About the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind

Gertrudes said:
Yes, as far as I'm aware the logo means that you are a member.

Specifically, members who have the little icon thingy have access to the FOTCM members area.

Alada said:
Gertrudes said:

Specifically, members who have the little icon thingy have access to the FOTCM members area.

But as far i know i'm a member (i mean i received the package a year ago and i participate in the conference with the members from south america) but i don't know where is the FOTCM members area.. i only see the public one! i did something wrong? :shock:

Gertrudes said:
irjO said:
I got a question! i'm curious about the meaning of the emblem of the FOTCM that i see above of the avatar of some members.. i joined the FOTCM like a year ago.. that logo means that your are a member? i think i don't have it.. or am i missing something? i realized about that today... sorry for ask this i'm confused!

TheLostBoy said:
I'm not sure if having the symbol above your avatar denotes any certain status such as moderator, but I am pretty sure it is based on a crop circle. I can't remember if it is the one at Avesbury or Stonehenge (I *think* the one at SH), but here are links to both:

http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/2008/may.shtml

http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/2010/may.shtml

As for any meaning behind the symbol and/or crop circle pattern itself, I really don't have any clue, though I haven't asked or looked into it. I'm sure someone else can further elaborate for you (and correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this helps!

The symbol and its very creation are discussed in the C's session from October the 24th 2009, when the fellowship was first mentioned. It is a longer thread, when compared with other session's threads, where many aspects of the fellowship were discussed, including the creation of the logo. This starts approximately here and extends itself for a couple of pages.
It is an interesting read as it lays out how the concept of the symbol developed, as well as the foundational ideas for the fellowship itself.

Ah! Thank you! I knew this was all in the transcripts somewhere! Thanks for providing the link, and linking to where that discussion started.

But as far i know i'm a member (i mean i received the package a year ago and i participate in the conference with the members from south america) but i don't know where is the FOTCM members area.. i only see the public one! i did something wrong?

I also recently recieved my (Listener-level) membership in FOTCM, but haven't found any private forums and no symbol on my profile. Is that all perhaps 'gained' at the level of Companion? As I understand, the Listener level is not actually a practicing role in the Fellowship, but simply making a statement that one's beliefs are in line with the FOTCM's Principles. It would make sense to me that once one has shown a level of participation and actual practice of the Fellowship's Principles we would become active members and get our lovely little symbol, access to the private discussion boards, etc.
So as I understand, no, you haven't done anything wrong, irjO, and neither have I, we have simply not yet moved into the circle of participating Companions and above. I understand you participate in your local conference, and I participate what I'd consider a bit above Listener level also, so perhaps for us it might be a matter of formally presenting ourselves to the Fellowship for consideration of the Companion level?

Again, I'm a fairly new member, so perhaps a more experienced member could confirm and/or elaborate on this for us? Almost not even a question, we've got a great group here :)

Access to the FOTCM forum is not automatic upon joining FOTCM. We need time to get to know you from your posts. Just keep posting. :)

Nienna said:
Access to the FOTCM forum is not automatic upon joining FOTCM. We need time to get to know you from your posts. Just keep posting. :)

Ohh i see! ok! sorry for the confusion :)

Nienna said:

Oh alright, since ya'll insist! ;)

Persej said:
TheLostBoy said:
I'm not sure if having the symbol above your avatar denotes any certain status such as moderator, but I am pretty sure it is based on a crop circle. I can't remember if it is the one at Avesbury or Stonehenge (I *think* the one at SH), but here are links to both:

http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/2008/may.shtml

http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/2010/may.shtml

It's the one at East Kennet: http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/2009/uk2009bi.shtml#pic2

Ah! Thank you! I knew someone would help me follow that up. Much appreciated!
And WOW!! Somehow, I missed ever seeing that original crop circle pic! That one is definitely going in my "favorite crop circles" folder! :)

It has recently been presented to me to attend some "church" type activity. I was told to attend the Church of Christ as they are not so dogmatic. But I can't get comfortable with the creed and the sacraments. This is more of where I fit, I am sure. Physical fellowship certainly has its benefits as well as the community bonding, but my spirituality doesn't fit the guidelines. Of course if you ask most of the attendees at your local church its amazing how little they understand about what they have sworn or affirmed. So for me its not about fitting in, but the community thing feels good. As I learn more about FOTCM, perhaps I shall do some recruiting among the like minded. Our business creates its own kind of physical community anyway since we are an alternative healing facility offering custom herbal formulas, energy work, nutritional reflexology etc. Recently we have worked on a vet returning from 3 tours and have seen some amazing changes. The stresses in everyone are really high right now, not just vets. The techniques we use the most are B.E.S.T. (Bio-energetic Synchronization Technique) and Emotion Code. Used together they are amazing. That's a little of where I'm coming from. It's lightning here so I'll shut down. I've read Laura's book "The Secret History of The World" and have referred to it often and now I'm reading a book with the same title by Mark Booth, has anyone else read that one?

Welcome to the forum, Herbman! Please head on over to the newbies board to properly introduce yourself, maybe tell us a little about how you became familiar with Laura's work, so we can all get to know you: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html

Herbman said:
It has recently been presented to me to attend some "church" type activity. I was told to attend the Church of Christ as they are not so dogmatic.

Just curious, but who 'presented' the idea to you? Sounds like an odd request to me.

But I can't get comfortable with the creed and the sacraments. This is more of where I fit, I am sure. Physical fellowship certainly has its benefits as well as the community bonding, but my spirituality doesn't fit the guidelines. Of course if you ask most of the attendees at your local church its amazing how little they understand about what they have sworn or affirmed. So for me its not about fitting in, but the community thing feels good. As I learn more about FOTCM, perhaps I shall do some recruiting among the like minded. Our business creates its own kind of physical community anyway since we are an alternative healing facility offering custom herbal formulas, energy work, nutritional reflexology etc. Recently we have worked on a vet returning from 3 tours and have seen some amazing changes. The stresses in everyone are really high right now, not just vets. The techniques we use the most are B.E.S.T. (Bio-energetic Synchronization Technique) and Emotion Code. Used together they are amazing. That's a little of where I'm coming from. It's lightning here so I'll shut down. I've read Laura's book "The Secret History of The World" and have referred to it often and now I'm reading a book with the same title by Mark Booth, has anyone else read that one?

There's a bit of a discussion about it here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,8120.msg241450.html#msg241450

TheLostBoy said:
Ah! Thank you! I knew someone would help me follow that up. Much appreciated!

You're welcome. :)

And WOW!! Somehow, I missed ever seeing that original crop circle pic! That one is definitely going in my "favorite crop circles" folder! :)

Yes, it looks very cute. :)
But now that you mentioned it, I think I see a pyramid hill on the first picture!? :umm:

Persej said:
But now that you mentioned it, I think I see a pyramid hill on the first picture!? :umm:

On the picture is a Silbury Hill: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silbury_Hill
A lot of interesting things in that England.

Herbman said:
As I learn more about FOTCM, perhaps I shall do some recruiting among the like minded.

Actually, Herbman, we don't "recruit" people. That's not what we are about. If people find us on their own, that is fine.

Back
Top Bottom