worker but I'm not. I have medical training but most of my biomedicine training is just schooling. I've never done rotations in a hospital before. Our services are considered "non essential" so we are being asked to close down our clinics (or at least its being recommended and there's a ton of social pressure to do so). Some of my acupuncture colleagues have suggested that we should inquire about working in the hospitals to help everyone else. It will be interesting to see if something like that happens, I would like to have the experience in case a real pandemic happens.

They will reverse these measures in 30 to 45 days and then show the public how great they worked in preventing the spread of this killer virus and saved millions of lives. This has been their method over the years. We will not be fooled.

We might not be fooled but the general population will be and will believe that they have been saved by them from a real pandemic. And those of us who will say that they were not a pandemic will be seen as "Holocaust denial".

They will reverse these measures in 30 to 45 days and then show the public how great they worked in preventing the spread of this killer virus and saved millions of lives. This has been their method over the years. We will not be fooled.
I do hope so. Probably the world would have changed by then for ever. What is interesting is the feeling that they are looking for some very short term aim, though they are saying get used to it. probably quick programming to "OBEY". May be some thing lurking in the skies like brown star, as was mentioned in the thread.

What I find strange is that anyone witnessing the collective insanity that has gripped large parts of the world would think that any information from the media is in any way objective. I think we need to really impress upon our own awareness the fact that there is a collective hysteria at work and if we are not careful our own thinking will be seriously skewed by it.

Thanks @Joe for saying it. That is absolutely true and we must be very careful because it is very insidious.

Hello all, could I please ask for some advice? Two girls I know (neighbour's daughter and her friend, both 10) only just created an app-group with only me and them in it. I think they are bored and/or freaking out a bit and I know they like and trust me big time. So I have to guide them a bit I guess. One of them twice typed "it is corona-time", twice I did not respond to that.
Now I don't have children so I could use advice. What do I say? Ignoring it is not the best and next time I have to respond in the best possible way. I know how to guide my friends and family but 10 year old girls... anything I need to know?

Thank you!

Tricky one. Given their age, I think since it will ultimately be down to their parents to make decisions for them, I'd probably direct them back to their parents to answer their questions on that. You may not agree with their parents, but you don't really have a say in what their parents decide or how they choose to act in the situation.

If they are bored and freaking out, you can direct them to age appropriate fun, interesting or educational things.

While talking with different people, my questions were:
1- Do you know anyone who caught this thing?
2- Do you know anyone who knows of anyone, who caught it?
etc.
The final answer, after several no and not really is usually that: if it's on the news it must be true! But nobody questioning even themselves? And that is the very alarming state of affairs!

From what I gather the rumours in my area in the UK is that schools will close this Friday. The following week would be the Easter holidays so minimum 3 weeks with no school. I would imagine there will be another week after that so we've had a full month. I would imagine that's probably the best case scenario.

I'm not sure if anyone had mentioned this so apologies if it's been covered.

Maybe it was already posted and I missed it, but Chinese researchers released a paper about blood types, and that some are more susceptible than others to coronavirus.

According to the paper, blood type A is the most susceptible, O is the least susceptible, and AB and B have equal chances.

It reminded me of Dr. D'Adamo's blood type diet, and his description of epi-genotypes. Maybe this virus is mostly a nothing-burger, but who knows, maybe the results of this research indicate that diet high in animal protein (type O is the Warrior-Hunter genotype) has clear protective properties against this or other similar viruses. :wizard:

P.S. Apparently this paper wasn't peer-reviewed yet, so there are chances that it will be rejected or ignored by the mainstream medical sources. ;-)

Attachments

• 2020.03.11.20031096v1.full.pdf
    167.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
So again, why are they all falling into line with what is basically total self-destruction of companies and wealth?

Could it be that everyone is just terrified of this unknown disease? Maybe that's all it is and the panic and the emergency procedures just kicked in.

How about we just go with the flow and give the readers what they need - solid information on how they can protect themselves and their families.

"So you think you are going to die - here's a couple of things to try first."

Back
Top Bottom