George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Laws don't mean much without civility. And in most of these case where police end up shooting someone, it is because their authority isn't respected. And it seems to be a opportunity with every black/law enforcement incident that the victim exploits the law enforcements civility. And why? Because they only think of rights - civility be damned. And civility they see as a weakness, and resist, imperiling the laws duty to keep the peace.

Then, you see on a video some black basketball hero, or the parents of the shooting victim, completely oblivious to the victims part of the incident, along with their attorney with only
'rights' and a legal claim in mind. No mention of civility. Civility matters.

A citizen should be aware of law enforcements role in society. And it is common sense to understand this. Cops carry guns. They arrest people. They encounter many dangers in the line of duty. And they are trained to be respectful, and are scrutinized for every violent encounter. They are also deadly if that is necessary.

So, to resist and not cooperate as seems to be the case, is as bad a offense, and disregards civility so that 'rights' are all that matter. And its reckless, and tempts fate. Now that these people understand their rights, they need to understand civility. I'm sure they do already, but no one is telling them to act civilized. It will probably make their civil rights leaders and attorneys very mad.

Most people, whether they get a speeding ticket or whatever involves police, respect their authority. They may not like the police, but respect what they do, knowing it would be futile to resist. But these incidents that always escalate involves blacks who seem to have no conscious connection to civility - they get killed, and everyone surrounding the issue ignores that the victims were uncivil, yet they demand justice! Shouting about rights.

Our civility is being exploited as is always the case. But it is so blatant, in your face, and propagated, combined with black oppression sympathies, we are left to just behold the spectacle.

So, it is not law and order at fault - for the most part. It is incivility. And if no one tells them: 'That's uncivilized' they might go on thinking that rights are the only issue. And that's probably what the civil rights leaders want for them. To be hypocritical pawns in their game of conquest.
In line with what you are saying, there's a black ex-cop on Youtube--Officer Tatum, he calls himself--who is commenting a lot lately on all these violent incidents. (I'm sure he's been linked to in this thread, in fact.) Anyway, one of the problems he cites is that in certain black neighborhoods it's frowned upon to be respectful to the police. You could be called an Uncle Tom, or shamed in other ways. Officer Tatum didn't know what should be done about it, either. It's very entrenched, this dynamic.

So, this incivility you're talking about is in these neighborhoods considered cool, and means you belong. It's "cultural" in that sense. Experienced cops, of course, are aware of this too. Not that this behavior makes their job any easier, but they realize that, for many, to behave otherwise could get around, and could have its consequences. So, once again, the more a police officer understands the environment where he/she is working, the better the outcomes will be.

Actually, I've been wondering about this very issue lately as well. Remember the person at the now infamous Wendy's parking lot (the Wendy's that was later burnt to the ground) who stole from and then used a taser on the police (with, of course, fatal consequences)? Shouldn't it have been obvious to the man that by using the taser he'd be inciting a violent response?

That's really the thing I'm most concerned about now: how everything we're seeing, night after night -- and the whole belligerent attitude that goes with it -- is creating that same belligerence even in people who may have acted entirely differently even just three months ago. But people are increasingly reactive, and it's putting us all in peril.

I wrote the following post some time ago now, but unfortunately I allowed it to languish on my desktop. Now that I’ve finally gotten around to tidying up that same ol’ desktop, I came across it and thought it was interesting enough to actually post. I think I have a few of these abandoned posts, so I’ll try to pace myself when it comes to finally posting them (!)

FYI, luc is here responding to something I posted about the racist practice in real estate known as redlining, which has been outlawed, although that hasn't altogether eradicated the practice:

Thanks, I didn't know that, but yes, these things exist, or anyway used to. What comes to mind as well is voting district partitioning, where you create the districts in such a way that you take a chunk of a black district and mix it with white districts to make it impossible for blacks to get a majority for a black candidate. Not sure if this is still practiced, but it certainly was in the past.

However, there are still many things wrong with the term "systemic racism" in my opinion.

First, of course, the term represents a whole ideology today - white people are inherently racist and "privileged", the whole postmodern look at the world through the lens of power play, even the idea that blacks are inherently better suited for higher positions etc., all these ideas being jumbled in various degrees. It would help if people talked about redlining if they want to talk about redlining, instead of using ideologically loaded terms like "systemic racism".

Second, things like redlining or discriminatory voting district partitioning etc. are not by default "systemic racism". They are discriminatory policies against a minority. Who says they are motivated by racism? And if so, to what degree? There have been plenty of white minorities who have been discriminated against in the US, like Irish, Italians, Polish and so on. So we don't know if discriminatory policies against blacks are motivated by racist ideologies or just by the usual in-group/out-group thinking, or the normal efforts by an existing elite to protect itself against competition from "newcomers". Not to say that racism doesn't play a role or doesn't exist, of course, but we need to be precise here. Discriminatory policies don't automatically imply racism.

Third, thanks to all those sociological theories and of course Marxist thinking, there is a huge overemphasis on "the system" in today's political thinking as opposed to people. But people write laws, people enforce them (or not), people are racist, not systems. So if you talk about "systemic racism", show me the actual people who are racists and who perpetuate racism, and prove that they really do think black people are an inferior race, or something like that. It is people who can make a difference if they are in a position of authority, either positive or negative, even in bad systems. Of course, the institutional context matters too, but always talking about "institutionalized racism" and what have you is kind of shifting the responsibility to some nameless "system", away from individuals.

I think that details and precision matter here. Otherwise, we can quickly fall into "camps" or think in ideologies rather than trying to learn something, osit.

Hi @luc. Yes, I know what you mean about the term "systemic racism." In fact, I was going to have a go at the term in that last post of mine, but I decided that it was a somewhat different topic, and I didn't want to over-complicate things. So, I'm glad you brought it up. And you make a lot of good points. I think it's useful to consider its emphasis on systems/ideologies over individuals, and how problematic that is. As you say, why not specifically address these problems, such as redlining, for example -- and I appreciated the site I linked to since it offered real, in the world, remedial measures one can take when encountering this problem.

I did a brief search and learned that "systemic racism" is an idea developed by sociologist Joe R. Feagin, and explicated in his book, "Racist America: Roots, Current Realities, and Future Reparations." I haven't found the date of its first printing, it's up to the fourth edition now. Oh, just checked again -- apparently, its initial printing was 2006. As to the term “systemic racism" itself, it would be interesting to know when it was first used, and whether Feagin actually coined it.

I have to say, I was surprised to learn that Joe R. Feagin, who is in his eighties now, is white -- and quite "privileged," as esteemed academics go:

[Education]

"After completing his undergraduate education at Baylor University in 1960, Feagin moved to Boston where he went on to earn his Ph.D. in sociology (social relations) from Harvard University in 1966. He was the Scholar-in-Residence at the U.S. Civil Rights Commission (1974–1975).[2] Currently, he is the Ella C. McFadden and Distinguished Professor of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University.[3] His research and teaching interests concern mainly the development and structure of racial and gender prejudice and discrimination, especially institutional and systemic discrimination and racism."

Of course, I don’t personally know this Feagin person. Maybe he's a perfectly wonderful man seeking to eradicate racism in the United States and beyond. However, already my "social engineering" red flag is starting to assert itself. In line with that, it's rather telling he got his PhD. at Harvard in the 60’s since so much was “being decided” at Harvard at that time. Timothy Leary comes to mind, and the experiments in mind control using LSD. (I'm just now reading the latest tome on Charles Manson: CHAOS, by Tom O'Neill, which further delineates the "covert" role of LSD, specifically regarding the processing of Manson's malignantly deranged enclave known as “The Family.") In any case, it’s something to consider: the long term social engineering underlying so much of what we are presently seeing.

Back on Feagin… admittedly, I have not read his book, but from what I’ve gathered, it seems that "systemic racism" insidiously sees racism in every aspect, every institution, founding document -- thought -- in American society. The fact that society is complex, that class plays a role, regardless of race, that, as luc pointed out, many ethnic groups have their stories of prejudice, violence, hatred and oppression -- all such points would seem to take a back seat to this a priori principle, thanks, perhaps in large part, to this white, male, "privileged" academic, Joe R. Feagin, who, from his earliest days at Harvard (as I mentioned, a 60’s hotbed of social engineering), developed this now weaponized idea that’s currently targeting the foundational premises of this democracy of ours.

As far as the targeting of our schools with these ideas, we now have the introducing of a book titled “White Fragility,” by Robin DiAngelo (which I believe has been mentioned on this thread before). I just looked DiAngelo up… sort of interesting that this “whiteness studies” professor is teaching in Seattle).

Anyway, here’s Tucker Carlson’s scathing critique of DiAngelo and her book:

Excerpt from Carlson’s above book review:

“Worrying about economic injustice is just another symptom of… brace yourself here: racism; of white fragility. Get it? Maybe you’re starting to understand why corporate America absolutely loves this book. Why? Because Robin DiAngelo absolves them of their crimes. Apple, and the health insurers, and the credit card companies get off scot free because the real problem, Robin DiAngelo tells them, is white racism. And what a relief for them to learn. $6000 dollars an hour [her speaking fee] is a small indulgence to pay for that kind of forgiveness. Thank you, Reverend DiAngelo, we appreciate the house call!”

Last edited:
One thing that many people overlook (even though it's obvious) and is often not emphasized, is that the media TV news, the propaganda box, has an incredible influence on the minds of the masses and is, imo, primarily responsible (apart from covert intel) for all this violence. They shape perceptions to an incredible degree, pit one group against another, only show what they want, and it's the peoples free will to watch and listen to it. So they don't hold a gun to peoples heads to watch it. That's the major problem imo. People choose to be ignorant and follow authority. They may see that what's going on is BS but then they watch the TV and believe that also. The result is a nullification of reality in peoples psychology. They become, by choice, lifeless 'nullities.'

Police charged the Antifa shield wall hard, not holding back on beating the rioters with batons

Are Portland police changing their tactics? If so, what difference might it make? The DA just seems to let most of those detained go free. If I understand correctly, charges simply are dropped in many cases.

Regardless, there are some entertaining comments.

The twins worked as security guards (?), so they know what they are talking about. They also discuss the deaths of 'hundreds' of police officers - "more than black and white people combined".

It is quite opposite. How do basketball and security go hand in hand? Of course they would have difficult time handling the person because it is wrestling and ground work and different type of conditions altogether do not mentioning mentallity. Someone who has not done it no matter how good in conditioning in his sport will tire very quickly in wrestling and ground work so of course it is difficult for them, it is specific condition you get by doing exactly that and not basketball. Those types of guys are like those gym guys on roids that are there to act tough and scary, it is an act, and they do just that to most people who are untrained and know about it what they see on TV, but when it comes to real thing you see how much invalids they are.

Laws don't mean much without civility. And in most of these case where police end up shooting someone, it is because their authority isn't respected. And it seems to be a opportunity with every black/law enforcement incident that the victim exploits the law enforcements civility. And why? Because they only think of rights - civility be damned. And civility they see as a weakness, and resist, imperiling the laws duty to keep the peace.

It goes both ways I would say. Those individuals that got shoot show lack of basic intelligence but that is thanks to the schooling that is very bad and unpopular among that subculture, prevalence of gang culture and materialism that is idolised thanks to media. They want to get to quick money so many turn to crime, especially where there is that culture present along peer pressure and you do not have father who was killed for the same, or you were the result of one night stand, there is no one to look up because your parents are the same or even worse. But it also depends on inate nature and so what happens is to be expected and to end as it does when it goes to both sides.

It is just not the actions of those individuals but also police officers are poorly trained, when it comes physically and with firearms, and many show lack of intelligence but that is I think requirement for the job world over. They have firearms training once a year and to comparison that is like having once a year training in a sport you do, it comes to basically nothing. of course there are individuals that are exception and do privately but I am talking in general. i read one study one US officer did about shootings and it s statistics and was terrible, they were missing from 2 meters, but it was all familiar because it is no different in other countries because it is the same thing. I watched also one shooting in New York where ther were 4 officers and the guy was having a knife but left it in store he was trying to rob and so was unarmed when he started to wrestle with one female officer and other three came and started running from him until these female officer started screaming in panic and shoot him. I was like wth, this officers are imbeciles. One above averge wrestler could take him down easily not mentioning guy had somewher about 60 to 70 kg. There were cases where some officers where stabbed or attacked with firearm I know and the perpertrators did not get killed and there were no teasers involved so what is it more to talk about it. It is all because the selection process is flawed and that is by design. Many of them probably did not do any sport during their life, and when you see many of them it is all obvious, some with their beellies popping out you can be sure many can not run 50 m total not mentioning something more(not mentioning those older what is normal when it comes to their age). So you have similar like above lack of intelligence,and lack of physical training, especially combative. They should recruit firstly more intelligent people, that are minimally doing some sport, best bet doing some martial arts. But they do not want them, because the force that is stupid and obedient and poorly trained just enough to do what is required from them will not turn against their masters. Which is a positive side when it comes to citizens who had it enough.

Think the Jocko on Rogan podcast explains it well:

I also bumped on youtube chanel called BlackScoutSurvival and here and there watch his videos and he has some good and grounded views on the situation and advice: stay at home and protect family if it comes to it, police do not doing their job and should give ultimatum to those higher ups, avoid protests if you do not want to get injured or aressted like this kid did, influence your politicians by writing, boycoting, and moving away and leaving those cities economically ruined and whitout taxes for those corrupt politicians, influencing your community on local level but also sees that it is all going downhill.

BLM only accepts total obedience. If you are not with them you are with the enemy. This is a very brave lady. People like this are the hope for the future.

This phenomenon of cultural Marxism - of harassing individuals into obedience by the intimidation of crowds does, indeed, have a precedent in history. The film Farewell My Concubine (discussed in this thread) depicts such a scene as what bjorn posted (only much worse) that occurs once Mao's Revolution becomes full-blown to devastating effect. If one plans on watching that excellent film, you'll get the idea and a fuller impact on characters you come to care about. But if not, here's the scene from the movie that the BLM video reminds me so much of:

FIGHT for your LIFE: Stunning video shows moment armed security man had to shoot multiple rioters from the ground or be beaten to death by Black Lives Matter thugs

We have a stunning video that was captured last night by Brendan Gutenschwager and tweeted by Andy Ngo. It shows the stunning moments in which a young security man with a semi-auto rifle is forced to defend his life by shooting multiple Black Lives Matter attackers who clearly intended to beat him to death.
This video is highly instructive, and we have analyzed it frame by frame, adding markings to illustrate what was actually taking place (see photos below).

We don’t yet know the full context of this shooting, but according to multiple reports, the young man with the rifle was running security to try to protect private property from the arson and looting attacks of the Black Lives Matter terrorists.

This is where the video provides a stunning account of what happens next.

At one point, he was being chased down the street by multiple Black Lives Matter terrorists who were clearly intent on beating him to death. For a reason we don’t yet understand, he tripped and fell to the pavement. Once he was on the ground, BLM terrorists rushed in to try to kill him, which is of course what Black Lives Matter stands for: Burn, Loot and Murder. (Which is why Apple, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, McDonald’s and hundreds of other corporations openly support BLM, because these corporations now hate America and provide financial support for mass violence.)

Watch the video here, then see the frame-by-frame analysis below:

This is extremely upsetting. This decent, hard working family man slain mercilessly and with no one by his side, no help from anyone as he lay dying on the sidewalk.

View attachment 36664

David Dorn worked with the St. Louis Police Department for 38 years.
A retired police captain fatally shot during looting in St. Louis was passionate about helping young people.

( Don't get upset at the guy filming it. He called 911 before rolling and spent the rest of the 13 minutes (that's how long the video is) fending other looters off from the store. )

The life and death of a much loved dedicated police officer. A heart wrenching tribute from his wife about her loving, kind and selfless husband.

This poor young guy was in fear of his life, just trying to do his job.

New footage of Kenosha shootings during riot paints a different picture

1598648268877.png

Videos track the movements of Kyle Rittenhouse during Tuesday night's riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin

A team of investigative journalists, videographers and writers from the New York Times has tracked the movements of the shooter Kyle Rittenhouse during Tuesday night's riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old native of Illinois, has been taken into custody for the shooting of three individuals during the riot. Two of the victims have been pronounced dead.

Rittenhouse appeared on multiple videos and photos taken throughout the night.

The teenager, armed with a semi-automatic rifle and carrying a med-kit, was seen early in the night and captured on film by Kristan T Harris, the producer and co-owner of “The Rundown Live”, an online news stream.

Rittenhouse was then interviewed by Richie McGinniss, a video editor at Daily Caller. While standing in front of a burnt down, boarded up business, Rittenhouse told Richie that his job was “to protect this business” and “help people if there’s someone hurt.”

Later, Rittenhouse defended parked cars being smashed by rioters. He was told to leave the area by police, and was then chased into a parking lot several blocks away when an unknown gunman fired a shot into the air.

As a man lunges towards him, Rittenhouse fires four shots, one hitting the man in the head. One video shows what looks to be a Molotov Cocktail being lobbed at Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse allegedly phoned the police after this.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1298596605952589824?s=20

Rittenhouse is then chased down the street by a group of three men, one rioter yells "that's the shooter." He falls down and points his rifle and fires at the men. Rittenhouse fired four shots. One man, carrying a skateboard, appeared to be hit in the chest and fell to the ground. Another, who is carrying a handgun, was hit in the arm and ran away.

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1298502384654651392?s=20

The man who was shot in the arm appeared in a photo today, Gaige Grosskreutz's arm appears to have been saved by doctors. His friend commented on a picture saying Gaige's regret is that he didn't kill Rittenhouse.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1298851037982334976?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299086141329563648?s=20

After the shooting, Rittenhouse walks towards the police vehicles where he makes a hand symbol (the symbol was perhaps told to him during his earlier phone call after the first shooting) and is let through their blockade as they go and tend to the injured.

Many in the establishment media have suggested the incidents may have been race-related but the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), which tracks extremist activity, told CBS News that they found "no indication from Rittenhouse's social media footprint that he is connected to any extremist movements."

Rand Paul talks to FoxNews about him and his wife encountering a mob when leaving after Trump's speech at RNC near White House and luckily escaping under protection of police forces that were nearby. He described the situation without overreacting but one can see from the video it was serious. He said that perhaps they would not be killed but probably injured, ending up in a hospital. He also pointed "...we cannot have Joe Biden ruling the country and having no police force... this is happening now in many cities across our country." Gustav LeBon's book The crowd (Psychology of crowds) comes to mind when watching these pictures. People mindlessly attacking someone who as a legislator actually did a lot for them and their freedom.

Portland's mayor Ted Wheeler is showing his juvenile stupidity in his response to Trump's offer to send federal law enforcement to calm down the situation:

The letter reads like a teenager would have wrote it. Would you write "Portlanders are on to you", "no thanks" and "Stay away, please" in an official letter to the president if you'd be the mayor? :cool2: Plus, the propagandist nature of the letter is pretty obvious for everyone to see, e.g. "your bumbling response to the COVID pandemic".

The most stupid part is that he 'took the bait'. I could be wrong, but I think this is a classic 'art of the deal' move by Trump: threaten to do something, thus provoking an action by the opponent, who in this way has showed his true colors and has locked himself in a position from where he can't back away without loosing face and credibility.

These people really are stupid.

Back
Top Bottom