21 powerful questions: gain clarity on who you are, what you should do

Excellent questions, thank you for sharing.

I think that could be constructive to share answers with someone whom we presume objective in our life, because people usually or exaggerate or underestimated themselves.

I agree that these questions are very good and that they come very timely. Thank you Laura! I went through them rather fast first, but I see what you mean about them deserving some deep thought, so I guess I'll journal more about them too.

There is one question that I don't fully understand:

16. What have you rejected that seems determined to claim you?

Is that something that you rejected because you consider it to be negative but it keeps coming back in life? Or is it something that can be positive but you rejected for some reason and it keeps coming back as an opportunity in your life? Or is it something completely different :-[ ?

Good timing! I was already engaged in a similar task of writing to heal thanks to key questions to answer given to me by a family therapist who does family constellations. To my surprise, she said that it was not a family constellation what I needed, but to work on my family tree. Although seemingly obvious, it was hard to get things started. In the end, I wrote an entire essay for just one question she asked me.

I printed these questions to answer one at a time before going to bed. I'll get to them as soon as I finish my homework.

Thank you so much for sharing the questions. In a daily life routine it is easy to forget questioning oneself more. They come at a moment of decision-making and I can see them help me getting out of the comfort zone and into new thinking.

Thanks Laura for raising these questions. I like to write in that way, trying to clarify my thoughts, looking for answers to my doubts. I will work with these questions, inquiring me, honestly trying to know myself better.

I wonder if some of the auto answers will end up being different once deep contemplation is applied, and if so, what the comparison will be between them. Seems like it can open an avenue in that direction too, sort of like a glimpse of the unconscious vs conscious mind.

Thanks Laura!

Good time for me to ponder my reason for being as I'm in the middle of a three day fast. Thanks!

Yas said:

Is that something that you rejected because you consider it to be negative but it keeps coming back in life? Or is it something that can be positive but you rejected for some reason and it keeps coming back as an opportunity in your life? Or is it something completely different :-[ ?

I understood it more in a negative way, but thinking about it, maybe it is meant in a positive way. I guess it can be both - something that gets you derailed and entrapped, and it was good that it was consciously rejected, or something that is an open path/opportunity that was rejected by the predator's mind but deserves a closer look. Maybe journaling about such questions can bring light into this tangle, which in each person/situation can have a different meaning. Fwiw

Reactions: Meg
That's an excellent set of questions, some answers come fairly quickly but as you already said many deserve more thought though.

This one: "11. What is the “unlived life” of each of your parents and what effect has it had on your life?" is a really thought provoking question. I've never thought along those lines before but the second part, could lead to all sorts of insights in that context. We can be so much the fruit of what was put into us, or not, by our parents.

Thanks for sharing!

Yas said:

My understanding of the question is that it is inquiring into what Carl Jung called the shadow aspect of the personal unconscious. The personal shadow contains those qualities and traits that our conscious mind finds abhorrent or distasteful and denies them expression in our lives. Then, usually, such qualities are projected outwards towards other people or institutions and we begin to have an irrational and exaggerated reaction towards them. It would seem that wherever we go, we tend to meet such people and they keep evoking strong emotional reactions, thus claiming space within our psyche. We can and often do suppress the emotions but that would leave us in a state of lethargy, apathy and lack of direction with sudden outbursts of uncontrollable emotions.

So from a Jungian psychology perspective, the idea is to first come to terms with the idea of shadow, which is tied with the idea of the unconscious, since the shadow is the first personification of the unconscious that we encounter. IOW, our first real experience of the unconscious happens through the shadow. This is different from an intellectual understanding. When we have a real experience of the shadow, we will be surprised at best and horrified at worst. But if we do not run from it, then we can set up a dialog with it and get to understand it more. And through this dialog, we can sometimes see the other side of the shadow,and come to realize how certain traits and qualities have their legitimate place in life. The result of such a dialog is freeing up of life energy in the inner world. This then can manifest as new opportunities and avenues of growth for the individual in the outside world.

[quote author=Yas]
Is that something that you rejected because you consider it to be negative but it keeps coming back in life? Or is it something that can be positive but you rejected for some reason and it keeps coming back as an opportunity in your life? Or is it something completely different :-[ ?[/quote]

If you replace the "either-or" formulation of what you wrote with "both-and" formulation, it may be a closer match.

A personal observation about the general theme of writing answers to such questions. The goal, if I understand this correctly, is to set up a dialog between the conscious ego and the unconscious mind. In a balanced dialog both sides have their say. If both are in complete agreement, then there is little learning value that emerges from the exercise. When there is an element of surprise (from the perspective of the conscious ego) in the content of the material produced from the exercise, then it is more likely that the unconscious aspect is having its say. The degree of difficulty to get the unconscious to participate in the process will vary from person to person. For some it will be easy; for others, especially those who have a tendency of being very sure of themselves regarding moral questions of what is good and bad, the process may be quite difficult. If the unconscious participates at all, it may present such material that one will be tempted to put a lid over the box and forget all about it forever. So I would suggest having an attitude of openness, humility and respect for the unconscious mind throughout the exercise. It does not mean agreeing to whatever surprising material that comes up - but rather having the attitude of taking it on board for consideration and then negotiating respectfully to come to an acceptable conclusion.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks obyvatel ! For me, your answer sheds light on how to envisage this exercise. I like the idea of ​​establishing a dialogue between the conscious ego and the unconscious mind.

I am propably not the most aspiring candidate to give this a go. This list made me depressed, but I suppose that can be catalyst for chance.

1. You’re on your deathbed looking back on your life. What did you like best about it?

Not going insane.lol

2. What is the one problem you were born to understand?

That I have a problem.

3. If you had only three wishes, what powers, possessions or qualities would you wish for?

Obviously the 3 wishes that can give me World domination. Because I am all about World peace, Though, creation needs to go in accordance with it's lessons, so I don't know if this would be solution to everything. I reckon it's awfully complicated.

4. If you were granted three life mentors, who would they be and why?

1 from 6D STO would do. They know it all. Literally.

5. If you had one hour of prime time TV to address the world, what would you do?

Could tell them a lot. But what kinds of truths is humanity able to accept at this time?

6. If you had an opportunity to teach every child one life lesson, what would it be?

Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers.

7. If you knew with certainty that you would not fail at doing this, what would it be?

??? what, I don't get this question.

8. What is the single most important thing missing from your life right now?

Actually having a life…

9. If you could predict the next big choice your life would present you, what would it be?

Having a life… lol

10. What would be your single greatest regret if you died tomorrow?

A sin is not something that is necessary. Everything are just lessons. But of course I regret things. But dwelling on it is not about learning, that's just unconscious suffering.

11. What is the “unlived life” of each of your parents and what effect has it had on your life?

My parents are 'robots' They need emotions to aspire such things.

12. What are your top three talents?

Oh please, lol.

13. When were you the happiest and what were you up to?

The things that made me happy, luckily don't make me happy again.

14. What is your most memorable break with tradition or taboo, and what were you after?

Breaking with tradition? Isn't that the story of our life, since the truth always seems to be controversial? And telling people otherwise than the accepted consensus is taboo by rule.

15. What do you want to be remembered for after you die?

Don't need to be remembered, just want to leave behind positive chance if possible.

They mean, things you have trouble letting go? A lot of things.

17. If you could choose one friend to trade careers with who would it be?
18. If you had to go back to college tomorrow what classes would you take?

I would try to study rights, since you can actually do something good with a degree like that. Many successfull civil rights advocates did so.

19. What is the most consistent message; impulse or prompting you’ve been getting about following a departure from the status quo in your work life?

Learn to deal with *ssholes in a healthy way.

20. What do you love most about your current job?

My job is just for survival. Nothing more.

21. When was the last time you were in a state of flow, in the zone and totally lost track of time? What were you doing?

Reading a book, since learning is fun.

Back
Top Bottom