If the C19 comet brings friends, any major asteroid impact could be made to look as a nuclear strike from a foe by the media, therefore allowing a strike back.
Depending on the location of the strike, still ...they have been preparing in case it happened. Anything can be used as ...whatever...
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/nasa-fema-international-partners-plan-asteroid-impact-exercise-0 said:
NASA, FEMA, International Partners Plan Asteroid Impact Exercise
April 24, 2019

UPDATE
Each day this week, we will be providing updates on a fictional impact scenario playing out at the International Planetary Science Conference in College Park, Maryland. This scenario is designed to help key decision makers practice for a real asteroid impact. Currently, there is no known asteroid with a significant probability of impacting Earth in the next century.

Day 5: What Was This Exercise All About?

This week at the 2019 Planetary Defense Conference, conference participants were tasked with responding to a hypothetical asteroid impact scenario in which they have eight years to stop an asteroid on a collision course with Earth. Every day, the audience heard updates — at one point, they weren't sure whether the 140-260-meter-wide (500-850 feet) asteroid was actually going to hit Earth. Once they found out it was on a certain collision, NASA and space agencies around the world decided to send a fleet of kinetic impactors to deflect the asteroid. The kinetic impactors hit the asteroid…but ended up splitting off a chunk, which, on Day 4 (four years from impact), again was headed towards Earth.

"Each day we ask, what if?" said Paul Chodas, the creator of this week's scenario and the director of the Center for Near Earth Object Studies at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. He stressed that no one at the conference believes that this exact scenario would play out this way in real life. More likely, any asteroid heading towards a certain Earth impact would end up in an ocean. But that's not the point of an exercise like this, he said.

"We need to challenge ourselves and ask the tough questions," Chodas said. "You don't learn anything if you don't study the worst possible case each day."

Today, on Day 5 of the exercise, we've jumped ahead in time to 10 days from impact. Scientists on the ground now know that the asteroid is headed towards New York City. The small asteroid will enter Earth's atmosphere at 19 km/s (43,000 mph) on April 29, 2027, producing a large fireball or "megabolide," and predicted to release 5-20 megatons of energy in the airburst.

Participants discussed the financial, economical, and human consequences of an impact over a large, densely populated area like New York City.

"Bringing together the disaster management community and the scientific community is critical to preparing for a potential asteroid impact in the future," Leviticus Lewis of the Response Operations Division for FEMA. "This exercise is valuable in that it continues the work currently in progress to identify key questions and issues for this low probability but high consequence scenario."

Day 4: Fragment of Asteroid 2019 PDC Hurtles Towards Earth

EXERCISE ONLY—Today’s update of the hypothetical impact scenario puts us in September of 2024, when NASA announces that although the kinetic impactors have collided with the asteroid 2019 PDC, a 50-80 meter fragment (165-260 feet) has broken off and is on a certain collision course with Earth. The orbiting observation spacecraft was also lost during the kinetic impactor engagement. Although the International Asteroid Warning Network isn’t certain where the asteroid will strike, they’ve narrowed down possible locations to the Eastern United States or somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean on April 29, 2027. A ground-based observation campaign is underway to learn more about the asteroid and where exactly it will strike Earth.

Day 3: Collision Location Revealed in Hypothetical Impact Scenario

EXERCISE ONLY – Wednesday’s impact scenario exercise advances the calendar once again, but this time multiple years to December 30, 2021. In this hypothetical future, NASA’s reconnaissance mission to asteroid 2019 PDC reveals that the 140-260 meter asteroid is headed for an impact just outside Denver, Colorado on April 29, 2027. The agency plans to launch two spacecraft in spring 2022 to rendezvous with the asteroid to learn more about it. While the rendezvous spacecraft are cruising towards 2019 PDC, NASA and other international partners will also launch six missions, each holding multiple kinetic impactors, to try to push the asteroid away from its life-threatening orbit. The impactors will collide with 2019 PDC in late August, 2024.

Day 2 Impact Scenario Update at the 6th International Planetary Defense Conference
EXERCISE ONLY–Tuesday’s hypothetical scenario update advances the calendar to July 2019, when asteroid 2019 PDC has a 1 in 10 chance of colliding with Earth on April 29, 2027. This probability was calculated by experts in the International Asteroid Warning Network using hundreds of observations from telescopes around the world. Additional space-based infrared observations from the NEOWISE spacecraft, allow experts to estimate the size of the asteroid at about 140-260 meters (460-850 feet). If an asteroid of this size should impact, it could release 100-800 megatons of energy, devastating a large region, but not enough to cause a global catastrophe, according to experts. The international forum for space agencies called the Space Mission Planning Advisory Group (SMPAG) recommends that space-capable nations should prepare for space-based reconnaissance missions and mitigation activities.

While headlines routinely report on “close shaves” and “near-misses” when near-Earth objects (NEOs) such as asteroids or comets pass relatively close to Earth, the real work of preparing for the possibility of a NEO impact with Earth goes on mostly out of the public eye.

For more than 20 years, NASA and its international partners have been scanning the skies for NEOs, which are asteroids and comets that orbit the Sun and come within 30 million miles (50 million kilometers) of Earth’s orbit. International groups, such as NASA’s Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO), the European Space Agency’s Space Situational Awareness-NEO Segment, and the International Asteroid Warning Network (IAWN) have made better communication of the hazards posed by NEOs a top priority.

In the spirit of better communication, next week at the 2019 Planetary Defense Conference, NASA’s PDCO and other U.S. agencies and space science institutions, along with international partners, will participate in a “tabletop exercise” that will play out a realistic—but fictional—scenario for an asteroid on an impact trajectory with Earth.

A tabletop exercise of a simulated emergency is commonly used in disaster management planning to help inform involved players of important aspects of a possible disaster and identify issues for accomplishing a successful response. In next week’s exercise, attendees at the conference will play out a fictional NEO impact scenario developed by the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s Center for NEO Studies (CNEOS).

“These exercises have really helped us in the planetary defense community to understand what our colleagues on the disaster management side need to know,” said Lindley Johnson, NASA’s Planetary Defense Officer. “This exercise will help us develop more effective communications with each other and with our governments.”

This type of exercise is also specifically identified as part of the National Near-Earth Object Preparedness Strategy and Action Plan developed over a two-year period and published by the White House in June 2018.

These exercises are not tightly scripted. The point is to investigate how NEO observers, space agency officials, emergency managers, decision makers, and citizens might respond to an actual impact prediction and evolving information. Next week’s exercise events will occur over the five days of the conference, with exercise leaders briefing participants on the status of the scenario at the end of each day and soliciting response ideas and feedback, based on the latest fictional data.

The scenario begins with the fictional premise that on March 26, astronomers “discovered” a NEO they consider potentially hazardous to Earth. After a “few months” of tracking, observers predict that this NEO – dubbed 2019 PDC – poses a 1 in 100 chance of impact with Earth in 2027 (in real life, the international community has decided that a 1 in 100 chance of impact is the threshold for action). Participants in this exercise will discuss potential preparations for asteroid reconnaissance and deflection missions and planning for mitigation of a potential impact’s effects.

NASA has participated in six NEO impact exercises so far – three at Planetary Defense Conferences (2013, 2015, 2017) and three jointly with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The three NASA-FEMA exercises included representatives of several other federal agencies, including the Departments of Defense and State. Each exercise builds on lessons learned in the previous exercise.

What NASA has learned from working with FEMA is that emergency management officials are not focused on the scientific details about the asteroid. “What emergency managers want to know is when, where, and how an asteroid would impact and the type and extent of damage that could occur,” said Leviticus Lewis, Response Operations Division for FEMA.

But the scientific details are what determine these things, so NASA-funded researchers continue to develop capabilities for determining more exact possible impact locations and effects, based on what could be observed about an asteroid’s position, orbital motion and characteristics, to be ready to produce the most accurate predictions possible in the event an actual impact threat were discovered.

“NASA and FEMA will continue to conduct periodic exercises with a continually widening community of U.S .government agencies and international partners,” said Johnson. “They are a great way for us to learn how to work together and meet each other’s needs and the objectives laid out in the White House National NEO Preparedness Action Plan.”

{/quote]

Could be a problem where I live, we have bylaw officers, little men with a tin badge and a uniform, on foot patrolling the streets, to ensure people are following social distance rules and non-compliance to isolation.
Yesterday there was 27 complaints from the community regarding social distances and 2 complaints of people not self isolating when requested to do so.
When I go out I feel like I'm doing something illegal :D it is not fun, its tense, especially knowing that people are denouncing now. Yesterday I met some officers but I was with the dog. Expected that they will warn me for using public park, but nothing happened. I said them hello as we were against each others and continue my walk.

I thought a little bit about the celestial bodies coming closer and happened that I paired it with a careful re-reading of the last session and I came to some conclusions which are of course only assumptions. I based it on what was said in the lat session - they weren't envisioning lock-down in this way, they took this opportunity to do so to implement their agendas. They wanted to do it anyway and opportunity came by parroting China and also because they were afraid of their positions(if virus escaped and is doing opposite of what was intended people could start to see). This is perfect situation to vaccinate and push total control. Puppet masters from level up knows a bit more about how it will be, but they don't let puppets know that they are ruled by them, so 4D pushed for current situation that is producing a lot of negative feelings of which they feed and is creating the greatest amounts of confusion and fear in people so no one can 'feel good' in any way and when the time comes, maybe for massive discharge or hit, there will be only negativity and confusion so it will be easier for Lizzies to take control of situation. Puppets maybe don't pay attention to cosmos because of greed and hubris and may be surprised that they were just a tool.
I'm sorry for poor language, tried to explain my ideas the best I could, I don't know even if they are of any value at all, just fell the need to think about this possibilities and I wanted to share results of it.
I very much appreciate your constant activity, news, ideas, bursts of laugh from time to time - laugh is priceless.

I'm actually in the middle of a decision right now - 2 relatives want to come over for Easter, and on the one hand, I'm like "great!", and the rebellious part in me totally wants to do it. On the other hand, I thought about postponing it because I don't know how neighbors and the community will react.
This weekend I'm taking my family to see my parents. I'm not going to stop doing that out of concern of how the community will react.

I think normal people will be destroyed in isolation. I think getting together with normal people is necessary for mental health.

I'm actually in the middle of a decision right now - 2 relatives want to come over for Easter, and on the one hand, I'm like "great!", and the rebellious part in me totally wants to do it. On the other hand, I thought about postponing it because I don't know how neighbors and the community will react. There are also many elderly people here, and some of them are afraid. So it might be considerate not to "play the rebel" in this situation. How many other people are faced with such moral dilemmas right now I wonder.

If the neighbors or others come up to you and ask you why you had relatives over, you could say that you understand their concerns, but that you made sure that none of you had any symptoms and that you all sat down with a distance of 1.5/2m from each other. That's what I'd do! Of course, in reality, you were all just sitting nicely next to each other (if your relatives aren't buying the whole thing!).

Fishing for trout when there's still snow on the ground and some ice near the shore, for me are ideal conditions. As a kid, I would go with two older male Cousin's early in the morning. They would bring small wooden foot stools to sit on the ice near where they cut a fishing hole. I never trusted going out on the ice, instead, I would find a big rock, stand near the shore line and throw it a few feet from me. I wouldn't get as many fish as them but it was still fun. I would bring a meat clever to cut the tail and head but let them clean them. (YuK!) Back to the kitchen, they would be rinsed and left soaking in salt water for a half hour. Rinsed again and pat dry, with some wrapped up in freezer paper and put in the freezer. A favorite meal was trout fried in butter with potato pancakes on the side.

As for garden seeds, I have the option of Home Depot or Lowe's for quality seed but a step up from them is Agway, a store that caters to farm supplies and pet foods. They carry their own brand in large pre-packaged paper envelopes, starting mid- March and beginning of April. They get sold out quick.

There's another option, more cost effective. Collect your own seed from produce purchased at the grocery store. A tomato can be rinsed, pat dry and cut in half. Remove the seeds into a metal strainer. Rinse them in cold water, let it drain. I save the large plastic lids that come with ground coffee containers. Tap the seed into the lid, spread the seed around with your finger and in 3-4 days, they will dry light brown in color. I save small jelly glass bottles to save seed in - just label it. The same can be done with pepper's and squash. Celery - cut the lower bottom off and place it partially in the soil to form roots, same with garlic and onion sets. Some vegetables and lettuce, spinach etc. you have to plant by seed but can leave a few at the end of the season - to go into flower/seed and collect for the next planting. Beans of any kind can be dried and saved. I purchase a few small sweet potatoes and just put them in the ground and cover them with soil but plant them near a fence or corner in the garden because the vines like to spread. Years ago, I use to buy the one pound bags of dry lima beans or mixed beans for soup ... and plant them in the garden. I can no longer do that because now, they "radiate" the seed before packaging. Spoiled my fun!

I noticed, Russia has stopped flights bringing some Russian citizen's back home. I sense, the decision was made for their protection? All commercial flights are standing on the ground and only emergency responders and police/military are flying the friendly skies, with some exceptions, like flying medical equipment and supplies and other humanitarian relief/food supplies. If the Pentagon/NATO are seriously contemplating "something really STUPID" and looking for an excuse - a plane full of Russian's might be an easy target? It's better to err on the side of safety - then be sorry?

Russia to halt flights bringing Russians home overnight on Friday: Ifax cites sources
Chechnya becomes first Russian region to impose coronavirus curfew
Russian PM says coronavirus situation could become 'worst case scenario'
Russian ventilators shipped to U.S. made by firm under U.S. sanctions: RBC
U.S. paying Russia for entire planeload of coronavirus equipment: U.S. official
Russian army to send coronavirus help to Serbia

Ukraine tightens restrictions to fight coronavirus spread
Red Cross to deliver supplies for COVID-19 patients on front lines of Ukraine conflict

Coronavirus forces cancellation of French 'bac' exam for first time since Napoleon
France's coronavirus death toll jumps as nursing homes included
France races to boost supplies of critical medications
Police get tough on French holidaymakers trying to break virus lockdown

Merkel ends her self-quarantine, returns to chancellery
Merkel signals lockdown in Germany could go beyond Easter
German minister plans further tightening of border controls: Spiegel

Spain overtakes Italy in coronavirus cases, death rate slows
Hospitals are 'at maximum stress' in Spain's second worst-hit region by coronavirus
"They just sedate them"; coronavirus overwhelms Spain's care homes

Britain's Queen Elizabeth to make rare address to nation over coronavirus
Britain's Prince Charles opens massive new field hospital to fight coronavirus
Britain's coronavirus peak will be in next few weeks, health minister says

Europe's north-south lockdown divide revealed by Google data
Twitter removes accounts linked to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, other countries
Gender divide: Peru, Panama limit men and women to alternate days out to stall virus
Chilean capital gets another visit from cougar amid coronavirus lockdown

Australia closes internal borders to capitalise on fall in new coronavirus cases
Australia says true coronavirus infections could be as high as 10 million cases
Australia's health system capable of managing coronavirus pandemic: prime minister

Bolsonaro says coronavirus 'not all it's being made out to be'
Brazil turns to China for help in coronavirus fight, eyes U.S. cooperation
Mistrustful of state, Brazil slum hires own doctors to fight virus
Brazil's Bolsonaro isolated, weakened by coronavirus denial
Brazil's health minister eclipses Bolsonaro approval in coronavirus crisis: poll
One Brazilian minister shines as coronavirus clobbers Bolsonaro

Some ultra-Orthodox Israelis chafe at coronavirus restrictions
Israel seals off ultra-Orthodox town hit hard by coronavirus
Elderly to be evacuated en masse from ultra-Orthodox Israeli town hit by coronavirus
( Ultra-Jewish-Elite to their luxury bunker? )

EU Commission apologizes to Italy over coronavirus response, deaths push higher
Trump, Macron weigh U.N. leaders' meeting on coronavirus: White House

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump meets with France's President Emmanuel Macron, ahead of the NATO summit, in Watford, in London, Britain, December 3, 2019. Ludovic Marin/Pool via REUTERS's President Emmanuel Macron, ahead of the NATO summit, in Watford, in London, Britain, December 3, 2019. Ludovic Marin/Pool via REUTERS
U.S. President Donald Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron on Friday discussed convening the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council to discuss increasing United Nations cooperation on fighting the coronavirus, the White House said.
I see the French are cancellng their bac, while my daughter is expected to do the European bac in June, because all this online schooling is working so marvellously. It's not official yet, however. They should sweat and slave a bit longer. We must all make sacrifices you know!

School is now closed until 3rd May (we know that won't happen though).
The pupils were allowed each a 15 minute window this week, where they could separately collect materials/books from their lockers. Alas, one of the security guard tested positive for the virus, so access has been regretably denied. They may try again next week, unless another guard should happen to also test positive or anything of that nature. I think the head master phrased it more diplomatically. Oh yes, and he was delighted with the extent of cooperation from staff, parents and pupils alike. Programming complete, oh most magnificant overlords.

Don't know if this is appropriate, but I figure after reading pages of this thread, we all need a good laugh.

Did you know Hitler has the coronavirus and he's is MAD!
:rotfl:
It seems to be a clip from a German movie, some creative person has used CC to dub the dialogue. Unfortunately, German speakers will hear the German dialogue in the background. just mute the sound to get the full effect.

If this is not appropriate, could Mods delete the post.

Don't know if this is appropriate, but I figure after reading pages of this thread, we all need a good laugh.

Did you know Hitler has the coronavirus and he's is MAD!
:rotfl:
It seems to be a clip from a German movie, some creative person has used CC to dub the dialogue. Unfortunately, German speakers will hear the German dialogue in the background. just mute the sound to get the full effect.

If this is not appropriate, could Mods delete the post.
Thanks for sharing Joan . Best video i have seen after coronacircus started. :rotfl:

London's Met Police announced just this week that they're on the market for military style vehicles for "public disorder, firearms incidents and riots in London".

The spokesman claims that this plan has been in the works for at least a year and they're not planning on rolling them out till 'late' 202. They also stress that it is not related to the coronavirus situation... :whistle:

Riot squad: Met looks to buy military-style vehicles to tackle disorder in London

12 hours ago

Armoured police personnel carriers

Armoured police personnel carriers ( AFP via Getty Images )

Scotland Yard wants to buy a new fleet of military-style armoured vehicles to help tackle public disorder, firearms incidents and riots in London.

Last week the force put out a notice stating it was looking for suppliers for armoured personnel carriers, armoured military vehicles, armoured combat vehicles and weapon carriers.

It also wants security, fire-fighting and defence equipment and armour plating.

It wishes to buy “tactical intervention and public order and firearm patrol vehicles” that can carry up to eight personnel and have a gross vehicle weight over 10 tonnes, according to the notice.

A budget for the fleet is yet to be finalised. A Met spokesman said the new equipment was also not linked to the coronavirus pandemic and the vehicles would not be on the streets until next year.

He said: “The [force] operates a number of armoured personnel vehicles, which are all due for renewal. This renewal project has been ongoing for over a year, as part of strategic planning.”

A list of military-style vehicles the Met currently owns is not available to the public.

However it has at least three upgraded bullet-resistant armoured Jankel Guardians, which cost about £100,000 each.

The seven-tonne personnel carrier can withstand AK-47 bullets and has a bomb-proof floor. It also owns 13 older Jankels, which were deployed during the 2011 London riots.

The fleet, normally based at Heathrow, was sent out onto the streets after widespread looting and public disorder. They were also seen at Wembley in 2015 following the terror attacks in Paris.

A Met spokesman said: “The current vehicles are used periodically for a number of policing functions, which include safeguarding officers during public order and firearm incidents.

“The decision to publish this prior information notice is not linked in any way to the current events being experienced in the capital. These vehicles will not be in service until late 2021.”

Still trying to catch up - but I’d like to republish an article that appeared in the Australian Financial Review (AFR) yesterday, that I found quite interesting:

I was unable to access the article on the AFR website, as it is behind a paywall, but the same article was published by it’s author on their own website, the Institute of Public Affairs:

Beautiful One Day, Police State The Next

by John Roskam - Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs

To control the spread of a dangerous virus that as yet has taken 24 lives in this country, 25 million Australians have been placed under indefinite house arrest, children’s playgrounds are locked and patrolled by security guards, and the police fly drones over beaches and parks.

To control a virus that as yet has infected 5000 Australians, the response of doctors and politicians to this serious health crisis was to create also a humanitarian and an economic crisis. In the years to come Australians will quite rightly question whether there could have been a better way.

Future generations will ask why the public was so quick to accept the opinions of those experts who presented the worst-case scenarios rather than listen to other experts, no less qualified to offer a judgment, but who suggested less draconian solutions than those that came to be implemented.

Those future generations will also ponder how in 2020 it was that so many Australians could have become so completely disengaged and removed from what happens in the economy that they could advocate policies that would have shut down practically all economic activity in the country.

This is the position of the Labor leader, Anthony Albanese, who said: “The government has a responsibility to deal with this health emergency. That is the first priority. Then, it needs to deal with the economic consequences of the health emergency and the appropriate response. It needs to be done in that order.”

Sadly, Albanese seems not to understand that the economic emergency Australia faces involves people’s lives in exactly the same way as does the health emergency.

Australians like to joke about how the country’s second-most populous state has become “The People’s Socialist Republic of Victoria”. But it is no laughing matter that in the space of just a few weeks Victoria became a police state, as its government made laws and then enforced those laws, in ways not very different from how the worst socialist regimes operate. The New South Wales government (‘liberal’ in name only) has been quick to follow Victoria’s lead.

Passed without scrutiny
In Victoria, the most extreme house arrest laws in the country were enacted without parliamentary authority and without any form of public or democratic scrutiny. They were simply made under an enabling act that allows the government do anything it “considers is reasonably necessary to protect public health”. Using this power, Victoria has enacted house arrest laws that are arbitrary, unpredictable, and that are changed, literally, hour by hour at the whim of politicians and bureaucrats.

On Wednesday morning the Victorian Premier declared that it was against the law for anyone to leave their home for any non-essential purpose, including couples who lived apart visiting each other. Just before 5pm that day, following a community backlash, the government announced couples would be exempt from the law.

Meanwhile, in New South Wales, police officers harass people sitting alone on park benches. In 1984, Big Brother at least allowed Winston Smith to go outside.

Jonathan Sumption, a former judge on the UK Supreme Court, gave an interview to the BBC on Monday in which he warned of the consequences of untrammelled power in the hands of politicians and the police. Everything he said applies to Australia. Of police operating in the UK in the same way as they are in Victoria and New South Wales, Sumption said: “That is what a police state is like. It’s a state in which the government can issue orders or express preferences with no legal authority and the police will enforce ministers’ wishes.”

It is significant that despite all the coverage it has devoted to the current crisis, the mainstream media in Australia has made no reference to the interview. It might be that the answer to Sumption’s question is too uncomfortable.

“Yes this is serious and yes it’s understandable that people cry out to the government,’’ Sumption said.

“But the real question is: Is this serious enough to warrant putting most of our population into house imprisonment, wrecking our economy for an indefinite period, destroying businesses that honest and hard-working people have taken years to build up, saddling future generations with debt, depression, stress, heart attacks, suicides and unbelievable distress…”

There are a few things that I find interesting about this article:

1. The title is different in the print edition of the AFR and in their online edition:
Print: A cure as bad as the disease
Online: Beautiful One Day, Police State The Next
Why was the title changed? Was it too reminiscent of Trumps dictum from a few days ago?

2. It’s the first article I have seen in the Australian media landscape spitting out the obvious, that draconian powers have been instigated without any democratic process (all based on some obscure ‘enabling act’ that gives the government unlimited power when it deems that necessary). And it is a financial publication no less - the rest of the MSM is still on the ‘hurray-laud-the-government’ bandwagon.

3. Watch the language of the snippet below:
To control the spread of a dangerous virus that as yet has taken 24 lives in this country, 25 million Australians have been placed under indefinite house arrest, children’s playgrounds are locked and patrolled by security guards, and the police fly drones over beaches and parks.

To me that either sounds like cognitive dissonance - contrasting the ‘dangerous virus’ with how we all have gone into an overblown lockdown (an idea he develops further down in the article) - or someone who is somewhat trying to tone down his message.

Why? Is it designed to give the contrarian information, but at the same time to insist deep down that the virus is dangerous. This statement seems contradictory to me. Or is the author anxious not to piss off the PTB too much?

Anyway, thought that this article was quite interesting.

Interesting to note:

A Google report is showing how people in Ontario are responding to social distancing advice amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The first report covers the period between February 16 and March 29, and revels the impact emergency orders have had on movement trends.

In Ontario, visits to retail and recreation locations such as cafes, restaurant and shopping centres have dropped by 59 per cent from average.

The report found that transit station visits dropped by 66 per cent and travel to work dropped by 46 per cent.

The impact on visits to homes, parks and grocery/pharmacy stores haven’t been affected as much by COVID-19, the report said.

Visits to homes and parks both only dropped by 14 per cent, while visits to grocery stores dropped by 33 per cent.

The report shows the number of visits to parks appears to spike during the weekends. Toronto Mayor John Tory criticized residents flocking to parks in great numbers this past weekend.

Tory announced a new “physical distancing” bylaw on Thursday afternoon, which means anyone caught walking within two metres of another person in a Toronto public park or square may be subject to a fine of up to $5,000.

ontario_google.png
Currently, the reports are available for 131 countries and regions.

Cannabis is out.

Ontario’s cannabis stores will be forced to shut down after the Doug Ford government revised its list of non-essential businesses in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

All physical cannabis stores were included in the closure order, which will take effect Saturday at 11:59 p.m. and is scheduled to last 14 days.

BUT, Alcohol is still essential :rolleyes:

LCBO and Beer Store locations are still considered essential and will remain open, albeit on reduced hours.

We faced a similar kind of dilemma regarding whether or not to close our clinic. It was not mandated by the state but our colleagues were all closing their clinics and many patients started calling to cancel their appointments and were asking us what to do. We decided to officially close our doors but we are continuing to see "urgent" cases who need our care. I am anticipating that the department of health will order us to close our doors at some point, as that has been done in California, Colorado and in other states. Until then we will continue quietly seeing a few people here and there. I say quietly because I have had a bad feeling a couple of times when talking to some of my colleagues and patients and I made sure to reiterate that we are officially closed.

So FWIW if I were you I would not play the rebel right now. If you do decide to have your relatives over, do it quietly.

I think it's a perfect time to work on self-importance. Watching our ego right now, and swallow your pride so they don't know who we really are. Planification and TIMING !! Then release the gate. It might take years be ready.

I'm just thinking of something...

Are we getting confined because, if we would be outside, there is something, something else than the virus, that can affect us and give us some gain? Solar or cosmic radiations for example? Or the virus associated with radiations?

fwiw

I am sure something is up, I never saw such a red sunset in SW Ontario. Here is how it looked tonight, unedited photo.

SW_Ontario_Evening_Sky_20200403.jpeg

Yesyerday at dusk here near Montreal a big portion of the sky was pink like done with a brush very particular.

Just a side note, I keep thinking about JBPeterson. I would'nt be surprised if he's thinking about all of this really hard and preparing to come out with a solid message.

Back
Top Bottom