Keto recipes

Laura said:
whitecoast said:
Laura said:
I gotta tell ya, the Fat Bomb is THE BOMB! It needs to be handled with care; eaten in small portions, and never late in the day. Even I've been having to take extra Betaine Hcl with it! But, for those of us who have been really not able to get the required fat in a day, it's a blessing. In one dish, I can get it all and the only other things I eat in the day are my small portion of protein and maybe a bit of veggie. Best part is, I'm not hungry - ever.

I've been having these fat bombs for about a week now, one per day, and I very much agree with the above. If there was a way to work protein and maybe some phytonutrients into it, it could almost be a recipe for paleo/keto soylent. :lol:

Yeah! But I just have my meaty breakfast and a piece of meat and a little veggie later in the day and that's it. Really saves money on food!

Ok...the Fat Bomb is amazing. I made a batch last night using vanilla, cinnamon, and some almond extract. The kitchen smelled like a CINNABON! How's that for nostalgia :P.

Anyways, I can attest to it making your fat intake very palatable as well as filling. And after reflecting on the cost of food prices along with how cheap the ingredients were relative to...well almost anything else I've bought this is a God...CosmicMindSend!

Thank you Darek and all who contributed to this! I will say though It always makes me incredibly relaxed after drinking it. Not similar to the dreaded carb coma where you're tired or sleepy but relaxed and loose. Hmm.

Another good one is pig's head terrine ...

Slow cook the whole head in a broth (with vinegar and spices) for 12 hours, take the head out and the meat should just fall off the bone. Cut the meat into smaller chunks and lay it into a dish. Then reduce the broth you cooked the head in by about 2/3 and pour it over the meat and refrigerate. The reduced broth will turn into jelly.

Cheap - and delicious! And lots of fat!

nicklebleu said:

Slow cook the whole head in a broth (with vinegar and spices) for 12 hours, take the head out and the meat should just fall off the bone. Cut the meat into smaller chunks and lay it into a dish. Then reduce the broth you cooked the head in by about 2/3 and pour it over the meat and refrigerate. The reduced broth will turn into jelly.

Hope everybody will be taking pictures of their final products. :)

Gaby said:
nicklebleu said:

Hope everybody will be taking pictures of their final products. :)

Sorry ... it's already in the freezer!
But will try to remember next time ...

Made the Coconut Cream Custard, & had a little bit throughout the evening, oh my, it's certainly heavenly (& I was able to digest it well to boot)! I will take photos of my recipes next time :)

Don't know why anybody wants to keep drinking the fat bombs when the custard version is so much better. Here is the refined and perfected recipe:

Anyway, here goes:

1 liter or 1 Quart of coconut milk (canned is fine)
500 grams or 1 pound sweet butter or ghee
1 cup coconut oil or lard if preferred
3 soup/tablespoons of plain (knox or other) gelatin
11 tsps xylitol or 14 tsps erythritol
24 egg yolks
vanilla
grated, unsweetened coconut if desired - 1 cup

Put the coconut milk, butter, coconut oil, gelatin, xylitol in the pot. Mix around to start the gelatin dissolving. Put pot on a heat diffuser on the stove, low medium heat. Stir it occasionally as it warms up. Meanwhile, separate the eggs. Freeze or toss out the whites.

Make sure the eggs are beaten up, none of the yolks whole.

When the mixture in the pot starts getting hot and steaming, you want to get ready to put the egg yolks in very carefully. This is crucial. I use a meat thermometer and when it says that the temp is 70 C - 158 F - it's time.

Take the pot off the stove.

Start drizzling the egg yolks into the pot while whisking thoroughly between each addition. I usually add a bit, make sure it is mixed well, add a bit more, mix well, and so on. Have a scraper handy to scrape out the bowl into the pot.

Put pot BACK on the heat. At this point, you want to stir constantly until the mixture starts to thicken. That will happen when you come back to your temperature 70 C - 158 F. You can feel it. Once you feel a definite thickening, about one more minute of stirring. At this point, take the pot off and set it into cold water in the sink and keep stirring until the water in the sink gets a bit warm. While doing this, add the vanilla. A good bit if you like. I put in 3 or 4 tablespoons, more or less.

Next, put the pot on the counter. At this point, you can make different flavors.

For coconut: Get 1/2 cup/4 ozs/100 ml of water ready and your immersion blender. Add in your cup of grated, unsweetened coconut. Mix. Then, start blending the custard and add the cold water. Blend all around in the pot until the water and plenty of air is fully integrated. This step gives the custard a super light, silky texture. Also, if you let your custard get too hot and it curdles, doing this will restore creaminess.

For chocolate: Stir in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of plain cocoa instead of coconut. Follow directions above.

For coffee: Instead of adding cold water, just add an equivalent amount of cold, strong, coffee. Blend thoroughly.

For lemon: Instead of adding cold water, add 4 ounces of lemon juice and a dash of lemon extract. Blend thoroughly.

For strawberry: Instead of adding cold water, add half a cup of mashed strawberries and a tsp of strawberry extract.

Finally, ladle into dessert dishes or little jelly glasses or yogurt glasses and refrigerate for an hour or so.

You can also increase the gelatin to 4 tablespoons to make the custard very "sturdy" for pouring into molds. We made a triple batch the other day for a birthday, and made three flavors, and layered them in a ring mold. They set up beautifully and sliced just like a cake. It was really like an ice-cream cake more than anything else!

Just a question- is it OK to freeze the extra custard? I made a batch on Sunday (the first tentative recipe that Laura posted initially that makes 2-3 serves) & poured the custard into 6 pinch bowls. I allowed myself one per evening (it is truly filling) & put the other 3 in the freezer. I dunno what it'll be like on defrosting. :huh:

Any thoughts?

Arwenn said:
Just a question- is it OK to freeze the extra custard? I made a batch on Sunday (the first tentative recipe that Laura posted initially that makes 2-3 serves) & poured the custard into 6 pinch bowls. I allowed myself one per evening (it is truly filling) & put the other 3 in the freezer. I dunno what it'll be like on defrosting. :huh:

Any thoughts?

I don't see any reason not to freeze it. You might want to let it defrost a bit before eating, though.

You should probably measure out your portions fairly accurately and stick to that amount each day. Don't let the goodness make you greedy or you'll have digestive problems. If you need some Betaine HCl at the beginning, that's okay. Don't eat it late in the day, either unless just a small amount.

The custard version is VERY taste and texture appealing and travels well for lunches and trips, etc.

I don't see any reason why the fat bomb can't be made with any other combination of fats you want such as ghee, coconut oil, tallow/beef fat, lard. We made a batch with lard and without coconut oil and it was delicious. The thing that holds the mixture together and gives it the anti-fatty texture is the large quantity of egg yolks. The gelatin gives it more body.

Theoretically, with the egg yolks and gelatin, you could create any number of other mixtures that you want to set up and be edible this way including salmon mousse, or a pate mixture, or an aspic with bits of meat and olives in it. It doesn't have to be sweet, it can be savory. So, in this way, you can get plenty of fat into the diet under your "conditioned anti-fat attitude radar".

Laura said:
You can also increase the gelatin to 4 tablespoons to make the custard very "sturdy" for pouring into molds. We made a triple batch the other day for a birthday, and made three flavors, and layered them in a ring mold. They set up beautifully and sliced just like a cake. It was really like an ice-cream cake more than anything else!

Here are 2 pictures.

The only trick to make it layered once you have made your three different fat bomb flavors is to pour the first layer in the cake mold and freeze it for about 20 mins till it's solidified, then pour the second one (with strawberries and coconut if you want), 20 minutes in the freezer, and then the third one. Done! While the other batches are waiting, leave them on the counter (not in the fridge), so that they stay liquid and at room temperature. That way, you end up with smooth layers. It was a BOMB!

You can also add an extra teaspoon of gelatin to the fat bomb mix for it to hold together better, but it's not absolutely essential if you cool the cake enough in the freezer, and take it out of the mold just a few minutes before eating.

You can have all the layers and flavors you want! This one was chocolate, strawberry and coffee.

The pink sauce you see on top is just 2 cups of fresh strawberries that we put in the blender, no sugar added, and sprinkled shredded coconut for decoration.

The carb/fat/protein ratio ends up being practically the same as the fat bombs. Is that a real Keto cake or what?

Attachments

• bombcake.jpg
    bombcake.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 450
  • bombcake2.jpg
    bombcake2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 429
Laura said:
The girls just made another winner. Rather plain meatballs, cooked in deep fat, then put into a big wok type pan and coconut milk with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper poured over and simmered for a bit. Just wonderful!

Sorry, we didn't take a picture of that one! Another ingredient was bone broth and butter. That and the spices ended up actually masking the coconut taste completely, so it tasted like a sauce made with real cream. Ideal for any kind of meat! You could make a pepper, garlic, lemon, onion sauce, etc. depending on which spices you can tolerate better.

Proportions for 4-6 servings:

1 1/2 cup coconut cream
2 cups of bone broth
1 cup butter (or lard)
(the spices or flavoring of your choice, until it tastes alright for you)

Let it simmer so that it thickens a bit. Done!

Chu said:
Here are 2 pictures.
<snip>
The carb/fat/protein ratio ends up being practically the same as the fat bombs. Is that a real Keto cake or what?

Wow guys that looks awesome! This is so inspiring! It'll be good to experiment with the pudding/custard as a method of delivery of a variety of fats.

Just another question- are you guys (Château Crew) OK with using coffee (& if so, what type of bean/blend of coffee do y'all use)?

since I can't take butter, I was using Ghee and didn't feel better with prescribed amount of coconut cream, I replaced it with more egg yoks. 1 cup ghee, 2.5 tsp xylitol, 12 egg yoks, some vanilla and lemon extract. While mixing, it didn't mix well and it wasn't smooth as custard, but it is more like solid cake with little granularity. But after freezing and melting in hot water and re mixing it, granularity disappears in refrigerator.

Another variation I tried is coconut oil and Ghee - 1/3 cup coconut oil, 2/3 Ghee , 2.5 tsp xylitol, 12 egg yoks, some vanilla and lemon extract - same procedure and same result. Any way I am not particular about the texture.

Before fat bomb, I was craving little sugar, occasionally eating chocolate with less than 5/10 grams. This fat custard made it very satisfying and I put up 4 or 5 pounds after long time too. :)

Laura said:
Don't know why anybody wants to keep drinking the fat bombs when the custard version is so much better. Here is the refined and perfected recipe:

I don't know either. :huh:

The custard version is just a blessing and it is so easy to increase our fat ratio.

Thanks you so much for sharing that "Divine" recipe. :halo:

Chu said:
Laura said:
The girls just made another winner. Rather plain meatballs, cooked in deep fat, then put into a big wok type pan and coconut milk with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper poured over and simmered for a bit. Just wonderful!

Sorry, we didn't take a picture of that one! Another ingredient was bone broth and butter. That and the spices ended up actually masking the coconut taste completely, so it tasted like a sauce made with real cream. Ideal for any kind of meat! You could make a pepper, garlic, lemon, onion sauce, etc. depending on which spices you can tolerate better.

Proportions for 4-6 servings:

1 1/2 cup coconut cream
2 cups of bone broth
1 cup butter (or lard)
(the spices or flavoring of your choice, until it tastes alright for you)

Let it simmer so that it thickens a bit. Done!

I made this dish last night with baked meatballs and no broth. It was delish. The sauce had a stroganoff taste to it.

Back
Top Bottom