Just come across this article from the Oriental Review in March. It's a good article, but it makes a claim that I've heard before but haven't verified yet - that is that Trump has taken over the Federal Reserve. I've read articles mentioning that he's putting pressure on the Fed and calling them out - but take-over? Not sure about that.

Otherwise it outlines the some of the actions of Putin in both rebuilding Russia internally by draining the Russian swamp and internationally through trade, BRICS and building Russian military strength and how Trump is trying to do similar in the US.
It's an interesting article and perhaps a bit optimistic. It doesn't appear that Putin has drained his swamp, although he's made inroads. Trump imposed some oversight from the US Treasury Dept. over the Fed. I could be wrong on this, but the US Treasury has always seemed like a de facto arm of the Fed. Those applying the oversight appear to be swamp critters. Still, it will be interesting to see what comes of this new arrangement. [Let's not forget that JFK took on the Fed a few months before he was assassinated. Prior to that, Abraham Lincoln bypassed the banking cartel to issue greenbacks to finance the American Civil War. Those two comprise 50% of assassinated US presidents. Of course, any connections between their deaths and the bankers are conspiracy theories.]

An amazing and unique article by Sergey Lavrov that gives insight into the problems the World now faces, due to COVID-19 and measures that need to be explored and implemented within the Global Community to help foster cooperation and stability.

Quote:
"When a virus attacks someone, it affects the collective economic architecture. Stagnation in business activity and disruption in global production chains have had a huge impact on the world economy. We need to help the world economy overcome the difficulties and work collectively to ensure its gradual recovery after the crisis. At the same time, we must not allow economic gloom to undermine international cooperation, deepen the crisis of confidence, or provoke a new round of conflict in international affairs."

Conclusion and mission on COVID-19
Conclusion and mission on COVID-19 - Global Times

EZHhzThXsAQXX-v.jpg

By Sergey Lavrov Source: Global Times Published: 2020/5/28

The novel coronavirus spread so rapidly that it has changed the rhythm of the globe. Whether from the perspective of a single country or multilateral levels, the solidity of international relations has been put under test. The most obvious consequences include economic recession, a crisis of global governance, trade protectionism and increasing isolationist sentiment. People-to-people, cultural and travel exchanges have all been restricted. Nonetheless, this is just a tip of the iceberg.

After we overcome the pandemic, which will surely happen, we must carry out a comprehensive evaluation of the world's ability to maintain stability when faced with similar challenges in the future. We must also craft measures to cope with these challenges together. But perhaps at the current phase, we can already draw some conclusions.

A pandemic is not new in human history. But what makes the COVID-19 pandemic special is that it takes place in an unprecedented backdrop when the interconnectivity and interdependence between people, between countries and between continents are so deep. The achievements people have made in technology, intelligence and transportation make them both physically and psychologically globalized.

The consequence is that problems in one country will become global ones. Long ago we raised warnings, and we cannot underestimate the danger of multinational threats, from terrorism to cybercrimes.

Similarly, if one isolates oneself and relies on others to solve one's own problems, it is simply impossible. The effect of the virus has clearly proved this. The pandemic reminds us that we need to stay humble in the face of disasters. Any country or individual, regardless of their geography, fortunes or political ambitions, is equal. The novel coronavirus crisis rips off all fanciful illusions and superficial things and displays the lasting value of human life.

Not everybody was prepared for the test of the pandemic. Even under the current circumstances, when global challenges are supposed to unite people and propel people to even temporarily forget divergences, some still resort to exploitation. Not everyone can resist the temptation of being selfish. Others also take advantage of the situation to play geopolitics by chasing their own interests and revenge against their geopolitical rivals. Once bred in such an environment, the virus will intensify conflicts and heighten unfair competition.

As a result, some "man-made" consequences have been added to the natural effect caused by the virus. These "man-made" consequences are a result of the zero-sum mentality that humans, or precisely some humans, refuse to give up even when faced with common disasters. Nonetheless, to overcome the visible consequences caused by COVID-19, countries are urged to stay more united than ever and to gather all strengths and resources.

We have to admit that the COVID-19 pandemic has shown us examples that lack humanitarianism. This may be due to the chaos caused by the spreading threat. However, such lack of humanitarianism seems to be deep-rooted. This is because of some countries' and their ruling elites' incurable egoism. Those who proclaim themselves as moral leaders with democratic traditions did not unite all parties to seek mutual understanding. Instead, they started to act according to the law of the jungle, regardless of etiquette rules and ethical constraints.

They blame China for the spread of the virus, or maliciously slander Russia because we have provided assistance to some countries in response to their requests. They even raised absurd allegations against Russia, accusing us of taking advantage of humanitarian and medical assistance to strengthen geopolitical influence. They cared nothing about the severity of the pandemic and issued a ban preventing people from seeking Russia's medical and humanitarian assistance. This violates basic diplomatic rules and is insulting.

Some Western countries are politicizing humanitarian issues and trying to use the pandemic to punish the governments they dislike. If not, how could we explain that these Western countries, which always talk about respecting human rights, do not want to give up their one-sided economic sanctions on developing countries (at least before the global pandemic situation is eased)? Indeed, such sanctions have weakened ordinary people's ability to exercise their social and economic rights, causing serious difficulties in protecting residents' health and hitting the most unprotected people.

Russia has always firmly opposed such an inhumane approach, and this is completely unacceptable when humanity is facing a disaster. Because of this, at the virtual meeting of G20 leaders on March 26, President Vladimir Putin proposed establishing "green corridors free of trade wars and sanctions" that would ensure supplies of medication, food, equipment and technology.

It is very dangerous to try to use the current situation to sabotage the UN's basic principles. To effectively resolve the problems faced by humanity, UN agencies should still be the main coordination mechanism for multilateral cooperation. In view of this, people are deeply concerned about the defamation of the World Health Organization (WHO). Most countries agree that the WHO has been fighting at the forefront since the outbreak of the COVID-19. Indeed, like all other multilateral institutions, the WHO should improve its work and adapt to various new situations. But to achieve this, the WHO must not be undermined. All WHO member states should maintain their constructive dialogues with each other, so as to jointly formulate solutions to deal with the new challenges.

The pandemic has once again debunked the long-held myth in the West about the "end of history," an all-powerful model of hyper-liberal development, based on the principles of individualism, and a firm belief in the ability to solve all problems through the market alone.

Today, it is clear to all that the main players on the international stage are still those who stand up for their own interests. But that doesn't mean, nor is it meant to suggest, that everyone is going to go their separate ways and get into a state of competition. Potential should be combined to effectively address the key issues of our time.

What is needed is a global concert of diplomatic symphonies, with the UN continuing to play its central guiding role. We hope that the current crisis will help people realize that the UN-centered world order, formed after the World War II, has stood the test of time and is highly resilient to pressure. It is the only possible alternative. The principles enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations remain, in today's circumstances, an unshakable basis for building exchanges between states.

Like any living body, the UN needs to make constant, subtle adjustments and, in doing so, can better adapt itself to the realities of a multipolar world. Of course, the potential of global governance mechanisms such as the G20 and the World Trade Organization should continue to be maximized.

International alliances, initiatives and ideas based on the values of inclusiveness, cooperation and equality have good prospects for development. Cooperation within the framework of the BRICS and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), which Russia chairs this year, is based on this philosophy and on the principle of respect for culture-civilization and national characteristics and traditions, development paths and models. In the difficult times experienced by today's world, a dialogue of mutual respect is an important safety net that can help guide everyone in a constructive direction.

When a virus attacks someone, it affects the collective economic architecture. Stagnation in business activity and disruption in global production chains have had a huge impact on the world economy. We need to help the world economy overcome the difficulties and work collectively to ensure its gradual recovery after the crisis. At the same time, we must not allow economic gloom to undermine international cooperation, deepen the crisis of confidence, or provoke a new round of conflict in international affairs.

Ideally, such a mission should unite us - for the well-being of all peoples, without exception, depends on a successful solution to this task. Together, we need to find new sources of growth that can help overcome the overall recession. The integration of the potential of various integration projects implemented in pan-European and Asian areas can contribute to this work on a global scale. That's why President Putin has called for a Greater Eurasian Partnership. The partnership is based on international law and the principles of transparency and is open to all countries on the vast continent, including members of the Eurasian Economic Union, the SCO and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. The step-by-step realization of the Greater Eurasian Partnership will not only actively promote economic connectivity and enhance the competitiveness of all participating countries, but also serve as a solid basis for building a space of peace and stability from Lisbon to Jakarta.

I believe if the EU countries can join this work, then they will also benefit from it. By participating in common efforts, they will be able to secure their rightful place in a new, more equitable and democratic, multi-centric world order. It is time for Europeans to stop breaking away from their own continent, to stop peeping into the world's survival landmarks and to invite external military presence. This external military presence is not only failing to enhance their security, it is also depriving the EU of the possibility of becoming an independent center of international influence in a multipolar world. In any case, it is the choice of the European partners themselves.

Everyone wants to turn the page on COVID-19 as soon as possible. But lessons are inevitable. And it's up to each of us to decide if those lessons are right.

Throughout its long history, Russia has repeatedly faced the most dangerous challenges that threaten its survival. And each time, it not only rose from the ashes and emerged stronger, but it also set an example to other nations in terms of humanity and selflessness.

That is why our country, as an important international center, exporter and guarantor of security, will continue to advance a constructive and unified agenda and to play a balanced and coordinating role in international affairs. We are ready to cooperate with all those who are willing to work together on the principles of sincerity and consideration of each other's interests and concerns. We start with the indivisibility of all aspects of security, and we stand ready to help other governments, whatever their policies may be.

It's time to give up conventional thinking based on stereotypes and finally start acting from a moral perspective. After all, our best bet is a happy future for all who live on Earth, our common home.

The author is Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. opinion@globaltimes.com.cn

It's an interesting article and perhaps a bit optimistic. It doesn't appear that Putin has drained his swamp, although he's made inroads. Trump imposed some oversight from the US Treasury Dept. over the Fed. I could be wrong on this, but the US Treasury has always seemed like a de facto arm of the Fed. Those applying the oversight appear to be swamp critters. Still, it will be interesting to see what comes of this new arrangement. [Let's not forget that JFK took on the Fed a few months before he was assassinated. Prior to that, Abraham Lincoln bypassed the banking cartel to issue greenbacks to finance the American Civil War. Those two comprise 50% of assassinated US presidents. Of course, any connections between their deaths and the bankers are conspiracy theories.]

I'm not sure how things are organised in the US exactly. Here in Aus the Treasury is part of the original dejure/constitutional govt and the Reserve is part of the administrative/defacto govt that has the original dejure govt and treasury under administration due in part to national bankruptcy caused by war costs.

It works in the same way that a bankruptcy administrator steps in to take control of a bankrupt company only in the case of countries it's effected through Chapter II of the constitution - the Executive.

Part of the reason for continual wars is that they make money for individuals in the administrative govt, and they don't want to lose the administrative position so it's to their benefit to keep the wars going and keep the country in bankruptcy because they can get the general population to pay the interest costs of national debt in various ways and still draw their inflated salaries.

If I remember correctly, the US first declared bankruptcy after the War of Independence and the Civil War and has done on 2 or 3 more occasions since that time. In Aus there are signs that the country was bankrupt after both WWI and WWII in the changes in some Acts and legislation, but bankruptcy has never been openly declared here so there's still a question mark over that.

With the above in mind, I still find it interesting how politicians refer to the 'war' on coronavirus.

Which ever the case, both Putin and Trump are working in a pit of vipers and I don't imagine their aims at draining the respective swamps are very easy or straight forward.

I like what they are doing though and that gives some hope, though I admit that I might be more hopeful than can be supported by reality.

In the UK it appears to me that we are in a strange position as the governments advice changes and makes less and less sense there is more reliance on people to follow the rules that have been in place with little oversight. I'm not sure if I am correct here but it feels like there is a change coming. I have noticed many more people just getting on with their lives as the lockdown has eased (I believe we are still in level 4, even though the governments own advice from a few weeks ago suggests it should now be level 3, based on their nonsense figures of course). Those I have seen are not really opposing anything overtly but just getting on, without distancing or masks or any of the other needless measures.

My work place has announced that they may try to keep many people working from home so that those in work can be socially distanced in the empty offices... Most people there seem to be very happy with this unfortunately. The vast majority are utterly blind to what is really going on and just do as they are told by management and the media. Even those with PhD's in fields such as pathology, pharmacology and microbiology are unable to think for themselves in this situation. It is as if they have no idea how viruses work, even without counting the more recent discoveries in that area. The few suggestions I have made about the totalitarian feel of many of these measures do not so much get any push back or accusations of 'conspiracy theorist' as they do looks of confusion. So many people just do not understand the potential situation we are in.

An example of the confusion/dissonance in action: A colleague of mine who has been quite vocal about having masks to wear in the office and keeping 2m from others went out for a run. When they returned to the office they were hot and wanted to set up a desk fan which they did with help from another colleague (all while maintaining 2m distancing...). They then put the fan on, blowing across the colleague and over the entire office... This same colleague, fearful of this virus, is also annoyed when they have to pick up their child from nursery because another child sneezed/coughed etc. things like this make me wonder how long it will take before people realise that not only does all this distancing nonsense not help at all, but that it is not even possible given all the ways in which normal people have to interact all the time.

Another example of how blind and ignorant I have found people to be recently: While another colleague was talking about worries about finances and the like and how they did not understand why certain prices were changing in shops, I just pointed out a few of the current issues in the global economy during this lockdown. I pointed out that we could be looking at a 1929 type depression would could be devastating. I wasn't pushing any theories, just partaking in the conversation and pointing out that we could have some real financial problems very soon. They then asked what the great depression was, they literally had no idea what it was... Sometimes I do despair...

Given that the company I work for is involved in the testing of a couple of the Covid vaccines (I think processing blood samples at the moment, but could be wrong - they love to shout about being involved but finding concrete information is unusually difficult), you would think people would be worried. We have labs testing all kinds of new drugs and molecules, but for these new vaccines they are skipping almost all the usual steps in drug development which logically would make most of our jobs redundant.

This is all the more amusing as stories such as this come out: Too few people with Covid to test vaccine

This collective madness has been disturbing to witness but also interesting and actually quite humbling. I have known for such a long time that the majority have no idea what is going on in this illusion, but the sheer scale of what has occurred over the last few months is amazing.

Still, over the last few weeks of good weather I have seen a lot more people out and about and acting normally. Very few masks, less distancing but still quite a few who leap out of your way as they pass in the street. Still queues outside shops but far fewer security guards monitoring them. The weekly clapping for the NHS is also dying down – can't keep up that mindless insanity much longer. Going out hiking has been great, for the most part it is as if there is nothing unusual going at all, just greeting other walkers along the trails as normal.

Great post Iain. I just went to Tesco and although I did see the odd mask the vast majority of people were just like they always were before this whole insanity i.e. wandering around in their own little world completely oblivious to anyone else. As I was walking through the car park I became aware of a couple walking behind me. I glanced around and they were infringing on my sacred 2m exclusion zone despite having plenty of room to not do so and seemed to be totally oblivious to my existence. I couldn't care less but it is reassuring to see that the masses are slowly getting back to normal. They may not be consciously aware of it but I suspect many are starting to see through the incoherent propaganda from the authorities and the MSM.

An example of the confusion/dissonance in action: A colleague of mine who has been quite vocal about having masks to wear in the office and keeping 2m from others went out for a run. When they returned to the office they were hot and wanted to set up a desk fan which they did with help from another colleague (all while maintaining 2m distancing...). They then put the fan on, blowing across the colleague and over the entire office..

I had a similar experience yesterday. I met a friend in a park, by happenstance. He believes in the hoax, and insists on maintaining antisocial distance, so we sat on the grass separated by the mandatory 6 feet.

Then he offered to give me a lift home, which I accepted, and we sat in the car side by side separated by much less than 6 feet.

I was too much the gentleman to point out the inconsistency 😂

I just saw a news article on Strategic Culture about an allegedly leaked German document exposing the COVID hysteria as a hoax. Maybe you German members can have a look if this is true (see link to 'original' document in German/PDF below), or have you already heard about this?. First, here's the link to the article:

Here's a short description:

The key findings, according to SC:

Link to the document:

It is not new and was even brought up in a recent parliament session. Merkel brushed it aside by simply stating that the government came to other conclusions than those in the paper. So did some other politicians. The MSM seem to fall in line. I did not see any further news on this.

Of course it is possible that there are ongoing discussions behind the scenes. Apparently, however, this scandal was still not big enough to change or influence official politics. They still manage to brush dissent under the carpet.

I'm not sure how things are organised in the US exactly. Here in Aus the Treasury is part of the original dejure/constitutional govt and the Reserve is part of the administrative/defacto govt that has the original dejure govt and treasury under administration due in part to national bankruptcy caused by war costs.

It works in the same way that a bankruptcy administrator steps in to take control of a bankrupt company only in the case of countries it's effected through Chapter II of the constitution - the Executive.

Part of the reason for continual wars is that they make money for individuals in the administrative govt, and they don't want to lose the administrative position so it's to their benefit to keep the wars going and keep the country in bankruptcy because they can get the general population to pay the interest costs of national debt in various ways and still draw their inflated salaries.

If I remember correctly, the US first declared bankruptcy after the War of Independence and the Civil War and has done on 2 or 3 more occasions since that time. In Aus there are signs that the country was bankrupt after both WWI and WWII in the changes in some Acts and legislation, but bankruptcy has never been openly declared here so there's still a question mark over that.

With the above in mind, I still find it interesting how politicians refer to the 'war' on coronavirus.

Which ever the case, both Putin and Trump are working in a pit of vipers and I don't imagine their aims at draining the respective swamps are very easy or straight forward.

I like what they are doing though and that gives some hope, though I admit that I might be more hopeful than can be supported by reality.

I posted this earlier in this thread:

Coronavirus Pandemic: Apocalypse Now! Or exaggerated scare story? (post #7107)

It's a chart of the history of the world's reserve currency, and how the host countries are always bankrupted and destroyed by war after 70-100 years. It's a repeating cycle in history. And while the current "host" is being destroyed, the future "host" (chosen by the international banking elites) is being built up and championed as a bastion of goodness and decency in contrast to the former...but in the end, the same cycle repeats.

What we are seeing may be nothing more than a massive, world-wide Hegelian dialectic with the Russians/BRICS playing the role of "good cop" while the west is the obvious "bad cop"...but in the end, they are ultimately all ruled by the same STS forces.

Brandon Smith of Alt-Market has written quite a few articles about the East-West dialectic. I posted links to them here at the bottom of this post (as well as a James Corbett article):

The "redefininggod" website and disinfo about Putin (post #6)

I hope that I am wrong, and that Putin and the BRICS really do have humanity's best interests in mind, but the fact that the BRICS nations are still answering the dictates of the IMF and BIS doesn't bode well for me. And Trump's own connections with former bankers on his own cabinet - including Wilbur Ross, a Rothschild banker, and the same guy who bailed Trump out of his bankruptcies - are many.

Yeah, I'm a pessimist, but I'm also a realist. ***shrug***

This post is about the Covid19 and related in Mozambique, a country less mentioned in the media. The short summary is they have had two months of lockdown and now extend for one more to make it three. So far they have had two deaths. One should think this is a nothing burger, and it ought to be, but no. Below follow the long report with quotes from articles, but beginning with two words of geography to situate the country in a perhaps more familiar setting.

Mozambique is a country in the eastern part of Southern Africa, surrounded by Tanzania to the north, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, eSwatini or Swaziland to the west and the Indian Ocean and the Channel of Mozambique to the east. It has about 30 million people. Mozambique, including lakes and rives covers more than 800,000 km2 or the same as France and the UK together. Not so large in Africa, but still a sizeable country.

Mozambique has shown responsibility and looked up to international standards in their efforts to combat Covid-19. I think this is how the government would like to think of itself, perhaps even very many Mozambicans. One has to hope the experience comes to use some later time, because for now it has been a costly affair.

Covid-19. Mozambique extends state of emergency for another 30 days

11:54 CAT | 29 May 2020
President of Mozambique Filipe Nyusi yesterday announced the second extension of the state of emergency in the country designed to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

“What I have to say is difficult,” the head of state said in a communication to the nation.
“But in this context, attentive to the real situation in the country and properly advised, I have decided to extend the state of emergency for another 30 days [until June 29].”

The extension was sent to the Assembly of the Republic for ratification yesterday, President Nyusi added.

The head of state justified the measure with the increase in the number of infections and the spread of the new coronavirus to all provinces of the country, also noting that the country has entered on a community transmission phase.

Mozambique on Thursday recorded the second death from Covid-19, reaching a cumulative total of 233 cases, with 82 recovered.

The state of emergency was enacted on April 1 and extended for the first time in late April, until May 30.

The country has been in a state of emergency since April 1st, with amusement and leisure facilities closed, all types of events and meetings prohibited, and the public recommended to stay at home unless they have compelling reasons to go out, such as work or essential errands.

Capacity on public transport is limited and the use of masks mandatory. Schools are closed and the issuing of entry visas has been suspended.

“Failure to comply with the [prevention] measures individually and collectively has contributed to the spread of the pandemic in the country,” Filipe Nyusi said yesterday.

The disease “is affecting all age groups, with a higher incidence among young people aged 15 to 40 years, with a threat to our future as a nation”, the president stressed.

Filipe Nyusi said that the measures envisaged in the state of emergency are intended to respond to the challenge of containing the virus and minimising the economic and social damage that mandatory confinement would cause.

“We are aware of the harshness” of the measures to contain the new coronavirus, he stressed, pointing to a contraction of the Mozambican economy of 3.3% this year and highlighting the reduction in employment.

Filipe Nyusi stressed that the sacrifices “have not been in vain”, and that there had been some victories in the fight against the pandemic, namely with regard to the use of masks, greater border control and respect for operating restrictions.

Compliance with restrictions imposed during the state of emergency in the coming weeks will be instrumental in controlling the spread of Covid-19, flattening the infection curve and avoiding more severe restrictions, such as mandatory confinement, he concluded.[..]
Also I looked up how many have died and translated it using Yandex. In one place I had seen one person, but then on the same day the extension of measures was granted, another died.
Category: National Published on the 28th of May 2020

A woman died today, a victim of the Covid-19, in the town of Pemba, in Cabo Delgado province, becoming the second person that loses his life because of the disease in the country. This is the case with the 222, which was filed in a health care facility because of the deterioration of their health status.

The victim was suffering from kidney disease, high blood pressure, or infection by a new coronavirus, and was a resident of the city of Pemba, between 44 and 59 years of age and older. He was diagnosed with the infection from yesterday, and the presenting symptoms are mild to moderate, " said Rose, Marlene, director, national Public Health, speaking at the customary press conference at the start of the pandemic.

According to the source, in the last 24 hours were tested for 488 suspects from Covid-19, of which 482 were negative and six tested positive for the new coronavirus. The samples are taken from Niassa (8), Cabo Delgado (111), Cabo Delgado (2), Zambezia (9), Inhambane (4), of Gaza (4), in the province of Maputo (113), and in the city of Maputo are in the 150 suspected cases.

Therefore, our country has had an update from 233 cases that are positive for the Covid-19, of which 207 are from local transmission, with 26 imported (from outside the country) two deaths and 82 people have recovered from the infection, he said.

The health authorities have to know that out of the six new cases of infection, five from Mozambique and one British. In this group, one is a coronary artery disease, and five have no symptoms, mild to moderate, and all of them are in quarantine.

Nyasa is complete, the provinces of the country, with one case of a woman from the district of Mavago, in the Cape province has recorded three of the men infected in the city of Pemba, two of which are in contact with a local case. In the cities of Maputo and Nampula, have contributed to a case of men between the ages of 45 and 59 years of age and older.

This is not good for the finances of the country, or at least no better than anywhere else:
1:48 CAT | 29 May 2020
The metical, the Mozambican unit of currency, is depreciating strongly against the US dollar, which economists say could jeopardize the sustainability of public debt.

Last March, the Mozambican government warned that the metical could depreciate against the dollar as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak.

As of Thursday, one US dollar was purchased at 68.56 meticais and sold at 69.92 meticais, according to Bank of Mozambique official rates consulted by ‘O País Económico’.

At the beginning of the year, the Mozambican currency was already showing a depreciation trend vis-à-vis the main circulation currencies in the Interbank Foreign Exchange Market (MCI), with emphasis on the North American currency. The official exchange rate, both in buying and selling, was not more than 63 meticais/USD.

Some economists covered in our report associate the slippage of the metical with restrictions on foreign trade due resulting from Covid-19, as well as the monetary policy measures adopted by the central bank.

For economist Agostinho Machava, the depreciation of the national currency results from measures that Bank of Mozambique has been taking, almost routinely, for some time.

The restrictive measures of the national financial system regulator “limited the circulation of foreign currency in the Interbank Foreign Exchange Market, in particular of the US dollar”, Machava points out.

Economist and executive director of the Confederation of Economic Associations of Mozambique (CTA), Eduardo Sengo, said that the depreciation of the metical “is no surprise”.

“At the beginning of the year, a CTA study already pointed out that pressures for the metical depreciation, be very strong this year. This is because, within Covid-19, one of the channels of impact in Mozambique was the export sector, where companies face constraints because their buyers’ economies are at a halt, limiting the generation of foreign currency in the market,” Eduardo Sengo explained.

The drop in prices of the main export commodities also reduced the amount of foreign exchange, in particular, the US dollar. “The easing of restrictive measures in some partner countries has aggravated the exchange rate situation,” the CTA’s executive director concludes.

In the North of Mozambique, in the province of Cabo Delgado, ISIS is supporting a conflict. Recently they have made some captures of minor cities, at least temporarily.
Incidentally, or are we just seeing a pattern, this province has rich resources of natural gas
Gas exploration in Mozambique has unique advantages
3:00 CAT | 28 May 2020

The director of the Oil and Gas Department at Standard Bank said on Wednesday that natural gas exploration in Mozambique had three unique advantages that wold guarantee the project’s success.

“There are three unique aspects to gas exploration in Mozambique, which are the fact that the country is in the middle of the map and is ideal for exporting to Asia and Europe, having a large concentration of reserves in a small geographical area and not being aligned with no political jurisdiction and can therefore sell to all countries,” Paul Taylor said.

In a webinar on natural gas exploration in Mozambique, the head of oil and gas investment at Standard Bank notes that “Mozambique is just four levels below South Africa in terms of its Standard & Poor’s rating”, and it was hoped that there would be favourable developments in the sector in the second half of this year.

Regarding the main threats to the project, Taylor listed the Covid-19 pandemic and the armed attacks in the north of the country, but said he thought the spread of Covid-19 was “controlled”, while admitting that combating the armed groups was more difficult.

“It is a multifaceted, complex issue, which involves religious fundamentalism, heroin smuggling and the isolation of the province. It is being fought not only by the country, but by the region, in a consistent and coherent way, but it will not disappear overnight,” he ventured.

Certainly, in Taylor’s opinion, “the US$125 billion investment [€115 billion] up until the middle of this decade, could lead to huge and sustainable development in the country”.

The virtual conference organised by Africa Oil Week, an organization for the promotion of events and investments in Africa, also included the participation of representatives from the United States Export Bank and consultants Global Platts and Deloitte.
This was a little about a country in Southeastern Africa affected by the policies of Covid-19; policies that have spread like a virus to many countries and appear to rapidly make many much worse off than they really needed to be if it had just been a matter of Covid-19, because so far only two have died, but they expect a downturn of 3.3 %.

Wanted to share with you a piece published yesterday in one of the Italian newspapers, la Repubblica and translated and shared on FB by Eva Bartlett. A very interesting article, the most interesting part is that it comes from a mainstream newspaper, below you will find the exerpt:
"Covid-19 "from the clinical point of view no longer exists". The San Raffaele head of Milan Alberto Zangrillo, director of intensive care, is convinced of this. Words that immediately ignited the controversy among the experts, with expressions of bewilderment and condemnation especially by the scientists who are part of the technical scientific committee.

It all started during the broadcast Mezz'ora in più on Raitre, when speaking of the observations on the situation of the Lombardy Region, Zangrillo said: "I really laugh. Today is May 31st and about a month ago we heard epidemiologists to say that he is very much afraid of a new wave for the end of the month / beginning of June and who knows how many intensive care places there would have been to occupy. In reality, the virus practically no longer exists from a clinical point of view ".

"This says the San Raffaele Life-Health University, says a study done by the virologist and director of the Institute of Virology, Professor Clementi, says it, together with Emory University of Atlanta, Professor Silvestri.

Swabs performed in the last 10 days have a viral load from the quantitative point of view absolutely infinitesimal compared to those performed on patients a month, two months ago.

I say this aware of the drama that the patients who did not make it, but we cannot continue to bring attention, even in a ridiculous way, giving the floor not to clinicians, not to real virologists, but to those who call themselves professors:

the virus from the clinical point of view no longer exists ".

Lucia Annunziata, the host of the transmission, replied: "It is a very strong phrase what you say, professor". And the clinician of reference: "I sign it".

The head of San Raffaele continued: "For three months everyone has been showing us a series of numbers that have zero evidence, which have zero value: we went from Borrelli, from Brusaferro to the president of the Superior Health Council. All this has led to block Italy while we worked and now we, who have seen the drama, ask to be able to leave quickly because we want to cure the people that otherwise we cannot cure. We don't give a damn about the championship or where they go on holiday Italians, but we have to go back to a normal country because there is all the evidence that this country can go back to having a normal life today ".

According to the professor, "there is only one number that is worth" and "is the evidence: we in this country we heard a professor from Boston a month ago, who is an epidemiologist-statistician named Vespignani, to influence the choices of the government saying 151,000 intensive care places had to be built.

Tomorrow an editorial signed by me and Professor Gattinoni will be published in which we say officially why this is not good, because it is a frenzy, because terrorizing the country is something that someone must assume the responsibilities, because our emergency rooms and our intensive care units are empty and because Mers and Sars, the two previous epidemics, have disappeared forever and therefore it is desirable that this also happens for the third coronavirus epidemic.

An amazing and unique article by Sergey Lavrov that gives insight into the problems the World now faces, due to COVID-19 and measures that need to be explored and implemented within the Global Community to help foster cooperation and stability.

Quote:
"When a virus attacks someone, it affects the collective economic architecture. Stagnation in business activity and disruption in global production chains have had a huge impact on the world economy. We need to help the world economy overcome the difficulties and work collectively to ensure its gradual recovery after the crisis. At the same time, we must not allow economic gloom to undermine international cooperation, deepen the crisis of confidence, or provoke a new round of conflict in international affairs."

Conclusion and mission on COVID-19
Conclusion and mission on COVID-19 - Global Times

EZHhzThXsAQXX-v.jpg

By Sergey Lavrov Source: Global Times Published: 2020/5/28

The novel coronavirus spread so rapidly that it has changed the rhythm of the globe. Whether from the perspective of a single country or multilateral levels, the solidity of international relations has been put under test. The most obvious consequences include economic recession, a crisis of global governance, trade protectionism and increasing isolationist sentiment. People-to-people, cultural and travel exchanges have all been restricted. Nonetheless, this is just a tip of the iceberg.

After we overcome the pandemic, which will surely happen, we must carry out a comprehensive evaluation of the world's ability to maintain stability when faced with similar challenges in the future. We must also craft measures to cope with these challenges together. But perhaps at the current phase, we can already draw some conclusions.

I read the article and I found it so sugarry that I am afraid I got diabetes. What is the point of writing seemingly enlightened words and angelic notions when only those who read them are on their knees with the hands tied behind their backs and and have their mouths taped shut? Not even tears can wash the shame, for whom the bells tall.

Hi Blugazer,

After interpreting an uncommonly pleasant dream over the weekend, coincidentally, I found myself revisiting Laura’s discussion of the ‘Pryf’. Wherby the preceding discussion re: DNA, FRV etc then felt very resonant with your content?

Laura strings some interesting excepts together here too, if you haven’t already come across them👍

Hi Gnosis Sophia! The very same thing happened to me...and I have been digging again on the story of the trees and the book where she originally read the story...
Perhaps you would like to join the quest?

Great post Iain. I just went to Tesco and although I did see the odd mask the vast majority of people were just like they always were before this whole insanity i.e. wandering around in their own little world completely oblivious to anyone else. As I was walking through the car park I became aware of a couple walking behind me. I glanced around and they were infringing on my sacred 2m exclusion zone despite having plenty of room to not do so and seemed to be totally oblivious to my existence. I couldn't care less but it is reassuring to see that the masses are slowly getting back to normal. They may not be consciously aware of it but I suspect many are starting to see through the incoherent propaganda from the authorities and the MSM.
I had a similar experience yesterday. I met a friend in a park, by happenstance. He believes in the hoax, and insists on maintaining antisocial distance, so we sat on the grass separated by the mandatory 6 feet.

Then he offered to give me a lift home, which I accepted, and we sat in the car side by side separated by much less than 6 feet.

I was too much the gentleman to point out the inconsistency 😂

Yes - I was sorely tempted to point out the inconsistency, but bit my tongue on this occasion, just had a little inward laugh to myself.

As I alluded to above, I don't see much reason to keep pointing out the truth to most of the people around me. On the occasions that I have during this whole plandemic, I have not had any real arguments with anyone. I just get a blank look, no challenge to what I have said, just sheer confusion like I spoke in another language.

It is definitely in times like this that you really see how your awareness can be so different to those around you. Despite being able to cite articles, books, scientific studies, testimonies etc. most people are utterly oblivious to anything but the mainstream narrative. They cannot even argue or converse; they are so baffled by what you have suggested. This is highly suggestive of a 'splitting of reality' to me.

One of the great achievements of the PTB during this lockdown so far has been to isolate those who have some understanding of what is going on in the world and render them almost powerless. Physical and social isolation and also the wave of censorship and propaganda across the internet. Here we have this forum which is wonderful and an incredible help to all of us but it is like an island with little connection to any others.

Of course there are individuals and small groups the world over revealing the truth as far as they can. The censorship machine can only catch so much of it but a lot of what gets through falls on deaf and dumb ears, the information simply cannot be processed.

The narrative is clearly falling apart and I am not sure how much more nonsense people can take before it is in tatters, but so many also seem perfectly happy with this. Many will be fine with the mainstream narrative when it begins to twist and warp itself into a form of damage control in order to try to usher in whatever new reality the PTB still have in store.

As much as there has been exposure of previous actions by the PTB (JFK, 9/11, middle east wars, Vietnam etc. etc. etc.) this has taken years if not many decades to come out into the mainstream and has had all that time to assimilate and slowly modify the narrative to retain control. But each time this happens it seems to occur faster and faster, with less time to modify the narrative and more people around who still remember the event and still care about the truth behind it. I feel that this time the PTB will not have such a luxury of covering this scam up for years, hopefully they do not even have a few months.

Hopefully the C's have it right and sooner rather than later 'exposure' will come but I think this could be a very chaotic exposure, especially if recent events in the US are anything to go by.

I couldn't resist presenting that picture here although topically it would belong to the George Floyd thread.

327b7f97ebefc13ff1fe8ee653d47c7f-e1590941092419.jpg

Protestors with a sign saying ”I can’t breathe” … while wearing masks
that affect their breathing. Symbolic.

Source:
vigilantcitizen.com/George Floyd riots infiltrated...

Makes you wonder why millions of people struggling with their face masks hardly ever piped up
to publically tell authorities "I can't breathe"...

Back
Top Bottom