A marriage proposal

I did my proposal to @Lys this Friday, it has been an objective since long and I want to share it with you as it's been moving many people.
It was a good set of opportunity that made me think it would be the right moment.
It's been seven years we're together this month. I was dressed as a butcher as I was doing my discovery apprenticeship in butchery, and Lys is dressed as a fishmonger, because that's what she does on the weekend since several months.
Friday, we were on the same local market. The merchants of this little market decided to reinstate an old practice, an announcer reads out loud diverse announcements, from local news update to service marketing, passing by quotes, needed help and whatever else.

I decided to pick up an extract from Paul, 1 CORINTHIANS 13, and to have it read by the announcer.

That's super sweet! Congratulations to you both!

Thank you all for those heartwarming comments! It was a stressful moment to me as I had to walk up the street hidden in the box in which I made holes for the eyes, hoping she wouldn't notice it. Once settled, I had time to breathe while the announcer was doing diverse announcements for 10 minutes or so. I needed it, my exhalation was tremulous! I am sure that noticing a walking box intrigued many people wondering what was going to happen.

The funny thing is that Lys didn't even notice the box! :lol: It's like the famous Gorilla passing by.

I had my diverse doubts and decided it was going to be perfect the way it was going to be. This action has been reverberating a lot and viscerally, it's been an example of the power of action, of doing. Not letting my inner predator win and constrict myself.
Taking the bull by its horns is worth it.
Also, I probably would have put this idea aside if I hadn't shared it and received feedback to indicate me that it was the best idea I had, even though the most challenging to me. The predator lost its traction by sharing.

Thank you again for your wishes. Gratitude for the continuous inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom