A Warning Dream

Adam said:
well Namaste I worked at that place for 3 years and until I had started to do the work, things went worse there, there were also more petty tyrants there against me, letting me do the hard work for example or telling me to work faster.. while I was faster then most people there...I didn't mind doing my work faster or whatever according to them, I learned from the petty tyrants more lessons, but when he came things seriously became different he became a good friend and then when I saw that game room I saw the intention of the Matrix and it made me angry and I had enough of it.

So I do not regret one single minute that I quit that job, I actually don't see it as running away from my problem but acting in favor of my own destiny...if that makes sense..

I can always get another job...but you are right about one thing that the matrix will always send other units to stop you from proceeding.. so maybe it doesn't make a difference to even have another job at all...you will always have to deal with these kind of people.
Here are some thoughtst;

Adam said:
I just have no time, and I realize one part inside of me feels sorry for letting him down
There you are acting in favor of your destiny and you do not have to feel sorry for that. The question is why do you fell sorry? Surely something to learn in that.

And could be to help you to realise if it is not already done, that it is a lonely way and in choosing the Work we are choosing to be quite alone and we have to be very careful. . Not easy to have true friends because the Matrix is watching us.

Namaste said:
Not easy to have true friends because the Matrix is watching us.
When we are being involved with the Work or gaining knowledge, we tend to lose friends and the people whom we love. It's a sad truth...even when one is not doing the Work. When we are involved with a person, we tend to become blind in some way. As we learn and gain knowledge, we might come to realization that we are being in 'love' with or 'like' the person because of their 'personality' (what they are). When we changed within ourselves, our essence may grow and show itself while our personalities would be disappeared. Our so-called 'friends' would not like that and wanted us to change back to what they 'perceive' us to be. Who is to trust and how would we survive during this dangerous time? I believe that Work would help us keep in touch or direct us with someone of like-minded. Keep on the path. OSIT.

You know, it's funny (and I got to stop saying that, lol). When the whole Rachel/myspace was disconnecting from me during the last few days, I keeps hearing the high 'ringing' sound in my right ear as in feeling like I'm being monitored. Not sure if its stress-related. But, I will keep my weary eyes open.

I wonder if anyone involved with the Work or associated with the Truth ever had a "warning dream" during their begining stages of the soul quest. Much like shedding away your egos and your associations with STS? I sometime wonder if since we are on soul quest, we are greatly being influenced by STO through dreams.

Adam said:
well.. I have also tried that , it was one of my first tactics in the beginning but it didn't work, his wining kept on going
Your best approach then would be to make yourself as unpalatable to him as possible. Tell him you are involved in a relationship, but keep saying it. If he whines, laugh at him, tell him how ridiculous it is. Tell him that games are for children and that he should grow up. My guess is that he would not want to hear such things and would break off all contact. Also, you can block him from MSN, or keep yourself hidden so he doesn't know you are logged in.

Zadius Sky said:
I sometime wonder if since we are on soul quest, we are greatly being influenced by STO through dreams.
I'm not really sure about that. It seems - and I may be incorrect here - that that may be a violation of ones free will. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, STO does not influence "covertly", which seems to be what is happening in a dream. Dreams are more or less messages from our own subconscious, or higher self. True STO beings give all to those who ask.

beau said:
Dreams are more or less messages from our own subconscious, or higher self.
Perhaps, my 'warning' dream is a message telling me that I have reached the crossroad?

Perhaps my 'higher' self, not STO being, is telling me to move forward...to let go of the past (which explains why everyone from my k-12 school appeared in the dream) and to let go of any assoications with them. Only those who might hinders me away from my attention on the path. osit.

It's a thought.

beau said:
I'm not really sure about that. It seems - and I may be incorrect here - that that may be a violation of ones free will. If I'm understanding the situation correctly, STO does not influence "covertly", which seems to be what is happening in a dream. Dreams are more or less messages from our own subconscious, or higher self. True STO beings give all to those who ask.
That's a good point, although it's important to remember that dreams can be co-opted as well - not everything you dream necessarily comes from your own subconscious - at least to my understanding. And if a dream is 'directed' or 'co-opted' then it is not an STO influence doing such a thing - fwiw.

In this case, however, it does seem the message is pretty much what Zadius Sky has figured out, at least from my perspective.

anart said:
And if a dream is 'directed' or 'co-opted' then it is not an STO influence doing such a thing
That is a bit scary thought when our dreams can be influenced by STS. While it's true that dreams are the results or influenced either by our 'higher' self, our perception of possible future, our negative emotions (e.g., fear/lust), games played by dead dudes, or manipulations by STS, we would never know the true meaning or if we do, how do we know if we can trust it?

Since STO Beings (either 4D or 6D) cannot influence our dreams covertly, dreams can be subjected to a great deal of 'other' influences. So, like in life, we would need to discern the meaning/messages in dreams.

In my case, after thinking about it, it may be either my 'higher' self warning me of STS influences through Rachel or the STS itself 'seeded' within me to stay away. Here is what I was thinking: a dream telling me to stay away from Rachel, then two days later, Rachel telling me to stay away from her, then few days later, she told me not to be friends with her anymore (after 14 years of friendship, and for silly reasons), and because of her actions, I deleted my account on myspace and become social isolated. And, now I get harrassing text messages from her and here's the latest one: "Thanks 4 not talking to my friends and me. Ur doing a good job. Keep at it."

Then, I got to wondering...is it the intention of STS for me to fall into social isolation and cut any associations with my old friends (since we know how manipulative STS can be) or is it just that time of my life where I would need to change path and focus more on the Work?

Namaste said:
Adam said:
well Namaste I worked at that place for 3 years and until I had started to do the work, things went worse there, there were also more petty tyrants there against me, letting me do the hard work for example or telling me to work faster.. while I was faster then most people there...I didn't mind doing my work faster or whatever according to them, I learned from the petty tyrants more lessons, but when he came things seriously became different he became a good friend and then when I saw that game room I saw the intention of the Matrix and it made me angry and I had enough of it.

So I do not regret one single minute that I quit that job, I actually don't see it as running away from my problem but acting in favor of my own destiny...if that makes sense..

I can always get another job...but you are right about one thing that the matrix will always send other units to stop you from proceeding.. so maybe it doesn't make a difference to even have another job at all...you will always have to deal with these kind of people.
Here are some thoughtst;

Adam said:
I just have no time, and I realize one part inside of me feels sorry for letting him down
There you are acting in favor of your destiny and you do not have to feel sorry for that. The question is why do you fell sorry?Surely something to learn in that.

And could be to help you to realise if it is not already done, that it is a lonely way and in choosing the Work we are choosing to be quite alone and we have to be very careful. . Not easy to have true friends because the Matrix is watching us.
good question.. I think that the reason I feel sorry about this is because, I see some part of me inside of him and I thought I could help him, advice him to stop playing games etc, but it didn't work and I feel sorry because he is really on his own, and I can't violate his free will by forcing him to see what he is doing to himself, if he wants to get out of this system, he needs to realize it himself, if he wants to.

And yes.. most of the time we have to do the work alone, none around us understand it, they are to busy with their peaceful life, it seems as they just don't care about REALITY anymore.

I have lost some very good friends because of this work, but I have also gained a lot of new ones :)

Beau:
Your best approach then would be to make yourself as unpalatable to him as possible. Tell him you are involved in a relationship, but keep saying it. If he whines, laugh at him, tell him how ridiculous it is. Tell him that games are for children and that he should grow up. My guess is that he would not want to hear such things and would break off all contact. Also, you can block him from MSN, or keep yourself hidden so he doesn't know you are logged in.
Ye thank you for your advice, it is my last option.

Zadius_Sky
That is a bit scary thought when our dreams can be influenced by STS. While it's true that dreams are the results or influenced either by our 'higher' self, our perception of possible future, our negative emotions (e.g., fear/lust), games played by dead dudes, or manipulations by STS, we would never know the true meaning or if we do, how do we know if we can trust it?
I had a dream once when I was six or seven years old it kinda remained in the back of my head because it was pretty shocking,

I was sleeping in my bed near a window and suddenly a lightingbolt hit me from the sky and some sort of scream, I thought it was god and that he hated me and that being the reason that he hit me with a lightingbolt and scream, I never told it to anyone at that age of course because I was afraid of the thought and what my parents would think of me if they knew that god hated me.

the reason that I thought that it was god , was because I was told by my parents that god lived in the heavens above, in the sky, so a lighting bolt from there was probably a sign of him in my thought at that age.

now that I think about it, could it maybe be that demonic or scary projections in the dream of young children be the cause of STS actions, so they can feed on the negative emotions, a perfect self pity self-destruct program.

Zadius_Sky:
Then, I got to wondering...is it the intention of STS for me to fall into social isolation and cut any associations with my old friends (since we know how manipulative STS can be) or is it just that time of my life where I would need to change path and focus more on the Work?
I think one can do the work very well and also socialize but sometimes one just needs to act in favour of his own destiny.

ZS, if you regard some of your peers are worthy of keeping touch with, if there are some warm, honest and friendly people and you are being isolated from them - you might want to consider exposing Rachel for what she really is. However, that might be tough fight which would cost much of your energy so it's important to consider all pros and cons before doing anything.

Anyway..keep ALL messages from her - just in case Rachel wouldn't stop at present form of harrasement and expand her "activity". Gathering data would pay back in such scenario.

Adam said:
[I think one can do the work very well and also socialize but sometimes one just needs to act in favour of his own destiny.
Yes indeed, we are not monks and we do live in the society. And socializing can be a part of the work too if we use external considering.

Could it be STS influence to make you think that STS want to put you in social isolation in hopes you will "discover their plans" and do the opposite, so that you might skip/delay certain lessons to be learned that might result from "isolation" ?

And like others have already mentioned, I do not see why she should be making choices for you, whether you should hang out with other friends or not. She made a choice for herself, your mutual friends can decide on their own. She wants you to respect her free will, but she is an ignorant to yours. It's just plainly smells wrong.

j0da said:
you might want to consider exposing Rachel for what she really is. However, that might be tough fight which would cost much of your energy so it's important to consider all pros and cons before doing anything.

Anyway..keep ALL messages from her - just in case Rachel wouldn't stop at present form of harrasement and expand her "activity". Gathering data would pay back in such scenario.
While I do not believe in revenge (which tastes nasty btw), I do try to protect myself in some way. I don't like the idea of 'getting back' at someone, since I know it would be a waste of my time and energy. If Rachel would keep sending more harrassing text messages, even more than two weeks of it, I will take anart's advice - change my number. However, if that does not work and if she keeps showing up at my house or appearing at places where she knows I'll be at, I'll try something else. Yes, I'll have to consider all pros and cons before doing anything.

Adam said:
I think one can do the work very well and also socialize but sometimes one just needs to act in favour of his own destiny.
Yes, very true. We can't escape the society and socializing, and we do need to focus on acting in favor of our destiny.

Namaste said:
socializing can be a part of the work too if we use external considering.
What you just said is very important. I think I would need to start working/studying on 'external considering' and re-read Gurdjieff, and I very much hopes to apply it to my life. I believe I am in very early stage of the Work, and I sure do have a very long way to go.

agni said:
Could it be STS influence to make you think that STS want to put you in social isolation in hopes you will "discover their plans" and do the opposite, so that you might skip/delay certain lessons to be learned that might result from "isolation" ?
I do think that by being in isolation will delay/skip certain lessons, and I am trying to figure out other ways to learn. However, you may have a point there. Would I might 'discover' something that I should not be doing? That is a question. Well, then again...all is lessons.

Because my 'warning' dream affected me greatly, I wanted to look into more of these so-called 'warning' dreams. Since they are 'warning,' they might be from our 'higher' selves. It's a possibility.

I found one site as a possible explanation.

Precognitive Dreams, Premonitions & Warning Dreams

Though they are generally symbolic of psychological processes, some dreams and nightmares are intended as guidance or warnings on a very practical level. For example, if you were to dream about the brakes failing on your car, it might help to ponder whether you are figuratively having trouble "slowing yourself down" in your life, however, it would also be very wise to check the actual brakes on your automobile in waking life.

Assuredly, not all precognitve dreams are about dire events, though when they are, such nightmares or anxiety dreams warn of current behavior trends, courses of action, or decisions which may soon become detrimental unless we change them, as exemplified in this dream by Stanford University pioneer sleep researcher Dr. William Dement:

"Some years ago I was a heavy cigarette smoker, up to two packs a day. Then one night I had an exceptionally vivid and realistic dream in which I had inoperable cancer of the lung. I remember as though it were yesterday looking at the ominous shadow in my chest X-ray and realizing that the entire right lung was infiltrated. I experienced the incredible anguish of knowing my life was soon to end, that I would never see my children grow up, and that none of this would ever have happened if I had quit cigarettes when I first learned of their carcinogenic potential. I will never forget the surprise, joy, and exquisite relief of waking up. I felt I was reborn. Needless to say, the experience was sufficient to induce the immediate cessation of my cigarette habit."

Somehow, dreams have access to information above and beyond the physical senses, both in terms of geography and time. Exactly how this is possible is an extremely interesting question, both for the individual who has such experiences, and, in general, for the scientific community; where a solely objective investigative approach often misses a lot of valuable clues about the nature of reality, especially when it comes to the realm of subjective experiences such as dreams. My view is that the state of consciousness from where our dream experiences arise is not the same as the "normal" physical waking state (which varies a great deal also), and so perceptions which come to us from such a state (and similarly with meditation, and even day-dreaming and deep states of creativity) arise from a framework beyond our physical one, and hence come from outside our normal framework of time and space. Therefore, it is actually no great surprise and even somewhat common (especially with dreams) that we can sense, through a faculty other than the five physical senses, information which, within the physical world is either ahead or long past in terms of time, unavailable to us in terms of physical location or geography, or unknown to us though others in our life are aware of such information.

Catholic Bishop Joseph Lanyl dreamed of the assassination of the arch-duke of Austria, FranA?ois-Ferdinand de Habsbourg. In vain, he tried to reach the arch-duke to warn him of the assassination which occurred June 28, 1914 in Sarajevo a?" the event that triggered the first world war.

A few days before his assassination, American President Abraham Lincoln, who was very attentive to his dreams, dreamt of his own corpse laid out in a room in the white house. Martin Luther King also seems to have had a precognitive dream about his death a few months before his assassination.

A day before the Titanic's demise, a woman on the infamous ship dreamt of the horrible event that was to occur the next day. She told her husband, who scoffed at her worries and ignored her pleas. However, the dream so affected her that she secretly prepared herself the night before and had all her children sleep in their warm clothes in order to be ready at a moment's notice. During the night, when the ship struck the iceberg, she and her children managed to escape and be rescued. Her husband, sadly, went down with the ship.

That it is possible to know about future events not only courts the disbelief of skeptics, but also often scares people who have such precognitive dreams. Such experiences are actually somewhat common, so people's apprehension is rather unfortunate, because the cultivation of such dreams can really be a beneficial skill, much like a natural talent in music or writing or dance, and can truly become a helpful gift developed both for the benefit of the dreamer and for those around him or her, as shown by this dreamer's premonition:

"I had a dream where my father had blood pouring out of an eye from an accident involving the machine he was working with, and I knew he had lost his eye. Upon awakening, I immediately phoned my parents and asked my father what he was planning that day. He said he was going to work in his workshop with his drill and circular saw. Hearing this, I strongly urged him and eventually got him to promise to wear safety goggles while he was working. Then I spoke to my mother, told her the dream, and convinced her to keep a close eye on Dad. That night, Dad phoned in disbelief to tell me that a piece of wood had flown off the saw right at his eye and shattered the safety glasses. He was very grateful and admitted to me that it was truly a miracle that his eye was untouched." (S.B. Montreal, Qc)

So instead of wishing you sweet dreams, which you've heard many times before, I will go one step further, with your greatest fulfillment in mind, and wish you truly pleasant nightmares.
I wish to see if Gurdjieff or others of the Work ever discussed the dreams of 'warning' as being related to and their purpose to The Work. These quotes from Gurdjieff and others might be as helpful for us as well for the notive seekers to understand about these 'warning' dreams when and if they do encounter them.

...or have this already been discussed?

i had a series of warning dreams, though i didn't perceive them that way at the time. my focus back then was on emarking on a shamanic voyage, that was all i wanted to do. i was having all these dreams where i had magic powers and could fly, only i was always flying away from something, and losing altitude at that. when i did get cornered by the predator of my dream, i tried using my powers to make myself invisible, but it didn't work.
a while after, i had what i thought was an experience in astral projection, only it was pretty scary. someone came into my house, but i can't remember that part. i just figured i needed more experience in controlling it. but after discussing my experience here, i found that rather than it being a genuine OBE, it was a trick set up by the predator to make it look that way.
so my dreams were a warning against the illusory nature of my "powers" and that really it was all a ploy of the predator to make me smug in the "knowledge" that i was advancing..

Ps. joda thats shocking, what you went through. i got entagled with a psychopath too but compared to your experience, cutting mine off was a piece of cake!!

Back
Top Bottom