49 victims in shootings at 2 New Zealand mosques

I wanted to see how the video ended. We just see the guy driving away on the street. It would be interesting to track on google maps where he is heading to, cause according to the most recent version of events, he is the sole shooter and he immediately went to the other mosque to do some more shooting - but did he really? At first they were talking of "simultaneous multiple attacks". I bet we won't be hearing anymore about the school up north, where another body was seen and a guy dressed in camouflage (not in black) was caught, and the explosives that apparently were found in cars on other streets.

I did this yesterday. Tarrant turns north out of the mosque onto Deans Ave, which then goes east and becomes Bealey Ave. He gets to the intersection of probably Manchester or Madras (wasn't able to get it for sure without spending a bit more time). Basically he travels half of the way from al-Noor to Linwood, based on the proposed route using Google maps:

The route takes about 10 minutes. He's driving for about 5 minutes along that route. Presumably he could have followed that route for another 5 minutes and start shooting almost immediately after arriving at Linwood, which would mean 10 minutes between the last shots he fired at al-Noor and the first shots he fired at Linwood. That's not a lot of time, and given how news travels, I don't think it's surprising that if that was the case, there would be initial reports of attacks happening at the same time.

I bet we won't be hearing anymore about the school up north, where another body was seen and a guy dressed in camouflage (not in black) was caught, and the explosives that apparently were found in cars on other streets.
As for this bit, the guy arrested there was apparently Stephen Millar, who was picking up his 13-yo brother-in-law from the school. He's planning to sue for false arrest (this is the guy who was released as being not involved in the attacks):

A Christchurch man says he will seek compensation for wrongful arrest for wearing camouflage clothing yesterday while police were dealing with the mosques massacre.

Stephen Millar, a 30-year-old father of young children, said he was inadvertently caught up in the police operation when he arrived outside Papanui High School intending to pick up his 13-year-old brother-in-law, the NZ Herald reports.

A police officer held a gun to his head and ordered him down on the ground.

“I looked up at the cop and he said, ‘Look at me again and I will shoot you’.

“I had no weapons on me.”

“They had me on my knees, they had a gun in my face.

“I said, ‘I’ve done nothing wrong. They said I was an idiot for wearing camouflage clothing.”

The police have defended their actions, saying the situation immediately after the massacre was rapidly evolving and they had to respond to multiple reports of potentially related events.

Millar said he had been wearing camouflage clothing since he was a child. He always wore it, although he had quit the habit today — temporarily.
When asked if it crossed his mind that going out dressed in camouflage might create difficulties when the police were dealing with a mass shooting, Millar said: “No. That’s what I wear every day. Everyone that knows me knows I have always dressed like that.”

Trying to find out a bit about the other people arrested. From this:

Bush said at a press conference Sunday that others had been arrested but that police did not believe they were involved in the attack.

“I will not be saying anything conclusive until we are absolutely convinced as to how many people were involved, but we hope to be able to give that advice over the next few days,” Bush added.

Two other people were apprehended, Bush said, and police seized a firearm from them. The woman was released without charge, while the other man was charged with firearms offenses.

One additional man was also arrested in the aftermath of the shooting, but police said they don't believe he was involved in the attack either. Bush said the man was helping get children to safety but that he armed himself, "which is not the right approach."

So I don't think what I wrote in the previous post was correct. Millar was arrested, but probably wasn't one of the people included in the "4 people arrested". He was arrested but apparently wasn't considered a suspect - they probably realized he wasn't involved pretty soon after he was arrested. The 4 initial suspects included 3 men (including Tarrant), and a woman. The woman has apparently been released. The man arrested with her hasn't been released, and had a firearm. And the other man who was arrested also had a firearm (this jives with something I read yesterday which said the other arrests were made in connection with possession of firearms), but was trying to help victims.

Pretty much the same thing in a later CNN update:

Two other people were apprehended at a cordon during the initial police operation and a firearm was seized from them, New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush told reporters Sunday.

"One of those persons, a woman, has been released without charge. The man in that vehicle has been charged with firearms offense. At this point we do not believe that they were involved in these attacks," said Bush.

Watched a video where the the host claimed that the AOS (Armed Offenders Squad of NZ) where carrying out an exercise on the same day, however, haven't been able to find any source for the allegation. Post here if anyone find any links. Thanks.

The photo in this article has a caption of the AOS but nothing mentioned of them in the article.
France steps up security near religious sites after New Zealand...
AOS (Armed Offenders Squad) push back members of the public following a shooting at the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, March 15, 2019. REUTERS/SNPA/Martin Hunter

AOS (Armed Offenders Squad) push back members of the public following a shooting at the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, March 15, 2019.

Man arrested after Armed Offenders Squad ... - tvnz.co.nz
TVNZ 1
Man arrested after Armed Offenders Squad called to incident at Bay of Plenty property
3 days ago · Facebook Twitter Google Plus ... A man has been arrested after the Armed Offenders Squad was called to an incident in Thornton, Bay of Plenty this afternoon. ... New Zealand.

Christchurch mosque shooting: Accused gunman Brenton Tarrant 'marked man' in prison
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213526

Accused mosque gunman Brenton Tarrant has been warned he's a marked man in prison.

Gang members gathered at Hagley High School in Christchurch yesterday to take flowers and offer their support to families affected by the tragedy. They said what Tarrant allegedly carried out was "wrong in every way possible".

Speaking to the Herald, one man said the gang members had gone to the school to tautoko (support) the families. "Because they've come to New Zealand, they are part of us now. They are our people," he said.

"That stuff that happened [on Friday], that was disgusting, there was no need for it. We're a club, we do our things but, nah, that's just wrong in every way possible."

Another man told the Herald, "we've got friends inside too." He didn't elaborate but the warning was clear.

Criminal justice advocate Sir Kim Workman said he'd heard from an independent source that Tarrant could be in danger in prison. "That's a matter I'm sure Corrections will be talking about as we speak," he said.

"Those sorts of feelings will run high with the prisons. The only thing that Corrections can do is to segregate them and keep them in separate custodial management regimes."

Tarrant would essentially be kept in solitary confinement for his own safety, Workman said. Tarrant would likely be kept in separate facilities with "fairly high security" where no other prisoners would have easy access to him. Prison officers might also be carefully chosen "to make sure that the prison officers aren't likely themselves to be tempted to deal with the prisoner themselves".

NZ in mourning as 49 people killed and more than 40 injured in terror attack
https://www.nzherald.co.nz//nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213236&ref=clavis

KEY POINTS:
• 36 mins of terror: Police confirm sole gunman responsible for both mosque shootings
• PM Ardern says gunman "absolutely" intended to continue his attack
• Australian-born Dunedin resident Brenton Harrison Tarrant appeared in court today
• 49 are confirmed dead, victims range from 2 to older than 60
• 12 people remain in critical care as survivors' harrowing tales emerge
• Attorney General says semi-automatic weapons will be banned
• Kiwis have already donated more than $2.5m

New Zealand is in mourning after the deadly massacre at two Christchurch mosques. Join us for live updates as the country comes to grips with the tragedy.

Facebook says it removed 1.5 million videos of the New Zealand mosque attack
People take pictures on a pedestrian bridge, illuminated with colors of New Zealand's national flag as a tribute to victims of the mosque shootings in Christchurch, in Jakarta, Indonesia, March 17, 2019. REUTERS/Willy Kurniawan

Facebook Inc said it removed 1.5 million videos globally of the New Zealand mosque attack in the first 24 hours after the attack.

NZ Prime Minister wants to discuss live streaming with Facebook

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Facebook's chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg has sent condolences over the shootings at two mosques that killed 50 people, some of which were live-streamed over the social media platform.

NZ police shut Dunedin airport after report of a suspicious package
New Zealand's police said on Sunday that the airport in the city of Dunedin had been closed following a report of a suspicious package on the airfield.

Perhaps this is just a coincidence, but the Christchurch terrorist chose the closest Friday (March 15, 2019) to the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Rambouillet Agreement on March 18, 1999 by the US, UK, and Albania to break up Yugoslavia (i.e., Serbia) and have 30,000 NATO troops deploy through Belgrade and occupy Kosovo.

This accord led to the NATO bombing war on Yugoslavia that began March 24, 1999 and ran until June.

March 15, 2019 - Is the Christchurch Atrocity Blowback from Kosovo War of 20 Years Ago?
http://www.unz.com/isteve/is-christchurch-blowback-from-kosovo-war-of-20-years-ago/

From Balkan Insight:

New Zealand Mosque Gunman ‘Inspired by Balkan Nationalists’
Maja Zivanovic BelgradeBIRN March 15, 2019

A gunman who killed 49 people in a terror attack on two mosques in Christchurch in New Zealand is believed to be an admirer of Balkan nationalists and historical figures, and he played a song honouring Radovan Karadzic before opening fire. …

A video also showed that before the shooting, the gunman played a song honouring Bosnian Serb wartime political leader Radovan Karadzic, whose final verdict for genocide and war crimes is due to be delivered next week.

Ahead of the killings, the user of the Brenton Tarrant account posted a 73-page ‘manifesto’ which said the motive for the attack was to “create fear”, and included anti-migrant hate speech, calls for killings of Muslims, and white supremacist rhetoric.

This whole thing has a pro-Serb (or, more generally, pro-Balkan Christian) / anti-American air. Barely anybody in the US remembers our 1999 Kosovo War, but it wouldn’t be too surprising if some people were still sore about it.

The text also contained a section about the Kosovo conflict.
“Balkanization will also reduce the USA’s ability to project power globally, and thereby ensure that never again can such a situation as the US involvement in Kosovo ever occur again (where US/NATO forces fought beside Muslims and slaughtered Christian Europeans attempting to remove there Islamic occupiers from Europe),” it said. …

Pictures showing weaponry used in the shooting were also marked with the name of Montenegrin military leader Marko Miljanov Popovic, who led his tribe in the fight against the Ottoman Empire.
The weapons were also marked with the name of Bajo Pivljanin, a commander who also fought against the Ottoman Empire in Bosnia and Montenegro. …

Another name marked on the weaponry was Novak Vujosevic, who fought on the Montenegrin side in the Battle of Fundina against the Ottoman Empire’s forces. …

It’s not unknown for terrorists to choose anniversaries, such as the Palestinian terrorist choosing the 1st anniversary of Israel launching the Six Days War to assassinate RFK, or Oklahoma City being on the 2nd anniversary of Waco.

But it could still be a coincidence.

Karadzic could be jailed for life in final Srebrenica appeal ruling
FILE PHOTO: Ex-Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic sits in the court of the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague, the Netherlands March 24, 2016. REUTERS/Robin van Lonkhuijsen/Pool/File Photo

Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic will face U.N. appeals judges on Wednesday for a ruling that will end one of the highest profile legal battles stemming from the Balkan wars of the 1990s that saw the collapse of the former Yugoslavia.

I watched the video, in part, (it really disturbed me) and I saw nothing that would suggest it wasn't the real thing, EXCEPT, what Anka mentioned about him firing three shotgun blasts from inside his car directly at the windscreen, which does not break. He then fires through the passenger window which does shatter. No idea why or how that could happen, unless the windscreen is very strong.

If the windscreen did not break, where the bullets fell? did they ricocheted? surely they ricocheted somewhere. (I did not see the video by the way.)

The shooter Tarant said his hope was that this in turn would "spark a civil war" and that "eventually", it would lead to "the balkanization of the US".

I watched the video, in part, (it really disturbed me) and I saw nothing that would suggest it wasn't the real thing, EXCEPT, what Anka mentioned about him firing three shotgun blasts from inside his car directly at the windscreen, which does not break. He then fires through the passenger window which does shatter. No idea why or how that could happen, unless the windscreen is very strong.

Added: there ARE cracks in the windscreen as seen on the video.

I watched that part. I don't want to watch more of it. Here is how the car of the guy looked like after it was over:

8f2c7968-22fa-4c86-9f83-4bff8d6d445d.jpg

Notice that it was damaged one side by the ram action from the police mentioned here and here:

1552693135531.png

And corroborated by this eyewitness:

The bullet holes you see on the car above are consistent as far as I can see with the direction the guy in the video is shooting three times at the windshield. Du to the angle of the camera on the guys head and the rather bad quality of the footage, combined with more light being present outside of the car, I would conclude that you simply can hardly see those holes in the video. What you see though in certain angles in the video is a whitish spot exactly where the wholes are now on the car.

The damage which came from a shotgun at this close range is also consistent with this video:

If we look at the damage in the first picture above, we can try to think as follows; if we would film from inside the car as the guy did with such a bad resolution, the most we would see of this damage is the faint white spot between the holes and the small outlines around the holes. The holes themselves would simply be almost non visible since a clear windshield is almost indistinguishable from a hole in a bad footage like this looking against a light source (outside surroundings) from a darker place (inside the car).

Last edited:
That text from the article is now gone.
Well, this is all very confusing. I reopened the link from my history and also clicked on the link in my post #43. Both still have 'The hero tried to chase and he couldn't find the trigger in the gun... he ran behind him but there were people waiting for him in the car and he fled,' Mr Mazharuddin added.

The way the article is written is like each sentence is a paragraph and the above sentence is the fifth above the Mail Online Video at the end of the article. However, there does seem to be contradictions if I'm understanding the scenario correctly. The bolded sentence above supposedly is referencing Mr. Aziz:

Witness Syed Mazharuddin said he also saw a second hero - believed to be Mr Aziz - at the Linwood Masjid mosque, the second to be attacked.

And yet, Mr. Aziz says nothing about additional people waiting in the car:

Reliving the attack, Mr Aziz said he ran outside screaming in a bid to cause a distraction.

He said the gunman ran back to his car to get another gun, so he threw a credit card machine at him.

He said he could hear his two youngest sons, 11 and five, urging him to come back inside.

The gunman returned firing but Mr Aziz said he ran past parked cars which prevented him from being shot.

Mr Aziz spotted a gun the attacker had dropped and picked it up.

He pointed it and squeezed the trigger but it was empty.

He said the gunman ran back to the car for a second time to grab another weapon.

'He gets into his car and I just got the gun and threw it on his window like an arrow and blasted his window,' he said.

'The windshield shattered, that's why he got scared.'

He said the gunman was cursing at him, yelling that he was going to kill them all.

But he drove away and Mr Aziz said he chased the car down the street to a red light before it made a U-turn and sped away.

Online videos indicate police officers managed to force the car from the road and drag out the suspect soon after.
If one has ever witnessed an incident that later gets written up in the media, it usually leaves one wondering if the same event was even attended?!! So, there's that to take into consideration. But no quote from Mr. Aziz about others in the car. It does seem like Tarrant was the only shooter but questionable as to him having accomplices.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to embed the Mail Online vid in the article. However, this is what Mr. Aziz says at 28 seconds in:
... and then I run from the other side, he drops his gun, and because I had this other gun on me as well and he just run.
Again, an armed citizen saves the day, but gun confiscation is the solution to preventing terror attacks! I have to think the PTB had a hand in this attack one way or another and, of course, using it to the max to push their control narrative.

Posted the last entry before seeing most recent post w/ picture of the car - with windshield intact except for 3 bullet holes???? Maybe a 2nd car w/ accomplices was involved?

Don't have the reference handy, but more than once view prediction by I believe a professor, that the USA would break up like Soviet Union did - Balkanized if you will.

FWIW - valid accounts of more than one Lee Harvey Oswald seen in same time periods at completely different locations in Dallas. Could this be another case of dopplegangers involved in an attack? Or a doppleganger car!

The shooter Tarant said his hope was that this in turn would "spark a civil war" and that "eventually", it would lead to "the balkanization of the US".

Added: there ARE cracks in the windscreen as seen on the video.

The bullet holes you see on the car above are consistent as far as I can see with the direction the guy in the video is shooting three times at the windshield. Du to the angle of the camera on the guys head and the rather bad quality of the footage, combined with more light being present outside of the car, I would conclude that you simply can hardly see those holes in the video. What you see though in certain angles in the video is a whitish spot exactly where the wholes are now on the car.

If we look at the damage in the first picture above, we can try to think as follows; if we would film from inside the car as the guy did with such a bad resolution, the most we would see of this damage is the faint white spot between the holes and the small outlines around the holes. The holes themselves would simply be almost non visible since a clear windshield is almost indistinguishable from a hole in a bad footage like this looking against a light source (outside surroundings) from a darker place (inside the car).

A shotgun has the most energy when a lead shot leaves the barrel and should make a bigger hole as it can be seen in the picture. Maybe for these windows the shot was too fast to break entirely, depending also on the window.

Here is a video of a guy shooting a rifle from inside a car (of course, rifle ammunition is thinner and much faster/stronger):

Thanks to all for clarifying lots of stuff for me and bringing on additional facts. There are so many things to ponder and when the issue is so emotional, the mind just does not want to function properly.

Back
Top Bottom