Everyone that have read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein know that what is happening now is the set up of the Shock...
Not surprisingly Klein is relating this to the Shock Doctrine:
NAOMI KLEIN: “Ideas that are lying around.” Friedman, one of history’s most extreme free market economists, was wrong about a whole lot, but he was right about that. In times of crisis, seemingly impossible ideas suddenly become possible. But whose ideas? Sensible, fair ones, designed to keep as many people as possible safe, secure and healthy? Or predatory ideas, designed to further enrich the already unimaginably wealthy while leaving the most vulnerable further exposed? The world economy is seizing up in the face of cascading shocks... But here is what my research has taught me. Shocks and crises don’t always go the shock doctrine path. In fact, it’s possible for crisis to catalyze a kind of evolutionary leap. Think of the 1930s, when the Great Depression led to the New Deal...
She then goes on to things likely too green/liberal but the general idea of evolutionary leap may be beyond most everybody's wildest ideas lying around.

Last edited:
Regarding the vaccinations.

I’m not sure if this might be of any help, but I came across this medical vaccination exemption downloadable document created by a doctor a couple of years ago.

Maybe Laura’s doctor friend could share some thoughts thereon and whether it might carry any weight:

If it does then maybe we can incorporate something like that into the FOTCM and for anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine.

South Africa on lock-down from Thursday, 26th of March for 21 days (until 15th April?).
All companies will close premisses. Essential services: medical, food supply chains, telecommunication, post-office and banks, remain open. Schools closed a week ago.

Last edited:
“Now we’ll go to a severe scenario in which no one is immune and every second person is sick, so that the disease is incapable of spreading further – namely, a situation where there’s a maximum infection rate of 50 percent.

“We are a country of nine million citizens. So in the worst-case scenario, we are talking about 4.5 million Israelis who will become ill with the coronavirus. Multiply 4.5 million by 0.3 percent and you get 13,500 Israelis who are liable to die from the disease. By comparison, 700 to 2,500 Israelis die every year of complications from other respiratory ailments.”

But German Chancellor Angela Merkel talked about a rate of infection of 70 percent in Germany.
“And Netanyahu talked about a mortality rate of between 2 percent and 4 percent. And do you know what’s most absurd? That in the final analysis [U.S. President Donald] Trump was right. Not that the coronavirus is just plain flu – it absolutely isn’t – but as he put it: ‘This is just my hunch – way under 1 percent’ [will die].’

“We must be cautious, of course, but at the moment a high probability is emerging that the risks are far lower than what the World Health Organization presented. Under two assumptions – that the health system doesn’t collapse and that life continues as usual – we are not likely to see more than 13,500 victims of the coronavirus in Israel.” (About 45,000 people die in Israel in a normal year, which would make for a rise of approximately one-third.)

But, social distancing should lead to fewer cases of infection and death, no?

“No, because we won’t be able to isolate ourselves completely or forever. At some stage, we will have to resume a regular routine, and then the R0 will stabilize at 2 again. Effectively, we are delaying the inevitable. I have no criticism of the decisions made until now. On the contrary: With such a large area of uncertainty, Israel’s decision makers are considering not only a reasonable scenario but also a margin of safety.

So I was coming back from the store and I drove by the Community Center which is closed but there's an outdoor park area with a track and I saw people out there walking and jogging. So I was like; heck yeah! I put my stuff away at home and got some work out attire and some 5lb dumbbells and headed over there. I immediately ran into someone I know who started voicing his opinion how this was all hype only two people have died, and I said yeah and they had other complications. They probably died from something else! So, we had a nice rant about how ridiculous this all is. He asked about my job. I used to wait on him when he came into the restaurant. Great tipper! He asked if I would be able to go back when this was all over, and I said they would take me back in a heartbeat if there's still a job to go back to!

So I just wanted to report that there are others besides us who see through this. Although, not too many so far but that could change.

The crazy thing is that more people in SA are likely to die of hunger due to not being able to get paid (or possible economic collapse) than could possibly die of corona.
I hope not! I feel like being on a plane and hearing Brace!Brace!Brace! Besides the state of poverty, the casualties could be astronomical comparing to any other country due to the HIV and TB prevalence.

Maybe this virus has a effect on our mental abilities as well as respiratory systems. And since one effect is mental, how could there be indications? The lunacy that is going on.

The other day, I wondered if I was really dreaming all this, and I thought about the things that affirmed this was real: the news, the empty shelves at the store... I thought maybe I was reinforcing negative things by paying too much attention to it. But I'd go back to the facts of what is happening, and tell myself: this is real.

And then the president in his news conference says we are at war several times with an invisible enemy...

I was reminded of a video game about aliens that had the ability cast illusions, and they simply made everyone believe that - each other - were the enemy, and they'd kill each other off.
And they were kind of feature-less and shadowy, but had a hallucinogenic aura about them.

So, I thought maybe this manifestation of aliens were really 'of the mind' and a virus acting upon our brains. We are hyped out enough with sensationalism, but then perhaps a virus could infect us and act upon our behavior? Maybe that can explain the hysteria. And it would shadow our normal thoughts, so you can see how that might alter our thinking.
And you can attribute hysteria to other things, and that hysteria causes more hysteria, but if there is a sickness spreading, whether or not it acts upon the mind, it will act upon our minds in the hype. And so if we are aware of this effect and see it as a symptom, then that should calm the hype.

So I just wanted to report that there are others besides us who see through this. Although, not too many so far but that could change.

I think the same way. However I can tell you that my case is different. Personally I am tired of the generated hystera and the absurd panic. And I say this being that I have type 1 diabetes and therefore at higher risk ... supposedly.

The thing is, given my situation, I am not the one who is afraid (I almost died from a diabetic coma so the fear of death does not mean anything anymore) but my own family thanks to the media bombardment and the failure to get down to it. analyze things cold.

I am in a situation where I see the reverse of the plot. But not my family. And even if there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel, they end up contradicting what they receive as information and what they really think.

If the isolation continues, I am convinced that either this brings families closer together, or quite the opposite.

We must take this into account.

The other day, I wondered if I was really dreaming all this, and I thought about the things that affirmed this was real: the news, the empty shelves at the store... I thought maybe I was reinforcing negative things by paying too much attention to it. But I'd go back to the facts of what is happening, and tell myself: this is real.

Personally, I have never felt such a massive disconnect between myself and the rest of the world. It feels as if I just landed on another planet, shaking my head in disbelief about the strange ways of these people. It's astonishing, really. But I'm sure there are many others out there who feel the same, if only somewhat instinctively. I hope they can make the journey towards disillusionment and deprogramming as long as there is still time; a whole new world could open up for them and for everyone. This really seems like a massive reality split.

The official numbers for deaths in Italy is 5,476, but only 12% of that number show a direct causality from coronavirus. That gives us a real number of 657 people (AT MOST) who have died OF coronavirus In Italy.

The official number of infected is 59,138 which gives a true mortality rate of those infected of about 1%. But as many experts have pointed out, it is likely that MANY more people have contracted the virus without knowing (many of you reading this may be among them), which means that the mortality rate will likely drop A LOT.

Great find. In the following I'll use that number (12%) as an upper limit to make some comparisons. First, several pages ago, anka quoted this article:

How Many People Die Annually From Flu In Italy
Italy has a pretty high mortality rate for flu, according to a study that looked into seasonal cases between 2013 and 2017.
According to the study, 68 000 deaths were attributable to flu epidemics in the winter months between 2013 and 2014, and 2016 and 2017 respectively.

This is likely due to the fact that Italy has an ageing population, and the elderly are more at risk, generally.
In January this year, Italy reported that since flu season started in October 2019, over 2 million cases of flu were recorded, resulting in 240 deaths. Most of these fatal cases were elderly patients who suffered complications as a result of the virus.
I was not able to recover link to another article which says that in the middle of February Italy was still experiencing rise in flu cases (and surely in deaths from flu).

I quoted that study too in another post. But I think it's about as helpful as the estimates for Covid deaths: i.e., not very helpful at all. The more I look into it, the more I think that flu deaths have been way over-hyped, similar to what's being done with the coronavirus - as a means to push vaccines. As I pointed out in that post, between 2015 and 2017, total deaths by flu (as recorded on death certificates) were 675, 316, and 663 respectively. There are probably more deaths that were caused by flu but which were officially recorded as pneumonia, but not nearly the inflated numbers suggested by epidemiological/statistical studies suggesting deaths in the mid to upper ten-thousands. The 8000/year figure seems reasonable to me, given the numbers recorded for death by pneumonia:

2017 - 13,516 pneumonia (total respiratory system diseases was 53,272)
2016 - 10,837 pneumonia (total respiratory system diseases was 46,537)
2015 - 11,632 pneumonia (total respiratory system diseases was 48,518)

The CDC says the mortality rate for the flu is 0.13%. If, for the sake of argument, we count ALL Italian pneumonia deaths in 2017 as flu deaths, and compare that to the estimated 8.7 million cases of flu that season, the percentage is 0.16%. If we use 8000, then it's 0.09%. But the number of deaths actually recorded as caused by flu (663 in 2017) is only 0.008%. Plus, that is not taking into account co-morbidity. You run into the same problem with the data that we find with Covid deaths. Usually around 80% of serious cases of the flu in Italy have at least one serious pre-existing condition. So the actual number could be significantly lower than 8000. And even those deaths officially recorded as flu could include some with existing diseases.

So even though there is still uncertainty in the flu data, we can use those figures to compare:

Official flu deaths as recorded on death certificates: as high as 675 per year
Official covid deaths as recorded on death certificates: 12% of 6077 = 729 and rising
Estimated flu deaths per year: 8000

Just looking at death certificates, Covid is looking to be more serious than the flu, with total deaths passing those caused by flu in only just over 3 weeks (compared to a whole flu season). But comparing with the 8000 estimate, so far it's an order of magnitude less deadly so far.

Trying to take into account comorbidities, covid looks even less deadly: Since I haven't been able to find out the specific comorbidity data for the official flu deaths in Italy, I'm just going to assume it is around 80% (same as that for serious cases). That means as few as 135 (going by death certificates) and as many as 1600 people (adding in some pneumonia deaths) die every year in Italy strictly as a result of the flu (no pre-existing conditions). And since only 0.8% of the Covid deaths have no co-morbidities, that means Covid can only be said to have actually caused the deaths of 49 otherwise healthy people so far.

Back
Top Bottom