Then I met a doctor that I knew. He told me that the clinic was indeed empty. He thought he got the virus two weeks ago, the symptoms were very mild. In his opinion, Southwestern France will be spared: "we dodged the epidemics".

So much for the hysteria and packed hospitals. I was in one of the big hospitals in the south of Poland yesterday delivering a ventilator and it was empty. Same story here. Hospitals empty while media is in frenzy spreading panic....

We can be a stabilizing force with our children, keeping in mind the age, personality, and level of the child. Although it is easier said than done, paying particular attention to not only the words we use but also the delivery (tone, volume, pitch, gestures, expressions) becomes even more essential.

For example, it would be easy to express exasperation and frustration at the situation, with frowns and sighs, and loud hype in our voices: but this does nothing for the child, and only serves ourselves and the need to "vent". Listening attentively, and also watching attentively, the moods, actions, words, expressions of the children is more useful - in addition to asking them questions in a caring way. Only then we parents have a chance to affect, respond accordingly, properly care, and show true love.
(This is by the way more of a reminder to myself).

Fortunately many of us here on the Forum have been able to lay the groundwork with our children for many years (thank you Forum!), therefore this situation is easier to navigate as far as child-rearing is concerned. It is painful to watch what other families are doing, as you mentioned Konstantin, that kids are being unnecessarily frightened and showing signs of psychological problems.

This is very true, and thanks for the reminder! I've been guilty of this a couple of times during the week. I think that the situation feels serious and acute in a different way – in a sense even more serious – for us forumites, since we know there's probably more at stake than "just" the economy and people's health (i.e. spiritual battle).

I've been trying to keep things as normal as possible, also keeping our home tidy and serving good meals for the family, but occasionally I have felt the (foolish) need to "vent" (as you say, Jefferson), and my wife hasn't been too happy about it. I rationalize this by saying to myself things like "Well, I need to talk about these things to someone, don't I?"

This morning she again pointed out this to me, that I shouldn't emphasize so emotionally the illogical and irrational things I find in the media. I'm ashamed to admit, but this time I got really angry at her, saying things like "Am I not allowed to criticize things even in my own home?!" I then, out of control, stormed out the door for a walk. Luckily, we had a more calm talk later, and things are back to "normal". So far the kids are doing great with all this, from what I can tell.

But I made took a serious mental note to myself about this; even if the "universe is at stake" you have to try to remain calm and not cause unnecessary drama! This absurd situation seems to bring all sorts of things to the fore, and with skill we can hopefully learn from them.

I hope you don't mind, but I turned this into a graphic, suitable for sharing.
I think that is exactly what should be done with it, so thank you!
Paper posters put up all around the world would be even better, but that would be costly and dangerous, so...

Here's another good one for you number crunchers - model vs. reality
This will be one of our strongest weapons later on, along with general statistics - the fact that the projected numbers did not manifest. Later on, people need to be faced with the fact that everything has suffered because of the measures taken (and they will feel that) versus the fact that the numbers show there was no reason for it, there was no serious threat, death rate didn't change, and so on.

And when they say it was because of the measures, countries that didn't take those measures will show that the results there weren't any different that elsewhere. I'm pretty sure some of the worst hit countries will be the ones that took it seriously and panicked all the way through it. Currently the worst are USA, Italy, and Spain. Not Sweden and... what was the other one, Belarus? With 350 cases and 4 deaths? Hmm...

I don,t see why they need to go to that expense. They already have water cannons that the then Lord Mayor, Boris Johnson bought on the Cheap some years ago now.
You can never have enough firepower! Didn't you notice the men in charge have the mentality of 12 year old boys? They love big guns, armoured vehicles, massive explosions, long-range missiles, and all the other destructive bullshit.

aragorn said:
This morning she again pointed out this to me, that I shouldn't emphasize so emotionally the illogical and irrational things I find in the media. I'm ashamed to admit, but this time I got really angry at her, saying things like "Am I not allowed to criticize things even in my own home?!" I then, out of control, stormed out the door for a walk.
For what it's worth, I think you're feeling exactly what you should be feeling as a human being. This is what drives us, this concern about the truth.

In other news, I'm reading about the situation here, and it looks like after the Easter weekend, restrictions will be eased. A lot of stuff should be reopened to prevent total economic meltdown, and other restrictions should continuously go away too. Compared to what I've seen in this thread, I guess we're not doing that badly.

Still, it's bizarre to see everyone act like the virus is a tremendous threat when the numbers show it's not, even ignoring they're bloated. If we look at the facts that tests often include other coronaviruses and most of the dead had other diseases, the actual death rate is probably like 10 times lower, (we've seen the report from Italy that only 12% of the deaths actually had covid-19 on the death certificate) and the number of total cases is nothing out of the ordinary either way.

I can certainly see why the Cs would say that this will backfire.

"Crisis doesn't change people, it reveals them". Now more than ever.

Very true, im seeing a lot of this. Some good, some not so good.

Another thing, people dressing up with no where to go just to post pics on social media. The attention they crave, is now gone from there lives. Will they go inwards?? Doubt it very much but then again who knows??

Here in Bonn area, Germany, the situation is oh well pretty much the same as in other parts of Germany:

Politics appeals: comply with anti-corona measures

At the start of the Easter holidays, politicians are appealing to people to continue to comply with the ban on contact in order to curb the spread of the corona virus. Travel restrictions also within Germany do not welcome all parties.
"Everyone understands that people sometimes want to get out, especially in the weather and in the week before Easter." That is not prohibited, given the restrictions. But: "I am counting on the fact that the vast majority, as has been the case so far, is reasonable and insightful and adheres to the rules."

:rolleyes:

City appeals to all Bonn residents to stay at home

...Anyone who should still be on the move must follow the ban on contact for more than two people and keep their distance from other people. "So far we have not been able to curb the spread of the virus," the city's mayor Ashok Sridharan quotes. "So please adhere to the restrictions." ...
Failure to comply can result in high fines .
The city of Bonn has also temporarily closed the Japanese Garden in the Rheinaue. The paths there are too narrow to be used at the required distance from each other.

And there are of course people who report others for braking the rules:
Regelverstöße in Königswinter: „Corona-Anzeigen“ kommen auch von Nachbarn :nuts:
The City of Königswinter received 90 reports from citizens about violations of the Corona Protection Ordinance between March 20 and March 31. Last Saturday alone there were 45.

42 complaints were filed for the gathering of people, 27 for entering the closed playgrounds and 15 for not being closed. Administrative offenses have been initiated in 27 cases of the gathering of people.

And since my kid is currently gone to play with his friend (it´s a beautifull sunny day here and the kids have a meadow behind the houses where they can play football), I hope that there are no more then 2-3 of them - on safe distance of 2m.... :rolleyes: :-D

###########

Another thing that is bugging me; in the light of this corona-mumbo-jumbo one would think that the doctors would encurage people to boost their imunity etc....
But apparantelly it is still ok to vaccinate 14 months old children with explanation that they are not in danger from corona-scam. :shock:
Never mind that with vaccination you push childs immune system to overload (+ other aspects of vaccines damaging the childs body, that we here already know, but I´ll stick here with main stream medicine).
Did any of this pro-corona mainstream-wunder-doctors asked themselves what would happen if the child gets corona while fighting with the vaccine?
Of course not! :shock:

I mean, even if one is not aware of all of the information we know here and is only informed via MSM, I would think that particular person/doctor would assume: ok, this virus in unknown/dangerous/pandemic/.... let´s pospone vaccination to later time until there is some light upon this epidemic......
But no!!! Brainwashed and programmed responses to any given situation..... :headbash:

A nurse went to me swiftly : "it's a COVID area here, you're not supposed to be here".
I replied "I didn't know, I brought you a present"
"I recognize you now" (I was wearing a mask). You have a present? What is it?"
" A box of chocolate"
"Okay, give me the box and leave"
:rotfl: Gave me a big chuckle, though I faced same treatment with my Ex. One of the item people finding hard to find is Lysol, even though toilet paper is now available in limited content. Does these people know what is in Lysol. This started to look like a joke of "woman raising her skirt to hide face - out of shyness".

Yesterday I had to go into town to buy some hardware. Yes, I had my self-signed permission slip so I was allowed ;-D. In town the store was one of the few that had its hardware section open. Most other hardware stores are closed except this one. What was interesting was that across the street was the supermarket portion where you can buy groceries. At the front entrance was a security guy directing people. One out, one in and there was HUGE line waiting to get in. For some reason he was only letting certain people take their cart to their car. Interestingly, most people were not wearing masks. Seemed like more wearing gloves than masks, many wearing neither. They were observing the 2m distance thing however.

At first, I didn’t know that the hardware portion was a different section, so when I saw the line I decided there’s no way I’m waiting in that line (at the rate it was going probably an hour), and began to head home. As I was leaving I spotted the hardware store and noticed there was no line, no guard, just people going in/out like you’d normally expect to see. I parked and went in to grab some things. The store wasn’t crowded but semi-busy. Again, many people not wearing masks or gloves. All the staff were but I assume that they were told they have to even if they didn’t want to. They did have the plexiglass shields at the cashiers as well.

It was kind of relieving to see that most of the people didn’t seem to be too worried about coronavirus. What was revealing was how stupid the measures were. One side of the street going full nazi and right across from it, business as usual. Go figure!

Forgot to add: one of the things I needed was alcohol for cleaning tools etc. and they still had some! (I didn't expect to find any).

I haven't given an update from Rhode Island for a while, so here's the latest news from the local television station:

Key COVID-19 headlines for Friday:
  • Two new deaths, 14 total
  • At least 12 nursing homes with cases
  • 711 cases statewide
  • RI setting up three makeshift hospitals
  • Public now recommended to wear cloth masks

The main new thing is that the state government is now recommending that people wear cloth masks in public. By now we've all heard about how surgical masks aren't good enough and even N95 aren't enough because this virus is so dangerous, but now we're all supposed to wear cloth masks? Huh? :ohboy:

I'm guessing the reason given will be that it is a reminder to stop us from touching our own face, and that it will help keep others safe so we don't sneeze on them. Its just tough to keep up sometimes. 🙄

Well... It seems Im not alone in my perspective here in Croatia :clap::headbanger: I will be observing this with 6 eyes!!

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty!

"Sorry for the disturbance, but this is a revolution!

OTPOR - HRVATSKA

Our goal is justice, freedom and equality! Our members come from various factions and parties. These are the activists who have been the first to say STOP to the injustices - in evictions, in protests, in arrests for the fight for justice and who heartily want change.
We are here creating a common language against injustice, an organization that can achieve goals, win and change.
Changes are a time-consuming process and a long time has passed in our country. You are already called to be the salt of the earth, so what are you waiting for? Be the salt of the earth, fight!

We act anonymously so that the movement can act as one, without prominent faces, as a force against which the enemy cannot. In order to promote freedom of speech, in a country where it is well known that young people are not allowed to express their opinions, as they will be hit by the media and the public. OTPOR was also called Neo-Communists and Ustashas on the same day. The MIA analyzed the recording, investigating and checking us as the worst criminals, because in this country, crime is about talking about justice.

Ask yourself what kind of countries do you live in ?! What the mass-media is calling 'rebellion' and 'revolt against the rulling elite' is infact fighting corruption, nepotism, emigration and decadence. Time for everyone who cares to join such 'rebellion'!
The day is coming when people will wake up! When they will no longer allow themselves to be plundered and humiliated. The day comes when people will no longer sit and remain silent!
And on that day, beyond the barricades, is there a world you dreamed of? We will make these barricades neither of stones, nor of wood, nor of iron; they will be made of ideas and a desire to change. At these barricades, we need those brave ones who, when day hugs the night, will say:
'We will die with you at the barricades!'
An organization cannot do without you! If you tremble at every wrong done to others, you are our people, and you are called!
When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty!
And do not be alone in the future…
Even when there is no one with us, and everything is against us, we will resist! ”

END OF MESSAGE

Theres also the STOP movement in Serbia and I heard they are organizing citizen militias.

I have never seen a parachute jumper here.
In addition, all airports are closed, except for freight air traffic.
I live in a city, close to a small airport, which is mainly used for private and probably military exercises, because in that village there is also a forest where they perform military exercises.
I took some photos, and also a video.
But the video does not work.
At first it lingers, and makes a strange sound, then the sound stops, the clock is ticking, but the image remains frozen.

The only thing i can think of, is military exercise, or a invasion, hopefully not the second.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_141259439.jpg
    IMG_20200404_141259439.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Yesterday I had to go into town to buy some hardware. Yes, I had my self-signed permission slip so I was allowed ;-D. In town the store was one of the few that had its hardware section open. Most other hardware stores are closed except this one. What was interesting was that across the street was the supermarket portion where you can buy groceries. At the front entrance was a security guy directing people. One out, one in and there was HUGE line waiting to get in. For some reason he was only letting certain people take their cart to their car. Interestingly, most people were not wearing masks. Seemed like more wearing gloves than masks, many wearing neither. They were observing the 2m distance thing however.

At first, I didn’t know that the hardware portion was a different section, so when I saw the line I decided there’s no way I’m waiting in that line (at the rate it was going probably an hour), and began to head home. As I was leaving I spotted the hardware store and noticed there was no line, no guard, just people going in/out like you’d normally expect to see. I parked and went in to grab some things. The store wasn’t crowded but semi-busy. Again, many people not wearing masks or gloves. All the staff were but I assume that they were told they have to even if they didn’t want to. They did have the plexiglass shields at the cashiers as well.

It was kind of relieving to see that most of the people didn’t seem to be too worried about coronavirus. What was revealing was how stupid the measures were. One side of the street going full nazi and right across from it, business as usual. Go figure!

Forgot to add: one of the things I needed was alcohol for cleaning tools etc. and they still had some! (I didn't expect to find any).

Its the same way around here. I feel like I'm going through a TSA checkpoint to get into the grocery store but its no big deal to get into the local pharmacy or Home Depot from what I can tell.

They actually wasted a lot of money 'refitting' them and then sold them off for scrap at a loss of ~ £300,000, stating that they were bought before they were even licensed to be used on the streets and that they weren't authorised because they're dangerous - their feelings towards them may have changed now though!

Well, well, never heard that follow-up. Cretins the lot of them.

Can We Trust the WHO? :lol:

By F. William Engdahl

Global Research, April 03, 2020

Theme: History, Media Disinformation, Science and Medicine, United Nations

The most influential organization in the world with nominal responsibility for global health and epidemic issues is the United Nations’ World Health Organization, WHO, based in Geneva. What few know is the actual mechanisms of its political control, the shocking conflicts of interest, corruption and lack of transparency that permeate the agency that is supposed to be the impartial guide for getting through the current COVID-19 pandemic. The following is only part of what has come to public light.
Pandemic declaration?
On January 30 Tedros Adhanom, Director-General of the UN World Health Organization declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern or PHIEC. This came two days after Tedros met with China President Xi Jinping in Beijing to discuss the dramatic rise in severe cases of a novel coronavirus in Wuhan and surrounding areas that had reached dramatic proportions. Announcing his emergency PHIEC declaration, Tedros praised the Chinese quarantine measures, measures highly controversial in public health and never before in modern times attempted with entire cities, let alone countries. At the same time Tedros, curiously, criticized other countries who were moving to block flights to China to contain the strange new disease, leading to charges he was unduly
defending China.

The first three cases in Wuhan were reported, officially, on December 27, 2019, a full month earlier. The cases were all diagnosed with pneumonia from a “novel” or new form of SARS Coronavirus. Important to note is that the largest movement of people in the year, China’s Lunar New Year and Spring Festival, during which some 400 million citizens move throughout the land to join families went from January 17 through February 8. On January 23, at 2am two days before start of actual New Year festivities, Wuhan authorities declared an unprecedented lockdown of the entire city of 11 million as of 10am that day. By then, hundreds of thousands if not several million residents had fled in panic to avoid the quarantine.

By the time the WHO declared its Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January, precious weeks had been lost to contain the disease. Yet Tedros effusively praised the “unprecedented” Chinese measures and criticized other countries for placing “stigma” on Chinese by cutting travel.

In reference to the Wuhan COVID-19 spread and why WHO did not call it a pandemic, the WHO spokesman, Tarik Jasarevic, stated “There is no official category (for a pandemic)…WHO does not use the old system of 6 phases — that ranged from phase 1 (no reports of animal influenza causing human infections) to phase 6 (a pandemic) — that some people may be familiar with from H1N1 in 2009.”

Then, in an about-face, on March 11, Tedros Adhanom announced for the first time that WHO was calling the novel coronavirus illness, now renamed COVID-19, a “global pandemic.” At that point WHO said there were more than 118,000 cases of COVID-19 in 114 countries, with 4,291 deaths.

2009 WHO H1N1 Swine Flu Fake Pandemic

Since an earlier WHO fiasco and scandal in 2009 over its declaration of a global pandemic around the “swine flu” or H1N1 as it was termed, the WHO decided to drop using the term pandemic. The reason is indicative of the corruption endemic to the WHO institution.

Just weeks before first reports in 2009 of a young Mexican child being infected with a novel H1N1 “swine flu” virus in Veracruz, the WHO had quietly changed the traditional definition of pandemic. No longer was it necessary a reported disease be extremely widespread in many countries and extremely deadly or debilitating. It need only be widespread, like seasonal flu, should WHO “experts” want to declare pandemic. WHO H1N1 symptoms were the same as a bad cold.

Coronavirus Epidemic: WHO Declares a “Fake” Global Public Health Emergency

When then-WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan officially declared a Phase 6 global Pandemic emergency, that triggered national emergency programs including billions of dollars of government purchases of alleged H1N1 vaccines. At the end of the 2009 flu season it turned out the deaths due to H1N1 were tiny relative to the normal seasonal flu. Dr Wolfgang Wodarg, a German physician specialising in Pulmonology, was then chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. In 2009 he called for an inquiry into alleged conflicts of interest surrounding the EU response to the Swine Flu pandemic. The Netherlands Parliament as well discovered that Professor Albert Osterhaus of the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, the person at the center of the worldwide Swine Flu H1N1 Influenza A 2009 pandemic as the key advisor to WHO on influenza, was intimately positioned to personally profit from the billions of euros in vaccines allegedly aimed at H1N1.

Many of the other WHO scientific experts who advised Dr. Chan to declare pandemic were receiving money directly or indirectly from Big Pharma including GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis and other major vaccine-makers. The WHO Swine Flu Pandemic declaration was a fake. 2009-10 saw the mildest influenza worldwide since medicine began tracking it. The pharma giants took in billions in the process.

It was after the 2009 pandemic scandal that the WHO stopped using the 6 phase pandemic declaration and went to the totally vague and confusing “Public Health Emergency of International Concern.” But now, Tedros and WHO arbitrarily decided to reintroduce the term pandemic, admitting though that they are still in the midst of creating yet a new definition of the term. “Pandemic” triggers more fear than “Public Health Emergency of International Concern.”

WHO’s SAGE Still Conflicted

Despite the huge 2009-10 conflict-of-interest scandals linking Big Pharma to WHO, today the WHO under Tedros has done little to clean out corruption and conflicts of interest.

The current WHO Scientific Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) is riddled with members who receive “financially significant” funds from either major vaccine makers, or the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BGMF) or Wellcome Trust. In the latest posting by WHO of the 15 scientific members of SAGE, no fewer than 8 had declared interest, by law, of potential conflicts. In almost every case the significant financial funder of these 8 SAGE members included the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck & Co. (MSD), Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (a Gates-funded vaccine group), BMGF Global Health Scientific Advisory Committee, Pfizer, Novovax, GSK, Novartis, Gilead, and other leading pharma vaccine players. So much for independent scientific objectivity at WHO.

Gates and WHO

The fact that many of the members of WHO’s SAGE have financial ties to the Gates Foundation is highly revealing, even if not surprising. Today the WHO is primarily financed not by UN member governments, but by what is called a “public-private partnership” in which private vaccine companies and the group of Bill Gates-sponsored entities dominate.

In the latest available financial report of WHO, for December 31, 2017, slightly more than half of the $2+ billion General Fund Budget of WHO was from private donors or external agencies such as World Bank or EU. Far the largest private or non-government funders of WHO are the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation together with Gates-funded GAVI Vaccine Alliance, the Gates-initiated Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM). Those three provided more than $474 million to WHO. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation alone gave a whopping $324,654,317 to WHO. By comparison, the largest state donor to WHO, the US Government, gave $401 million to WHO.

Among other private donors we find the world’s leading vaccine and drug makers including Gilead Science (currently pressing to have its drug as treatment for COVID-19), GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffmann-LaRoche, Sanofi Pasteur, Merck Sharp and Dohme Chibret and Bayer AG. The drug makers gave tens of millions of dollars to WHO in 2017. This private pro-vaccine industry support for the WHO agenda from the Gates Foundation and Big Pharma is more than a simple conflict of interest. It is a de facto high-jacking of the UN agency responsible for coordinating worldwide responses to epidemics and disease. Further, the Gates Foundation, the world’s largest at some $50 billion, invests its tax-exempt dollars in those same vaccine makers including Merck, Novartis, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline.

Against this background it should come as no surprise that Ethiopian politician, Tedros Adhanom, became head of WHO in 2017. Tedros is the first WHO director who is not a medical doctor despite his insistence on using Dr. as title. His is a doctor of philosophy in community health for “research investigating the effects of dams on the transmission of malaria in the Tigray region of Ethiopia.” Tedros, who was also Ethiopia Minister of Foreign Affairs until 2016, met Bill Gates when he was Ethiopian Health Minister and became Board Chair of the Gates-linked Global Fund Against HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria.

Under Tedros, the notorious corruption and conflicts of interest at WHO have continued, even grown. According to a recent report by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, in 2018 and 2019 under Tedros, the WHO Health Emergencies Program, the section responsible for the COVID-19 global response, was cited with the highest risk rating noting the “failure to adequately finance the program and emergency operations [risks] inadequate delivery of results at country level.” The ABC report further found that there has also been a “surge in internal corruption allegations across the whole of the organisation, with the detection of multiple schemes aimed at defrauding large sums of money from the international body.” Not very reassuring.

In early March Oxford University stopped using WHO data on COVID-19 because of repeated errors and inconsistencies the WHO refused to correct. The WHO test protocols for coronavirus tests have repeatedly been cited by various countries including Finland for flaws and false positives and other defects.

This is the WHO which we now trust to guide us through the worst health crisis of the past century.

Note to readers: please click the share buttons above or below. Forward this article to your email lists. Crosspost on your blog site, internet forums. etc.

F. William Engdahl is strategic risk consultant and lecturer, he holds a degree in politics from Princeton University and is a best-selling author on oil and geopolitics, exclusively for the online magazine “New Eastern Outlook” where this article was originally published. He is a Research Associate of the Centre for Research on Globalization.

The original source of this article is Global Research

Hello I just wanted to share the following letter we received through the post today. Its a letter from Boris Johnson emphasising "you must stay home" spiel:

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_134309_resized_20200404_014723621.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134309_resized_20200404_014723621.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200404_134316_resized_20200404_014723108.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134316_resized_20200404_014723108.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200404_134401_resized_20200404_014723389.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134401_resized_20200404_014723389.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom