49 victims in shootings at 2 New Zealand mosques

I get your point, RedFox, for sure. And to clarify, I am not influenced by playing video games, don't do any - it was just a comparison as I have seen people playing some. Don't you get a strange feeling when that guy uses an automatic gun and you don't see any damage to the stuff around him? I would really expect at least few bullets hitting glass etc. I couldn't see any.

Hi anka, the reason why you see 'blood' clearly in video games when another player is 'shot', is so that the player can see they hit another player. In real life, it is quite different as RedFox pointed out. Also, when he shot through the left window of his car, the window clearly broke. I'm not sure what you mean by stuff around him. He was aiming at people. I'm sure that the area where it happened, bullet holes/damage can be found in walls/elsewhere. It's not a fake, people were killed!

Hi anka, the reason why you see 'blood' clearly in video games when another player is 'shot', is so that the player can see they hit another player. In real life, it is quite different as RedFox pointed out. Also, when he shot through the left window of his car, the window clearly broke. I'm not sure what you mean by stuff around him. He was aiming at people. I'm sure that the area where it happened, bullet holes/damage can be found in walls/elsewhere. It's not a fake, people were killed!
I mean the situation concerning shooting in the mosque and through the windscreen. I may have a blind spot there because I have never been in such a situation and watching it did not make any sense to me. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone who suffered as a result of the attack, Oxajil. There are just moments in the video that from my layman point of view look unreal. That does not mean that I am refusing to accept people died in the attack. There could be other reasons. This particular video might not be authentic for example. And I am only sharing what I found - it might be a wrong find, I could make nonsensical assumptions, no doubt, but I thought I would share to see what others have got to say. That's why the network is here.

Haven't we all been waiting for this to be pinned on a "lone gunman/wolf"? Fox News on the radio station I listen to is saying only one gunman - what a surprise! Just another false flag to advance the real agenda. Ramp up the fear - gun control for all - white men evil - mass illegal immigration good - Trump out - Bolton/Pompeo in! I can hardly stand all this contrived crap anymore!

Jeep i agree with you but we have to remember this world is heading for a major shake up again. Its is full of hate,war,sin and poverty. We know from our reading here that things gonna get hotter and we move closer.The MSM is their tool to spread lies and propaganda to increase the hatred among Muslin toward Judaism and Christians. We have to prepare ourselves for what is left to come from these psychopaths.
It's so good to see the closure of synagogues today in solidarity with the Muslims. NZ is such a peaceful and lovely country.

Watched a video where the the host claimed that the AOS (Armed Offenders Squad of NZ) where carrying out an exercise on the same day, however, haven't been able to find any source for the allegation. Post here if anyone find any links. Thanks.

And it looks likes the story is morphing to a 'lone gunman'. - Source

Commissioner Bush said two people, a man and a woman, were arrested at a police cordon during the operation on Friday.

He said they had gone to "assist children in the area to get them safely, but did decide to arm themselves".

The woman was released without charge, while the man was charged with firearms offences, he said.

An 18-year-old man was also arrested during the course of the operation and will appear in court on Monday.

However, that arrest was "tangential to this matter and we do not believe that he was involved in this attack either", Commissioner Bush said.

Last edited:
Watched a video where the the host claimed that the AOS (Armed Offenders Squad of NZ) where carrying out an exercise on the same day, however, haven't been able to find any source for the allegation. Post here if anyone find any links. Thanks.

And it looks likes the story is morphing to a 'lone gunman'. - Source

Hardly a surprise. They wasted no time jumping on the gun ban and no doubt will try to introduce other Orwellian measures. If I were to take a guess,I'd say that this will affect not only Zealand,but Aussie politics as well.

I am a New Zealander and followed the story as it broke. I agree the narrative has changed and it was confirmed originally to be an organised terror attack by the police commissioner when he updated the public. But I think it must be considered that the violent white supremist skinhead movement is actually responsible for this. The skinheads have been in Christchurch for decades, and yes they are known to be violent. You can easily find evidence in previous news stories of their violent attacks on non-whites. You can also to people who are of darker skin who have spent time there that have experienced the terror of their actions- they are a nasty bunch. Knowing the gunman had a presence in an extremist online community it would be easy to stir this group of people up. It also would be easy for him to find supporters in Christchurch. I think it is most likely that someone or something behind the scenes egged this guy on to perform this violent act i.e. seeded the idea.

I mean the situation concerning shooting in the mosque and through the windscreen. I may have a blind spot there because I have never been in such a situation and watching it did not make any sense to me. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone who suffered as a result of the attack, Oxajil. There are just moments in the video that from my layman point of view look unreal. That does not mean that I am refusing to accept people died in the attack. There could be other reasons. This particular video might not be authentic for example. And I am only sharing what I found - it might be a wrong find, I could make nonsensical assumptions, no doubt, but I thought I would share to see what others have got to say. That's why the network is here.

No worries, anka, it's good that you share your doubts. To me, it looked horribly real. The graphics were not that sharp which could have made it look unreal to some, perhaps. It's not the first time people say that such footage looks unreal, I think they're trying to keep the focus away of what actually happened: Several shooters attacking people and the narrative being turned into a lone gunman, with the attacks having the purpose to divide and conquer the public. (To clarify: I'm referring to the person who wrote the article you mentioned for example, and others who wrote similar things in the past.)

Last edited:
The shooter Tarant said his hope was that this in turn would "spark a civil war" and that "eventually", it would lead to "the balkanization of the US".
No worries, anka, it's good that you share your doubts. To me, it looked horribly real. The graphics were not that sharp which could have made it look unreal to some, perhaps. It's not the first time people say that such footage looks unreal, I think they're trying to keep the focus away of what actually happened: Several shooters attacking people and the narrative being turned into a lone gunman, with the attacks having the purpose to divide and conquer the public. (To clarify: I'm referring to the person who wrote the article you mentioned for example, and others who wrote similar things in the past.)

I watched the video, in part, (it really disturbed me) and I saw nothing that would suggest it wasn't the real thing, EXCEPT, what Anka mentioned about him firing three shotgun blasts from inside his car directly at the windscreen, which does not break. He then fires through the passenger window which does shatter. No idea why or how that could happen, unless the windscreen is very strong.

Added: there ARE cracks in the windscreen as seen on the video.

Last edited:
ABC News in Australia is pushing the 'lone wolf' narrative. Here's an opinion piece from an academic (chair in global Islamic politics at the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation at Deakin University) that they republished:

..Explaining how 50 people came to be killed, and almost as many badly injured, in Christchurch's double massacre of Muslims at prayer is heartbreaking but relatively straightforward.

As with so many mass murders in recent years, the use of an assault rifle, the ubiquitous AR15, oxymoronically referred to as "the civilian M-16", explains how one cowardly killer could be so lethal.

It was much the same in the Pulse nightclub in Orlando three years ago, when one gunman shot dead 49 people in a crowded space and, though the motive appears very different, the same sort of military instrument of death lies behind the 58 deaths in Las Vegas a year later.

So it looks like the main narrative elements are: AR-15, one gunman, although the descriptor "the same sort of military instrument of death" may be truer than the author realises.

It is a credit to the peaceful nature of New Zealand society that, despite the open availability of weapons like the AR15, the last time there was a mass shooting was in 1997. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern rightly identified reform of gun laws as one of the immediate outcomes required in response to this tragedy..

This makes no sense. After framing the AR-15 as some horrific doomsday weapon, the author then unintentionally points out that, despite its open availability, New Zealand hasn't had a mass shooting in 20+ years! Rather than the absence of AR-15s, this is credited to the "peaceful nature of New Zealand society". Yet reform of gun laws is "rightly" one of the "immediate outcomes required"!

State and federal police in Australia have long warned that, next to the immediate threat posed by Salafi jihadi terrorism, they are most concerned about the steady rise of right-wing extremism. There has been some comfort in the recognition that the most active right-wing extremist groups, and there are many, are disorganised, poorly led, and attract but small crowds.

On the face of it, then, right-wing extremism in Australia is nowhere near as serious
as the neo-Nazi movements of Europe..

More contradictions. "Police have long warned about right-wing extremism that is disorganised, poorly led and that people mostly ignore." Wha..?

.. lone-actor attacks.. are notoriously difficult to predict.

One of the main reasons authorities struggle with identifying right-wing extremist "nobodies" who post online, before they turn to violence, is that it's difficult to pick up a clear signal in the noise of a national discourse increasingly dominated by exactly the same narrative elements of mistrust, anxiety, and a blaming of the other..

No-one put it better than The Project host Waleed Aly in saying that Friday's terrorist attacks, although profoundly disturbing, did not come as a shocking surprise.

Perhaps because Australia is so identified with US 'culture' that they can't step back and realise that it's actually very, very abnormal for something like the Christchurch shootings to occur in Australia or New Zealand? 😳

I'll spare you the rest. To summarise:

- Lone wolf attack.
- Gun control good.
- Islamic terror bad.
- Right-wing terror bad.
- Everyone is yelling at each other over racism and refugees, therefore terrorism.
- Massive counter-terrorist spy government didn't notice the terrorists because of all the yelling.
- Therefore government needs more powers to watch everyone much more closely.

It would actually be funny if 50 people weren't dead. 😐

I'll spare you the rest. To summarise:

- Lone wolf attack.
- Gun control good.
- Islamic terror bad.
- Right-wing terror bad.
- Everyone is yelling at each other over racism and refugees, therefore terrorism.
- Massive counter-terrorist spy government didn't notice the terrorists because of all the yelling.
- Therefore government needs more powers to watch everyone much more closely.

Very well summarised Ryan, thank you. What more could we expect from the Murdoch owned media here in Oz?

The shooter Tarant said his hope was that this in turn would "spark a civil war" and that "eventually", it would lead to "the balkanization of the US".

I watched the video, in part, (it really disturbed me) and I saw nothing that would suggest it wasn't the real thing, EXCEPT, what Anka mentioned about him firing three shotgun blasts from inside his car directly at the windscreen, which does not break. He then fires through the passenger window which does shatter. No idea why or how that could happen, unless the windscreen is very strong.

I watched it too and it seemed 100% real to me, very disturbing. I agree that movies and video games have given us expectations that don't necessarily match reality. As for the windshield, they are way more resistant than the side windows of cars - I just didn't know they were that resistant. The quality of the video is not super, but you can still see that when he shoots, the glass looks 'stained' (i.e. cracked if we had better definition image, I'm sure). One thing is certain, the technology to make glass which is even explosion resistant already exists. The glass will crack but will not fall apart. I don't suppose a windshield is that strong, but maybe it's not far off. Manufacturers have to consider that a small pebble might hit it at 200 km/h on a highway, which is probably as bad as some bullets.

I wanted to see how the video ended. We just see the guy driving away on the street. It would be interesting to track on google maps where he is heading to, cause according to the most recent version of events, he is the sole shooter and he immediately went to the other mosque to do some more shooting - but did he really? At first they were talking of "simultaneous multiple attacks". I bet we won't be hearing anymore about the school up north, where another body was seen and a guy dressed in camouflage (not in black) was caught, and the explosives that apparently were found in cars on other streets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom