Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

This is a hyperdimensional game. If the ark/grial is buried in the area, yes, it is. But sticking to how the game develops, where time travel is involved, past life knowledge etc... I'm not convinced that you will find the physical object buried in some catacomb or something like that. Rather buried in the minds of its builders. And I have the impression that where there is a grail there are the principles of the unified field theory.

I quote my comment because I was curious about the locality of Arques. I believe that the importance of the place and I maintain that the grail is not buried there, (not physically) but that the location of the place obeys more to the "energetic" characteristics.

So several ideas came to me and this is what I was able to put together.

First I went and searched about what Richard Hoagland exposes and I found this: CHAPTER 11: GLOBAL GRID II: HYPERDIMENSIONAL CRYSTALS BEGIN TAKING SHAPE ON PLANETS

In the text of the article the two words that caught my attention were "spherical Grid". At that moment I was reminded of the Ley Lines.

So what did I do? I downloaded the Google Earth application and a map of the ley lines that can be superimposed on the globe. I don't know if it was a surprise but I suspected it. A ley line passes very very close to Arques.

SETTING UP THE UVG "UVG-grid-compiled-by-B-Hagens.kmz" FILE

In the upper left corner of the Google Earth screen, click File. Then click Open. You will be able to browse to where you have downloaded "UVG-grid-compiled-by-B-Hagens.kmz." Click on it, and it will appear in the "Places" menu on the left.

Viewing and Hiding Lines

You can view the UVG Grid in many ways. If you click on the little triangle next to a file or folder name, and a dropdown menu appears. Click on the check mark by the title of any folder or file, and everything in that it disappears from the screen. Click the same spot, and it reappears.

If you go into the folder titled “Regular Geometric Solids,’ you can see subfolders and can look at (or hide) all of the different geometric figures and great circles that make up the UVG Grid. The edges of many of the figures overlap each other, and sometimes meet up to create “great circles.’

Every line of the UVG is part of a great circle (equator) that divides the sphere of Earth in half. This is the major change that Bill Becker and I made to the “planetary grid’ model (shown here) proposed in the 1970s by three Russian men Makarov (an engineer), Morozov (a linguist), and Goncharov (a historian). I visited Makarov in Moscow in 1994, and he told me that they believed the dodecahedron was fundamental. It aligned very closely with the mid-Atlantic ridge. That was their beginning orientation. Archaeological alignments (such as Pt. 1 being so close to the Great Pyramid) became visible later.

Attachments

• IMG1 Ley Line Arques.jpg
    IMG1 Ley Line Arques.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG2 Ley Line Arques.jpg
    IMG2 Ley Line Arques.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 12
  • UVG-grid-compiled-by-B-Hagens.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
This is a hyperdimensional game. If the ark/grial is buried in the area, yes, it is. But sticking to how the game develops, where time travel is involved, past life knowledge etc... I'm not convinced that you will find the physical object buried in some catacomb or something like that. Rather buried in the minds of its builders. And I have the impression that where there is a grail there are the principles of the unified field theory.
Yes we are in a hyperdimensional game with unseen and powerful STS forces who have human allies/pawns to assist them, whether wittingly or sometimes unwittingly, just as in the Matrix films.

Having read a lot of books on the Holy Grail one quickly comes to realise that the Grail means different things to different people. For some it is the Chalice Christ used at the Last Supper. For alchemists it is the philosopher's stone, which involves the spiritual transformation of self, which can be compared to transmuting base metal into gold. For others it may be something more ethereal, perhaps connected to the upgrading of our junk DNA to allow our minds to work at a higher level. No doubt for Ark it would be discovering the Unified Field Theory. However, the C's have linked the Grail with the Merkaba Stone or Matriarch Stone, the Gift of God. Wolfram von Essenbach called it a stone as well - the gem that fell from Lucifer's crown - the C's also saying that mankind is Lucifer, the fallen archangel. Its origins were on Kantek and it could be used for all manner of things, including transporting a group of Kentakkians to Earth prior to their planet exploding, which would certainly seem to involve an application of the principles of UFT as you have rightly observed.

I merely follow the clues the C's have given us over the years and they suggest to me that the Grail is a physical object or artefact like the object that inspired the legend of the Ark of the Covenant, which was in fact an STS created super power cell. I think we can also draw comparisons with the TDARM buried on Oak Island, which is capable of teleportation and the regeneration of dead matter. The Grail has these abilities too as demonstrated by its teleportation of those Kentakkians and by the legends of it reviving dead or dying men. When Laura queried whether it was a technology, the C's answered by saying if you want to view it that way. This suggests to me that it is not a piece of hard technology like an electromechanical machine but an artefact, albeit with very special abilities. It may even need to be operated by the mind using focusing techniques in a sort of symbiotic relationship. The C's spoke of the famous Crystal Skull found by Mitchell hedges being used by the Maya for mind focusing.

I think the Grail has been alluded to in history through the use of symbolism such as the 'rose croix' or' 'the Rose of Sharon'. It may have played an important role in Atlantis and in the Tower of Babel story and have been based in the Great Pyramid of Giza at one time. I hope to write an article on this matter soon. If it was the pure crystal skull, Baphomet, as I have proposed, then it may be linked with the myths and legendary stories of Orpheus and his singing head and Bran's talking head as well as the head of Osiris.

I agree that it may be not be buried in a catacomb. It may even be in the possession of guardians, continuing the role of the Knights Templar who were its former custodians. Who knows? I aim to write another article shortly which deals with this possibility and may provide a possible connection to the Enclave of Alchemists who featured in the Oak Island mystery - and this will add a higher density dimension to the story as well.

Finally, I am not sure what you mean by your statement "Rather buried in the minds of its builders"? The Holy Grail may be the creation of 4th or 6th Density STO rather than human (Kantekkian) manufacture. However, reading between the lines, the C's have hinted that a certain bloodline may carry a genetic memory in connection with the Grail. Indeed, Wolfram von Essenbach seesm to endorse this in Parzival where he claims that certain people are called to serve the Grail. In other worlds, there may be people of a certain bloodline whose ancestors have had an intimate connection to the Grail over the eons - a Grail Family if you like. I suspect that Laura may be one such person. This notion may also tie-in with the Nordic Covenant the C's have spoken of.​

Having read a lot of books on the Holy Grail one quickly comes to realise that the Grail means different things to different people. For some it is the Chalice Christ used at the Last Supper. For alchemists it is the philosopher's stone, which involves the spiritual transformation of self, which can be compared to transmuting base metal into gold. For others it may be something more ethereal, perhaps connected to the upgrading of our junk DNA to allow our minds to work at a higher level. No doubt for Ark it would be discovering the Unified Field Theory. However, the C's have linked the Grail with the Merkaba Stone or Matriarch Stone, the Gift of God. Wolfram von Essenbach called it a stone as well - the gem that fell from Lucifer's crown - the C's also saying that mankind is Lucifer, the fallen archangel. Its origins were on Kantek and it could be used for all manner of things, including transporting a group of Kentakkians to Earth prior to their planet exploding, which would certainly seem to involve an application of the principles of UFT as you have rightly observed.

I merely follow the clues the C's have given us over the years and they suggest to me that the Grail is a physical object or artefact like the object that inspired the legend of the Ark of the Covenant, which was in fact an STS created super power cell. I think we can also draw comparisons with the TDARM buried on Oak Island, which is capable of teleportation and the regeneration of dead matter. The Grail has these abilities too as demonstrated by its teleportation of those Kentakkians and by the legends of it reviving dead or dying men. When Laura queried whether it was a technology, the C's answered by saying if you want to view it that way. This suggests to me that it is not a piece of hard technology like an electromechanical machine but an artefact, albeit with very special abilities. It may even need to be operated by the mind using focusing techniques in a sort of symbiotic relationship. The C's spoke of the famous Crystal Skull found by Mitchell hedges being used by the Maya for mind focusing.

Good! That solves a question I had deep down. The part marked in bold, for mind focusing.

I'll give you a hint, although this one comes out of science fiction. Remember that there are many works of fiction out there that contain great truths.

The Cosmo Reverse System is an Iscandarian device that is able to restore life on a range of scales, from individual organisms to whole biospheres. It functions similarly to a wave motion engine. In order for the Cosmo Reverse System to restore life, it must possess memory of the life.

During the journey back to Earth, the Yamato crew realized that the CRS also contained the human consciousness of Mamoru Kodai. It was theorized that in order for the CRS to work, it not only needed Earth materials, but the memory and power of a human mind. After Yuki Mori died, Kodai used all his power to bring her back to life, sacrificing himself in the process. the CRS only had enough power left to get the Yamato back to Earth, but not to restore the planet. Somehow, purely through a miracle, the CRS reactivated as the Yamato approached Earth, and over the next three years, planet Earth was restored, and humanity was saved.

Sounds like quite a grail, doesn't it? (Note how curious the Iscandarian race is when compared to the Nordics.)

Other works, for example, mention technologies that transcend space time:

Psycho-Field

The Psycho-Frame absorbing the intense emotions of the mobile suit pilots and the Earth's inhabitants is often listed as the explanation for the mysterious power that prevented the large asteroid base, Axis, from dropping to Earth. In the Gundam Unicorn novels, this phenomenon is dubbed "Psycho-Field", and occurs when two Psycho-Frames come into close proximity to one another. This contact creates a unique spatial phase around an area of space, in which human consciousness is capable of manifesting as physical phenomena. The Psycho-Field deviates from the laws of physics, and within this space, it is possible for things like "another person's emotions," to be directly felt. The Psycho Field is said to be a spiritual force field that embodies the will of the user[12], and can alter physical reality[6] in limitless possibilities. It's also noted the Psycho Waves emitted by a Psycho-Field aren't affected by Minovsky particles[6], meaning the only method to combat the anomalous nature of a Psycho-Field is with another Psycho-Field. [...] When the Psycho-Frame is overloaded with a singular will or an over-concentration of multiple human wills, it emits a luminescent phenomenon[4] similar to a vivid aurora and is described as a "warm light" that gives one a sense of safety and removes feelings of fear[5]. It is suggested that the reason this phenomenon occurs is in part from the Psycho-Frame drawing energy from a higher dimension that Newtypes can ascend to[6].

Finally, I am not sure what you mean by your statement "Rather buried in the minds of its builders"?

A blueprint. That is, it can be built. But for that you have to unlock the secrets of geometry and algebra.

I quote my comment because I was curious about the locality of Arques. I believe that the importance of the place and I maintain that the grail is not buried there, (not physically) but that the location of the place obeys more to the "energetic" characteristics.

So several ideas came to me and this is what I was able to put together.

First I went and searched about what Richard Hoagland exposes and I found this: CHAPTER 11: GLOBAL GRID II: HYPERDIMENSIONAL CRYSTALS BEGIN TAKING SHAPE ON PLANETS

In the text of the article the two words that caught my attention were "spherical Grid". At that moment I was reminded of the Ley Lines.

So what did I do? I downloaded the Google Earth application and a map of the ley lines that can be superimposed on the globe. I don't know if it was a surprise but I suspected it. A ley line passes very very close to Arques.
Well you have opened a whole can of worms here. Others have certainly made the same connection to ley lines at Rennes-le-Chateau as you have done. I could write a lengthy article on this subject if people like. Moreover, the C's have acknowledged that Rennes-le-Chateau is in an area with a special electromagnetic nature as is Stonehenge.

Please note that I only chose to mention the village of Arques in conjunction with Iman Wilkens' theory that the story of the Siege of Troy was based in northern Europe and not Anatolia/Turkey. I am suggesting that if the town of Delft in the Netherlands was the real site of Delphi in the saga as Wilkens proposed, then the name Arques might denote the region in which the Arcadians were located at that time. I could be wrong about this of course. For good measure, the town of Arques in medieval times was a barony, whose baron had the right to sit in the parliament of the Languedoc.

Speaking of Rennes-le-Chateau, some have proposed the theory (see more below) that the village was originally called 'Rhedae', which may be connected with the goddess Rhea or Rheia, who in Greek mythology, was the Titaness daughter of the earth goddess Gaia and the sky god Uranus, Gaia's son. She is the older sister of Cronus, who was also her consort. In early traditions, she is known as "the mother of gods" and therefore is strongly associated with Gaia and Cybele, who have similar functions. The classical Greeks saw her as the mother of the Olympian gods and goddesses. The Romans identified her with Magna Mater (their form of Cybele), and the Goddess Ops. She was also believed to be the mother of Demeter and Persephone. Hence, we may be seeing another strong connection to the mother goddess - noting that the village's current name Rennes-le-Chateau means the Queen's House.
It was the 19th-century author Louis Fédié, an amateur historian and the president of the Société des Arts et Sciences in Carcassonne, who popularised the claim that the village of Rennes-le-Château was the ancient city of Rhedae in his 1880 book Le Comté de Razès et le diocèse d'Alet. Fédié’s identification was and still is widely disputed by professional archaeologists and historians and the precise location of Rhedae remains unknown.

Others think that Rhedae was probably located near the modern town of Quillan – a major crossroads town about 20 kilometres south of Limoux in the heart of the ancient County of Razès, now in the Aude. Limoux was the former capital of the Razès.

Bill Putnam and John Edwin Wood in their book The Treasure of Rennes-le-Château: A Mystery Solved (2005) noted the difficulty in understanding how the name Rhedae could have been changed to Rennes-le-Château. They noted that Rhedae was cited as being “located at the crossing point of four major roads: how could this possibly be the case at Rennes-le-Château on its isolated hilltop?”

However, it seems that Rennes is located on the same site as the ancient castle of Redae, after which Le Rasez is named.”

I'm only following your discussion with half an eye ATM but the latest additions reminded me of the existence of an older (2013) thread entitled Inter-dimensional windows and Seth's co-ordinate points. It's nine pages long and contains -IIRC- as good as any and all references to global grids, energy grid points, planets and stars being windows, etc. etc. available up until that point in time.

It doesn't hurt to have a look at it to decide whether any of it would be useful to you now.;-)

Q: (L) Is there anything anyone can do to release persons stuck in these parallel realities and bring them back into the reality of origin?

A: Yes, but the technology is a closely guarded secret.

Q: (L) Do you know the secret?

A: Yes, but you do too!

Q: (L) I do too? (T) Does Thor know it? {Laughter.}

A: Mirth!

Q: (L) I know the secret too?...

A: Philadelphia Experiment.

Q: (L) Since you mentioned the Philadelphia Experiment, could you tell us in specific detail, how this was done? What kind of machines were used and how can we build one? {General uproar and laughter}

A: Do you intend to sit here for a day or two?

Q: (J) In other words, it would take a day or two to give us the information? (T) Yeah, we got the time. Get some paper and a pencil. (L) We will save that for another time. (T) Let's start with a diagram and send it to Thor.

A: In short, build an EM generator.

A blueprint. That is, it can be built. But for that you have to unlock the secrets of geometry and algebra.

This is what I was referring to.

I'm just reading the thread, and it comes to confirm not only my last post in this thread, but as it coincides with much of what I've been thinking. Some pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
I'm only following your discussion with half an eye ATM but the latest additions reminded me of the existence of an older (2013) thread entitled Inter-dimensional windows and Seth's co-ordinate points. It's nine pages long and contains -IIRC- as good as any and all references to global grids, energy grid points, planets and stars being windows, etc. etc. available up until that point in time.

It doesn't hurt to have a look at it to decide whether any of it would be useful to you now.;-)
I feel this particular theme/subject has carried over from comments that Bluegazer and I have been exchanging on the latest 23 April 2022 thread, although the C's comments on windows is relevant to Rennes-le-Chateau. It may be better, therefore, to take this subject back into that thread rather than continue it here. Indeed, I have already posted comments that the C's made in the 25 September 1999 session, which I found in the 2013 Interdimensional Windows thread, on the 23rd April thread, as it ties in with comments the C's had previously made in August 1996 on Richard Hoagland's hyperdimensional physics that I posted on that thread last week. Thank you for providing this link though.

I have one question for you. I remember dipping into the Seth material several years ago. However, I recall that some people had claimed that Seth may have been an alien Grey. Do you know anything about this?

@MJF Actually, this is the first time I've heard of this Seth character. I knew for example about Ra and that his material is quite consistent with that of the C's to some extent.

Regarding the cross references between several threads as you have well pointed out, maybe we could see how to create a new thread that can more or less condense some important points. Incidentally include some things that I have also been collecting, although they are not dedicatedly extensive, and are only a general sketch.

Basically, I list:

1) Psionic Machines. The hieronymus symbolic machine. (Radionics)
2) Crystals and information. Microprocessors / transistors as a legacy of Atlantean technology.
3) Fractals / antennas. The use of geometry and in conjunction with points 1) and 2).
4) The human mind as a virtual machine (informatics) a miniature universe.
5) Putting it all together.

@MJF Actually, this is the first time I've heard of this Seth character. I knew for example about Ra and that his material is quite consistent with that of the C's to some extent.

Regarding the cross references between several threads as you have well pointed out, maybe we could see how to create a new thread that can more or less condense some important points. Incidentally include some things that I have also been collecting, although they are not dedicatedly extensive, and are only a general sketch.

Basically, I list:

1) Psionic Machines. The hieronymus symbolic machine. (Radionics)
2) Crystals and information. Microprocessors / transistors as a legacy of Atlantean technology.
3) Fractals / antennas. The use of geometry and in conjunction with points 1) and 2).
4) The human mind as a virtual machine (informatics) a miniature universe.
5) Putting it all together.
I think that is a good idea - go for it! if you have issues in setting it up, the administrators can help you. They will want to avoid any unnecessary duplication of course. Once the new thread is established, you could bring some posts on the 23rd April thread over to it.

I have one question for you. I remember dipping into the Seth material several years ago. However, I recall that some people had claimed that Seth may have been an alien Grey. Do you know anything about this?
No, I don't. In fact, it's the first time I hear about this allegation.

An extensive search didn't yield anything in this regard, not even a source for it. :rolleyes:

No, I don't. In fact, it's the first time I hear about this allegation.

An extensive search didn't yield anything in this regard, not even a source for it. :rolleyes:
Well it was a long time ago. However, from what I recall, the person receiving the channelled information, Jane Roberts, supposedly drew a picture of Seth and the picture I saw did look a bit like a Grey alien. This could have been concocted by a detractor of course. Please note that the Seth material was a topic of discussion between Laura and the C's in the session dated 7 November 1994:

Q: (L) Who was Seth, channelled by Jane Roberts?
A: Higher plane earth spirit.
Q: (L) Were the teachings in the Seth material accurate and
was that a good source?
A: Yes but rapidly becoming obsolete as you move toward
new reality

I have mentioned the Phoenician god Baal on a few occasions in postings. In that 7th November session the C's tell us that he was in fact a Lizard being:

Q: (L) Who was or is Baal?
A: Lizard.
Q: (L) Beelzebub?
A: Same.
Q: (L) Were these actual names of individual Lizards?
A: No. Personifications.

I have been working on a lengthy article on Stonehenge, which I will get round to posting one day. However, what the C's have said about the true nature of Baal in the extract above is important, since Baal (a sun god) has been equated to Bel or Belenus, also a sun god and the chief deity of the Druids who features in that article. In turn, Bel or Belenus can be linked to Cronus (Saturn to the Romans) and to the Assyrian god Belus and his Babylonian equivalent Marduk. No doubt all these gods were in reality just a Lizard entity (or entities) hiding behind these different names, irrespective of whichever ancient pantheon you were dealing with, and the same is most likely true of Apollo, the sun god worshipped by the Celts at Stonehenge and by the Greeks. However, for some reason Apollo (a Hyperborean deity) was pushed into the Greek pantheon and effectively replaced the Greeks original sun god, Helios. Thereby hangs a tale no doubt.

Attachments

• 1653424722581.png
    1653424722581.png
    237 KB · Views: 8
... Strange though that the Rosicrucians should have been advertising in comic books. Presumably, they wanted to recruit young members.
'They' even made comic books to recruit young members. 'They' are 'neo-rosicrucians' in this case, of course.

Attachments

• Man Against Darkness (AMORC 1953).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

Laura recently suggested within another thread Death of Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh at 99 years of age. that I should set up a separate thread for ‘Alton Towers’. So here it is.

I have set out below for everyone’s benefit all the relevant quotes in the transcripts I could find relating to Alton Towers and Sir Francis Bacon:

Session June 7, 1997

Q: Now, I notice that the Celtic name for the town of St. Albans is Verulamium, and that is where Henry Percy, son of Hotspur, was killed in battle. I also notice that Sir Francis Bacon was Lord Verulam, and he was thought to be not only a Rosicrucian, but also the author of the Shakespearean plays, as well as some of the Rosicrucian manifestos...

A: Check out Alton Towers, for clues.

Q: You guys are TOO MUCH! Next: Cayce remarked in one of his vague dissertations - and for those who accuse the C's of being vague, they ought to read Cayce, since he was a MASTER of vague! He could talk for pages and say NOTHING! - anyway he said that there were a lot of Atlanteans incarnating between the years 1909 and 1930. He described them as having strong minds and emotions as well as an 'engorgement' of carnal influences, self-indulgence and high technical ability. He also warned that there was the possibility repeating the errors of the past. Now, these are the people who have set up the world as we have it today. My question is: are we facing a replay of the Atlantean situation, in karmic terms?

A: Well, these cycles do replay from an energy standpoint, but there is always the opportunity to learn and thusly, to advance. Was not his proclamation for those born between 1909 and 1930?? And, if so, what is the significance of when it was delivered, if the orientation was one of the "present" tense?

Q: So, it was possible that he was referring to the Hitler, WWII situation.

A: Or just not referring to those of a later "date" because it was not germaine? {Seems to be a deliberate misspelling of “germane”)

Q: Okay. Who are the 'philosophers of Dancar?'

A: Philosophers who ride around in Dan's car.

Q: That was a serious question! Where and what is Dancar?

A: Why do you suppose the response was light hearted?

Q: Well, come on! What is Dan's car?

A: We ask you to define as best you can.

Q: A 'car' belonging to Dan. The subject was talked about in the 18th century.

A: Yes.

Q: To what place were they referring when they talked about Dancar?

A: British.

Q: Why would they call it Dancar?

A: Locator.

Q: There is no place called Dancar.

A: No?

Q: Supposedly, Christian Rosencruetz was initiated by the 'philosophers of Dancar.' I want to know where this blasted place is! Okay, skip it. One of the Rosicrucian manifestos said: 'God has sent messengers and signs in the heavens, namely the new stars in Serpentarius and Cygnus, to show that a great council of the elect is to take place.' What do they mean by a 'great council of the elect?'

A: Pyrenees.

Q: Okay, the purported enclave of the alchemists... Why was it signified by new stars in Serpentarius and Cygnus? What do they represent?

A: Novae.

Session 28 June 1997:

Q: Okay, you also suggested that I research Alton Towers. I did. All I could find was that Alton Towers is, for God's sake, an amusement park! It is the DisneyWorld of England! What am I gonna find at Alton Towers?

A: Look into this

Q: Well, Cecil was the fellow who kidnapped me. And, when he was arrested, the Navy came and took him away saying he was "incompetent to stand trial" because he had "escaped from a Navy hospital." And that essentially ended any hope of finding out where I was taken or
why. I just don't see. How does this relate to St. Augustine, the Canaries, to Oak Island - all of this? What are we doing here?

A: St. Albans.

Q: And there is more! My God! We aren't happy with Mary Magdalene and St. Augustine, and St. Anthony! Now we also have St. Albans! Of course I know that it is the place where there was a battle and one of the Percy's was killed there. It was also called Verulamian in the Celtic days, and Francis Bacon was Lord Verulam and some suspect that he was the son of Elizabeth I. But, there are only so many hours in the day, guys! I need some help here! I was hoping that I would be getting some help with the research...

Session 12 July 1997:

A: Well? And crop circles? Amazing connections... And what of "The Rosy Cross?"

Q: Well, this is what we are looking at! I have even discovered that Sir Francis Bacon's name is even derived from "beech," and that his Latin signature has the gematria number of 17 - and January 17 is the feast day of St. Anthony, who replaced St. Augustine in this affair somewhat... and I have connected the Rosicrucians all over the blasted planet, for crying out loud! And, who is who here? Just who are the good guys?

Session 19 July 1997:

Q: Well, no. Well, is this reference to Alton Towers that Ark found on the internet, about psychic projectors. That was the only unusual thing we have found about this. Are we talking about some sort of place where they have rotating shifts of psychic projectors?

A: As you know... fiction is often the guise for the deliverance of the deepest of truths. And, on that note, good night.

On the surface these clues seem very cryptic indeed. However, when you start to drill deeper, clues do start to emerge.

If you do a Google search you will find that ‘Alton Towers’ is a modern day theme park located near the village of Alton in the English county of Staffordshire. The estate that would become Alton Towers was first developed by John Talbot, the 16th Earl of Shrewsbury in 1801. It did not become a theme park until the 1950’s.

John Talbot, 16th Earl of Shrewsbury - Wikipedia

History of Alton Towers - Wikipedia

Hence, Alton Towers itself is probably not the place that the C’s suggested was linked with Sir Francis Bacon and the Philosphers of Dancar, as it did not exist in either the 17th or 18th centuries.

However, the land on which Aton Towers now stands was formerly part of the grounds of Alton Castle and here things start to warm up.

From 1442, the castle had been in the possession of the Earls of Shrewsbury, who from the beginning of the 19th-century made their home at nearby Alton Towers. It is with the Earls of Shrewsbury that the links with Sir Francis Bacon and Rosicrucianism start to appear.

The original Norman castle at Alton was destroyed during the English Civil War (1642-51). In the 17th century, the former castle was redeveloped as a hunting lodge known as Alerton (or Alverton), which is the ancient name for Alton. The three-storey structure reused one of the castle's former towers, which remains part of the present-day building. The lodge was split into two properties, one of which was rented by a tenant. The other half was used by the Talbots (the Earls of Shrewsbury) as a summer residence.

The Earls of Shrewsbury were very influential and powerful personages throughout the 16th to the 18th centuries and held many high offices of state during this period. For example, the Sixth Earl was entrusted with the custody of Mary Queen of Scots and also served as Earl Marshal of England from 1572 to 1590. However, it is with Gilbert Talbot, his son from his first marriage to Lady Gertrude Manners who succeeded him as the 7th Earl of Shrewsbury, where the links with Sir Francis Bacon start.

Gilbert Talbot, 7th Earl of Shrewsbury - Wikipedia

In 1592, he was created a Knight of the Garter, but feuded with his former friend John Stanhope when John's brother got the post of Earl Marshal of England, which Gilbert had assumed would be his.

In 1568, Gilbert married Mary Cavendish, daughter of his stepmother, Bess of Hardwick. He appears to have been a highly quarrelsome individual, feuding with not only his stepmother but his brother and other family members, his tenants, and even Queen Elizabeth I herself. He was overshadowed by his formidable wife. It appears that Sir Francis Bacon did not have a high opinion of him because he once remarked that “while Lord Shrewsbury was no doubt a great man, there was one greater than he, his wife.

As well as bringing up their three daughters, Gilbert and Mary Talbot spent a good deal of time with their orphaned niece, Arbella Stuart. The downfall of Arbella, who as the closest relative of King James I had greatly offended him by marrying her cousin William Seymour without his consent, had serious consequences for Gilbert and Mary: Mary, who had aided the marriage, went to the Tower of London as a result, and Gilbert lost his seat on the Privy Council.

However, it is through Gilbert and Mary’s youngest daughter, Alethea (1585-1654), that Bacon’s links become more apparent.

Alethea Howard, Countess of Arundel - Wikipedia

In September, 1606, she married Thomas Howard, the 14th Earl of Arundel with whom she had six children. Alethea was a famous patron and art collector and one of England's first published female scientists*, which fact might be significant given the Rosicrucian influence within the ‘Invisible College’ that would lead eventually to the establishment of the Royal Society under King Charles II. Also of note in her biography is the fact that she and her husband accompanied the Elector Palatine Frederick V and his bride Princess Elizabeth Stuart to Heidelberg on their marriage in 1613.

* Gilbert Talbot was also a noted patron of early science, and Alethea was the author of one of the earliest printed books of technical and scientific material in England to be attributed to a woman.

Frederick V of the Palatinate - Wikipedia

The marriage was celebrated in John Donne's poetic masterpiece Epithalamion, or Mariage Song on the Lady Elizabeth, and Count Palatine being married on St. Valentines Day. Shortly before the ceremony, Frederick was inducted into the order of the Garter and he wore the Order's chain during the wedding ceremony. Elaborate celebrations, organised by Sir Francis Bacon, followed the ceremony; these included a performance of The Masque of the Inner Temple and Gray's Inn by Francis Beaumont and The Memorable Masque of the Middle Temple and Lincoln's Inn by George Chapman. I suspect many of these writers were part of Bacon’s circle and may have been fellow Rosicrucians.

Frederick V reigned as King of Bohemia from 1619 to 1620. He was forced to abdicate both roles, and the brevity of his reign in Bohemia earned him the derisive sobriquet "the Winter King". His daughter Princess Sophia was eventually named heiress presumptive to the British Throne, and is the founder of the Hanoverian line of kings. This fact, therefore, has huge significance to the fate of the Stuart dynasty and the eventual usurpation of the throne by the Hanoverians and shall also be linked with the events surrounding the life of the 1st Duke of Shrewsbury, who would play a major role in helping to bring the Hanoverian dynasty to power (see more on him below). It should also be pointed out that Bohemia was a hot bed of hermeticism and it drew many alchemists to it over the years, including Dr. John Dee, the Elizabethan magus and courtier. This fact has major significance for Bacon and the Rosicrucians, given that Dee was one of Bacon’s mentors at Elizabeth I’s court.

Thomas Howard (7 July 1585 – 4 October 1646), Mary’s husband also rose to great prominence in the 17th century. Arundel was an effective diplomat during the reign of James I. After coming to court, he travelled abroad, acquiring his taste for art.

Thomas Howard, 14th Earl of Arundel - Wikipedia

He was created Knight of the Garter in 1611. He supported Sir Walter Raleigh's expedition to Guiana in 1617 and became a member of the New England Plantations Committee in 1620. This fact may be significant when one considers Bacon’s book ‘The New Atlantis’, which may have served as an inspiration or blueprint for the eventual creation of what would become the United States of America.

Arundel presided over the House of Lords Committee in April 1621 for investigating the corruption charges against Sir Francis Bacon, whom he defended from degradation from the peerage, and at whose fall he was appointed a Commissioner of the Great Seal.

Arundel was appointed Lord Steward of the royal household in April 1640. On 29 August 1621 Arundel was appointed Earl Marshal and in 1623 became Constable of England. Thus, he was unquestionably a heavy hitter in the High Society of 17th century England.

One should also note that Sir Francis Bacon died of pneumonia on the 9 April 1626 (Easter Sunday) while at the Earl of Arundel's house in Highgate, near London. William Rawley, Bacon's personal secretary and chaplain wrote of his demise: “Being unwittingly on his deathbed, the philosopher dictated his last letter to his absent host and friend Lord Arundel.

I can find no evidence that Bacon ever visited Alton Castle, It is not beyond the realms of possibility but his relationship with Alethea Howard seems to have been a lot closer than his relationship with her father, Gilbert Talbot.

Bacon was buried in St Michael's church in St Albans.

Bacon died well before the start of the 18th century. Hence, the quote the C’s made about:

Q: A 'car' belonging to Dan. The subject was talked about in the 18th century,

could not apply directly to Bacon. However, I have found a link with the Talbots, the Earls of Shrewsbury, which may be useful here, particularly in connection with the usurpation of the royal bloodlines and the possible role the English Freemasons and Rosicrucians played in this coup d’etat.

Charles Talbot, 1st Duke of Shrewsbury (24 July 1660 – 1 February 1718)

Charles Talbot, was an English politician who was part of the Immortal Seven group that invited William III, Prince of Orange, to depose James II as English monarch during the so called ‘Glorious Revolution’. As the Duke of Shrewsbury, he was one of the greatest noblemen of the reign of Queen Anne.

With the accession in 1685 of James II, Shrewsbury was appointed a captain in order to defeat the Monmouth rebellion, although he resigned his commission in 1687 after refusing to bow to pressure from James to convert back to the Catholic faith. Making contact with William of Orange, Shrewsbury's home* became a meeting place for the opposition to James II and Shrewsbury was one of seven English statesmen to sign the invitation to William to invade England in June 1688. Shrewsbury was influential in the making of the Revolution Settlement, arguing strongly in favour of recognising William and Mary as sovereigns.

*Though the Talbot family still owned Alton Castle, it had by this time become a ruin due to its destruction in the English Civil War. It would only be rebuilt in the early 19th century. Hence, I don’t think it could have been the meeting place of the ‘Philosophers of Dancar’. But then, who knows?

Shrewsbury became Secretary of State for the Southern Department in the first administration of William and Mary, succeeding his uncle the Earl of Middleton, but resigned from William's government in 1690 due to ill-health and his opposition to the dissolution of Parliament and the dropping of the Bill that would have required an oath abjuring James as King.

There is evidence that as early as 1690, when Shrewsbury had resigned, he had made overtures to the Jacobites and was in correspondence with James II at his court in exile at Saint Germains* in France as a prelude to a possible Stuart restoration, though it has been stated on the other hand that these relations were entered upon with William's full connivance, for reasons of policy. Others aver that Shrewsbury himself was unaware of the King's knowledge and toleration, which would explain the terrified letters he was in the habit of penning to him.

*I wonder if this explains the cryptic remark the C’s made in the session of 7 June 1997:

A: Or just not referring to those of a later "date" because it was not germaine.”

Saint-Germain-en-Laye - Wikipedia

Whether this was because Talbot had had second thoughts about William III does not really come out but it strikes me as very strange that this man should suddenly do a ‘flip flop’ over the Stuarts, when he more than anyone seems to have been the major force in driving James Stuart from his throne.

However this may be, William affected to have no suspicion of Shrewsbury's loyalty, although often presented with evidence against him. On 30 April 1694, Shrewsbury was created Marquess of Alton and Duke of Shrewsbury, and he acted as one of the regents during the King's absence from England in the two following years.

On the accession of Queen Anne, the Whig leaders made an ineffectual attempt to persuade Shrewsbury to return to office. He returned at last to England on 30 December 1705, and took his seat in the House of Lord in January 1706. He gradually became alienated from his old political associates, and in 1710 he accepted the post of Lord Chamberlain in the Tory administration, to which the Queen appointed him without the knowledge of Sidney Godolphin and the Duke of Marlborough; his wife was at the same time made a Lady of the Queen’s Bedchamber.

On 29 July 1714, when Queen Anne was dying, the Earl of Oxford received his long-delayed dismissal from the office of Lord Treasurer. On 30 July, Shrewsbury and other ministers assembled at Kensington Palace and, being admitted to the queen's bedchamber, Viscount Bolingbroke (who would subsequently support the Jacobite rebellion of 1715) recommended the appointment of Shrewsbury to the vacant treasurership; Anne at once placed the staff of that high office in the Duke's hands.

Thus, when the Queen died on 1 August 1714, Shrewsbury was in a position of supreme power with reference to the momentous question of the succession to the crown. He threw his influence into the scale in favour of the Elector of Hanover, and was powerfully influential in bringing about the peaceful accession of George I, and in defeating the design of the Jacobites to place the son of James II (the ‘Old Pretender’) on the throne.

Shrewsbury left no children, and at his death the dukedom became extinct, the earldom of Shrewsbury passing to his cousin Gilbert Talbot. Gilbert was a Roman Catholic priest living abroad and on his death in 1744 the titles and estates devolved on his brother George.

This will then bring us back full circle to Charles Talbot, the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury, who started the development that became Alton Towers in the early 19th century.

John Talbot, 16th Earl of Shrewsbury

After the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury died in 1827, he was succeeded by his nephew John Talbot, 16th Earl of Shrewsbury, who completed the gardens and house started by his uncle.

In addition to the building work at Alton Towers, John set about rebuilding nearby Alton Castle. The castle occupies a rocky precipice above the River Churnet on the outskirts of the village of Alton in Staffordshire. John had most of the ruins demolished, engaging the celebrated architect Augustus Pugin to design a new gothic-revival castle, which was designed to look like a medieval castle built by English crusaders of the Knights of the Teutonic Order in Germany. Towards the end of the castle's construction, the earl suggested the castle could be a home for priests, but Pugin was "vehemently against the idea.

Most of the 12th-century ruins were demolished to make way for the new building Adjacent to Alton Castle, John had a new church constructed alongside a "replica of a medieval hospital, a guildhall and presbytery"; this was again to the designs of Augustus Pugin. The Earl's friend, Ambrose Philips, convinced him to construct a monastery: this idea developed into the hospital complex that was built, as John felt it "could do more good for the community" than a monastery. The "hospital" served as a "humanitarian almshouse", providing for the poor and elderly of the parish. The buildings also provided lodgings for poor and elderly priests, with an attached library and dining room. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, was also used as a school for local poor children.

You will see that I have highlighted certain sections above. I have done this in order to suggest that John Talbot may have been influenced by Knights Templar or Knights Hospitaller principles. St. John the Baptist was certainly a saint the Knights Templar revered and both these religious military orders were required to practice charity as part of their rule, hence perhaps the reason for the almshouse. It was a tenet of Rosicrucianism, as extolled by Bacon, to practice charity, as do the Freemasons. I have not been able to establish though whether John Talbot was a Rosicrucian or a Freemason.

Although this account does not solve all the clues given to us by the C’s, it does establish links, I think, with some of the matters that were discussed in the relevant sessions I quoted at the start of this thread.

Much of what was said in those sessions seems to link with the Rosicrucians and Freemasons for whom Sir Francis Bacon was a major player. Hence, I aim to add further material on him and his associates when time permits.

In the meantime, the quote the C’s made in the following extract from the 19 July 1997 session makes more sense to me now:

Q: Well, no. Well, is this reference to Alton Towers that Ark found on the internet, about psychic projectors. That was the only unusual thing we have found about this. Are we talking about some sort of place where they have rotating shifts of psychic projectors?

A: As you know... fiction is often the guise for the deliverance of the deepest of truths. And, on that note, good night.

It has always been the practice of the Rosicrucians to disclose deep truths through literature and plays. Francis Bacon was a master of this. This practice or tradition has been carried on by later generations of Rosicrucians such as Lewis Carroll and Edward Bulwer-Lytton, who I have previously written about in the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers thread.

You will like the attached essays about Bacon.

Attachments

• Esoteric_Bacon.pdf
    303.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Precious_Gem.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom