Apartment building partially collapses near Miami Beach, rescues underway

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
What do you think was the reason for the collapse of Champlain Towers? Sinkhole? Other earth changes? The jumbo jet that didn't hit the tower or other 4D?

I think it's still too early to tell but I have to confess that while viewing the video of the collapse I was strongly reminded of the collapse of the twin towers and the other building during 9/11 because of the crumbling effect of the debris - but maybe the video is just a bit too grainy... :huh:.

Sinkhole?
Yep that has been speculated. Though it does look like the Oklahoma collapse.

WSJ
“I think we’re going to one day find that there was something very strange going on at this building,” Mr. Burkett said in an interview. “Buildings just don’t fall down in America, they just don’t do it.”

Surfside, a town of 6,000 people just north of Miami Beach, has a mixture of 1950s-era single family homes and beachfront condo towers. The area is home to many Orthodox Jews and has several synagogues in close proximity to one another.

The condo tower, built in 1981, was undergoing a 40-year recertification, and work was being done on its roof, said Surfside Commissioner Eliana Salzhauer. Building inspectors had visited the tower recently, she said.

Town records show the condo owners’ association in April had received approval to begin a roofing project and in May received approval to upgrade a mobile phone tower.
The condo owners’ association and the building contractor were in early discussions with the town of Surfside about restoring some of the concrete on the 40-year-old building, according to Walter Keller, a civil engineer and the town’s consultant planner.

Mr. Keller said in an interview that it is important to restore concrete buildings that face the ocean to counteract corrosion of reinforcing bars, primarily made of steel, caused by exposure to salt air and water. “They were starting a major concrete restoration program for this building,” he said. It was scheduled to start soon, Mr. Keller said.

Architectural experts said a catastrophic failure like this is highly unusual. The building predates Florida’s most recent hurricane-building codes but was built to withstand major storms and other threats. Condo buildings are also typically constructed with redundancies so that the load is transferred if something fails, and so one weak link doesn’t cause a massive failure, said Kobi Karp, an architect who has done work in the area.

Buildings made with these materials often require maintenance to reinforce the steel and shore up the concrete due to erosion over time, Mr. Karp said. But 40 years is relatively young, he said, and there are far older structures with the same materials along the coast.
Raysa Rodriguez, a ninth-floor resident of the tower, said she was awakened by what felt like an earthquake. When she looked outside, she saw that part of the building was gone. She said she heard a woman’s voice in the darkness, crying, “Please help me. Don’t leave me here.”

1624562397011.png

1624562418222.png

What do you think was the reason for the collapse of Champlain Towers? Sinkhole? Other earth changes? The jumbo jet that didn't hit the tower or other 4D?

I'd agree with Palinurus on this one:

I think it's still too early to tell but I have to confess that while viewing the video of the collapse I was strongly reminded of the collapse of the twin towers and the other building during 9/11 because of the crumbling effect of the debris - but maybe the video is just a bit too grainy... :huh:.

"Architectural experts said a catastrophic failure like this is highly unusual. The building predates Florida’s most recent hurricane-building codes but was built to withstand major storms and other threats. Condo buildings are also typically constructed with redundancies so that the load is transferred if something fails, and so one weak link doesn’t cause a massive failure, said Kobi Karp, an architect who has done work in the area."

How does part of a building just suddenly collapse at seemingly free fall speed? How does the entirety of the support structure collapse all at once? Highly suspicious. Also, it seems just like a normal apartment building. If this was some sort of deliberate sabotage, why?

Maybe some sort of warning shot by the PTB to Desantis for resisting their lockdowns and CRT?

To early to tell but certainly worth watching.

Recent reports stated that the land (that building occupied) had experienced some sinking.
USA Today
More: Collapsed Miami condo had been sinking into Earth at alarming rate since 1990s, researchers say

A Florida high rise that collapsed Wednesday night was determined to be unstable a year ago, according to a researcher at Florida International University.

The building, which was constructed in 1981 on reclaimed wetlands, has been sinking at an alarming rate since the 1990s, according to a 2020 study conducted by Shimon Wdowinski, a professor in the Department of Earth and Environment at Florida International University.

“I looked at this morning and said, ‘Oh my god.’ We did detect that,” he said of the Champlain Towers South.

Wdowinski said his research is not meant to suggest any certainty about what caused the collapse of the condominium. The building was sinking at a rate of about 2 millimeters a year in the 1990s, and the sinking could have slowed or accelerated in the time since.

In his experience, Wdowinski said even the level of subsidence observed in the 1990s typically results in impacts to buildings and their structures, such as cracked walls or shifting foundations. He believes that very well could have been the case for the Champlain building in the 1990s, based on his findings.

“It was a byproduct of analyzing the data. We saw this building had some kind of unusual movement,” Wdownski said.

Edit Add:

What i can’t wrap my head around is how smoothly it collapsed. Almost like butter.

Could or can a sinkhole accomplish such smooth collapsing movements in a structure like that ? I mean, if the building was certified to stand tall against storms and hurricanes ? I would have thought of a more erratic collapse…

The state of Florida is in the cross hairs of the deep state since Gov. DeSantis is doing such a fine job of stopping their destructive plans for the country, at least in his own state. Anything of significance that happens there now has me wondering if it's an attack.

This event had me wondering as well. I've heard shock tests are normally carried out in the middle of the ocean far from land and this was only 100 miles from the Florida coast. 2 more are scheduled and the blast registered 3.9 on the Richter scale.

Recent blast registered as a 3.9 magnitude earthquake off Florida coast and is enough to have outsized effects on marine life in area.
The US navy set off a massive explosion last week, detonating a 40,000 pound blast as part of a test to determine whether its newest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald Ford, is ready for war. The test, known as a full ship shock trial, is just the first of three planned blasts over the coming months.

I have to say, that was also my first impression.

It looks weird definitely...
Like someone cut the building with an axe on the right side and then smashed it / put a pressure from above...

In the pictures here, first it looked to me like there is too little remains of the building, but from different angle, it then started to look like the whole building is pressed down from above.
There aren´t any remains around, i.e. when you look at the parked cars, etc, so it looks like a controlled demolition, but I don´t know what to think....

:umm:

Back
Top Bottom