Ambition, lack thereof, and why we do anything.

Don't get caught up in your brain/head. Seems you're trying to "reason" your way out of a mental construct you created from reading some of this material.

There's your body, your brain, your spirit, and your Soul.

The first 3 need the right attention, in the proper measures, as and when it's needed. The 4th smiles at how you choose.

In essence: don't (brain) overthink it. :hug2:

Overcoming mechanicalness is strictly an acknowledgement that your body is a machine and that your "brain", the seat of your perceptions, has some effect on it and vice versa. (Hence the proper diets and breathing <--- body centric, so the brain is clear).

But there's more to that. That's where spirit comes in. Or Will, if you want to call it that.

My 2 cents' worth.

What do you think is the mental construct I am suffering from? Or if that's hard to answer, what material do you think I read which lead to forming it?

Oh, see that? I asked a question. I wrote about 5 paragraphs of aimless text before I realized I would be better served just asking a question. I believe that is a score for the art of inquiry - as an escape from the trap of mechanical overthinking.

If the alternative is no progress, then overthinking is actually good, if it gets me to the point where I can stop overthinking. And I gather that is pretty normal, to overthink something until you realize it is simpler than that. So I was actually dismayed at first at your statement that I was overthinking it, as if I should not be. But being imperfect, I cannot think about something without overthinking, at least a little bit. I usually get through it, eventually.

That is a program running in my machine, and I can jump out of it if I can realize that I have the choice to ask a question.

Last edited:
Progress?

Which progress do you seek? How are you measuring this internally?

Whose yardstick are you using?
If some asked me this question I would say: higher mental clarity, higher emotional stability and better connectedness to others. All of which takes time to achieve. That's the first thing that got to my mind. This is personal comparison between who you were and who you are now.

I think the motivation in people varies upon their stage of development which is also connected to relationship between awareness of yourself and others around yourself. You cannot be motivated to achieve something if you are not aware of situation that what you are doing isn't only for you but is for others you don't even know of their existence yet.
Just some banal example, you're good at your work but you don't have a will to work a bit harder for a promotion. That could bring your annoying colleage everybody hates at work to get a promotion and to make everybody at work miserable. You're single and don't need raise, maybe one day you will marry and have kids but then you'll have to live with your parents because you don't earn enough to buy a house for your family. And you watch Netflix with your mom :lol:.
In the Work if you don't work upon yourself you can't give me a step higher on a staircase, and I'm behind you. Way lower but I can only give space for someone behind me.

To have ambition one has to have a sense of wonder and curiosity and attraction toward what may be the future.

The emotion of wonder is a finicky one. It's very easy to lose. It allows you to take interest in things outside your immediate needs.

I find that I need to be in the very best of health or I feel very little of it. And Iodine is known for bringing back a lame artist's eye.

I think if you want to activate your ambition, then maybe finding out how to activate your sense of awe and curiosity is a good first step. I think the book Healing Development Trauma in the recommended books probably has some good hints.

Progress?

Which progress do you seek? How are you measuring this internally?

Whose yardstick are you using?

Whenever I do something I hadn't thought to do before, which leads me out of a mental trap, and that trap becomes ineffective on me, then that is progress.

Thank you for starting this thread, and it is indeed thought provoking given the topics of the C's experiment and FRV.
I liken it to finding Laura and her work in the first place. I knew what I was looking for in my heart, I wanted the truth, was very much sick of all the deception I saw everywhere including all the philosophies and religions/belief systems that failed me, but I did not know what form the truth will take, I just recognized it when I saw it. It was literally food for my soul, and I devoured everything on Cassiopaea website when I found it rather voraciously, like I finally found water after almost dying walking through a desert for eons.
Yes, hear exactly what you are saying, and many others here would resonate as finding this place, as you said, was "literally food for the soul" in a somewhat barren 3d world upon the slippery slopes of abject STS many had found themselves.

As for your project thoughts, and as the C's provided (really in numerous places), here and now in 3d reality the very idea (and who wants to acknowledge it) is as Nem quoted:

Session 22 January 2000
Q: So, in our drive to obtain knowledge, we are STS?
A: You are STS, period.

The truth of it is humbling - what we are, and as the C's have suggested - in our understanding from 3d, it is difficult to grasp the opposite as it lays in the realm of 4d. However the gift of it is its opposite, the idea of STO candidacy and all that that means, and your efforts to look at candidacy, imo, would help those who want to consider. Can it be a panacea of our current condition? How could it be if one does not want to look, and yet it could be a map that helps direct others, as in a service, and the direction is as the C's have also numerously said, a change in frequency resonance - a path to STO from how we read the waves from our 3d vantage point. It is the idea of it.

This is the gift that Laura has provided with everything that can be read, it is a chance to hold the very idea of STO and build upon it. It is also the lens to look more deeply at our own STS reality (Gurdjieff helps with the self) - with the Work a means of abating its grip in totality. None here will know true STO if that is their truer future resonance until a crossing is made, yet the heart may be lightened to its possibilities.

Thank you for starting this thread, and it is indeed thought provoking given the topics of the C's experiment and FRV.

Yes, hear exactly what you are saying, and many others here would resonate as finding this place, as you said, was "literally food for the soul" in a somewhat barren 3d world upon the slippery slopes of abject STS many had found themselves.

As for your project thoughts, and as the C's provided (really in numerous places), here and now in 3d reality the very idea (and who wants to acknowledge it) is as Nem quoted:

The truth of it is humbling - what we are, and as the C's have suggested - in our understanding from 3d, it is difficult to grasp the opposite as it lays in the realm of 4d. However the gift of it is its opposite, the idea of STO candidacy and all that that means, and your efforts to look at candidacy, imo, would help those who want to consider. Can it be a panacea of our current condition? How could it be if one does not want to look, and yet it could be a map that helps direct others, as in a service, and the direction is as the C's have also numerously said, a change in frequency resonance - a path to STO from how we read the waves from our 3d vantage point. It is the idea of it.

This is the gift that Laura has provided with everything that can be read, it is a chance to hold the very idea of STO and build upon it. It is also the lens to look more deeply at our own STS reality (Gurdjieff helps with the self) - with the Work a means of abating its grip in totality. None here will know true STO if that is their truer future resonance until a crossing is made, yet the heart may be lightened to its possibilities.
Thank you. Life has been extremely hectic lately and almost unbearable. 🙃 Reading this forum somehow eased my mind enough to take a deep breath and feel a little better. I appreciate you all, and am extremely thankful. 🤗

Ambition is a necessary and motivating force, it can do good or bad, but is neutral. The individual determines the effect.

Ambition is necessary for growth. For any kind of movement within the self. It's also aspiration, or a step towards it. That relates to AIM, which requires the ambition and aspiration. If we don't push ourselves there is no one to push us. Force is self generated, and depends on knowledge for a movement in the correct direction (God/DCM is in there somewhere too).

This direction can be a puzzle to solve, with everything changing as frequently as it does. Riding the Wave may be different for each person. It's like writing a new gospel, factoring in the current times. How to reach them?, Is it possible? Or necessary? Will shorthand stories convey a correct meaning? Is it just too late for some to wake up?

I still enjoy the concept of putting it out there as you have considered by making a booklet, because it may reach some, and even if only one, there's a value to that. Or if found in the future, a crumb that leads to history, and objective understanding.

Back
Top Bottom