A depressing (objective ?) vision of the after-life

I agree. The best advice ever given to me was "accept no gifts or offerences of wisdom by anyone. Don't believe anything anyone has to say, do the work to find the truth yourself." I think the feeding frenzy may be connected to the fact that 1/2 of all humans have no soul, and they copy the souls of the soulful from a 'river' of energy. If this is true, then perhaps the only feeding would be of those who are returning to the 'river.'

Russ said:
I think that when you die, and if there happens to be an afterlife, you should apply the same discernment as you do in your life right now. I don't think psychic powers are necessary to be safe from manipulation - I think what the C's said may apply - "Traps don't exist [...]. Free will could not be abridged if you had not obliged".

Just to expand on what I meant - being psychic isn't a priority for me. I'm more interested in objective reality, truth seeking, weeding out any "mess" in my mind etc. If pyschic powers come as a result of that, then so be it.

The problem I have with someone who says that phychic powers are necessary after death, is that there are too many possibilities. I think, if you believe it, then you've already been manipulated to believe something which may or may not be true. What use are psychic abilities if you can still be manipulated "through" those abilities (just like we are manipulated through our eyes and ears)?

So, to elaborate on what I orignally said: I think that psychic abilities are almost useless in an "uncertain" afterlife, without having first "primed" the mind for them. Psychic ability married with a "smart" mind could be a good combination, but psychic abilities on their own may not be that useful. Maybe they would be useful against humans, but not something that is an expert - that is aware of its mind being read. So I do think that being psychic could be useful, but only after having reached a certain stage in discernment, otherwise it could even be more misleading, OSIT.

Another thing is, I think the main thing about defining an afterlife is memories. If you don't have any memories of a beforelife, you won't know that its an afterlife. We are more than our memories IMO - for the most part people are born on this planet without any memory of a beforelife, yet they are a certain type of person. It makes me wonder - where do these "types" come from - are they only derived from biology/dna (or is dna derived from this "type"?), our "formative years", or do they also come from somewhere else, and if so - where?

The "type" of person seems to have many "parts" which characterise it. Some people seem to be born more discerning than others, some are born more empathic than others, some are born as psychopaths, etc. So I think this is a very interesting area to study when thinking about the afterlife - its the type of being you are which seems to determine what kind of life you are going to lead in any kind of life, and also it seems that it is what is more "guaranteed" to survive "transitions".

Russ said:
So I do think that being psychic could be useful, but only after having reached a certain stage in discernment, otherwise it could even be more misleading, OSIT.
I agree. But what to do with people who have psychic abilities from birth ? Would it mean that they have acquired, in a past life, the necessary discernement to use them correctly, and thus they are born that way?
Or it would mean nothing at all and is just part of their genes? I remember a passage in Secret History where it mentions a family who had the power to ease burns just by touching the burnt area on the person. This seemed to be an ability that was passed on through generations. BUT as they were described, these people didn't seem to be quite spiritually evolved - some were alcoholics, there were stories of abuse in the family, etc.

Returning to the afterlife (as I'm still struggling with that question), if some "dead dudes" still wonder around the earth then it means they didn't take the conduit to go to 5D, doesn't it ? If so, why ?
But I also wonder if, once people are in 5D, they can come back punctually and communicate with living people, as did some "dead dudes" that communicated with Laura using the ouija board.
Afraid that on these matters one can only speculate!

Prayers for rain said:
Returning to the afterlife (as I'm still struggling with that question), if some "dead dudes" still wonder around the earth then it means they didn't take the conduit to go to 5D, doesn't it ? If so, why ?
Free will. Lack of awareness, knowledge etc. Wishful thinking. Any number of reason and it could be connected with an inability to 'let go' of this density and move on.

Prayers for rain said:
But I also wonder if, once people are in 5D, they can come back punctually and communicate with living people, as did some "dead dudes" that communicated with Laura using the ouija board.
Afraid that on these matters one can only speculate!
They were 6th density beings, pretty well developed spiritually. Much better to talk to than "dead dudes' who don't know any better. They have the advantage of being quite free of wishful thinking and ignorance.

People cycle out of 5th density all the time (when they die), its just that some of them are so attached to 3rd density that they don't want to 'move on'. Same prinicple applies to some people physically incarnated in 3rd density too.

AFAIK Laura did talk to some dead people on the ouija board before communicating with the Cs, including a little girl who was worried about following her mother into a "light". It seems that some dead people may be able to pick up on Ouija board communications. I would imagine a lot of them may not be very friendly, looking for some way to spite the living, ie. pretending to be higher beings etc. Not that all dead people would be like that but I can see why they might be, it can't be nice to be in a world where you are surrounded by people who have no idea you are there.

Ruth said:
Prayers for rain said:
Free will. Lack of awareness, knowledge etc. Wishful thinking. Any number of reason and it could be connected with an inability to 'let go' of this density and move on.
That's what I find strange. If only people with knowledge and awareness do go to 5thD and the other ones are stuck on the earth plane because they're ignorant, there mustn't be a lot of people who go to 5D then.

They were 6th density beings, pretty well developed spiritually. Much better to talk to than "dead dudes' who don't know any better. They have the advantage of being quite free of wishful thinking and ignorance.
Sorry for not being precise : I was speaking about the dead people Laura contacted with the ouija board prior to getting into contact with the C's. One was called Jordan and thought he was coming from another planet, belonging to some "galactic configuration" or whatever.
There are also the dead people who get attached to a living person, on whom Laura practiced spirit detachment to send them to the light (ie 5th density conduit?).

People can only see what their awareness allows them to 'see.' If one dies and has the soul study of the level of a religion like christianity, then they will see what they have worked to see. If that means they meet what they think are mom and their long sense dead baby sister, then that is whom they will meet, simply because they need to get to 'work' and figure out what path would benifit them the most. Incarnation back to earth or contemplation of reincarnation back to earth.

The ghosts are people who have severe attachments to the physcial, and their "self" in general, their manner of dying in particular. Sociopathic behavor isn't just of this world.

Sickness of the soul is very common. A spiritual teacher of mine said this: "To affect one 'body' is to effect all of them." If you think of the soul as a body, and the soul is ill or dis-eased, than one's physical, mental and emotional body will also be at dis-ease.

aprilfool said:
People can only see what their awareness allows them to 'see.'
This is not necessarily true. People can see things without being aware of these things - taking into account the standard definition of the awareness. Experiments with hypnosis reveal these facts.

aprilfool said:
If one dies and has the soul study of the level of a religion like christianity, then they will see what they have worked to see.
This is your assumption, or belief. And yet you are stating it as fact. How can you know what people "see after their death"? Perhaps they see nothing, bceause they miss their eyes? You should try to learn how to distinguish beliefs from facts. This can be very handy on some occasions :)

aprilfool said:
If that means they meet what they think are mom and their long sense dead baby sister, then that is whom they will meet, simply because they need to get to 'work' and figure out what path would benifit them the most. Incarnation back to earth or contemplation of reincarnation back to earth.
This is your assumption, or belief. And yet you are stating it as fact.

aprilfool said:
The ghosts are people who have severe attachments to the physcial, and their "self" in general, their manner of dying in particular. Sociopathic behavor isn't just of this world.
This is your assumption, or belief. And yet you are stating it as fact. You should try to learn how to distinguish beliefs from facts. This can be very handy on some occasions :)

aprilfool said:
Sickness of the soul is very common.
This is your assumption, or belief. And yet you are stating it as fact. You should try to learn how to distinguish beliefs from facts. This can be very handy on some occasions :)

aprilfool said:
A spiritual teacher of mine said this: "To affect one 'body' is to effect all of them." If you think of the soul as a body, and the soul is ill or dis-eased, than one's physical, mental and emotional body will also be at dis-ease.
This is at least one fact: that your spiritual teacher told you something. But do you realize that there are millions of "spiritual teachers" around and they tell all kinds of things that often contradict one another? Think of it. And when you think of it - ask yourself: what makes you think that YOUR spiritual teacher knows anything at all? Apparently he did not teach you how to distinguish beliefs from facts. Not a good sign :)

I post as facts that I have worked to see. :) Your facts that you have worked to see is your own awarenesses. I guess I should have said 'in my opinion/in my experience.' My 'teacher' has told me nothing that I haven't experienced myself. My appologies if I've offended you by not posting more objectively.

As far as your post itself goes, you bring up some very good points. People experience things out of their awareness all of the time, you claim. My opinion on that (see I'm learning....) is that most people don't know at what point their 'soul' is developed. Just because the gray matter of the brain doesn't realize things that they are unaware of, doesn't mean that the 'soul' doesn't know. Most likely you are unaware of your past lives, it doesn't mean that your 'soul' does not remember them.

Awareness isn't about the gray matter, it's about the awareness of the soul. That's what this whole 'thing' is about. :)

ark said:
aprilfool said:
This is not necessarily true. People can see things without being aware of these things - taking into account the standard definition of the awareness. Experiments with hypnosis reveal these facts.

aprilfool said:
If one dies and has the soul study of the level of a religion like christianity, then they will see what they have worked to see.
This is your assumption, or belief. And yet you are stating it as fact. How can you know what people "see after their death"? Perhaps they see nothing, bceause they miss their eyes? You should try to learn how to distinguish beliefs from facts. This can be very handy on some occasions :)

aprilfool said:
If that means they meet what they think are mom and their long sense dead baby sister, then that is whom they will meet, simply because they need to get to 'work' and figure out what path would benifit them the most. Incarnation back to earth or contemplation of reincarnation back to earth.

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:
A spiritual teacher of mine said this: "To affect one 'body' is to effect all of them." If you think of the soul as a body, and the soul is ill or dis-eased, than one's physical, mental and emotional body will also be at dis-ease.
This is at least one fact: that your spiritual teacher told you something. But do you realize that there are millions of "spiritual teachers" around and they tell all kinds of things that often contradict one another? Think of it. And when you think of it - ask yourself: what makes you think that YOUR spiritual teacher knows anything at all? Apparently he did not teach you how to distinguish beliefs from facts. Not a good sign :)

On second thought, how do you know or believe anything that you know and believe? Your teachers are a dime a dozen as well. It isn't what a teacher teaches that matters at all (in my opinion/unfactually, from my experience - thanks for teaching me that) it's what you learn from what they teach.

ark said:
aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:

aprilfool said:
My 'teacher' has told me nothing that I haven't experienced myself.
Did you receive this "teaching" before or after said experiences? If it was after you were "taught", is it not possible that the "lessons" that you received colored your experience? Just some thoughts. :)

Kris

aprilfool said:
It isn't what a teacher teaches that matters at all (in my opinion/unfactually, from my experience - thanks for teaching me that) it's what you learn from what they teach.
I would have thought that with a decent teacher there would be a VERY close correlation between the two!

Prayers for rain said:
Russ said:
So I do think that being psychic could be useful, but only after having reached a certain stage in discernment, otherwise it could even be more misleading, OSIT.
I agree. But what to do with people who have psychic abilities from birth ? Would it mean that they have acquired, in a past life, the necessary discernement to use them correctly, and thus they are born that way?
Or it would mean nothing at all and is just part of their genes? I remember a passage in Secret History where it mentions a family who had the power to ease burns just by touching the burnt area on the person. This seemed to be an ability that was passed on through generations. BUT as they were described, these people didn't seem to be quite spiritually evolved - some were alcoholics, there were stories of abuse in the family, etc.
Just an idea but I am not sure that the gain of psychic abilites is necessarily linear (from one life to the next).

What if your life as a whole could be seen like a sphere, where you would have STS and STO orientations all over the surface, you could have parts of you already oriented towards STO (given that healing abilities would be STS but towards STO for example) and other parts firmly STS.
It could be shifting depending on your choices.

I realize how difficult I can express my idea :|

You may have failures and still have some kind of psychic abilities due maybe to specific genes passed on to you but not as a gift because you've been "good".

aprilfool said:
I post as facts that I have worked to see. :) Your facts that you have worked to see is your own awarenesses. I guess I should have said 'in my opinion/in my experience.' My 'teacher' has told me nothing that I haven't experienced myself. My appologies if I've offended you by not posting more objectively.

As far as your post itself goes, you bring up some very good points. People experience things out of their awareness all of the time, you claim. My opinion on that (see I'm learning....) is that most people don't know at what point their 'soul' is developed. Just because the gray matter of the brain doesn't realize things that they are unaware of, doesn't mean that the 'soul' doesn't know.
And it does not mean that the "soul" does know. We do not even know what the "soul" is. We do not know whether the soul cares at all about
"ordinary things".

Another point: you are telling us about your "experiences". You see, experiences can be subjective too. Think of "hallucination experiences". So, your experience is indeed a "fact", bu it concernes YOU, not necessarily the objective reality outside you. It may mean something for YOU, but has no meaning or value for other people. The devil, as always, is in the details. Do not forget about these details. If you forget - the devil may get you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom