A marriage proposal

Starshine

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I did my proposal to @Lys this Friday, it has been an objective since long and I want to share it with you as it's been moving many people.
It was a good set of opportunity that made me think it would be the right moment.
It's been seven years we're together this month. I was dressed as a butcher as I was doing my discovery apprenticeship in butchery, and Lys is dressed as a fishmonger, because that's what she does on the weekend since several months.
Friday, we were on the same local market. The merchants of this little market decided to reinstate an old practice, an announcer reads out loud diverse announcements, from local news update to service marketing, passing by quotes, needed help and whatever else.

I decided to pick up an extract from Paul, 1 CORINTHIANS 13, and to have it read by the announcer.

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

I did my proposal to @Lys this Friday, it has been an objective since long and I want to share it with you as it's been moving many people.
It was a good set of opportunity that made me think it would be the right moment.
It's been seven years we're together this month. I was dressed as a butcher as I was doing my discovery apprenticeship in butchery, and Lys is dressed as a fishmonger, because that's what she does on the weekend since several months.
Friday, we were on the same local market. The merchants of this little market decided to reinstate an old practice, an announcer reads out loud diverse announcements, from local news update to service marketing, passing by quotes, needed help and whatever else.

I decided to pick up an extract from Paul, 1 CORINTHIANS 13, and to have it read by the announcer.

What a blessed gift, sharing this Beautiful, Heartwarming and LOVE filled experience with all of us on the Forum!

That was such a wonderful idea, and look at how all the Laughter and Joy shared by your Community of merchants at the market wrapped around you both!

Congratulations, I have tears of happiness and such sweet JOY in my heart and soul for you Both.
Your choice of 1st Corinthians did me in as well.
It is a part of my Hearts fabric, as my Husband and I read it to each other in our Wedding Vows nearly 30 years ago.
Bless you Both, Oh Happy Day!

It's been seven years we're together this month.

"...
I4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. "

Congratulations to both of you @Starshine and @Lys.
Thanks to share.

Let inner beauty shine. May the inner forces multiply thanks to your Love.

It is good to engage in Love and to share this Joy.

The extract from Paul in points 4,5,6,7 and 8 may accompany you ...

Que la beauté intérieure rayonne. Que les forces intérieures se multiplient grâce à votre Amour.
C'est bon de s'engager dans l'Amour et de partager cette Joie.
L'extrait de Paul dans les points 4,5,6,7 et 8 puissent vous accompagner...

Thank you both for sharing and congratulations to both of you! The little vid is heartwarming! Starshine out of the box, hihi. I love the joy on your faces and the laughter and good humour in the crowd! Wish you all the best, live long and grow old together and enjoy it! Hugs to you both and flowers for the beautiful lady Lys!

Back
Top Bottom