Any GOOD horror movies?

Following the recommendations, and especially the works of Stephen King. I recommend Doctor Sleep.

“Doctor Sleep” continues the story of Danny Torrance, 40 years after his terrifying stay at the Overlook Hotel in The Shining. Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson and newcomer Kyliegh Curran star in the supernatural thriller, directed by Mike Flanagan, from his own screenplay based upon the novel by Stephen King. Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the “shine.” Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality.

It is not that it is a super scary movie, but the movie enters the field of the many topics that are spoken in this forum. A series of truths that if the neophyte first sees the movie and then finds that much of the above has its share in the real world, I am sure he will have a terrible fear.

It is not that it is a super scary movie, but the movie enters the field of the many topics that are spoken in this forum. A series of truths that if the neophyte first sees the movie and then finds that much of the above has its share in the real world, I am sure he will have a terrible fear.

I agree with you @Bluegazer . The "real world" has so many more real examples of "horror" that these movies pale in comparison.

For instance, take the horrors of MK Ultra programming as described by Fiona Barnett:

Life here in 3rd Density, on Earth, is all about Surviving, and with some Knowledge, some of that striving can become THRIVING!
Nature tends to find a way to re-model, re-design, and work around the Tampering done by Service to Self 3rd and 4th Density...

Zagreb, Croatia on 22/32/2020 ... it is in the theaters as we speak ... (dark humor helps me cope, sry for not offering any good horror flicks:lol:)
Its called "I dont know how many earthquakes were there today...."
:rotfl:

Parasyte Part 1 Live Action Film

I watched the anime version of this, and remember liking it, even if it seemed a bit overboard in some ways. I also remember liking some of the philosophical questions that it brings up as part of the central theme! Not sure how i'd like it in a live action format, since it may look a bit silly in that way, while that degree of sci-fi still fits the confines of anime, imo.

As a contribution to the thread, for anyone that has read Hostage to the Devil, the movie Babadook might strike a chord. (After reading that book, not much horror stuff phased me the same way :shock: )

Back
Top Bottom