About Sessions.exe

Oh, did you see the cat really twice, the same cat? :P (fun because topics have been merged)

A few months ago (in spring or so) I worked on some advanced search tools (basically a collection of standalone applications) for better searching and finding Cs material. It's not finished yet. Perhaps I'll find time slots in order to finalise it. I've attached some screenshots that show cross-domain and session searching features.

Attachments

• screen0.png
    screen0.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 98
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    159 KB · Views: 103
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    108 KB · Views: 96
Wow, that looks great, Sirius. Sounds a lot like what I had in mind. I think it could turn out to be a very useful tool for everyone here, hope you get time to finish it.

Edit: I think Ekios means it looks stylish, slick, modern even. I would have to agree. :)

Cesar said:
Wow, that looks great, Sirius. Sounds a lot like what I had in mind. I think it could turn out to be a very useful tool for everyone here, hope you get time to finish it.

Edit: I think Ekios means it looks stylish, slick, modern even. I would have to agree. :)
Exactly ! :)

The most work has been done on formatting and pretty-printing techniques which work quite well already, but there are still a few sessions which could not be processed properly, and I must analyse what's wrong.
Note the smart quotes, for example. There are first a lot of formatting issues being corrected automatically such as line breaks, punctuation errors, quote marks, etc. Footnotes are also recognised and converted so that they are clickable. And don't worry, the block structure and colours are only for appearance. The text can be perfectly copy&pasted and thus quoted as though it were plain text within an plain text editor.

Attachments

• screen3.png
    screen3.png
    21 KB · Views: 74
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 71
I noticed there hasn't been activity on this thread for about a year. I decided to write my own version of a sessions organizer in Ruby. I am aiming for flat-file storage and cross-platform compatibility. Over the next couple of weeks I'll give status updates and post screenshots so you can give feedback.

endescent said:
I noticed there hasn't been activity on this thread for about a year. I decided to write my own version of a sessions organizer in Ruby. I am aiming for flat-file storage and cross-platform compatibility. Over the next couple of weeks I'll give status updates and post screenshots so you can give feedback.

Sounds good :) endescent - thank you! :cool:

dant said:
You can get it here

dant, thanks so much, for this (just successfully downloaded :) ) ... checking it out now ~ way cool !! :cool2: :wizard:

Back
Top Bottom