The infrabed

Thinking of grabbing this one. With the dimensions around 7" X 5" X 5" deep and about 2 lbs, it seems like something you could hold in your hand. I suppose you could mount it to something as well.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fuloon-Infrared-illuminator-adapter-E8100-30/dp/B01M4OGF39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502389038&sr=8-2&keywords=infra-red%2Bfloodlight&th=1

But there are two options, described as:

Model selection:(E8100-30-A-IR/E8100-60-A-IR)
E8100-30-A-IR: Standard 30° level angle visual range, Visual distance:60m(236") - $72.98
E8100-60-A-IR: Standard 60° level angle visual range, Visual distance:40m(157") - $57.99

Any thoughts on which one would be better? I am guessing the 30 degree level angle as it would seem it would be more focused compared to the 60 degree angle option. But since it would be used close up, not sure that would make much difference. Not sure whether it is worth it to spend the extra $15.00 to get the 30 degree model.

Hello H2O said:
Any thoughts on which one would be better? I am guessing the 30 degree level angle as it would seem it would be more focused compared to the 60 degree angle option. But since it would be used close up, not sure that would make much difference. Not sure whether it is worth it to spend the extra $15.00 to get the 30 degree model.

I don't think it would make a difference since you're gonna be putting right next to the part of the body you want to treat. I think that angles would only matter for illuminating a camera.

Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

I don't think it would make a difference since you're gonna be putting right next to the part of the body you want to treat. I think that angles would only matter for illuminating a camera.

Thanks, those are my thoughts too.

But another wrinkle, as I was about to order, I noticed a 13.00 shipping charge one the cheaper model, and decided to check what the shipping was on the more expensive one, and that one has free shipping. So that makes them nearly the same price. So will probably get the more expensive one with the free shipping...

Hello H2O said:
Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

But another wrinkle, as I was about to order, I noticed a 13.00 shipping charge one the cheaper model, and decided to check what the shipping was on the more expensive one, and that one has free shipping. So that makes them nearly the same price. So will probably get the more expensive one with the free shipping...

Good plan. It's more powerful too!!!

Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

Ordered the 30 degree one for myself yesterday (figured the narrower beam would be better for getting the most power at close range).
It dawned on me today that as it's powered directly by mains electricity the LED's may have a 50hz-60hz flicker (it's a cheaper circuit to build for manufacturers and the LED's last longer).
I'll check it when it arrives.

Hopefully that won't be a problem though:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44298.msg719719.html#msg719719
JM: ...I would like you to comment now on the frequency because most of the devices
that we’re referencing are continuous. There’s no frequency. There’s just a steady stream of
photons coming out. You can modulate it with frequencies. It’s my understanding that the ideal’s
probably between 10 and 40 hertz. Anything over 100 hertz probably doesn’t have any biological
effect, or maybe a negative biological effect. I’m wondering if you can talk about how important
it would be for the frequencies, and maybe even optimizing that security light by making it pulse
at 10, 20 and 30 hertz.
MH: Yup. I think, by and large, I agree with you that if it turns out that pulsing is better than
continuous wave (CW), and there is quite a bit of evidence, it probably is better. Maybe not a
huge amount better, but definitely better. The optimum frequency is somewhere between 10, 20,
30 [and] 40 hertz. There was a study from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that got
a lot of publicity recently when they used 40-hertz light flashing into the eyes to treat
Alzheimer’s in mice. Everybody sort of read this on the internet. They said this 40 hertz was like
a magic frequency.
JM: That’s the gamma frequency in the brain, right?
MH: I believe so. Yeah. We did a study that found 10 hertz was better than CW and better than
100 hertz. If pulsing is better, it’s likely to be in that range and I completely agree that cells
cannot respond to kilohertz. It’s just way too fast for the cells to even take any light at all....

Laura said:
Hello H2O said:
Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

Good plan. It's more powerful too!!!

Thanks Laura. it's on the way... :thup:

RedFox said:
Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

Ordered the 30 degree one for myself yesterday (figured the narrower beam would be better for getting the most power at close range).
It dawned on me today that as it's powered directly by mains electricity the LED's may have a 50hz-60hz flicker (it's a cheaper circuit to build for manufacturers and the LED's last longer).

Hopefully that won't be a problem though:.
[/quote]

Hey RedFox, what do you think of this in the description? It seems that it has an internal battery, from their description anyway. So maybe it won't have the flicker. Either that or there is an error or typo in their description.

Product information
Style: E8100-30-A-IR
Technical Details
Part Number DL-IRSK02
Item Weight 1 Kg
Parcel Dimensions 21 x 19.2 x 14.6 cm
Manufacturer reference DL-IRSK02
Style E8100-30-A-IR
Power Source battery-powered
Item Package Quantity 1
Batteries Included? No
Batteries Required? No

Been reading this thread, and agree that the project(s) are very interesting and promising. Just wanted to mention another option of ready-made red and near infrared LED's is _redlightman.com. There are some good mini units for red, infrared, and red/infrared mini combos. Also, there are good blog posts and info on the site, including a complete guide on dosage with questions and answers in the comments, etc. FWIW.

Maybe we can use tanning beds acrylics for the project or maybe some second hand or even broken tanning beds and then they can be ripped to the shell and then we can install LED strips and have one nice looking and effective Near infrared Bed.

If it is not possible to find cheap broken tanning bed then it is possible to order curved tanning bed acrylics and build the rest of it from scratch materials

I found this company that produces curved acrylic sheets with custom dimensions.
_http://www.tanningbedacrylics.com/

Pierre, what thickness Perspex sheets did you use that is strong enough for one person to lie on, as it is only supported on the edges? I was thinking that 10mm should be thick enough ... if 600 x 900 mm panels are used?

Konstantin said:
Maybe we can use tanning beds acrylics for the project or maybe some second hand or even broken tanning beds and then they can be ripped to the shell and then we can install LED strips and have one nice looking and effective Near infrared Bed.

If it is not possible to find cheap broken tanning bed then it is possible to order curved tanning bed acrylics and build the rest of it from scratch materials

I found this company that produces curved acrylic sheets with custom dimensions.
_http://www.tanningbedacrylics.com/

We considered that option. The re-engineering and the fact you still have to do all the wiring and stuff makes it less attractive as an option. It's just cheaper and faster to use plywood.

nicklebleu said:
Pierre, what thickness Perspex sheets did you use that is strong enough for one person to lie on, as it is only supported on the edges? I was thinking that 10mm should be thick enough ... if 600 x 900 mm panels are used?

If you put your plastic sheets on the plywood, the plastics will only be compressed, so it's not structural. I used 4mm thick sheets because it was available. But you can use 3mm, 5mm, etc. I would not use less than 3mm thick material because thin sheets tend to chip when you cut/drill them.

Also I used 1m X 2m sheets that I recut to 73 X 192 cm. You can make your panel smaller than that but since we have wide and/or tall people here, we had to go for large panels.

SeekinTruth said:
Been reading this thread, and agree that the project(s) are very interesting and promising. Just wanted to mention another option of ready-made red and near infrared LED's is _redlightman.com. There are some good mini units for red, infrared, and red/infrared mini combos. Also, there are good blog posts and info on the site, including a complete guide on dosage with questions and answers in the comments, etc. FWIW.

Just note that redlightman: they sell "790nm near-infrared light all the way into the 880nm near-infrared, with the peak wavelength output firmly in the 830nm range." They emphasize 830nm. Different from the strictly 850nm leds what Laura is using, from what said she felt perky - unnoticeable energy increase. Unknown, what the measured full spectrum of Pierre's LEDs would be in the lab. Still, better safe than sorry. You would be complaining about missing effects from a different wavelength product.

Also we might wanna seriously consider the 48 neodymium N51 magnets, currently I could only find N52:

What does the N35, N40, N42, N45, N48, N50, N52 grade mean?
Neodymium magnets are graded by the maximum strength they can be magnetized to. The higher the number the stronger the magnet is, however the higher the number the more brittle the magnet becomes as well.
_https://www.amazingmagnets.com/faq.aspx#WHATDOESTHEN35,N40,N42,N45,N48,N50,N52GRADEMEAN?

Type "SMD3528-300-IR InfraRed 850nm", this is the correct LED that Pierre used, or a product that says 850nm and nothing else. The ones that Pierre linked are already sold out. :)
http://www.ledlightsworld.com/dc12v-smd3528300ir-infrared-850nm940nm-single-chip-flexible-led-strips-60leds-48w-per-meter-p-1000598.html

I plan to buy a floodlight, either this one that 'Hello H2O' mentioned or one from my country, but those have 70 ~ 50 leds only.. These are ALL Made In China products, so.. crappy construction, cheap elements, accidental toxic vapors release from the crappy circuit elements inside must be considered.

Or pay a professional electrician hobbyist to build it from quality components.

I'm considering buying this one from China/Ebay and found an electrician expert, who is willing to help make it into a tiny flashlight that Hollywood actors are seen holding in mouth, while they are breaking into a safe or hijacking an alarm.. Couple of leds in a short transparent silicon tube / any container, holding it in the mouth as a pen, but reversed, the light emitting side goes into the mouth healing the gums, stabilizing moving teeth, activating re-mineralizing bone tissue, disinfecting, etc.. Holding in mouth while working. It should effect a considerable swelling in inflamed teeth at first, then gradual easing toward recovery. I want to see, how much recovery is possible:

Teeth conditions that benefit

Studies show benefit to various oral issues, including but not limited to:

Sensitive teeth (dentin hypersensitivity)[8-12]

Tooth[1-7] & bone damage[18-24]

Bacteria counts (tooth decay causing bacteria)[13-17]

Oral thrush/candidiasis[14, 36, 42]

Orthodontic teeth movement[28-33]

Gum inflammation & oral wounds in soft tissue[25-27]

Recovery from surgery (gums and jaw bones)[19, 24, 25, 29]

Ulcers, cold sores, tonsillitis, other viral/bacterial infections[5, 14, 27, 36-38]

Janis Bell says:

I bought a red LED laser to use on my back molar after a dentist nicked the root cleaning out a cavity. The tooth was painful so I avoided chewing on that side. I stuck the pen-shaped laser in my mouth and put it on each side and top of the tooth. First time, I had a huge reaction with increased swelling, which told me the healing process was being stimulated. Next time, I did a little shorter exposure, and after that no reaction. It took about 8 months but I can now chew on that side without discomfort. Now I think I’ll try it on some tender areas of gum. Thanks for this blog.
April 15, 2016 at 19:55
_https://redlightman.com/blog/red-light-therapy-improves-all-oral-health/

RedFox said:
Odyssey said:
Hello H2O said:

Hopefully that won't be a problem though:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44298.msg719719.html#msg719719
JM: ...I would like you to comment now on the frequency because most of the devices
that we’re referencing are continuous. There’s no frequency. There’s just a steady stream of
photons coming out. You can modulate it with frequencies. It’s my understanding that the ideal’s
probably between 10 and 40 hertz. Anything over 100 hertz probably doesn’t have any biological
effect, or maybe a negative biological effect. I’m wondering if you can talk about how important
it would be for the frequencies, and maybe even optimizing that security light by making it pulse
at 10, 20 and 30 hertz.
MH: Yup. I think, by and large, I agree with you that if it turns out that pulsing is better than
continuous wave (CW), and there is quite a bit of evidence, it probably is better. Maybe not a
huge amount better, but definitely better. The optimum frequency is somewhere between 10, 20,
30 [and] 40 hertz. There was a study from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that got
a lot of publicity recently when they used 40-hertz light flashing into the eyes to treat
Alzheimer’s in mice. Everybody sort of read this on the internet. They said this 40 hertz was like
a magic frequency.
JM: That’s the gamma frequency in the brain, right?
MH: I believe so. Yeah. We did a study that found 10 hertz was better than CW and better than
100 hertz. If pulsing is better, it’s likely to be in that range and I completely agree that cells
cannot respond to kilohertz. It’s just way too fast for the cells to even take any light at all....

Hello H2O provided a link to the Canadian Amazon store so is this the one you bought RedFox? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M7X0OKY/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

I'm looking at buying this device too and somehow I can't see any information about the hz in the description of the item. But I thought Europe in general has 50hz frequency? Well, unless my very basic knowledge in this area means that I'm asking a silly question :huh:

Hello H2O said:
Hey RedFox, what do you think of this in the description? It seems that it has an internal battery, from their description anyway. So maybe it won't have the flicker. Either that or there is an error or typo in their description.

I think they have a problem with the description - that many LED's wouldn't last long on a battery. It's impractical for something that is meant to be an outside security light. That, and it shows a picture of having a mains cable. Maybe battery back up for power outages?

Ant22 said:
Hello H2O provided a link to the Canadian Amazon store so is this the one you bought RedFox? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M7X0OKY/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Yes, that's the one.

I'm looking at buying this device too and somehow I can't see any information about the hz in the description of the item. But I thought Europe in general has 50hz frequency? Well, unless my very basic knowledge in this area means that I'm asking a silly question :huh:

From the IR lights spec: • Input Voltage: 100V-240VAC (50-60Hz)

I found the following to double check my understanding:
LED Lighting Flicker and Potential Health Concerns: IEEE Standard PAR1789 Update
_http://www.ece.neu.edu/groups/power/lehman/Publications/Pub2010/2010_9_Wilkins.pdf

So it's possible it'll actually be 100hz-120hz (see circuits on page 3 of the doc).
Constant current (no flicker) may only be available for the smaller IR camera LED's, that needed an external DC power supply.

Rather than assuming anything further, I'll have a look at its circuit when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom