UPDATE on post #9,971 (May 7, 2020).

Source: Coronavirus takes 'shocking' toll on health: patient survey - DutchNews.nl
Corona virus takes ‘shocking’ toll on health: patient survey

June 12, 2020

People who have been infected with corona virus but were not admitted to hospital are struggling with severe effects on their health months after first falling ill, a survey [Dutch only] by the respiratory disease organisation Longfonds has shown.

Some 95% of the 1,600 respondents, of whom 91% were not admitted to hospital and 43% were never officially diagnosed, said they have trouble with normal day to day activities three months after being infected.

Persisting symptoms include tiredness, shortness of breath, headaches, muscle pain and heart palpitations. The average age of the respondents is 53.

Most of the respondents, some 85%, said they had no health problems before the infection. That number dropped to 6%, with almost half of the respondents unable to resume physical activities like sport.

Longfonds spokesman Michael Rutgers said the results are shocking. ‘This is a large group of corona patients who are sitting at home and who really need help. They are in a terrible state. (..) Six in 10 people even have trouble walking. These are normal, healthy people who are now wondering if they will ever be well again.’

The Longfonds and Long Alliantie Nederland LAN have opened an online platform [Dutch only] where patients and relatives can go for information and advice.

So far, almost 300,000 [people] have consulted the site where they can also speak to fellow sufferers. The organizations will also use the data to conduct research into how to develop a program of aftercare for coronavirus patients.

Similar coverage: "Shocking": Nearly all who recovered from Covid-19 have health issues months later

Coverage in Dutch:
Longfonds: ernstige klachten onder coronapatiënten die thuis herstelden
Longfonds: ernstige klachten onder coronapatiënten die thuis herstelden

Source (Dutch only): Uitslag stelling: Weerstand tegen coronawet

DeepL Translator said:
Respondents distrust restrictions imposed
Result statement: Resistance to corona law

By Martine de Vente - Today, 07:02 in WHAT YOU SAY

A large majority (85 percent) of the participants of the Thesis of the Day believe that the Temporary Covid-19 Act is not necessary. The Cabinet wants this so-called 'corona law' to enter into force as early as 1 July next.

768fa090-abef-11ea-84fc-02c309bc01c1.jpg

The second question reads: Are you afraid that the government is going to abuse some statutory provisions?

The law replaces the current emergency ordinances with such measures as the travel restrictions, the face mask obligation in public transport and the ban on meetings. "Perhaps too much of a good thing. The emergency ordinance is fine. There's really no need for a separate law," one respondent said. Another opponent joins in: "An emergency ordinance is flexible and can easily be implemented and stopped. A law has an end date until when it applies, even so when it may no longer be necessary".

The Cabinet believes that the law should be enacted quickly, because combating the corona virus requires rapid action and there are differences in enforcement between the various security regions. A majority disputes this view. "That law is not really necessary, but what we need is a government that is more focused on management. There are too many differences in approach in each region," it sounds. Another respondent is of the opinion that regional differences should be taken into account. "A law applies across the board. We have to go for customization. Better are regulations per sector or region."

Of all the regulations in the law, the participants find the ban on exercising certain professions and visiting public places the least acceptable. One of them: "Surely it's now clear where the virus is coming from. Start now with checking ventilation systems in theaters and other places frequented by many people".

By far the majority think that the government is going to abuse provisions of the law. Hardly anyone thinks that fundamental rights should give way to public health. "Given current developments in the spread of virus, this is a disproportionate violation of our fundamental rights," is a response.

Another aspect of the law is that citizens can't go to court if measures are enacted. The vast majority of people find this unacceptable, even if this is done for public health reasons. Putting the judiciary and citizens out of action is the first step towards dictatorship," one respondent said. Yet there are also participants who believe that health is paramount. "Our health is also a fundamental right," says one of the few supporters of the corona law.

The cabinet wants the law to apply for a year, initially. By far the majority think this is far too long. "Corona isn't leaving for the time being. So this law isn't going to go away yet either", one participant fears.

Given the resistance to the law in all sections of society, hardly anyone thinks that the law will come into force on July 1 in the form proposed by the cabinet. The answers to the question as to whether the Lower House will agree to a light version of the law at that time show a divided picture: one half thinks that the law will then come into force, the other half does not. No less than half (51%) is actually corona-tired and would like to see all corona-related measures abolished.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Finally, an oddity in the category 'unexpected consequences'.
Source (Dutch only): Duizenden Spaanse vechtstieren 'roemloos' naar het slachthuis

DeepL Translator said:
NOS News - Abroad - Yesterday, 18:59
Thousands of Spanish fighting bulls 'ingloriously' to the slaughterhouse

1280x720a.jpg
Image: NOS

Rop Zoutberg -
correspondent Spain

Thousands of bulls bred for the Spanish bullfights are going to be slaughtered. All bull festivals in the country, including the biggest spectacle San Isidro in Madrid, are cancelled. The sector speaks of a loss of millions and wants compensation from the Spanish government.

There are no hard figures on the numbers of animals going to the slaughterhouses. However, organizers of the fiestas and opponents alike talk about thousands of animals. According to bullfighter Román Collado it is even "about 10,000 bulls".

"Ouuuh! Torrrooo." Collado waves his cape on the tentadero, a practice field where he trains with young bulls. The breeders earn between 4000 and 5000 euros per bull, provided the animals end up in the bullrings, he tells. Slaughterhouses pay five to at most ten percent of that value.

"I find it so deplorable to see that those bulls have to go to the slaughterhouse. It saddens me. They cannot show their valor," the 27-year-old bullfighter shouts with sincere indignation.

<video clip with Collado (2:00 min.) omitted - cannot be embedded>

Breeder David Sánchez, who has six hundred fighting bulls running around on his farm south of Toledo, also speaks of a huge blow. "All the plans I had could be scrapped. I had thirty animals ready to go to the fights, ten of them were destined even for the big feasts in Madrid. "These animals are only useful until their fifth year of age. It means I must have them slaughtered after that, a great loss."

Sánchez: " This way, a bull is downgraded to consumer meat. He has no chance to win his life back, like in the arena where he could reap a mercy. In the slaughterhouse, no one knows who that bull is, what his usefulness was. He just dies and is made into mincemeat."

Dying quickly and painlessly

Contrary to the logic of breeders and bullfighters, we find Marta Estebán of the anti-bullfighting group 'Tortura no es cultura' ('Torture is not culture'). We meet at the large bullring Las Ventas in Madrid. During the annual festivities in the capital 300 bulls die, Estebán knows. In the entire country it is 20,000 bulls annually.

She has no idea how many bulls already went to the slaughterhouses this year. "But I'm glad they die there quickly and painlessly, instead of in a twenty-minute agony."

The fight of the opponents is mainly against the livestock subsidies that the bulls sector receives from Spain, but also from European funds. Money that could also have been spent on health care during the pandemic, Estebán says. "It involves hundreds of millions of euros that artificially keep the bullfighting alive."

"The sector is taking advantage of the corona crisis by asking even more money from national and local governments. They are constantly on the verge of bankruptcy. Since 2007 one sees how numbers of bullfights and visitors are only decreasing. Even among Spaniards the aversion is growing too."

Of the people

Bullfighter Collado sees it all quite differently. "We feel abandoned by the Spanish government." According to Collado, the crisis has left tens of thousands of workers unemployed at home. "They have supported other cultural groups. The bulls, they belong to the people. They don't belong to one party or the other. One loves the bulls, that's all. Bulls don't understand politics."

For him, the new season was supposed to start in March. That coincided exactly with the fiercest days of the corona crisis in Spain. All fiestas were cancelled after that. "Worst thing is, I don't know when I'll be able to bullfight again. I long for it, I miss fighting." But it remains unclear when the spectacle will start again.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Actually, it is interesting. I used to see two or three patients with boils per year. During the lockdown, I saw more than a dozen in just those few months, the last one just yesterday. The nurse wouldn't believe me when I told her that we were expecting another person with the same problem after attending someone for the same problem. It was practically speaking one person after the other.

That's really interesting. Without wishing to hijack this thread and take it off topic, I'm wondering what do you think is causing these things to manifest? I was thinking it was a weakened immune system, but maybe there's more to it perhaps?

Finally, an oddity in the category 'unexpected consequences'.
Source (Dutch only): Duizenden Spaanse vechtstieren 'roemloos' naar het slachthuis
Really? They slaughter them? Who the heck buys the meat? Everybody who knows something about meat knows that the meat of a six or more years old bull is very tough. I mean VERY VERY tough. They usually (if the breeder is smart) don't get any grains, are fully free range and grass fed; otherwise they would lose their aggression potential. I once had the meat of 3 year old Aubraque bull. You could not at all complain about the taste, it was wonderful. But it was a good thing more chewy than the meat I bought a year before from the same farmer, when it was a bull of the same kind, but only two years old. Aubraque are also kept free range, grasing on maddows and they are very active, too , but not aggressive.

In Oregon there's been a state-wide halt on reopening. Multnomah County, home to Portland and the most populous county in Oregon, has not even gotten to phase 1 yet. It was supposed to start today (June 12), but has been delayed a week. The notice came yesterday evening, after some restaurants, pubs, etc. had purchased food for the reopening. Perishables they can't sell in take-out, or perhaps donate, may have to be thrown away. "Just 15 days until we flatten the curve" (said in March).

Meanwhile, Oregon plans to release low-risk, vulnerable prison inmates in order to limit the spread of Covid-1984 in the prison system. That is unless they have symptoms of the illness or have tested positive. In that case, they're ineligible until they have "recovered." So how does one recover from having antibodies related to their having recovered from Covid-1984?

Gotta laugh and remember that all this probably is not supposed to make any sense. However, I'm not laughing at the suffering this is causing with folks out of work, small businesses closing forever, etc.

Here's the graphic truth of Ohio's CV-19 deaths:
BZXJ34BJENBK7DNHFTCLYY7PU4.png

The 1,745 coronavirus deaths to nursing home patients reported by the Ohio Department of Health account for 71% of all known COVID-19 deaths in the state. Seventy-seven Ohio prison inmate deaths have been tied to coronavirus, a number previously reported to be slightly higher. Rich Exner, cleveland.com
And with the above in mind:
Bill to change how state health officials collect, report coronavirus information passes Ohio House
By Jeremy Pelzer, cleveland.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio—Legislation to require state and local health officials to change the types of coronavirus data collected, and reshape the way they report it, passed the Ohio House on Wednesday.

House Bill 624, which now goes to the Ohio Senate, comes from Republican lawmakers who believe that Gov. Mike DeWine and his administration have skewed how they present the state’s daily coronavirus numbers to make the disease seem far more deadly than it has turned out to be.
[...]
It would also require the state health department, when it releases COVID-19 modeling projections, to provide supporting information and documents, as well as a margin of error.

Supporters of the measure said that the Ohio Department of Health’s presentation of coronavirus statistics has created unnecessary public fear, as it provides statistics on cumulative deaths and cases but not numbers on how many Ohioans currently are being treated for or dying from the disease.

They also criticized early projections from state officials, which predicted that Ohio could see up to 10,000 new cases per day. As of Wednesday, there was a cumulative total of nearly 40,000 Ohioans infected with COVID-19, 2,457 of whom have died.

“Unfortunately, the early modeling information, coupled with the media drumbeat of fear and death created this huge atmosphere of fear across our state,” said state Rep. Diane Grendell, a Geauga County Republican sponsoring the bill, during a floor speech Wednesday. “This atmosphere of fear could have been abated in mid-April if we had started informing the public of the whole truth.”

House Majority Floor Leader Bill Seitz, a Cincinnati Republican, criticized DeWine and state health director Dr. Amy Acton for not reporting during their regular public briefings about how many Ohioans currently have coronavirus, which he said was about 600 people.

"If I went on TV every day, and I gave the people of Ohio the cumulative number of fatalities from automobile accidents since the time the automobile was invented, I will bet a Dunkin Donut that no one in Ohio would drive,” said state Rep. Bill Seitz, a Cincinnati Republican, during a floor speech.

Notwithstanding the above, this should surprise no one:
We may still be wearing face masks through 2022, Harvard study says
Researchers ran mathematical models to help them predict how the coronavirus might spread over the next five years. The models included variables such as whether or not the coronavirus, which causes COVID-19, will spike seasonally, whether people who are infected develop short-term or long-term immunity, and whether people who been infected with other types of coronaviruses that cause common colds would get immunity to coronavirus. The models showed that Intermittent periods of social distancing and mask wearing may be needed for another two years to keep the number of COVID-19 cases from overwhelming the health care system.

But wait - there's more!
Former Health Director Amy Acton to join Sesame Street characters for kids COVID-19 town hall Saturday

Former Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton will appear with Sesame Street characters Saturday morning, tackling issues such as summer safety, play dates, and schooling during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The program, “The ABCs of Covid-19: A CNN/Sesame Street Town Hall for Kids and Parents,” will feature experts including Acton alongside “Sesame Street” characters answering questions submitted by families, according to a CNN press release.

Acton will be joined Olympic gold medal gymnasts Laurie Hernandez and Simone Biles, and CEO of Baltimore City Schools Sonja Santelises.

Big Bird and CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta will moderate the event, the release said.

Acton announced her resignation as state medical director Thursday, after months of leading Ohio in the battle against COVID-19, and said the toll her work was taking on her was “not sustainable.”

The program was initially scheduled to air May 30, but breaking news forced CNN to delay the program, according to the press release.

The program will air 10 a.m., Saturday June 13, and can be viewed on CNN or on CNN’s website for subscribers.

😖

Another good article:

Hi Gandalf,

I posted an analysis of that article in this thread, here:

Coronavirus Pandemic: Apocalypse Now! Or exaggerated scare story? , page 714 post #10,700

That article is probably one of the top ten that has been presented so far, and it definitely needs to be highlighted again. That one article alone reveals for all to see that Dr. Fauci is indeed a fraud after being called out by the Nobel Prize winner of the PCR test himself - Kary Mullis (and he has been since the AIDS fiasco, when Dr. Mullis exposed him), and also how useless the PCR test is for screening viral infections of any kind. How can you ever trust a test that can give upwards of 80% (or more) false positive results?

And this raises a question: WHY are these people using tests like this, when it is known that they give so many false positives? Could it be that they are doing so to inflate numbers so as to create fear and panic in the population, because the TRUE reality is that most people supposedly "infected" with these viruses will never come down with the disease - if even the virus was there in the first place?

Could it be that they have to use these flawed tests in order to promote an agenda that would otherwise never have legs - because the default state of every human being is to be healthy? Could it be that these numbers are being artificially generated because in reality, even when most of a population is exposed to a virus, most of them will never show symptoms since their immune systems will fight it off before it can take hold?

The PCR viral screening test. The FED. Both are fiat mechanisms that are keeping fraudulent systems alive - one medical, one financial. Time to pull the plug!!

Putting up signs to follow stupid rules and then not enforcing stupid rules makes more sense when we take the perspective of the little regular people trying to survive under the pathological dictatorships. Dictator dictates stupid rules. Little regular people needing legitimacy conferred by the dictator, eg business license, then pretend to follow stupid rules, eg putting up signs that masks are mandatory. Then little regular people actually don't follow the rules, as much as they can. It's an unspoken understanding among regular people. Don't ask if I have to follow the stupid rules, don't tell that I'm not following the stupid rules.

That's really interesting. Without wishing to hijack this thread and take it off topic, I'm wondering what do you think is causing these things to manifest? I was thinking it was a weakened immune system, but maybe there's more to it perhaps?

I think that it represents a symbolical anger at the global situation. Pretty much like Louise Hay says, anger, boiling over.

I wrote previously about how my company would require wearing masks for employees who went back on site. New update today:
I had to laugh when I read what your company now requires. My goodness, what don’t they just supply you all with an astronomer’s outfit complete with your own oxygen tanks, and be done with! :-D

With two face coverings I’m pretty sure y’all are gonna suffocate and I have literally no idea what a brass safety is is (prolly some smart marketing group has told them it’s an antiviral key or some such BS). Sheesh!

I'm guessing it could also be used for self-defense to give some attacker a hard poke in a sensitive spot. You've got to love engineers. In lieu of, you can always carry a plastic sandwich in your pocket to put over the hand when protection is desired--when using the hem of your T shirt won't do. "What a world! What a world!"
Very strange little aparatus. Are they telling us that very soon we will not be able to be able to touch anything, that the only way to touch things will be with mechanical fingers, are they trying to say that touch things is dangerous, feel things from our flesh is not anymore acceptable? Our hands, this magnificent part of our body that makes us different from the rest of the animal realm, what about them? This little tool is very disturbing. It is very robotic. It shows the craziness of this world, now completely nuts. Not anymore kisses, not anymore hugs, not anymore love, not anymore laughs, now what! I am exaggerating, evidently. But wait.

Now try to imagine a zombie with this tool in every hand.

Changing subject: I am starting to see that people now don't think correctly because of the absence of oxygen in their blood due to the masks. When you go to the stores or cafeterias, the employees are slow. When I say slow I mean slow mentally. They are like... too gentle. People also in the stores, with their masks, are like... zombies waiting something. Very disturbing. They are quiet, too quiet. It is like to be at the brink of an horror story. The day when the mask will fall is the day when people will wake up. And this for now is not possible. That's why I think with Hesperides that the mask will be there eternally.

Yesterday we went downtown Hesperides and me, as every Friday. At one moment at a one street corner there were maybe 6 cops there, doing nothing special just being there. In front of them, at the other corner many people with masks looking at them, just there, looking without talking, like zombies. It was very strange to see all this people looking like expecting something but without talking, it was almost funny but it is not funny. And later in a cafeteria-bar we took a coffee and there were people playing guitar and singing rumbas. So I see two type of humans on the street: those that wear masks and those that are not wearing masks. A clear division.

Also I went to the bank yesterday and I wait one hour with the mask, with other people and let me tell you, after one hour I was starting to feel weak and that even if many times I put the mask under my nose. In the bank they took out all chairs so now people have to wait standing and the majority of clients are seniors. So it is clear in my mind that what they are doing is really a program on people, a program to torture people in many ways.

I went to a different supermarket than normal today and had a super happy fun time™! I walked in the foyer and was promptly told that I had gone in the 'exit' although there were no markings to indicate this. So I had to walk out and all the way around to go in the 'entrance'. I apologised for my 'error' and made a joke about how the 'entrance' was flipped from my normal supermarket. To which the younger man grumpily said: "This is Asda, not Tesco". I smiled and walked away shaking my head at the absurdity of it all. I comforted myself with the thought that at least I had remembered my manners. My hero, Paddington Bear would no doubt approve.

I take it that the mandatory face coverings on public transport in the UK starting from Monday has been mentioned? As my only transport is my legs this is not exactly ideal for me. Fortunately those with 'breathing difficulties' are exempt if they show a stupid note to the driver. I have allergic asthma so fingers crossed this will enable me to avoid using a face covering. If not then I shall just not use public transport anymore. Not exactly a big deal in the scheme of things but I take the attitude that I should not go gentle into that good night Dystopia.

I've never talked to the local psychiatrist and the local social worker so much in my life to discuss cases. People with a history of schizophrenia are doing perfectly well, seemingly better than anybody. But depression and anxiety triggered by various factors including the economic struggles are in excess. I have a few on watch for risk of suicide.

We have been pointing out here on this thread and in social media for months how Covid and the disastrous effects of the lockdown are inextricably connected. You just can not speak of one without the other, although we do see how many people do try to separate the two, and we understand the psychological processes that creates this lack of clarity in the minds of most people.

Yes, for a very small percentage of the population, particularly elderly with comorbidities, the virus can be deadly, especially when not treated properly. The exhortation from those who know this has been to keep the immune system strong and not succumb to the stress created by the media and government lockdown hype. It is also clear that the fomentation of the riots is also be used to cover up the absurdity of the lockdown, plus to distract from the fact that Coronavirus is not that big of a deal.

It also has been pointed out that deaths via lockdown and the anxiety and depression from the lockdown will cause more harm - @Joe and many others have consistently and continually pointed this out for a long time. Quite frankly we have been railing against the lockdown and the hysteria.

I am not surprised at what @Gaby wrote about depression and anxiety being triggered, and there has been a significant increase in suicide watches. In my country, although all the statistics are not in yet, there have been suicides, and increase in depression, and strange “accidents” (increased number of cars with single drivers in head-on collisions with semi-trailer trucks, for example).

Well, the depression and anxiety triggered by the lockdown has come into my home and become personal. 😢

My highly sensitive 17 year old son has always been one to stress little things and be a bit obsessive in his pleasing of others. He has not required mental health care as he has managed quite well by keeping things in order and diligently carrying out his responsibilities. He is outgoing, has friends, even has an innocent “hand-holding” girlfriend, got a summer job, completed this year of school with a scholarship, and is liked by literally everybody. His sister and I have noticed that he has been almost “too joyful”, and doesn’t seem to have a bad day, and does not complain or talk back, or show any normal teenage rebelliousness. Truly a “golden boy” who volunteers to walk the dogs of his elderly friends, goes for long walks with friends his age, socializes, does not do drugs or alcohol, spends time with his elderly relatives – he is loved by everybody.

Then the lockdown hit in April. He had really found martial arts to be therapeutic, and that was cancelled. His choir performances and practices were cancelled. His work practice place was cancelled, there was no more meeting at school – everything changed. Although lockdown measures were not overly strict in the country where we live, and within our family things were calm and the virus was understood to be a nothing burger, and I thought everything was quite balanced – well, a storm was brewing within my son. He stepped up his conscientiousness, went for walks with friends, fastidiously worked at his school tasks, diligently completed housework and all other duties, sent in job applications and called potential employers. So we didn’t know how much he was suffering as he did not talk to us about it.

Well Wednesday evening when the house was mainly empty he went up to his room and attempted suicide by two means – he was serious! I won’t go into the raw and horrendous details now but fortunately there was some will to live as he called the emergency number, however the suicide was still in session when the paramedics arrived.

Afterwards in the observation room at the hospital there were many hours of Mom and Dad with him, with very long moments of silence, and us just letting him talk when he felt like it. He relayed in his own words how he has struggled for a long time with stress and anxiety, but he has managed and slept well over the years, and the anxiety has been manageable, but he related in April things turned for the worst and “I could not handle the anxiety anymore, every day was worse, as everything changed, and the restrictions and not being able to go to school, or do my work practice, or anything, made my stress and anxiety worse”. He has mentioned this April time frame several times when talking to his family and the medical staff: when the lockdown was in full force it was obviously the trigger, and his will to live decreased each day. He did not speak of this though, he thought it would go away, and he was worried about putting pressure on his close ones. He said he could not take the anxiety and pain any more, and just wanted to end it all.

I am going through various emotions and at times I do feel an anger that wants to lash out: “YOU LOCKDOWN SUPPORTERS AND THOSE OF YOU THANKING THE GOVERNMENT AND MEDIA FOR CREATING HYSTERIA AROUND COVID, DO YOU KNOW YOUR DAMN LOCKDOWN ALMOST KILLED MY SON!!!”

Therefore I am not surprised, as Gaby mentioned she knows of patients under suicide watch. My son is at a very well-known and respected youth psychiatric hospital under suicide watch right now. There is hope, as even though the desire to live has not fully returned, as he says he “wants to leave”, he said he is open to get help and treatment. Yesterday he had a good talk with the psychiatric staff and psychiatric doctor, and my son told us it was helpful. All of us close to him feel he is in the right place and that there is hope, and there is a sense of relief that he is getting help and the tools to deal with this anxiety and depression.

This has been a huge learning lesson for myself us as a family. This is a "billboard dropping on my head" moment, in terms of a sign from the universe. We are getting support. Thank you forum for being here to help maintain my sanity during this extremely troublesome times.

Also I do not want to distract from this thread and turn it into a thread focused on my issues. I know the forum is here and there are other threads where this personal issue can be dealt with - I just wanted to emphasize that the fallout from this Corona/Covid debacle is still upon us, and more than ever we need to keep vigilant and aware, even though there are other chaotic events happening at the moment.

Moderators: if I've divulged too much personal information here in this thread, likely in my emotional state, please feel free to move it to somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom