Something's obviously going on. The LVMH group (one of the wealthiest in the world) which owns the Louis Vuitton stores is setting up a real barricade on its storefront during the Place Vendome confinement in Paris. The photo was posted on March 26th, we can see that all its people are wearing masks which could attest to its legitimacy.
View attachment 34623
They are preparing for civil unrest, next stop, once the economy has started to collapse, people will start rioting and attacking stores.

In short, there is a REASON for the crazy stats in Italy, and probably in other hot spots, though we may not know what those reasons are. And it is just irrational to project the situation in some hotspot on the whole global situation.

Indeed, I thought about too the other day: you have very different numbers in some regions in Italy than you have in most other countries. The obvious thing would be to find out what variables are responsible for this. But no, it's "look at Italy, it so bad! It will be just as bad everywhere else!" The height of irrationality!

I'm asking a quick question here for my daughter-in-law who is worried about her father. He's in his mid 60's, had a heart attack a year ago and had a splint inserted. He's working at a small post office, in contact with a lot of people. She's wondering if taking the VitC is ok for him since he's on blood thinners and likely other meds. He has the Ascorbic acid powder and would add the sodium bicarbonate. I thought it would be ok but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone here may have an answer and save me doing a ton of research on the subject.

I would appreciate it, thank you. Also thanks for all the vital information your all sharing. Its extremely helpful.

In short, there is a REASON for the crazy stats in Italy, and probably in other hot spots, though we may not know what those reasons are. And it is just irrational to project the situation in some hotspot on the whole global situation.
Isn't that a parallel to the climate thing /global warming? They have several spots on earth where they collect data of temperature and CO2 and project it on a so called "world climate", totally ignoring that the collected data is only representative for the spots where they collected them. Fun fact: They collect CO2 data on Maunaloa, a volcano! And guess what: With all that corona stand still of the earth so to say (and all the evidence that the pollution went down), the CO2 levels meassured on Maunaloa are still on the rise! Duh.

Regarding t
I'm asking a quick question here for my daughter-in-law who is worried about her father. He's in his mid 60's, had a heart attack a year ago and had a splint inserted. He's working at a small post office, in contact with a lot of people. She's wondering if taking the VitC is ok for him since he's on blood thinners and likely other meds. He has the Ascorbic acid powder and would add the sodium bicarbonate. I thought it would be ok but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone here may have an answer and save me doing a ton of research on the subject.

I would appreciate it, thank you. Also thanks for all the vital information your all sharing. Its extremely helpful.

Vit C is ok with antiplatel/anticoagulant. For the sodium bicarbonate ok but it can increase sodium intake resulting wth increase of hypertension and or potassium depletium. But little dose not every day is ok.

PS: i am MD

For the sodium bicarbonate ok but it can increase sodium intake resulting wth increase of hypertension and or potassium depletium.

For a better potassium balance, use apple cider vinegar or a fresh lemon.

More info in this thread, also regarding high blood pressure:

The Lemon Bicarb formula

One whole lemon freshly squeezed.
Keep adding SB bit by bit until the fizzing stops.
Add water to make half a glass.
Drink twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening, both on empty stomach.

Apple Cider Vinegar Formula
2 tablespoons of AC vinegar.
1/4 tsp SB
Add water to make half a glass and drink twice a day, in the evening and morning, on empty stomach.

The situation of Lombardia (North Italy) is completely out of ordinary regarding the rest of Italy and still unexplainable.
Actually Lombardia count for 40% of total case (population is 1/6 of total) and most of death (60% of TOTAL death). And they are concentrated in some area and not in most populated area (like Milan).

I 'd like to report two facts that may have played a role.
The first is that at the beginning of February(6th) there was a big train accident at Lodi (a city between Bergamo and Brescia). That recalled and concentrated there a large number of people (medical team, firemen, police plus the people of the train) in a small area. The report say that in the next weeks began the spreading with the first offical case at Codogno (20km near Lodi).

The second fact (as suggested by another user - checked the data) is that in Bergamo/brescia area there was in January 6 cases of fatal Meningitis (4 of type C and 2 of C). This created a fear/hysteria that force the local health association (ASL) to give free vaccination of Meningococcos (from 11 to 60 years for a total of +30000 people vaccinated ). Normally this is a not a free vaccination in the rest of Italy.

I cannot prove anything and they cannot be related but they deserve some consideration.

Funny about the masks people. I also noticed someone today in the store and I was thinking that maybe we should suggest to them that rather than them wasting those masks, they should donate them to the local hospital where they are probably more needed.

I think that hospitals use professional masks, the ones that actually give protection from viruses. The civilian masks have very weak protection. But I'm sure it will be mandated, because why not?! It's a new fashion and a lifestyle statement. 😷

Already gone
I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to use the Russian rutube.ru ? What I am thinking of is when people see a good video which might well quickly be censored, then to download it and then upload it to rutube, after which that link can be shared. Other forum members might know if rutube provides the possibility to upload videos there and if yes, then that would be an alternative to bypass the censorships...at least temporarily.

I think that hospitals use professional masks, the ones that actually give protection from viruses. The civilian masks have very weak protection. But I'm sure it will be mandated, because why not?! It's a new fashion and a lifestyle statement. 😷
Haha, btw, mandatory face mask wearing is incompetible with the ban on wearing face coverings, which is a law in Germany.

This was posted on another group I belong to but I wanted to share it here because I think it illustrates what some people are going through out there who don't have the benefit of this network and all of the good information and perspectives we have here:

Hey all. Well anxiety has had me on a rollercoaster the last few days. Money worries- I found out that the government won’t be helping people who only became recently self employed. Which means I have to live off universal credit alone. This doesn’t cover my bills rent and food. Then worries about my sons 7th birthday next week took over. The pressure of getting presents that might keep him entertained for the next few months. How I need to spend money whilst being aware I don’t know how I will get through next month.. worry of how I will make his day special without him being able to see anyone... So yesterday was an emotional day with more big spikes of anxiety.
I went to bed doing my best to think positive thoughts. To have Faith that somehow we will be just fine. I woke up anxious but determined to only dwell on the positive. Then my son told me he felt unwell. Said he’d coughed all night and felt sick and tired. Immediately internal dread kicked in. He’s got it. So I will get it. And I’m worried about my health- i am worried I may have diabetes which is high vulnerability with CV. I should add that I was concerned about this before CV became a big thing.
So scenarios and questions started flying through my head. Overwhelming feelings of impending doom.
If we were both sick, how would I cope?
If I died, who would my son live with? How would he cope? If I died and he was sick, who would be allowed to look after him? All 3 of my families households have vulnerable people in them. Even his dad, although not diagnosed with anything, isn’t healthy. He has terrible breathing after years of heavy smoking. Who would he go to? Would he blame himself if he gave it to me?
So many horrible heart wrenching thoughts.
Then I realised, if today was to be one of the final days I have with my son, I was not going to be consumed by sadness and fear. I would put that which I can not change aside and make the most of every minute we have with each other. I have had a mind less clouded by anxiety and so have managed to stop putting pressure on myself to achieve perfection (which to me only just scrapes by as good enough) and just order things I think he will like and do a little brain storming for things we can do.
So by doing that we have had a lovely, uneventful but homely lovely day together. He has also shown no signs of being unwell to me all day. Perhaps it was just the physical affects of feeling unsettled in himself.
I do not have control over the future. I can only do my best with the now and appreciate everything I have.
Sending love to all. Be safe and well xxxxx

Back
Top Bottom