Session 13 March 2021

Thank you for the new session. Informative as always. I've struggled with the thought of reading romantic fiction but I guess it is time to get over that. I've just recently starting applying myself to reading the Gurdjieff material and watching the mind matters videos, but if the romantic fiction works even better then I'll try that also. Maybe you could get one of the romantic fiction writers on the Mind Matters show. That would be fun I think.

Again, thank you for all you do! All of you.

In today's paper:

Moderately Confused Comic Strip for March 19, 2021

Mass consciousness or the Cs being facetious? :halo:

A big thank you for this session full of HUMOUR and LOVE. It's nice to know that men appreciate this kind of novel Laura recommends. The C's insist on "the field" and this is for me one of the greatest mystical-scientific revelations for our little consciousness, it has turned my conception of life upside down.😍

Have you even made a serious effort to read the thread, irjo, have you read our posts with an open mind and noticed how beneficial these romance novels are for a lot of people in these difficult times? Can you also see that YOU could benefit in ways you cannot now imagine? Do you understand the purpose of the reading project at all? Surely, you must know that there's no free lunch!

No, I haven’t made a serious effort reading that thread but what I have read like I mentioned in the previous post is very interesting, making me to have a more open mind on this, which I didn’t have when thread started. I didn’t say however that I was not going to do it. I’ll start with the recommended book.

In that case, they'll be a good choice to read in bed before sleep!

Actually It’s not a bad idea. It may take a little longer for me to complete it that way but jokes aside I’ll do it.

Columbus has a science museum, COSI, that had an exhibit of a Giant family - man, wife, child - in its original location. Don't believe the new one has it. I've tried to search info on this exhibit, but no luck. Search words for giant family does not bring what was intended! Unlike Wadlow, I believe that family were true giants and not just a pituitary gland abnormality.
In giving this more thought, I believe the family had gigantism and so same as Robert Wadlow - wiki:
Gigantism is described as accelerated growth during childhood from the production of excess growth hormone. By definition, gigantism must occur during childhood before the growth plates in the long bones of the body (for example, the femur or humerus) have closed. In adults, the condition is called acromegaly.

170px-Andr%C3%A9_the_Giant_in_the_late_%2780s.jpg

André the Giant, a wrestler and actor in The Princess Bride. He was affected by Acromegaly though, not Gigantism.
I'm going to ask my hairdresser (who's a native of the Columbus area) at my next appointment Tuesday, if she remembers this exhibit and the details. I found videos and pictures of the old COSI which detailed a great deal of what everyone enjoyed there, but the giant family exhibit was too insignificant to garner a mention. It was a fun trip down memory lane though.

(L) Well... It's a crazy way to do it, but dammit it seems to work! I mean, reading through that thread, people were having insights all over the place. Many are really seeing themselves for the first time. We've tried every other method... And NOW, people are actually having insights into their own thinking, their own behavior, seeing themselves as others see them. It's QUITE remarkable.

I always loved good romance in media (movies, series, books, etc), but was very frustrated because most of them were of poor quality. I thought this was because I was a hopeless romantic, but I may have subconsciously craved something more important all along. Honestly reading 100ish well crafted romance novels would be heaven-like to me, however I have to go through first the 100ish books of the recommended books list I have yet to read... Definitely no time to waste then :lol:

One study came out a month ago where scientists showed how fiction affects the human brain. After reading this news, I immediately remembered the importance of reading romantic books.

The results of a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience showed that people who associate themselves with fictional characters activate a part of the brain called the ventral medial prefrontal cortex (vMPFC), which usually becomes most active when a person thinks about himself. This means that people who are keen on the heroes of the book evaluate and perceive them the same way as themselves.

If identifying with fictional characters impacts us so much, one can only wonder what's the impact of modern art productions. More and more we see pathologized/dysfunctional characters, relationships, world as acceptable (equivalent to the reality we live in) or even glorified. How many stories now has a lead character with an ambiguous morality having to make hard materialistic/utilitarian choices when facing a dystopian nightmare (and thus be a hero) ? This can only promote the adaptation of many to our ponerized societies. Which is why we should be careful about the stories we escape into, it can be a double-edged sword. Thanks @Korzik18 for bringing it up !

A: Yes, you have a period of time in which to work while the reality is disintegrating around you, do not waste it!!! Goodbye.

Do someone knows how to add hours to a day ? Because I'd really need it right now :lol: I'll do my best to die without regrets, after all these are unique times we came to witness/live in. It feels like accelerated learning... or cramming the day before an important exam :lkj:

To be honest I’m not excited to read any of those novels, just thinking about it makes me sleepy. I have watch romance/drama series from different countries and all that, and many of them very conservative yet emotional. I would imagine is not the same as the romance presented in those books. But for me it’s easier to watch stuff than read when it comes to these subjects. I suppose can make an effort on that regard and read one of the recommended books. Also responses on the thread makes things interesting but still... lol

Many of them are in Spanish too. Up to you. One of them may not get you very far in the exercise, but okay.

Just wondering if Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë would not qualify for appropriate reading?

There are many good books, but these were selected with a specific purpose in mind. I suggest you read the thread, and you'll see. :-)

The discussion about suffering, balance and the General Law reminded me of another session that, whilst it may not be directly related, because it's likely that it will be different for different people, it does seem to give us more of an idea of how creativity and balance may work on our planet at the moment. Either way, it seems like it's a good thing to bear in mind.

From the recent session:

(Joe) So, when you asked in a previous session about your suffering...

(L) What suffering?

(Joe) In general at different times when you were suffering from different ailments or things... The response was that suffering was necessary to balance the knowledge that was given to the world, or words to that effect. The suffering was necessary as a result of spreading knowledge. I was wondering why that's necessary?

A: Balance.

Q: (Joe) Yeah, right. That's what they said last time. But... When someone works a lot to discover information and share it with the world, they've already suffered to acquire that knowledge. When they spread it, then they're in for another dose it seems.

(L) Is it the spreading that brings the additional suffering?

A: Yes. Think of something like Mouravieff's "General Law".

Q: (L) So in other words, if I just kept it to myself and I didn't create a stir, inciting others to struggle against the General Law, I wouldn't suffer so much?

A: Yes

Q: (Artemis) If you think about it, knowledge and information is like light and truth. Darkness hates light and truth...

(L) Well, my sorrow for the lack of knowledge that others labor under exceeds my concern for my suffering, I think. I would rather do the suffering than to have others suffer. Perhaps I bite off more than I can chew, but so far, I have always thought it was worth it. Okay, anything else?

The quote that came to mind, from 10th December 2016:

Q: (L) And we can refer back to previous discussions on meditation which include seeded meditation. Alright, this is an interesting question: How come people experience short spurts of inspiration and then depression and hopelessness return?

A: It's all about balance. The measure of creativity can be approximated by the depth and duration of the plunge. Note however, the effort required to pull in inspiration is high at present due to massing of negative energies around your planet.

Q: (L) So it takes more of whatever it is to get it, and then you not only have your balancing plunge, but you have the piling on of the negative energies of the planet on top of it. Is that sort of what we're saying here?

A: Close

Q: (L) Alright then. Next: How do we maintain that energetic vibration for longer periods?

A: Networking works wonders.

Q: (L) In other words, having a network and being able to talk about it or to express it or to exchange or share or get support when you're down... Is that it?

Whilst looking i came across this session which i think is also relevant; from 25th March 2017:

(L) Okay, I'll add it. I will include the information in the transcript so that people will know what is being talked about. Okay, I guess we can just move right along then to the next question! [laughter] Why have I been suffering so much? Have we asked this question before?

(Galatea) Probably. In many ways.

(L) Because it's like we pointed out talking about it yesterday or today or whenever it was... It's like since we started this crystal project, that's when I started going really, really downhill. I mean, I have suffered pain and miseries and infections and all kinds of dreadful things. It has basically just taken the stuffing out of me. So, I would like to know why?

A: We have mentioned often enough the last option you discussed: attack. But also there is the element of balance: In order to bring in great positive energies there must be corresponding suffering to act as inductor.

Q: (Pierre) That's what you said during the discussion, that maybe that's the price to pay.

(Joe) Why does suffering act as an inductor?

(Galatea) Well, for the balance because it needs the suffering to create the balance.

(Pierre) Laura was saying that you have a lot of people who talk about the benefits of the crystals, so they have less suffering. Seemingly, for balance to be restored, one is suffering (in this case Laura) in order for members to suffer less through the crystal network.

(L) Well, there's also another thing I remember. There's something from Mouravieff about negative emotions. If you can master negative emotions, then it inducts - he used the word "inducts" - it inducts positive energy from the higher centers.
I'm not sure if I'm really correct on that. Pull up your copy at some point and find the quote. It would be interesting to see what he said. The word "inductor" is what catches my ear. Anyway... Well, they once said, "From the fire comes light", right? {Also, there is the element of “contact potential difference”}

(Galatea) Does that also explain why Andromeda 's so tired sometimes and why I'm so achy as well?

A: Yes but to a lesser degree.

Q: (L) That's because they're younger and not so fragile.

(Galatea) Is that the reason? I don't think so.

A: Close

Q: (L) But not exactly.

(Galatea) Is it because Laura on some level is choosing to receive most of it?

Q: (Galatea) You're protecting us. Thank you!

(L) Ah, wonderful.

(Galatea) "Ah, wonderful! I had you kids so I could suffer for the rest of my life!" Kissy kissy kissy!!

Q: (L) Some of the people in the project thought that they could read 2 or 3 books and that'd do the job. My view of it is that it could take 100 books.

I had successfully made a cereal bowl on a potters wheel in the first pottery class and I felt like it was easy. The teacher toke a look at it and said that it was good but that I will not know how to make better bowls until I have made at least 100. He said I should spend several weeks just making bowls in order to do better. After a week of persistent failures I realized just how difficult it was to control all of the variables.

I suspect that it is going to take more than 100 books to fully understand the complexity of my unseen self, the many masks and buffers that keep me chained to ignorance, stupidity and chaos. I am glad that the books do help with this task since it cheaper and more interesting than seeing a therapist. :-D

Back
Top Bottom