Interesting post from the BBC:

First of all, if we need the BBC to explain to us how to read the numbers, it means that the numbers are not as straightforward as people assume.

Is coronavirus causing the deaths?
The death figures being reported daily are hospital cases where a person dies with the coronavirus infection in their body - because it is a notifiable disease cases have to be reported.
But what the figures do not tell us is to what extent the virus is causing the death.
It could be the major cause, a contributory factor or simply present when they are dying of something else.
Most people who die with coronavirus have an underlying health condition, such as heart disease or diabetes, that may be more of a factor.
For example, an 18-year-old in Coventry tested positive for coronavirus the day before he died and was reported as its youngest victim at the time.
But the hospital subsequently released a statement saying his death had been due to a separate "significant" health condition and not connected to the virus.
There are, however, other cases, including health workers and a 13-year-old boy from London, who died with no known health conditions.
The Office for National Statistics is now trying to determine the proportion of these deaths that are caused specifically by coronavirus.

I think this is more on the conflicting information. It is evident that people started questioning the numbers and now we need an editorial to try to diffuse this concern.

If the Office of National Statistics is only now trying to figure out the numbers, what was the lockdown instituted on?

Imperial College London modelling, used to inform government, has suggested 500,000 could have died by August in the UK if the virus was left to rip through the population.

It also warned the government's previous strategy to slow the spread by asking those with symptoms to self-isolate and shield the most vulnerable could have led to 250,000 deaths.

Now, it is hoped the lockdown will limit deaths to 20,000.

So the modelling might be flawed and they hope?

Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, at the University of Cambridge, points out, and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same.

Chart

That does not mean there will be no extra deaths - but, Sir David says, there will be "a substantial overlap".

Then after trying to address the real concerns people have about the numbers, without really clarifying anything, the BBC switches to how efficient the lockdown will be, therefore re-enforcing the idea that the lockdown is needed.

Poeple who haven't woken up by now are mostly lost causes.
Im optimistic on that too! Anyone can get his ass kicked and return to their senses. As I did.
And wise people have said that If you dont give a chance to others you might be on the recieving end one day..

Besides, I need more soldiers in my army 😁
Because Im starting to look at this as a war declaration against me and people and the land from which I was born. And the reason to go to war is not to fight for banks or governments and greed of others. This time its a noble deal! A deal that worth dying for.

I think the same as you. But in these times of real crisis theres not much room to manouver. And as I said, better to bet on the ONLY guy thats saying the truth than to run abroad (and now even that is not an option anymore!). Because, when you honestly look at it, these people who chose to run from this country could have stayed and organized themselves. Thats also the reason why many of us who are here see no clear way out of this. But to think we are done and cant do anything is even worse than trying to gamble on a "politician", osit. And there ARE few politicians who do right by their communities. Its not an impossible situation. Specially if theres a truly woke population that supports them. A rarity, I know.
Besides, I wouldn wanna be in Pernar's shoes if he turns out to be controlled opposition. And we have those in huge numbers. (MOST, Mirela Holy, HNS, Sindikati....) Those are 3 political parties and a sindicate that were offered as opposition only to enter coalitions with rulling crapers. Only Pernar has some kind of a different rhetoric and is ridiculed by all of them.
So Im willing to bet on this. And I was always a lucky bastard :thup:
I'm just curious, what exactly does betting on Pernar mean? In practical terms. Also, you seem uninterested in starting a party of our own that would actually do things to subvert the system itself. I'm dead serious about this. If I could find enough people, I'd do it right this second.

One thing that I saw is that since the beginning of the crisis, the real one, everything I eat has more savour, and some things I am eating have really the taste as they are suppose to have. The scent also is more open. Did it happen to some of you?
I can somehow relate to your experience. Maybe it is because that I'm more grateful for food that I'm eating. I'm hungry only for breakfast, since the craziness I lost apetite and I'm eating way less than before.

Dan Dicks shows the streets of vancouver. The stores are puting wood on there windows. According to him, stealing from the closed shops went from 1 a day to 4 a day.

CIVIL UNREST IS COMING As Retailers Board Up Their Shops! Get Ready For “ORDER OUT OF CHAOS”!!!

I can somehow relate to your experience. Maybe it is because that I'm more grateful for food that I'm eating. I'm hungry only for breakfast, since the craziness I lost apetite and I'm eating way less than before.
I also eat less. 3eggs 3 slices of bacon for breakfast. A little mayo with veggies during the day and 1/2 pound of beef for diner with veggies or as a lettuce burger(s).

I finaly found a place to buy pasture raised beef in Quebec it's a farm in Sherbrooke: Ferme d'Orée. They deliver southshore, Quebec and Montreal once a week. It's also a good tactic to be able to cicrculate farther from home if questions are asked from the ptb.

I'm just curious, what exactly does betting on Pernar mean? In practical terms. Also, you seem uninterested in starting a party of our own that would actually do things to subvert the system itself. I'm dead serious about this. If I could find enough people, I'd do it right this second.
I have nothing agains a new party that makes sense. Organize something and let me know.
But thats way harder than maybe trying to use these 50000 people that are behind Pernar (hence my betting proposal). And maybe Pernar is for a deal. You say you personally know him. I dont. I have to make conclusions on my observations.
BTW. Last time I was putting my belief in pol.parties was when Piratska (Pirate Party) Stranka was formed. When was this? 8 years ago? That lasted for a month and since then I havent seen anyone thats worth a candle. ŽZ circus and Pernar from the start were clowns to me. And if it was not for Margetić I wouldnt even be looking at Pernar.

After the initial frenzy, there's hardly anybody in the stores these days, so how come the shelves are still empty? This doesn't make sense.
I went shopping yesterday and everything except for toilet paper and rice seemed to be there. Even chicken was back, although they were still limiting 2 packs per customer, I didn't see any shortage, but maybe in Toronto there still is a shortage.
I wonder what people living in the new condominiums in Toronto are doing for food and cooking in those trendy no oven kitchen apartments?

If all you have is a microwave, you can do with frozen food that fits. Not sure where they have room to stockpile, so they are dependent on take-out and delivery, as long as that is still running.

"The Munich police received more reports on Saturday than ever since the exit restrictions came into effect on March 21. As reported by the police headquarters, there were 344 complaints, the vast majority (324) were directed against people who did not comply with the exit restrictions (on Saturday there were 251). In Munich, because of the beautiful weather, a particularly large number of people stayed on the Isar and in the parks, said a police spokesman. By Sunday morning, the officials had carried out more than 7,000 checks."

I encourage many of my friends to do their own research instead of continuing to walk faithfully with hand-made mouthguards, legitimizing the darkest interior as a virtue, and betraying its neighbors and / or friends. And I notice, at least in my region, the first resistance and the beginning of critical thinking. There is hope!

This is something to ponder, and here is snippet from the post in FT written by Mario Draghi, who is btw the person chiefly responsible for inflating everything bubble, so this is what he thinks:

The challenge we face is how to act with sufficient strength and speed to prevent the recession from morphing into a prolonged depression, made deeper by a plethora of defaults leaving irreversible damage. It is already clear that the answer must involve a significant increase in public debt. The loss of income incurred by the private sector — and any debt raised to fill the gap — must eventually be absorbed, wholly or in part, on to government balance sheets. Much higher public debt levels will become a permanent feature of our economies and will be accompanied by private debt cancellation.

I'm not sure what he means by that "private debt cancellation", I'm rather skeptical and will wait to see it first.

Hi Mikkael. I would interpret this as the debt-junkies demanding that the politicians accept that the people be squeezed dry to save the debt making, drug fiends who depend on an endless supply of free money (i.e. free drugs) so as to leverage their 'speshulness' onto the rest of us.

Essentially the FT - which is one of the key carriers of command to the political class on behalf of those in the insulated world of god-like aspiring 'high-finance' - is saying 'more of the same for us, but we wont be paying for any of this by the way - the 'public will' (more debt=more inflation=higher prices+higher taxes). Zero % or negative interest rates means that there is no forward price value in the money (an essential risk/reward balancing equation in the decision to borrow or make more debt). Its saying all the cost is being shunted down the road onto other people 'in the future' - though that future may be next year with tax rises say required to reflect the new 'austerity' and the fact that its all your fault, bad human! They can then use this today at whatever interest rate they like (20% plus say) to make huge free profits on top of the gift of free money. Its called a print your own mafia extortion racket.

When they say it needs to be accompanied by 'private debt cancellation' they are saying 'give us our saturated cakes and let us eat them all.... plus all the other cakes in the store as well!' i.e. whilst all the above is going on, we also expect you politicians to evaporate all the debt we few have built up when we 'borrowed all that free money you've given us since 2008 and pile the cost of so doing back onto the public purse.

Pure psychopathy unleashed; utter madness - and reveals what economic/central banking has always been - institutionalized fraud and day light robbery. Its just no longer pretending to be based on any kind of checks and balances, reality or equity.

In a line it means - milk them all until they drop!

Hope that all makes sense. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom