7 Cowardly Words From A Totally Sexist Stranger Sparked This Courageous Response

Lisa Guliani

The Living Force
A man responds to a comment he overheard another man say to a woman on the bus.

Really powerful!! This is what the truth sounds like.
The truth is not 'beige'. It's on fire. :perfect:

http://www.upworthy.com/7-cowardly-words-from-a-totally-sexist-stranger-sparked-this-courageous?c=ufb1

Thanks for sharing this Lisa! Art, courage, objective reality, talent and passion, all rolled into one magnificent poetic statement revealing & exposing the perverse dark-side. :perfect:

Yes, truly powerful. Our so-called civilization needs more men like him.

:perfect:

Thanks for sharing this.

Such powerful, meaningful poetry.
We need more, much more, of this, in our warped, perverted, and corrupt world.

Thanks for sharing Lisa! This was indeed powerful, and well done. I think I could see the pain in the poet's eyes.

That man and his message gripped, squeezed and twisted my heart. Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

Endymion said:
Yes, truly powerful. Our so-called civilization needs more men like him.

:perfect:

Thanks for sharing this.

I echo what Endymion said! Thank you Lisa. I'll be passing this one around.

The imagery and tone he used was too viscerally powerful. Felt like my skin was being grated. I could barely listen to the whole thing.

Rape is indeed ugly. I can only imagine what sort of effect it can have on someone. Ok, I can't even imagine that. Probably unbearable.

Definitely a poem that I wish to remember and bookmark. I agree with all the comments above. We can see the pain in his face and hear it in his voice and he knows how to reach people with his special gift.
To me poems or people like this artist (what is his name?) bring healing. The same goes for Aleta Edwards (from 'Fear of the Abyss') who was a guest on the SOTT radio show. These people can really speak with compassion and that is what you hear. OSIT. It is not just the words, it is the way they say it and it is their tone.

Good find, Lisa and thanks for sharing. It is so good to know that there are still compassionate people out there. Videos like these can reinforce and encourage the good in others.

Thank you for sharing. He said many things I wish I was brave enough to, in a format I have tried myself to help process my own experiences.

Very powerful and heart felt. Thank you for sharing. Raw Eloquence - a voice for the victims. Rape is far more prevalent than people dare imagine - the "unspoken". It strikes a deep chord.

I was raped at 21, and both my sisters too about the same age, all in different circumstances, all not 'asking for it', and in all cases the perpetrator not found. But for ALL 3 girls in just ONE family to have undergone such barbaric attacks proves the kanker infesting our planet. This was in the 70's must be far worse now, notwithstanding the 'spoils of wars', psychopaths and paedophile rings.

Back
Top Bottom