Alcohol

Not sure of it's origin, but I am always reminded of the saying, 'There is nothing, no problem, that alcohol cannot make worse.'

That said, I don't think a small drink here or there is much of a problem. For me, I just don't care for it.

I use it but and this is a huge BUT I have to be very careful with it. Vodka, those Russians got it right. In small doses it's fine just be very careful with it is my advice. If you have an addictive personality......You need to be very careful with it. Personal experience. Carefully use alcohol and you'll be fine

Neil young had this to say in 1989 " We've got a thousand points of light for the homeless man, we've got a kinder gentler machine gun hand " I'm thinking he's a fairly good channel in his own right whether he knows it or not. This cat is a music man! Meowgi

My mother's doctor told her to drink red wine because it would break up her bronchitis. According to her, it worked. For me, if I take it after eating meat once a day, it makes my stomach empty faster.

Now that I think about it it also got rid of the persistent phlegm I had at that time, possibly related to my mother's bronchitis. That was actually the reason I tried it.

An other interesting article on "Different types of alcohol correspond with different emotional responses":
https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/different-types-of-alcohol-trigger-different-emotional-responses

So I take from this it's important to listen to your own vessel in terms of substances? What works for one maybe be disastrous for another.

October 7, 1997
A: The actual quantity is not important. It has been documented.
One can mathematically calculate the amount from the
documentation and other factors. But, of course, one must
remember, when alcohol is ingested, it can be deceiving, and, as it
is ingested, it causes impairment of mental and emotional
functioning
which causes reduced awareness of the amount
ingested. Therefore, large amounts can be ingested without the
realization of same. In your case, the memory loss is directly related
to brain cell damage caused by this ingestion. So, an erasure has
occurred after the fact, that is deep enough that it is not retrievable
through hypnotherapy or other means.
Q: So, she actually destroyed some of her brain cells?
A: Most definitely. A very large quantity. Not that the function cannot
be replaced, of course, but it is a well- documented fact that alcohol
has this effect.

Alcohol and Hormones
Alcohol Can Impair the Body's Hormone System
By Buddy T (Reviewed by Steven Gans, MD)
Updated April 22, 2018

The body's hormones work together in a finely coordinated and complex system to keep us healthy and functioning. Alcohol can interfere with the operation of the hormone system and cause serious medical consequences.

Hormones act as chemical messengers to control and coordinate the functions of the body's tissues and organs. When the hormone system is working properly, the exact amount of hormone is released at exactly the right time and the tissues of the body accurately respond to those messages.

Drinking alcohol can impair the functions of the glands that release hormones and the functions of the tissues targeted by the hormones, which can result in medical problems.

When alcohol impairs the hormone system's ability to work properly, it can disrupt these major bodily functions:
* Production, utilization, and storage of energy
* Reproduction
* Maintenance of blood pressure and bone mass
* Growth and development

By interfering with the hormone system, alcohol can affect blood sugar levels, impair reproductive functions, interfere with calcium metabolism and bone structure, affect hunger and digestion, and increase the risk of osteoporosis.

Alcohol Impairs Regulation of Blood Sugar Levels
The main energy source for all body tissues is sugar glucose. The body gets glucose from food, from synthesis in the body, and from the breakdown of glycogen which is stored in the liver.

The body's blood sugar levels are controlled by insulin and glucagon, hormones secreted by the pancreas. They work together to maintain a constant concentration of glucose in the blood. Insulin lowers glucose levels, while glucagon raises it.

Other hormones from the adrenal glands and the pituitary gland back up the function of glucagon to make sure the body's glucose level doesn't fall low enough to cause fainting, passing out or even brain damage.

Alcohol Interferes With Glucose Levels
Alcohol interferes with all three sources of glucose and interferes with the hormones that regulate glucose levels. There are many ways alcohol consumption affects the body's glucose levels:

* Limits intake of glucose by not eating properly when drinking.
* Inhibits glucose production while alcohol is being metabolized.
* Augments insulin secretion, causing temporary hypoglycemia.
* Impairs the hormonal response to hypoglycemia with heavy consumption.

Chronic Heavy Drinking Increases Glucose
Chronic heavy drinking, on the other hand, can increase the body's glucose levels. Alcohol can:

* Reduce the body's responsiveness to insulin.
* Cause glucose intolerance.
* Increase secretion of glucagon and other hormones that raise glucose levels.
* Alter the effectiveness of medications for diabetes.
* Cause both hypoglycemic and hyperglycemic episodes in alcoholics.
* Lower survival rates for alcoholics with diabetes.

Studies have found that chronic heavy drinking can cause glucose intolerance in both healthy individuals and alcoholics with cirrhosis of the liver.

Alcohol Impairs Reproductive Functions
There are many hormones in the body that regulate the reproductive system. The two main hormones - androgens (e.g. testosterone) and estrogens (e.g. estradiol) - are synthesized in the testes and ovaries.

These hormones affect various reproductive functions. In men, they are responsible for:
*Sexual maturation
*Sperm development and therefore fertility
*Aspects of male sexual behavior

In women, hormones perform many functions:
* Development of secondary sexual characteristics
* Breast development
* Distribution of body hair
* Regulate the menstrual cycle
* Help maintain pregnancy

Chronic drinking can interfere with all of these functions. Alcohol can impair the adequate functioning of the testes and ovaries and result in hormonal deficiencies, sexual dysfunction, and infertility.

Some of the problems that alcohol consumption can cause by interfering with the male hormonal system include:
* Reduced testosterone levels
* Male breast enlargement
* Altered normal sperm structure
* Impaired sexual and reproductive functions

In premenopausal women, chronic heavy drinking contributes to many reproductive disorders, including:
* Cessation of menstruation
* Irregular menstrual cycles
* Menstrual cycles without ovulation
* Early menopause
* Risk of spontaneous abortions

Although most of the above reproductive problems were found in women who were alcoholics, some were also found in women considered social drinkers.

Alcohol Impairs Calcium Metabolism and Bone Structure
Hormones play an important role in maintaining calcium levels in the body
, which is necessary not only for strong bones and teeth but also for communication between and within cells of the body.

Several hormones - parathyroid hormone (PTH), vitamin D-derived hormones, and calcitonin - work to regulate calcium absorption, excretion, and distribution between bones and body fluids.

Acute alcohol consumption can interfere with these hormones and therefore calcium and bone metabolism and several ways:
* Cause PTH deficiency and increase calcium excretion
* Disturb vitamin D metabolism
* Limit adequate absorption of dietary calcium
* Inhibit activity of bone-forming cells
* Adversely affect bone metabolism via nutritional deficiencies
* Alter reproductive hormones, affecting bone metabolism

All of these can cause calcium deficiency which can lead to bone diseases, such as osteoporosis, a loss of bone mass and therefore an increased risk of fractures.

This is a serious health threat for alcoholics due to the greater risks of falls and therefore fractured or broken bones. The good news is studies have found that alcohol's effect on bone metabolism and bone-forming cells are at least partially reversible when alcoholics stop drinking.

Alcohol Increases Cortisol Levels
Researchers have found that alcohol consumption also increases the body's production of cortisol, not only while the person is drinking, but also later when the drinker is withdrawing from the effects of intoxication.

In the short-term, cortisol can increase blood pressure, focus alertness and attention, but in the longer term can adversely impact body functions such as bone growth, digestion, reproduction and wound repair.

Hormones May Influence Alcohol-Seeking Behavior
Research with laboratory animals has revealed that alcohol can affect hormonal pathways that can influence alcohol-seeking behavior. Scientists believe that alcohol-seeking behavior is regulated in part by the renin-angiotensin system, which controls blood pressure and salt concentrations in the blood.

Research is continuing to determine how alcohol's interactions with this hormone system may contribute to the pathological drive to consume more alcohol.

Sources:
Adinoff, B, et al. "Increased Salivary Cortisol Concentrations During Chronic Alcohol Intoxication in a Naturalistic Clinical Sample of Men." Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research September 2003.

National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. "Alcohol and Hormones." Alcohol Alert October 1994

Why Putin Doesn't Drink - Alcohol As A Genetic Warfare - RU EXPERTS
POSTED BY: ADMIN JULY 2, 2017

It’s not a secret that president Putin doesn’t drink alcohol. He seems to do it only in the occasions when it’s required in some way by the protocol or by the cultural tradition where he goes.
And even if he drinks, he doesn’t make it publicly. He is actually promoting a sober way of living.

Why is he doing this?

Because he knows that drinking alcohol is not just unhealthy bad habit but on a bigger scale it’s a warfare tool.

Alcoholism can destroy societies.
It’s a disease that hits on many fronts.
It destroys the health of the people and their children.
It makes people less productive and less capable of doing complex tasks.
It destroys morals and relationships.

The Russians very well remember the 90s when alcoholism in the country had peaked. The whole country was a disaster. And the Russian population shrank more than it did in the WW2.

Nobody has been able to conquer Russia in a military sense; not Hitler and not Napoleon if we don’t go back too far in recent history. But what has been achieved successfully is a cultural ‘norm’ of drunkness, whether or not its worse than other places in the world. This kind of ‘genetic warfare’, akin to 4th generation warfare (a documented, CIA weapon of media warfare) weakens a particular genetic pool, substituting a superior trait with a weaker one as if it was tradition all along.

Vladimir Putin, is a phenomenon in Russian modern history, in that he does not drink. His New Year’s toasts are made without a champagne glass in hand, because even a glass of champagne is not harmless in the grand scheme of things. Alcohol and tobacco are tools used to subdue a populace, one that could render great things – and this doesn’t just go for just Russia.

Here we have a translated video of some of the cases in which Vladimir Putin doesn’t recommend or rejects the use of alcohol.
For a comparison the video includes some of the moments when the former president Boris Yeltsin was drunk publicly during the 90s.
Plus, the video also has a segment of a lecture by Viktor Efimov (a popular Russian expert) done in the academy of FSB (the former KGB) where he talks about alcohol as a genetic warfare tool.

SECRET FSB LECTURE: Why Putin doesn't drink alcohol
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLfkEEDOzI

I can't get drunk?

A month ago I drank a half box of wine and felt nothing. Just to see I bought a bottle of 40% 350ml whiskey and drank the whole thing in an hour and now I feel totally normal and not drunk at all.

Is that normal?

I almost never drink alcohol so I don't think I have built any resistance to it. Usually I would get drunk after three glasses of wine or a few beers but that isn't the case anymore.

For some months now I have had a taste in my mouth that reminds me of something sweet and that of the taste one gets when chewing paper. And I can't help but think it is related somehow.

I can now drink whiskey and vodka, something I couldn't do before. The taste used to be overwhelmingly bad, and I would throw up on the first sip.

( I wonder if it as something to do with a prescribed medical drug called 'Alimemazin Evolan' that I have taken for maybe 4 months now and I wonder if that is the culprit for me not getting drunk. Or perhaps it is me that have just changed for some reason?)

I have been drunk before and I don't miss it. It usually is like a swing (back and forth)in the head that intensifies when I relaxed and I would feel sick and sometimes puke.

Anyways now I just don't feel drunk when drinking.

( I wonder if it as something to do with a prescribed medical drug called 'Alimemazin Evolan' that I have taken for maybe 4 months now and I wonder if that is the culprit for me not getting drunk. Or perhaps it is me that have just changed for some reason?)
I should think so, I just did a quick search on the internet about the Alimemazin and found this:

Do not drink alcohol or take any medicines containing alcohol while taking alimemazine tablets. This is because alcohol can increase the risk of you getting side effects. It can also cause severe breathing difficulties.

So, there might be a correlation with your "ability" to get drunk while taking the medicine, but I would not take that as a green light to continue to drink for the taste, it's counter-indicated with most prescriptions, including yours. Taking alcohol with the drug might not only be preventing you from getting drunk, it could prevent you from addressing or treating whatever it is you're looking to treat with it.

I would advise against it.

Wasn’t it Socrates who never got drunk no matter how much he drank? 🤔

😀 ok.

So, there might be a correlation with your "ability" to get drunk while taking the medicine, but I would not take that as a green light to continue to drink for the taste, it's counter-indicated with most prescriptions, including yours. Taking alcohol with the drug might not only be preventing you from getting drunk, it could prevent you from addressing or treating whatever it is you're looking to treat with it.

I would advise against it.
You are probably right.

I have the oral drops version of alimemazin evolan. I read the medication package insert a while back. It said you can't mix it with alcohol or milk while dosing it. But you could mix it with water or juice etc. then drink it. That's what it said regarding alcohol if I remember correctly. I used the last prescribed bottle some weeks ago, I have to call to get a new one approved. I am not forced to take it but I can decide to take it when needed (1 ml, 3 times a day). I use it against unease and for better sleep. If it helps or not I can't say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom