New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Great show, very smart guest.

FWIW, I reviewed recently an old good book "The People of the Lie" by Scott Peck, first published in 1982. Some of my highlights seem to fit in the context of the show:

For Josh:

To come to terms with evil in one’s parentage is perhaps the most difficult and painful psychological task a human being can be called on to face. ...
For to ‘come to terms’ means to ‘arrive at the name’.

Stress is the test for goodness. The truly good are they who in time of stress do not desert their integrity, their maturity, their sensitivity.

Nobility might be defined as the capacity not to regress in response to degradation, not to become blunted in the face of pain, to tolerate the agonizing and remain intact.

Evil:

Evil is in opposition to life. It is that which opposes the life force.

The evil always hide their motives with lies.

The feeling that a healthy person often experiences in a relationship with an evil one is revulsion.

Evil is revolting because it is dangerous. It will contaminate or otherwise destroy a person who remains too long in its presence.

There is another reaction that the evil frequently engender in us: confusion.

It was ‘as if I’d suddenly lost my ability to think.’

Lies confuse. The evil are ‘the people of the lie,’ deceiving others as they also build layer upon layer of self-deception.

The essential component of evil is not the absence of a sense of sin or imperfection but the unwillingness to tolerate that sense.

Eric Fromm [...] demonstrated a ‘necrophilic character type’, whose aim it is to avoid the inconvenience of life by transforming others into obedient automatons, robbing them of their humanity.

Ideologies, feminism, SJW etc.

The evil in this world is committed by the spiritual fat cats, by the Pharisees of our own day, the self-righteous who think they are without sin because they are unwilling to suffer the discomfort of significant self-examination.

Strangely enough, evil people are often destructive because they are attempting to destroy evil. The problem is that they misplace the locus of the evil.

A predominant characteristic, however, of the behaviour of those I call evil is scapegoating. Because in their hearts they consider themselves above reproach, they must lash out at anyone who does reproach them. They sacrifice others to preserve their self-image of perfection.

They project their own evil onto the world. They never think of themselves as evil; on the other hand, they consequently see much evil in others.

Those who crusade not for God in themselves, but against the devil in others, never succeed in making the world better, but leave it either as it was, or sometimes even perceptibly worse than it was, before the crusade began.

Mental health/ disease

Mental health is an ongoing process of dedication to reality at all costs.

The best definition I have for Satan is that it is a real spirit of unreality.

Dealing with evil:

Although evil is antilife, it is itself a form of life. If we kill those who are evil, we will become evil ourselves; we will be killers. If we attempt to deal with evil by destroying it, we will also end up destroying ourselves, spiritually if not physically.

Know your enemy. We must not only recognize but study these poor, dull, terrified people. And attempt to do what we can to either heal or contain them.

It is in the struggle between good and evil that life has its meaning—and in the hope that goodness can succeed.

The lack of dedication to, or a respect for, reality is what I think is the core problem transgender people have. They come to think they were born in a wrong body and instead of questioning their thinking they try to force the reality to adjust to it. Instead of accepting their life lessons and make the best of what was given to them, they prefer to avoid the lessons. The rest is just consequences of their choice - they need to force the world to conform and keep assuring them they are okay and perfect now and it was all reality's fault.

I'm aware that I am generalizing and oversimplifying here, but that's the best generalization I've managed to come to.

We had an opportunity to chat with a very interesting guest for the latest show - and though the length of it (almost 2hrs) is probably one of our longest - it really felt, to me, like we spent only half that amount of time talking to him; it was that good. Think something like Brandon Straka meets James Lindsay and you get Joshua...

MindMatters: Joshua Slocum: We're Living in a Cluster B World

Thanks for this show, I really enjoyed it and am listening to his other podcasts.

Those who crusade not for God in themselves, but against the devil in others, never succeed in making the world better, but leave it either as it was, or sometimes even perceptibly worse than it was, before the crusade began.

That is brilliant. Did you come up with that or was that Peck? We covered 'People of the Lie' at ISGN about six months ago followed by 'Political Ponerology.'

Did you come up with that or was that Peck?

It's Peck quoting from Huxley's The Devils of Loudon:

The effects which follow too constant and intense a concentration upon evil are always disastrous. Those who crusade not for God in themselves, but against the devil in others, never succeed in making the world better, but leave it either as it was, or sometimes even perceptibly worse than it was, before the crusade began. By thinking primarily of evil we tend, however excellent our intentions, to create occasions for evil to manifest itself. (p. 192)

No man can concentrate his attention upon evil, or even upon the idea of evil, and remain unaffected. To be more against the devil than for God is exceedingly dangerous. Every crusader is apt to go mad. He is haunted by the wickedness which he attributes to his enemies; it becomes in some sort of a part of him. (p. 260)

This is an outstanding show! I think that everyone should listen to this show to understand what is going on in the world today. Sure, most of us here on the forum are aware of what is going on, but this show really gives experiences of Joshua to explain things in a way that makes it really easy to understand.

We had an opportunity to chat with a very interesting guest for the latest show - and though the length of it (almost 2hrs) is probably one of our longest - it really felt, to me, like we spent only half that amount of time talking to him; it was that good. Think something like Brandon Straka meets James Lindsay and you get Joshua...

MindMatters: Joshua Slocum: We're Living in a Cluster B World

Thank you for this amazing interview ! Hearing Joshua speak with such passion, clarity and knowledge about his "origin story" and cluster B types really impacted me. I know someone who's family has been destroyed by a woman similar to Joshua's mother and the behaviors/events are very similar indeed.

I believe Joshua mentions this fact during the interview, people belonging to cluster B don't have really an identity, meaning something that distinguishes themselves from other people having the same pathologies. It was striking for me to see a carbon copy of these kind of behaviors in both my friend's ex-wife and Joshua's mother. Sadly, it is always tragic to hear the stories of those who lived through such things. Not everybody manage to escape unscathed...

Even though Joshua doesn't think of himself as an "intellectual", he managed to overcome the destructive influence of his mother and shed light on this ugly phenomenon both regarding his mother's actions and himself's. It is, IMO, a great display of courage, integrity and wisdom which trumps any IQ test or academic career. An inspiration for all really. I'll follow his podcast closely from now on !

Holy smokes! What a great show! I have to admit I don't watch every show. Maybe I should, but I'm doing a lot of different things all the time. However, I'm so glad things synched in such a way that I was able to watch this whole nearly two hour episode. Anything that has the effect of clarifying reality is invaluable so I can't recommend this enough. It's well worth the time. Great job!
Ditto that! Really enjoyed the show.
Was an interesting change of pace/type of guest.

I've been following multiple other podcasters reporting on how woke culture is invading different cultural areas.
With the above episode in mind, here's a few that may make good guests?

Keri Smith is co-host on the Unsafe Space podcast. She grew up in woke ideology, and worked in TV/film producing shows with a woke slant. She moved out of the woke cult when she discovered (among other things) videos of Trump supporters being badly beaten.
She seems to have a very good grasp of things, and is currently exploring the pathology (although she hasn't named it as such yet) of the woke movement. She'll be talking too Joshua soon.

One of the ideas forming in a lot of these communities is that of needing to reclaim culture and stories.
Here's a short clip from a podcast where she discusses the idea of needing to talk to peoples emotions first (the elephant, not the rider) if we are to get through to more people.
She's being interviewed by the psychologist Karlyn Borysenko who seems to also not fully grasp pathology as far as I can tell:

Slightly lighter guests could include Maria Tusken, who just wanted to knit - unfortunately the woke cult invaded knitting (and quite badly).

Another possibility is Gary Buechler from Nerdrotic, who (among many others) is covering the destruction of nerd culture (TV/film) by the woke ideology. I'd pick him above the others as he's the most articulate and seems to have the greatest depth. He also sometimes hosts a podcast on UFO's too (he's missing out on most of the information we have here).

Thank you for this amazing interview ! Hearing Joshua speak with such passion, clarity and knowledge about his "origin story" and cluster B types really impacted me. I know someone who's family has been destroyed by a woman similar to Joshua's mother and the behaviors/events are very similar indeed.
I agree, I just finished listening to the interview and I also noticed his passion when speaking, it was very emotional for him one could tell and I think that it was positive. I am not sure if anyone else got this impression but during a few points in the conversation I was sure he was about to break down and cry, this sort of added emotion to his words and not only intellectual depth.

It was memorable and I am glad you guys brought him on :)

The conversation about language and how crucial and important it is to convince someone to agree with a lie was on point.

This is an outstanding show! I think that everyone should listen to this show to understand what is going on in the world today. Sure, most of us here on the forum are aware of what is going on, but this show really gives experiences of Joshua to explain things in a way that makes it really easy to understand.

Nice job, MindMatters folk, that was one heck of an interview with Joshua.

I'm trying to think back on various shows (and they are all good), yet this one introduced the rawness of direct experience and suffering by a man who has struggled to readjust his personal and societal lens.
Dealing with evil:

Although evil is antilife, it is itself a form of life. If we kill those who are evil, we will become evil ourselves; we will be killers. If we attempt to deal with evil by destroying it, we will also end up destroying ourselves, spiritually if not physically.

Know your enemy. We must not only recognize but study these poor, dull, terrified people. And attempt to do what we can to either heal or contain them.

It is in the struggle between good and evil that life has its meaning—and in the hope that goodness can succeed.

Well put.

Started checking out Joshua's channel - there is much courage there.

Revisiting the subject of serial killers and psychopaths we discussed the horrific case of Richard Ramirez on the most recent show:

MindMatters: Stalking the Night Stalker: Richard Ramirez, Intraspecies Predator

In 1985, greater Los Angeles and San Francisco were struck with an ever-growing list of brutal murders, rapes and robberies of dozens of individuals, including children. The crimes shocked and terrified not only the families of the victims and the communities where the crimes took place - but also captured national attention - as the viciousness and malevolence involved in these acts were made public. The range of victims, and multiple MOs, stumped investigators and suggested that the serial killer involved was capable of almost anything.

This week on MindMatters we discuss the chilling story of Richard Ramirez AKA 'The Night Stalker,' as told in a new documentary on Netflix titled Night Stalker: The Hunt For a Serial Killer. Was Ramirez 'born' or 'made' into the the monster he became, what influenced him psychologically, and what about his very biology may have helped shape him into the serial killer he became? We also look at the effects Ramirez's acts had on the families of the victims, the investigators involved in tracking him down, and the 'larger than life' strangeness that permeates the entire story. Though stories like the Ramirez's are rare, this tale is an awful reminder that individuals like him do exist, and we'd do well to remember that many of them, unlike Ramirez, appear to be quite normal on the surface. (Also discussed: What The Night Stalker Documentary Leaves Out About Richard Ramirez)

Revisiting the subject of serial killers and psychopaths we discussed the horrific case of Richard Ramirez on the most recent show:

I've watched the first episode of the Netflix series "Night Stalker" and it's quite engrossing (although I don't recommend watching this at night before going to bed. You may have trouble getting to sleep). This also reminds me of the show on Israel Keyes and the book "American Predator".

It was a very interesting show and discussion, thanks a lot. I decided to watch 'Night Stalker' before listening to the discussion on MindMatters just to get some understanding of the facts related to the case but also from what perspectives they were presented. At 4 episodes it wasn't too long.
While watching it I also felt intrigued as to why Ramirez did what he did. But on that score the Netflix didn't really provide much to go on. So the discussion on Ramirez' background, his disturbed childhood, the negative biological inputs like substance abuse, particularly LSD, but also, as pointed out in the discussion, he was a sugar addict, as well as his Satanic interest, was very welcome.
My thinking for a while was that, as he was a serial killer, he had zero empathy for his victims, zero remorse for his heinous crimes, he enjoyed and got his dopamine fix from watching the fear of his victims, and he would casually eat and drink food from the victims' fridges after cold-bloodedly murdering and raping them, he therefore was a psychopath. Maybe he was but I was also wondering about what the combination of psychological and physical abuse from others plus his own self inflicted abuse had on the healthy functioning of his brain.
There was also something else about Ramirez. From what I've read about psychopaths they often try to gain the trust of their victims by using charm or pity pleas. Ramirez didn't try to gain anybody's trust, he was all about instilling fear. I think he loved how much fear his actions caused in the wider community. And his interest in Satanism and drawing pentagrams at the scene of his crimes was, it seems to me, just another tool to create and perpetuate the fear and anxiety in the wider community. He never tried to hide the fact that he was a particularly obnoxious type, he even smelled repulsive.
I wonder if demonic possession had a role to play in Ramirez' murder, rape and child molestation frenzy? Like the type Laura encountered during her worst exorcisms. Is this what the panel were alluding to when you were recalling the L.A. Detective's interview with Ramirez and he felt the guy was acting very strangely and thought he was about to levitate? You said, "Maybe there was something else". Certainly Ramirez' use of LSD could well have invited that kind of attachment.
Whatever the cause of Ramirez' heinous actions he sure was one of the most evil humans ever.

Back
Top Bottom