George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

The twists and turns continue.

Following the death of Rayshard Brooks, the Fulton County DA is going to charge both officers as the DA decided that Brooks never showed any hint of “aggressive behavior” during his interaction with Rolfe and Brosnan. The shooting officer, Garrett Rolfe, is facing 11 charges and possibly the death penalty after the other officer, Devin Brosnan, turned and became a witness against Rolfe.

People on twitter are calling for Atlanta cops to resign as a solidarity movement against their fellow officers being charged, and people have been reporting that a number of Atlanta cops are either resigning or are not responding to 911 calls in protest of the charges.

Is it crazy enough out there for you yet?

Hold on to your hats! The CHAZ now has its own costumed heroes and villains! (Actually, these kids have been rattling around Seattle for a while now, causing normal folks to wince in projected embarrassment, but now they've taken up residence in Capital Hill. Where the action is, I guess. It makes a kind of sense.)

I always thought that the all-star Cosmic Crazy would materialize in the form of rational adults suffering nervous breakdowns and similar as their delusional castles disintegrated out from beneath them, (which has indeed been happening), but I didn't really stop to consider their kids.

Young people today already start off with a mixed bag of loony influences, and they have the energy and verve to go full-on nutters without filters of any kind, (and apparently without their peers offering cautionary or helpful criticism. Except perhaps in the area of costume design...?)

This has been brought up a number of times on this thread - that because of an image of George Floyd that is part of a tweet that the Obama Foundation sent out on May 17th, then that shows that this whole thing was a pre-planned false flag.

But that is not the case. This has been described pretty clearly and it is something that happens a lot with Twitter card images:

But a peek into the code behind the Obama Foundation’s website reveals that the image that originally displayed with the tweet is different than the image that displays now.

Any website can designate a Twitter card image to appear in tweets that link to that site. On May 17, tweets pointing to the Obama Foundation site featured a picture of President Barack Obama in graduation robes. On June 8, they featured a picture of a George Floyd poster.

On Twitter, when a website updates the image that’s designated to appear in tweets, the image will update on existing tweets that link to that site, in addition to newly created tweets.

A version of the site that was archived on May 17 contained code showing that, at the time, the graduation photo of Obama was designated as the image to appear in tweets.

That code explanation quoted above sounds reasonable to my technologically-illiterate mind. But what concerns me about it is that its source is the very mainstream Associated Press, as part of their "ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform." Apparently AP is part of Facebook’s fact-checking program: https://www.facebook.com/help/1952307158131536. So I'm surprised you cite AP as the basis for your post because I can't imagine you're suggesting we trust "fact checking" organizations on FB. So how to make sense of this?

So I'm surprised you cite AP as the basis for your post because I can't imagine you're suggesting we trust "fact checking" organizations on FB.

For some things, yes. But it will always depend on the situation.

In this particular case, Beau was pointing out was that there's a non-conspiratorial explanation for the tweet. AP did a good job of summarizing the explanation and so he quoted it.

Similarly, I would cite a mainstream source if someone were to say the earth was flat.

Just because the information is coming from a mainstream source doesn't mean that it's automatically invalid. It's up to us to use our grey matter and figure out what is true and what is false, always and in every case. No matter the source.

If you don't trust AP, then find another source. Go on Google and search "update Twitter card image" and you will find examples of how the process works. You could also go on the Obama Foundation's Twitter page and wait for them to update the link image for their obama.org links, and you'll see all of their tweets linked to that site will have the image changed. Including the original tweet in question.

The twists and turns continue.

Following the death of Rayshard Brooks, the Fulton County DA is going to charge both officers as the DA decided that Brooks never showed any hint of “aggressive behavior” during his interaction with Rolfe and Brosnan. The shooting officer, Garrett Rolfe, is facing 11 charges and possibly the death penalty after the other officer, Devin Brosnan, turned and became a witness against Rolfe.

People on twitter are calling for Atlanta cops to resign as a solidarity movement against their fellow officers being charged, and people have been reporting that a number of Atlanta cops are either resigning or are not responding to 911 calls in protest of the charges.

Atlanta Police walk out following murder charge against officer who shot Rayshard Brooks

Atlanta, GA — The head of Atlanta’s police union confirmed Wednesday that officers from the Atlanta Police Department in Zones 3 and 6 walked off the job Wednesday afternoon.

Vince Champion, southeast regional director of the International Brotherhood of Police officers, said that police officers had stopped answering calls midshift, in response to charges against Officer Garrett Rolfe who is accused of murdering Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta.

“The union, we would never advocate this. We wouldn’t advocate a blue flu,” Champion said. “We don’t know the numbers. Apparently we’re learning that command staff are asking outlying counties for support and aren’t getting it.”

Decaturish has calls out to public affairs officers in Gwinnett, DeKalb and Cobb counties for confirmation.

A spokesperson for APD called reports of a walkout “inaccurate.”

“Earlier suggestions that multiple officers from each zone had walked off the job were inaccurate,” the spokesperson said. “However, the department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call-outs with the incoming shift. We have enough resources to maintain operations and remain able to respond to incidents throughout the city.”

Zones 3 and 6 cover south Atlanta, where Rolfe killed Rayshard Brooks after a June 12 DUI arrest turned into an altercation. Rolfe fired three bullets at Brooks as he fled with a taser in hand. Video of the shooting suggests Brooks pointed the taser at officers as he fled.

A protest the next day descended into vandalism and the arson of the Wendy’s restaurant where the shooting occurred. Police and state fire officials have offered a reward for tips leading to the arrest and prosecution of the arsonists.

Champion accused Paul Howard, Fulton county’s district attorney, of lying about what is happening in a press conference earlier today when Howard suggested that officer Devin Brosnan had turned state’s evidence and is testifying.

“The attorney for the officer said that’s not true two minutes later, and said he’s not pleading guilty and not offering state’s evidence,” Champion said.

Other local media are seeing evidence of the walkout.

Atlanta INtown reports, “A drive around Zone 6 indicated there was not the usual APD presence. A Georgia State Patrol unit was handling a two-car accident at Boulevard and Edgewood Avenue around 9 p.m. The APD’s precinct at Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center appeared empty. Down in Grant Park, the Zone 3 precinct was populated by Fulton County Sheriff units.”

This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is received

---------------------------------------

I have lost count of how many videos of blacks beating up white people I have seen this week on twitter. BLM is turning full KKK

The violent minorities out there have get the memo that they are the true protective class. Liberalism means that they can act with impunity and beat up and murder white people as they see fit. Especially now with the police basically gone. It's a bloodbath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom