Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

I must have offended and triggered the protective m instinct of persons mollycoddle cosset as if it were their personalities being criticized. However Madam, I read every one of the words you so chose to express and will take heed not to discuss anything outside the context of this thread and social discussion.
How about leaving out words like 'mollycoddle' 'cosset' and 'Madam', just because Keit was doing her job? Which entails spotting posts that belong in other threads, making sure that others understand you properly (external considering) by explaining to you what was unclear and so on. It's not just for us, other members and mods, it's also for the benefit of yourself, so you can communicate effectively if you wish to do so. My two cents.

We can see the change that happens in both main characters and it is their consciousness suffering just to become better persons.
These new transformed " better persons" can give to its other part, to its partner much more than the old automated and programmed old persons could.
And all this is achieved through consciousness suffering and huge faith that one day when they will win their personal internal battles and will be together in a new reality that is much better than the old one.
Well said and I couldn't agree more!

I am currently reading The Wicked Deeds of Daniel MacKenzie, number 8 of the series in which the main characters are a bit older than they were in the beginning of the series.

I love the male characters, probably because the Scottish brothers are from a close-knit family despite having had rough childhoods. Despite their wealth they are very down-to-earth and tough. These books also have a certain warm quality to them, while at the same time Jennifer Ashley's descriptions of trauma and hardship are realistic and true OSIT. It's a good mix!

It's good to see that the marriages of the brothers are still going strong (Ian's eldest child is already 9 years old in the eighth book), Ian can now look people in the eye and continues to improve, it also turns out that despite his issues he is the one you would want to have in your corner when the going gets tough, making clear that he is capable of deep love.

I think it's good to read romance novels of various writers, even if that means that some of the sex scenes are spicy. I have had my Mary Balogh fill and really want to push myself a bit when it comes to clean but racy sex scenes without feeling embarrassed or uneasy or what have you. And that won't happen if I stick to Balogh! But that's just a personal observation.

The speaking you in my position. It's a common phrase " "being on the go". For many this means a vehicle. I not have such motor mechanics. On foot accompany much stress, physical exhaustion and aches; wear and tear. The culmination of my comments does not equal anywhere close to wearing a mask. That was mentioned in only two comments. I suppose the culmination that occupies the vast majority of people daily routine is the complying of an involuntary choice on their part. I must have offended and triggered the protective m instinct of persons mollycoddle cosset as if it were their personalities being criticized. However Madam, I read every one of the words you so chose to express and will take heed not to discuss anything outside the context of this thread and social discussion.

Rolae, have you ever been diagnosed with a learning disability? You say English is your first language, however, most people here (if not all), are completely at a loss when reading your posts. Your syntax/grammar is completely incomprehensible. One might actually think that your posts are composed by some kind of computer that randomly generates word strings from triggered categories. I would say that if you can't do any better than that, this forum is not for you.

Last night around 3am I finished the 6th book of the Survivor's Club series "Only a Kiss" in which Imogen's story is told.
Not only did I cry but I found myself uncontrollably sobbing making some noise when all around was quiet. With the window open neighbour's tomcat joined me in my wailing. What a concert! 🥲 What Imogen did goes beyond the scope of what most people could do, osit.
I loved it. Percy stands out a bit because he is not as deeply damaged as the other main characters in the series and he makes her laugh which I realized is a great gift.
Hector, the dog with the bulging eyes, is a hoot indeed as others have already mentioned. I'm seriously considering to adopt an ugly old dog.

'The Proposal'- Hugo and Gwen with Hugo being a hilarious character throughout the series. One must just love his scowling way.
'The Arrangement' with Vincent and Sophia - I actually still feel the pain that he'll never see his kids with his own eyes and enjoyed Sophia's transformation from ugly duckling to swan.
'The Escape'- Ben and Samantha- her familiy easily gives one the creeps.
'Only Enchanting' - I didn't suspect Flavian to be so deeply hurt and must admit that I resented the fact that his former betrothed Velma didn't receive the cut direct from the ton. ;-)
'Only a Promise'- Ralph and Chloe. Strangely enough I took it personal when she cut her hair although that is a ridiculous notion.

Off to the last book of this series, may the world be left behind (for now).

I started a few months ago to read the romance novels and it has been so refreshing and given me a some welcome uplifting reading while working.
Finished the second book in the Mackenzie series. This one was even better than the first one. Nice story, very dynamic, and all the time something is happening.
The main characters have their own issues and a lot of them. The story is a great example of how a male and female couple in a romantic relationship can achieve much more than if they were alone.
That love, that dynamic in their relationship, the need to love and to be loved, the need not to hurt the loved ones has enormous power to change people.
This was the series I started with though I stopped after the fourth book to sample some other others. Like you Konstantin, I have really enjoyed them and they all have a detective story woven into the romance which is taking place.
We can see the change that happens in both main characters and it is their consciousness suffering just to become better persons.
Exactly. The stories are written like the hero's journey. The characters, the four Mackenzie brothers are all rough diamonds, yet through love (initially physical love), they make a conscious effort to become better, more expanded human beings worthy of being called men. They are aided by the female protagonists along with some honest words from their fellow brothers. One of the key elements as I see it, is the willingness to confront those hurts in the past and this happens by talking and feeling the hurt and pain which has been buried. The female characters are good poignant listeners is this unveiling. Even if these characters become larger than life at the end of the books like mythical heroes then it is also encouraging the readers to redeem some of the flaws in us.

Though I mentioned the development of the male characters, it is clear that the female characters also go through a transformation equally worthy of the heroines journey. They appear mostly to be very down to earth characters, who by having grown up in some tough conditions have learned a thing or two, which means they are not blown over by glamour of the rich Mackenzie brothers.

Afterwards, I read Mary Balogh' courting Julie trilogy, which I found very encapturing.

So I found tears, laughter, sadness, joy and much more coming from these books and they have helped me look back to previous relationships and see things in a different light.

I thought that reading these books might also activate something akin to the idea proposed in the Original Bioquantics or H2O, which Chu and Laura talked about in a session.
Q: (L) So, back in July we went to Paris to this paranormal conference. Ark met this fellow who has put together this healing method, for lack of a better term. But he doesn't say that he does any healing. He says he just helps tune your body so that you do your own healing. He says it connects you to the information field so that you can acquire the information you need into your energy field so that healing takes place. He had some kind of strange name for the method... What was it?

(Chu) "Original Bioquantics"

Q: (L) Okay, so there are these little devices that are being used. First, the inventor was calling them filters because they're kind of like little round filters for a camera. They involve the use of little bits of gel film as used to be used in the early days of color photography. Then he decided that filters might not fit, and that he wanted to call them “tuners”.

(Chu) Harmonizers.

(L) Harmonizers, okay. So what is it about these "filters" that makes them respond - that is, harmonize and detect or whatever they are doing?

A: It is not the "filters" it is the practitioner.
Perhaps reading these novels are doing something similar and as we read them and reflect on our past, our systems harmonize. Just like suggested with the filters and photograps, that they could activate and heal past trauma perhaps also of past lives.
Q: (Joe) What's special about the pictures?

A: About any place on the planet has an energy signature that can be captured by photographs. Any person with a multiple incarnational history can respond to any number of such photos. In a large enough collection you are bound to get some hits. You can expand the photo collection yourselves.
In other words, perhaps some of these novels also produce a hit due to our multiple incarnational history as we are bound to have experienced some lives which match to a certain extent with what the romantic novels depict. This would explain why some stories touch more than others for different people. Anyway this is just a hypothesis.

Currently on to book number 12, which is the Regency Romances, with Merlin and 'Mr. Duke' as key characters. Some very funny descriptions and I am looking forward to work tomorrow where I will have a chance to read some more.

I just wanted to say a big thank you for this thread :flowers: I have amost finished Mary B's Survivors Club series and its been quite a journey! It has been a wonderful shield to all the other things going on around. I look forward to the next series (not sure which) from the spreadsheet :lkj:

I almost finished Survivor's series. one more book left.

Book 1.5 or 8 - Suitor: This one looked more like a filler - small book. It looks these romance authors need to publish 2 books a year to be on the radar of publishers. Probably these small books serve that purpose.

2. Arrangement: How too much pity and care suffocates the independence of the person. I had tears moment
when Sophia was kicked out of the house at midnight with nowhere to go.

3. The Escape: This is an interesting story when Samantha
decides impulsively to go to her roots,
with no guarantee of what she will be found there. Pleasant ending. Another story where parent's impulsive action taken under influence infront of small kids creates a generations of misunderstanding and hurt.

4. Only Enchanting: It's a decent continuation of Balogh's exploration of what Love means. It means so many things for so many people under different contexts makes it almost meaningless.

5. Only A Promise: It was a surprising proposition, Chloe made what looked like bounty hunting at the first glance. But, it worked out well. Again another story in which chain of misunderstandings (father's rantings under influence), comes back to haunt in the future. It was nice to see each facilitate other to face their ghosts of the past.

6. Only A Kiss: Story started somewhat boring, but soon turned into some mystery. It was tough for Imogan to reconcile herself with the past until the right man comes along to remind her the obvious meaning of her past action. I enjoyed it at the end.

Rolae, have you ever been diagnosed with a learning disability? You say English is your first language, however, most people here (if not all), are completely at a loss when reading your posts. Your syntax/grammar is completely incomprehensible. One might actually think that your posts are composed by some kind of computer that randomly generates word strings from triggered categories. I would say that if you can't do any better than that, this forum is not for you.
A few months back Laura astral projected before me. In a apartment in Spokane. I was with older Russian woman. I clearly witness you sitting in chair perhaps your study room and there looking back at me no words spoken. I was wide awake this occured in morning. The night before while I was sleeping in the higher realms of some dimension alone you where sitting in this beautiful calming mosaic of a bluish white queenish if you will, setting. Upright you were sitting facing out behind this escritoire writing desk. The background has glimmering reasoning. The setting was ornamental as if of high Noble and away. I do not know how you perceived me. I walked slowly and at quiteness. I made walk through simultaneously. One curved half 180 degree at the same moment I came directly down the middle as if to reflect mirror as young man. In this same night I witness also another setting you where with the stones at sitting, one tall candle on Stone table and completely dark otherwise. I made same walk as young man half curve around. On both higher dimension or horizontal dimension Laura Knight Jadczyk is/ was observing. Now these words don't articulate. If the memory has not come to you. Might have been February maybe March. Anyway I wanted this to be communicated.

I think it's good to read romance novels of various writers, even if that means that some of the sex scenes are spicy. I have had my Mary Balogh fill and really want to push myself a bit when it comes to clean but racy sex scenes without feeling embarrassed or uneasy or what have you. And that won't happen if I stick to Balogh! But that's just a personal observation.

Upon reflection of how reading these books affect me, I realized that I do not have any sexual responses to any of the sex scenes. If the purpose of this project is to energize the sexual center to flush out hidden flaws, it is not happening to me. I do, however, experience intense emotional energy which has affected my core disposition like sunny warm spring days has on a long cold winter.

Then again, as Mariama has observed, this could be the result of Balogh! 😍

Now these words don't articulate. If the memory has not come to you. Might have been February maybe March. Anyway I wanted this to be communicated.
If one wishes to communicate then it is important that one writes in a way so that the receiver can clearly see what the sender wishes to communicate. Your words above do not communicate and are more like dream fragments that you have not taken the trouble to untangle yourself. I doubt that you are able to make sense of what you just wrote. It appears as word salad...at best.

And your post does not belong in this thread.

Ditto. I'd get laughed out of town, although the folks at the public library know and there's been no raised eyebrows from them.
But read them at the local coffee house where I hang out? Nope.:thdown::cool::cool2:
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but part of your reply @iamthatis to the above quote said: "Better to be a naked fool than the shadow of a man who wears a deceptive cloak."
Personally, I find your quote insulting and humiliating, because you are inferring I'm a shadow of a man, as well as deceptive, because I don't openly read romance novels in a public venue that I visit on a routine basis. I don't know what your motive is for doing this is, but I think I deserve better than this. I have my own reasons for this, but I think my activity on this forum speaks for itself, and it is not one of deception.

I started telling people as a specific decision that was came from a lesson in Balogh's books - that of my own mask or program of 'Mr. Nice Guy'. I would often present a certain face in public so as to seem cool, and get people to like me. This is the false personality that exists at the expense of the essence.

Better to be a naked Fool than the shadow of a man who wears a deceptive cloak.

I'm quite new to the Forum and the C's material. I have decided to take this personal challenge to Facebook as well - sharing more articles that will undoubtedly burn bridges with more left-leaning associates. I am sharing carefully, not getting too involved or seeking to teach or change others, as advised by the C's. But it is crucial for me to engage in this sharing as a form of Work - to take the lesson from Balogh's books and be who I am, network, and not hide behind an idea of strategic enclosure that really only serves to run from conflict and a change in social dynamics.
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but part of your reply @iamthatis to the above quote said: "Better to be a naked fool than the shadow of a man who wears a deceptive cloak."
Personally, I find your quote insulting and humiliating, because you are inferring I'm a shadow of a man, as well as deceptive, because I don't openly read romance novels in a public venue that I visit on a routine basis. I don't know what your motive is for doing this is, but I think I deserve better than this. I have my own reasons for this, but I think my activity on this forum speaks for itself, and it is not one of deception.
I thought iamthatis was referring to himself, his mask, his false personality, and his decision to tell people about the romance books when he wrote, "Better to be a naked Fool than the shadow of a man who wears a deceptive cloak."

I thought iamthatis was referring to himself, his mask, his false personality, and his decision to tell people about the romance books when he wrote, "Better to be a naked Fool than the shadow of a man who wears a deceptive cloak."
Maybe I'm wrong, but he quoted me in his reply, so it certainly appeared as if he was referring to me as well.

Maybe I'm wrong, but he quoted me in his reply, so it certainly appeared as if he was referring to me as well.

At the time, I also briefly thought he might have had me in mind as well because I said "I've told no one!" which is true but also tongue in cheek. The thought has crossed my mind to tell someone here or there but when I thought about how I would try and explain it and for what purpose, or to put another way, what benefit I might hope to accomplish, it just wasn't clear to me so I moved on to other thoughts.

Does that make me a shadow of a man who wears a cloak? Whether is does or not, should I live by the judgments of others? First off, I doubt very much it even was a personal judgement of me or you but rather a statement of principle for the one who quoted it and even if it was, I have a pretty good sense of who I am at this stage in my life. Someone's opinion based on so little doesn't provoke a great deal of concern.

And as I was typing he confirms what I will highlight.

Back
Top Bottom