Here in Brazil, the country went from "we gonna be totally okay with this coronavirus thing", to "total collapse of the health system by 31st march". I am tracking the news from SOTT, and other sources, and I confess that I'm really confused about this one. I mean, in H1N1, swine flu, it was rather clear it was an overhyped hoax, but this time its simply everywhere you look.
Rio de Janeiro is in lockdown, as is São Paulo and other cities from Brazil. By next Tuesday, the police will have the power to enforce the lockdown in São Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro will follow suit, setting the model for other cities.
I'm receiving communications from medical doctors from my network of acquaintances saying they are overworked, and the cases keep coming. Young doctors falling ill with nCOVID-19. I mean, what is truly going on?
I think my question to the Cs would be of practical advice regarding finance, and general preparedness.

Things are ramping up here too. I got in trouble in the local food store because I didn't realise we have to wait behind a line taped on the floor for the person in front of us at the till to complete their shopping before we were allowed to put our food on the conveyor belt. :shock:
There was a woman marching up and down behind the tills barking at people who didn't see the new line on the floor "STAND BACK!!! It's for your own safety as well as others!" She was enjoying herself silly with her new powers, whilst all the other shoppers are milling around in the store at normal distances from each other looking on with bemused expressions on their faces. No one was practising social distancing till we got to the till Nazis.
All the face-to-face tellers at the bank were gone at we were shuttled to the "hole in the wall" bank machines to do our deposits. The high street (which sees up to 1 million people a week) looked like this at 3pm in the afternoon on the busiest shopping day of the week. 90413881_3631305216882780_8640905631781355520_o.jpg
On Facebook, I am a member of various holistic therapists groups and on one there was a woman ranting that she had seen a practice offering free massages for NHS nurses. They were baying for their blood, and scheming together to report the practice to the authorities and governing bodies for "inhuman" and "irresponsible" behaviour. :scared: They would have gladly fed them to the wolves if they could.

I've been thinking about the role media plays in this crisis, especially TV, and how they influence a lot of people to believe their lies. This has been very successful in the US in dividing people with their attacks against Trump. At the moment, they're congratulating him on how he handles the virus situation :huh:. I watch these talking heads on CNN etc. and its rather curious how, for years, they can sit there and lie and not seem to be the least bit bothered by it. I've thought of a possible explanation for this and the answer is, the Aliens have been here for quite awhile now and they're in the media business. So the alien invasion has already taken place, I propose 🧐. THEN, this movie came to mind which for some reason hasn't been mentioned yet as far as I know, "They Live", absolutely perfect! Well, I'm not being totally serious here but I thought it was an interesting thought. This movie would be another good one to watch right now. 🍿

edit post, the wrong video so corrected.

Last edited:
Very interesting, indeed! This article says that 70,000 American soldiers landed in Hamburg.

sToRmR1dR, could you please translate this passage, DeepL cannot...

Are they on their way to the Russian front or will they be used to impose the curfew on Germany?
Enquiring minds want to know... :-)

Oh geez this thread has really taken off. It's been difficult to keep up with it since I've been working out of town every other week since December, but what an antidote reading this thread is. My co-workers and myself were watching the news last week when we were in Kamloops, and all three of us were shocked at how maddening the whole corona thing is presented(probably some beaming going on). It's no wonder people can't get a handle on the situation, I felt sick listening to it and felt better only after coming back and reading this thread some more.

One thing I was reminded of is when I read "Masquerade of Angels" most abductions seem to require the abductee to give some form of consent. Even when people get duped by hagglers there is also an element of giving ones consent, and I can't help but be reminded that "the program is complete" may also refer to a whole gullible population willing to give up their free will. And you see this happening as most people give up their freedom because they can't tell reality from fiction, and have been trained to give up their free will. I keep on wondering what is happening behind the scenes of the Corona pandemic, but I'm also just about ready for the show to begin(Well it might have already begun).

This post from luc was an excellent reminder to have faith and consciously move towards a better reality.
Some thoughts on what we can do now.

The other day I had a slight temper fit, but the usual amends didn't seem to work - I was crushed for a whole day, the energy was poisened, I couldn't get a grip on myself at all. Shame and guilt galore. Also, some old crap coming up.

I think it might well be that we have to face our errors and the consequences of our thoughts and actions like never before. Now is the time to work on all that or facing our demons might crush us!

The Cs talked about "hyperkinetic sensate" and such, effects of the Wave. But even on a more earthy level, these days I guess most of us are and will be getting more in touch with our families, communities, and the network, which also means we have to face things.

So let us:

* be extra-excellent to each other
* be extra-generous
* be extra-compassionate
* pray to the DCM to help us see our hidden errors and enable us to correct them
* not run away from suppressed feelings and memories but face them
* get a grip on any feelings of jealousy or resentment, conscious or unconscious, and act against those impulses
* feel and show love to others, and act based on love and knowledge and courage

FWIW

Some thoughts

Good to know that there is at least one European intellectual who hasn't succumbed to the hysteria:

First and foremost, what is once again manifest here is the growing tendency to use the state of exception as a normal governing paradigm. The executive decree (decreto legge), approved by the government “for reasons of hygiene and public safety,” produces a real militarization “of those municipalities and areas in which there is at least one person who tests positive and for whom the source of the infection is unknown, or in which there is a least one case that is not connected to a person who recently traveled from an area affected by the contagion.”

[...]

We might say that once terrorism was exhausted as a justification for exceptional measures, the invention of an epidemic could offer the ideal pretext for broadening such measures beyond any limitation.

For some historical perspective, the Nazi Germany was under constant state of exception during its reign.

Giorgio Agamben on coronavirus

Fear is a poor advisor, but it causes many things to appear that one pretended not to see. The problem is not to give opinions on the gravity of the disease, but to ask about the ethical and political consequences of the epidemic. The first thing that the wave of panic that has paralyzed the country obviously shows is that our society no longer believes in anything but bare life. It is obvious that Italians are disposed to sacrifice practically everything — the normal conditions of life, social relationships, work, even friendships, affections, and religious and political convictions — to the danger of getting sick. Bare life — and the danger of losing it — is not something that unites people, but blinds and separates them. Other human beings, as in the plague described in Alessandro Manzoni’s novel, are now seen solely as possible spreaders of the plague whom one must avoid at all costs and from whom one needs to keep oneself at a distance of at least a meter. The dead — our dead — do not have a right to a funeral and it is not clear what will happen to the bodies of our loved ones. Our neighbor has been cancelled and it is curious that churches remain silent on the subject. What do human relationships become in a country that habituates itself to live in this way for who knows how long? And what is a society that has no value other than survival?

[...]

People have been so habituated to live in conditions of perennial crisis and perennial emergency that they don’t seem to notice that their life has been reduced to a purely biological condition and has not only every social and political dimension, but also human and affective. A society that lives in a perennial state of emergency cannot be a free society. We in fact live in a society that has sacrificed freedom to so-called “reasons of security” and has therefore condemned itself to live in a perennial state of fear and insecurity.

[...]

What is worrisome is not so much or not only the present, but what comes after. Just as wars have left as a legacy to peace a series of inauspicious technology, from barbed wire to nuclear power plants, so it is also very likely that one will seek to continue even after the health emergency experiments that governments did not manage to bring to reality before: closing universities and schools and doing lessons only online, putting a stop once and for all to meeting together and speaking for political or cultural reasons and exchanging only digital messages with each other, wherever possible substituting machines for every contact — every contagion — between human beings.

sToRmR1dR, could you please translate this passage, DeepL cannot...

Are they on their way to the Russian front or will they be used to impose the curfew on Germany?
Enquiring minds want to know... :-)
They say a military drill , DEFFEND EUROPE 2020, more than 70000 soldiers and equipment arrived in Hamburg, Germany. Those drills were anounced last October as they say.

(Does anybody work at a university with access to this article?)

@Woodsman If you go onto "sci hub" and insert the BMJ link or the DOI it brings up the article, although it's only one page. I've quoted it below:

The final case fatality rate (CFR) from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes covid-19, will likely be lower than those initially reported.1 Previous reviews of H1N1 and SARS show the systematic inflation of early mortality estimates.2 3 Early estimates of H1N1’s mortality were susceptible to uncertainty about asymptomatic and subclinical infections, heterogeneity in approaches to diagnostic testing, and biases in confounding, selection, detection, reporting, and so on.2 3 These biases are difficult to overcome early in a pandemic.3

We read Xu and colleagues’ report of 62 cases of covid-19 outside of Wuhan, China, with interest, as no patients died in the study period.5 Compared with a report of the 72 314 cases throughout China, the marked differences in outcomes from Hubei (the province of which Wuhan is the capital) compared with all other provinces are worth a brief discussion.4

The CFR in China (through 11 February) is reported as 2.3%.1 5 The CFR among the initial Wuhan cohort was reported as 4.3%, with a rate of 2.9% in Hubei province.1 5 But outside Hubei the CFR has been 0.4%. Deaths occurred only in cases deemed “critical.” Importantly, the CFR from these reports is from infected, syndromic people presenting to healthcare facilities, with higher CFRs among older patients in hospital (8%-14.8% in the Wuhan cohort).

As accessibility and availability of testing for the novel coronavirus increases, the measured CFR will continue to drop, especially as subclinical and mild cases are identified.6-8 Alternatively, the CFR might not fall as much as in previous epidemics and pandemics, given the prolonged disease course of covid-19 or if mitigation measures or hospital resources prove inadequate.9-12 As with other pandemics, the final CFR for covid-19 will be determined after the pandemic and should not distract from the importance of aggressive, early mitigation to minimise spread of infection.

Yes then there's oil and now banning crypto the real games afoot and the Russians aren't playing ball but understand the game.
Your right about trump telling the journalists at his last press conference not to spread lies and fear regarding the China virus,lots of nods and winks that they no what is going on.

Hello everyone.
Really enjoyed reading some great insights from people around the globe. So glad I joined the group but I just can’t shake this forbidding feeling. The thought of seeing loved ones truly suffer is giving me sleepless nights. My question would be about vaccinations. When they become mandatory I’d love to give the v sign to authorities but I have two young boys and a beautiful wife to protect. Is there a way to have the vaccine and mitigate the side affects? Thanks to everyone for all their great work.

Here's some information on what to do if you are forced to have a vaccine: Compulsory Vaccination

Back
Top Bottom